IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkmoon77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15336 2 years ago

I decorated my playfield! There were so few things about the playfield that negatively caught my eye, but this metal bracket with two lock nuts over the shooter lane... staring at me on every skill-shot attempt... was a no-go. Some spiffy miniatures and a custom bracket and it is much improved. What do you all think? (First photo of original bracket is not my machine).
0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#15530 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Looks sweet - should be a gold top Les Paul though.

Good point! I may paint it.

#15531 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I personally don't care because I'm not after one, but just trying to help the people that want one for that location to find something he actually plays as opposed to a rando guitar.

Thanks. That looks much better. I may paint mine or order the keychain one.

#15534 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Looks to me like we may have generated probably 10 additional sales for the keychain from Pinside post...
Get them while you can.... 9 left!
ebay.com link: itm[quoted image]

Ha. Yeah, just ordered it.

#15535 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Since day one, My lockdown bar sits well in position yet the lock latch underneath, has some obstruction that won’t allow it to move back into locked position (pushed all the way to the right). This way, it interferes with the coin mech from the inside.
What’s the solution? I’ve tried playing with the 2 screws on the bar but didn’t notice it did much.

I had to add a small bit of foam tape to mine to lift up the left side a bit.

#15646 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

hawkmoon77 told me he "cut a piece of sheet metal and bent it. The guitar is attached with double-sided foam tape."

I'll post a picture tomorrow if it will help.

2 weeks later
#16578 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

only 12 days to my door, from where I thought on ebay indicated from Argentina, and my keychain arrived yesterday.
Looking forward to a pic of yours hawkmoon77 when you get it installed.
The return Address says: Willemstad, Curaçao
Willemstad is the capital city of Curaçao, an island in the southern Caribbean Sea that forms a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Pretty cool.
[quoted image]

Still waiting for mine!

#16623 2 years ago

I got the keychain. I don't think I am going to use it. It is yellow. But it is also a flat cutout of wood with a photo-sticker of a guitar on it. It does have a decent quality sticker. But the original guitar I got is a work of art in comparison. It's actually a miniature hollow-body guitar, with strings and pickups and a bridge and tuners with amazing 3D detail, and the lacquer finish is spectacular. (It even came with a guitar case). The keychain is a great upgrade in my opinion to the ugly bracket. And it is yellow. But the other guitar is beautiful (and the neck fits a better).

In looking at the pictures of both, I'll say this. The photo of the red guitar does not do it justice. The photos of the yellow guitar look much better than the actual guitar.

The quality of the red guitar is such that I might consider sanding off the finish and staining the wood yellow. If I can order another one, I might try that. If not, I'll just hang this photo near the machine until I get used to it https://i2-prod.belfastlive.co.uk/incoming/article16422078.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_Belsonic-Slash-10_Lewis.jpg

20210904_135205 (resized).jpg20210904_135205 (resized).jpg20211023_115418 (resized).jpg20211023_115418 (resized).jpg20211023_115449 (resized).jpg20211023_115449 (resized).jpg

#16626 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry you're disappointed. Good feedback.
Hopefully we'll get some pictures of this installed in the future to give it a comparison.

It was well worth the effort to try. I'll post a side-by-side when I have a chance. The problem is really that the sticker photographs REALLY well. But in person, it doesn't compare to what is basically a miniature real guitar.

#16826 2 years ago

Okay, I think I've worked out a good guitar to cover the metal bracket. I used the existing guitar as a template and just made another so that it could be yellow. I went with the starburst pattern. It's very 3-dimensional, so you can really see the tuners, nuts, pickups, strings, pick guard, and every other detail. It's pretty much the same size, so I don't need to remake the bracket that holds it in place. See pictures for the original, the new one, and a comparison. Thoughts? It took like two hours just to get the paint and lacquer "right." Did it come out okay?

20210904_135209 (resized).jpg20210904_135209 (resized).jpg20211028_134129 (resized).jpg20211028_134129 (resized).jpg20211028_134152 (resized).jpg20211028_134152 (resized).jpg20211028_134844 (resized).jpg20211028_134844 (resized).jpg
#16827 2 years ago

And here is the back (not that you really see it).

20211028_135614 (resized).jpg20211028_135614 (resized).jpg
#16831 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Gettin stuck here quite a bit. Everything is tight, pitch is 6.75°, entry to ramp is high naturally cuz of rails, but that's by design. Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

I had a similar problem. For me, the metal forms were bent in a funny way. I had to re-bend them for extra clearance. I can't tell in your pic if that's the case for you. But give it a good look over.

#16835 2 years ago

I just got it installed. I definitely like the yellow better, and it was well worth the time to get it right. Thank you all for your comments. I think it is much improved over the original. And I'm so glad not to be looking at the steel bracket anymore!

20211028_152027 (resized).jpg20211028_152027 (resized).jpg20211028_152045 (resized).jpg20211028_152045 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#17479 2 years ago

I am really liking the slash guitar add-on I made to cover the metal bracket on the shooting lane. I'm thinking of making a few more for other people who might like it as well. Pinside has helped me a lot and I'd like to make a few for people and just either give them away for free, or ask to cover the costs of materials/shipping (maybe like 20 bucks I think, but I think I'd make that optional too). I haven't worked this out in detail yet, but is there any interest before I make the investment and start figuring out if I could make this work?

3558aa6fc3f5560f0e00973e70ab2d1b405a4a93 (resized).jpg3558aa6fc3f5560f0e00973e70ab2d1b405a4a93 (resized).jpg
#17486 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

My OCD requires your OCD to require 6 strings.

I mocked one up with 6. It looked very weird. I think it's scale issue. Kind of like how 5 fingered cartoon characters look stranger than 4 fingered characters! At that size, the 6 string version looked like it had way too many strings from a distance, unless you actually counted them. I went back and forth on it a lot, and finally I just asked some non-interested people (ie. my wife and kids) to look at my real guitars and then look at the tiny ones and which one looked better. All of them thought the 6 string looked strange. Even after telling them it actually had the right amount of stings!

#17487 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If it was the right guitar... the cheap painted one is still the most legit in my opinion even if it is painted.
Anything considered better still needs to be a slash replica, with better quality, and my OCD requires 5 strings.

I used this photo as a reference. How do you think I can improve on it?

slash (resized).jpgslash (resized).jpg
#17494 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

hmm. Maybe start juicing and eat less meat.

Done and done... as for the guitar color, are you referencing the fully yellow version he uses, as opposed to this starburst pattern in the picture? It would probably be easier to do the fully yellow to amber color than the yellow to amber to black color I tried.

#17496 2 years ago

I only plan on making a few because they take so much time. I guess there is interest enough to justify 5 or six of them. So I'll just go ahead and make them and then see who wants to claim them. I just didn't want to be stuck with half a dozen of them if no one wanted them. Thank you everyone. I'll let you all know when I have some ready.

#17498 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

My preference would be anything from the Gibson Slash collection! - with 6 strings
https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Guitars/Collection/Slash

So basically I have two out of the three colors fairly correct, but we need to skip the f-holes and add another button on the top? Forgive my being slow on this, and I do appreciate your help. Is that the main issues?

The 6 strings are really rough with this scale. From the player's perspective, it looks right when you are playing, and really weird with more strings are added. I mean I *could* add another two. That isn't an issue. It just looks so weird to me when it isn't zoomed in. Maybe I'll mock it up again and take another picture.

#17502 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So, 2 extra strings just may not be worth the effort, as you're two tuners short also, plus the current strings are a also too thick (out of scale) and no room... and their color is a copper color and just odd. They look like a christmas tree decoration.. I would ideally replace with thinner silver wire. That may go a long way. The 4 brown strings stand out so much and my eyes go right to them first, then I notice there is a guitar behind them, followed by the meh. The f-holes are definitely not welcome either but they are barely noticeable and as everything is being scrutinized to death here those may not matter..... and I agree when you play the game you likely wont notice.... will they make it on my pin, probably not. I feel similarly to the fact that you dont notice the issues with the ones your using, that the one from ebay that is painted, and looks authentic, and I acknowledge its 2d and painted but also, think probably the fact that its painted wont be an issue once on and playing the pin.... we shall see. I have never seen any pics of the painted ebay guitar in a pin yet... dont think anyone has installed it and provided pics. So I think I have to see it first to accept that it looks like crap.

Very helpful. I have the 2d printed one. I'll take a picture of it in the machine for comparison. The problem is that it is printed with like shadow effects that look really good in a photo, but really not so great in person!

I'll also get a pic of the 6 string version when I have a chance. I used a thinner gauge steel wire to fit them (I got them from a single thread of picture hanging wire). It looked pretty good close-up. In the machine, however, they were so hard to see it looked like the guitar didn't have any strings at all! And I swear, it looked like there were 8 or more of them from a distance.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. I am already so much happier with the modifications you and others suggested, and they really improve the look of it.

#17504 2 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

IMHO the cheap one from Argentina looks good from a distance.
I put mine back away from the player a bit.[quoted image]

Love it!

#17521 2 years ago

I didn't want to clog this thread up too much with my attempt to get my Slash Guitar Mod tweaked. So I created a new topic if anyone wants to follow along or share their thoughts. I'm also looking for a way to make a handful or two more and give them away to a few Pinsiders as a little thank you. I haven't worked out all the details on how to do that, but if you have any ideas, feel free to post them here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slash-guitar-mod-for-jj-gnr#post-6601375

Thanks again everyone.

20211112_085919 (resized).jpg20211112_085919 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkmoon77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=hawkmoon77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.