IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider granpadave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#653 3 years ago

Dad here... Nothing like an ass kickin' from my son! Excited for this game and for the pinball community as games just keep getting better and better.

#707 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

All the pissing and moaning we do on Pinside and then this. Ya gotta love it.

Thanks Mr68. Right on.

#708 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I only have two mates that collect pinballs, both are operators and both of them are buying the LE same as me i found out yesterday.

Most excellent. I was able to play the game today. A definite keeper. You and mates will be very happy!

#1108 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wrong hobby. Buy an Xbox.

Still laughing! Pinball hobby is not just playing... But...shopping, fixing, mods, tournaments, socializing, etc. I have 13 machines- always happy when ALL of them are working- Stern's, Sega, American pinball, Bally/Williams. But also happy to fix them- always an accomplishment especially if I can fix 'em myself. Always adjusting and cleaning.

7 months later
#10637 2 years ago

Placed my order October 8, 2020. Machine finally arrived yesterday, June 2, 2021. Guns N’ Roses LE #735. Played several games with another Pinsider and definitely enjoyed it. Will be looking for some of the known issues mentioned in this forum.

Cheers!

#10655 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Welcome to the jungle! You're going to have a blast with it!

Quoted from zaphX:

Welcome to the jungle! You're going to have a blast with it!

Thanks Zaph!

#10656 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Glad you finally got yours, dad! I got some extra clear petg washers and I'll get you set up this weekend. Next step, gotta get our Scorbit set up.

Most awesome. Working on rules and strategies...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 weeks later
#11817 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

As promised, let me know what you think! I forgot to include the power supply in the video, but it is in the video's description.

Most excellent! Getting mine together now…with a little help.

1 month later
#13428 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It does settle down over time, but all my NIB JJPs needed some tweaking for the first few weeks. I give Stern a lot of credit here, their machines are robust and stable pretty much OOTB.
For me fixing things is part of the hobby so it doesn't bother me. But it does get better as you get it dialed in.

I have over 20 games, most of them Sterns, and two routed. I also have multiple 1990s Bally Williams games as well. My two cents - Stern pros are the most robust and hold up the best in a routed location. They are more simple and built to take a beating. However, for my home collection I prefer premiums. My Batman 66 has close to 6000 plays on it and still works great. I have had Bally Williams games on route and they are good but not as robust as the stern pros.

As far as jjp, the games are amazing and beautiful and I am always in awe of anyone that would route one of them. Fortunately, people do and I get to enjoy them before I decide to buy them. That was the case with gnr. I would recommend reading the forums where you can really get a lot of information and then digest what you want and use what you want. For example, with gnr, the playfield issues are real, but it depends how far you want to go to fix it. There are also a lot of really cool mods out there as well. The game is awesome and you will definitely enjoy it. GNR was not on my radar at all until I got to see one and play one. Now I am a happy owner.

I would also mention that any game requires tweaking. I guess it depends on how OCD you are but most of us are. I have an Avengers Infinity quest that was basically a nightmare out of the box but now that it is adjusted it is a great game.

So, whatever you get, plan on tweaking it and modding it however you want and really enjoying it. Someday you will probably part with it but that is okay. Cheers!

#13429 2 years ago
Quoted from TheRealTO:

Waited 10 months for my machine and 2 years for the concert. Amazingly, the game arrived Tuesday just in time for the Wednesday concert. Still a great live show that exceeded expectations!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Most awesome. Congrats!!

3 weeks later
#14644 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Tonight I had my best game so far after owning and playing it for over 3 months. My GC’s up until now were between 15-17mil for months. Cashed out a 16mil+ jackpot on paradise city(although the Karl influence almost made me not cash out, lol). Also got a 8mil My Michelle jackpot with some decent booster multiball jackpots. I know it’s nowhere near the stratosphere Karl and others dwell in, but I was super proud of myself. Watching the IE pinball streams of GnR have really helped me grow a pair on not cashing out as well as some good pre-song strategy. This game is just the best! Also, had a nice glass of bourbon and the game cranked to 31 on the volume while playing. It’s such a thrill and the closest thing to a real rock n roll experience in a pinball machine.
[quoted image]

Excellent post. Congrats on the score and fun!

4 months later
#19316 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They should. They're a set.
The JJP blades are cheaper material than I expected they'd be. Stern's are thicker material and more durable. So temper your expectations if you've ever installed Stern blades.

IMO- Mirror blades are the way to go, but I certainly won’t fault the cool art blades. I’m an old dude (bad ears and eyes) and mine has pinstadiums, under cabinet/back box lighting,PinWoofer, and a bunch of mods. Congrats to you all getting your NIB games this month! I’ve had playfield issues that required the washer treatment- a great game that really opens up after practice and understanding the rules. Each song is essentially a unique wizard mode- brilliant. Scorbit challenges are fun too. The biggest problem you will have- carving out an hour or two in your busy day to really play this game! Hell, I’m retired and I don’t get to play it enough.

4 weeks later
#20289 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Supposed to prevent ’death-saves’ … but it doesn’t if you’re really pissed.

Works really well on my game.

3 months later
#21643 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Hosted a birthday party for my 6 year old. Girls loved it! Adults too
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that party was CRAZY! Game withstood multiple tiny hands dipped in cake and pizza. Kids loved the light show. Call outs and sound tempered for the clientele. I did not get to play.☹️

9 months later
#24780 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I like the low profile better definitely but the previous I didn't notice or mind either. There is definitely a different appearance. The light saturation on the new ones is cleaner and more even, if that makes sense. I think having both versions makes the improvement noticable. The first version that I'm selling is a stellar upgrade. The atoms are definitely an upgrade from those in both light quality, light saturation but a downgrade price, at $649 plus tax... I only got them because Scott said I could return them for a full refund if I didn't feel they were a good upgrade. I think they were and I'm keeping them, but if I didn't have that comparison I'd be completely happy with the original set. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the way they integrate with the lights is a little different as well. I like it better. There's three different led strips on the originals and there's only two on the Atom, So at first I thought wow I'm paying more for less? But as I understand it the UV in the original set got designed out in favor of the new Atom LED design, and low profile capability, and after playing with the new Atoms, I am in favor of this approach and I'm keeping them.
So again if anybody wants my set of original concert edition pin stadiums They are available on the marketplace for a couple hundred bucks off what I paid for them. And about 300 bucks discount off the new ones.
Oh yeah you asked about the xeno mounts. I actually never use them On either version. The magnets hold to the side just fine and when I raise the playfield I just pull the lights off and set them in the middle of the playfield sometimes I use a towel to hold them there, and other times I just lift it in first position and then set them down in the cabinet vertically leaning against the back box and raise the playfield up. It's easy to do that and not a big deal, and I'm just not sure that xeno amounts are worth the effort Just to avoid that process.

Different opinion/experience. Use Pinstadiums on 25 of my games as I have old eyes. Xeno mounts are designed well and… they work! I really like them- I work on my tables quite a bit. Magnet strips use adhesive which breaks down with heating-pain in butt. Whenever I get ready for home league, I clean my tables and often have to reattach the Pinstadiums magnetic strips. If Xeno mounts were available for all games, I would buy ‘em.

Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 11,000.00
7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider granpadave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=granpadave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.