IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So for the most important question, has anybody inquired about playfield protectors?

I'm holding out for the drum stick protectors...

1 week later
#1029 3 years ago

Anyone know how to troubleshoot or adjust the new proximity sensors?

New LE here had the spinning disc sink after about 10mins if play and the lock locations on the upper playfield are not all registering. First one works but not second.

#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Reboot the game. Make sure you are on 1.05 (can download over WiFi) Put into switch test. Place a pinball over each sensor to verify they are working. Reboot the game. I believe the sensors auto calibrate upon each boot up.

Thx kermit. After the upgrade, the switch registered in test and seemed behaved from there onward.

The upgrade process was a little disconcerning over the number of reboots and it complaining it can't mount the drive... so wasn't quite sure if we were in a cyclic situation, but with some blind trust it all went fine.

Nice job JJP on the wireless... that went very well.

Bluetooth we failed on first attempt to connect it to the tesla near by.. but we didn't play much

#1094 3 years ago

Anyone know if the media during songs is from the concert screens? Or is made for the game? There is some crazy fun animations. The terminators during you could be mine... the TRON like animation etc.

The album mode for Chinese democracy is hilarious

#1484 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Micro said they now have more durable playfields, called Spectrum playfields

picard (resized).jpgpicard (resized).jpg

He said spectrum because it was a BALLY SPECTRUM playfield he was demoing on.

He said he's been working on the new formulation/process for about a year, and will be used on PFs going forward.. but he didn't give a date/point when the cutover really happened. Who knows when that process will make it into GNR builds...

#1645 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

didnt chris from kingpin post his playfield was signed "slash 2019" ?

Was just the magnetic apron card

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Using a splitter, doesnt that change the impedance?
Wouldnt that be potentially harmfull to the soundcard/device on the game?

No. Line outputs like that are already high impedance... this isn’t the amplified speaker outputs

#1873 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think his question was, Can you Play several games on the same sub meaning simultaneously. Don’t think that can be done.

It’s just bass... you don’t really notice the mash up of sound when being used simultaneously

#1911 3 years ago

We hooked up a sound bar on a LE yesterday... I don't understand the fascination with this. This was the Bose one that fits well on top of the head.

If you hook it up downstream of the attenuator or whatever that is between the PC and the speaker box... it barely has any volume. If you hook it up in front of the little black box... volume is there, but IMO doesn't really help. If anything the whole thing gets too 'bright' and really didn't sound any better than just the speakerbox by itself IMO. I mean the base game fills out the game experience plenty. I guess YMMV

We also looked at the posts... pretty much every skinny post on the game has some level of impact in the clear. It's not restricted to slings, or high impact areas. On this game it's not rippling around the posts, but it looks like the clear is simply delaminating and ghosting around the posts. Nothing of large area at this point, but the change in the clear is evident.

IMG_0296 (resized).jpgIMG_0296 (resized).jpgIMG_0297 (resized).jpgIMG_0297 (resized).jpgIMG_0298 (resized).jpgIMG_0298 (resized).jpgIMG_0299 (resized).jpgIMG_0299 (resized).jpg
#1918 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi,
I have a couple of questions if you don't mind....
- Is this a "Prototype pin"
- The Bose Sound Bar was it the one in the attached link, this is the one I'm looking at getting.
- Not sure how you connected this but did you put the splitter in the green soundcard port then have the head unit speaker + sound bar connected to the splitter?
Was it still poor with those connections?
The Bose units claims to have a built in Amp but I guess the system may benefit from putting an inline amp between the splitter + the sound bar as in the attached to boost the sound to the Bose Sound Bar.

I believe the model was the Solo 5 - https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/home_theater/bose-solo-5-tv-sound-system.html#v=solo_5_black

The wiring is there is a 3.5mm jack out of the PC, to an inline module, to the speaker box (where presumably the audio amp for the speakers is). Someone mentioned the inline module was a ground isolator, but all I know is if we plugged in downstream of it, the soundbar could not get loud at all, plugging in ahead of it got volume you'd expect from a small speaker.

so we basically had PC -> splitter -> one path to soundbar, one path to factory path.. module to speaker box. The soundbar on its own was INFERIOR to the JJP speaker setup.

The bose solo 5 also has a very weak power input jack.. the cable easily wiggled out and the factory wire didn't look long enough to reach the service outlet. While it has rubber feet that felt snug on top of the cabinet, the shaker motor seems to be able to move it around. So you'd have to actually secure it with velcro or a bracket.

I just don't see any reason to add the soundbar - the game is plenty loud on its own and sounds very good. Those adding a sub.. ok, for different effect.. but I think the soundbar is a waste IMO.

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Thank you, that was very helpful
I think the newer model Bose I have linked has a built in amp, this is the only thing I could pull from the Bose website though:
I may still go with the newer model Bose and if crap, buy an inline amp.[quoted image]

All the TV sound bars have an amp... they are self powered speakers driven by a digital or line-input.

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It will be interesting to see how JJP is connecting the CE topper/speakers, and whether or not theres additional software settings?

Well their speakerbar is also the base for their cabinet lighting, etc.. so they have hardware in there it would be easy to do things like a crossover, etc if they cared to.

I just don't think its needed at all.. and this recent experience just reaffirmed that belief. Especially after we had the game indoors this time (vs in a garage before). The game filled the garage with sound on its own. At like volume 40 indoors the game is intolerably loud on its own. Fidelity doesn't come across as a problem at all. But maybe we missed something... or my ears just suck that bad. I'd say save your money.

1 week later
#2487 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Now with that said I have to ask (as an acknowledged crappy player) is it just me or is hitting that virtually 5" wide left ramp (JK) almost impossible? Why am I having such a hard time on that one

Back hand it... shooting from the right can lead to risky ricochets. Backhand is quiet safe and reliable.. so try to get back to left flipper.

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

wow, that's pretty good mileage...my Jurassic Park Stern reds and the replacements i got from PB life and Marco all lasted about 100 games before coming apart, I just switched to black rubbers and called it a day, On GnR I'll probably use red Titans though

100 games? That's terrible. On location that wouldn't last one day. No, that is not 'normal for red rubber'. A game at an extended hours weekend show can get over 1000 plays. Tournament games over a several day event will get 600+. You don't see people changing all the rubber 5 times mid-tournament on game

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good luck getting it to the upper playfield on stock flipper settings though. Haha

We didn't have a problem, but I admit we didn't settle on the backhand as the safer shot until after we moved the flipper settings up one notch.

I also think the clarity and ball path/stuff under the ramp makes the ramp harder to see/discern in your peripheral vision so it impacts your aiming. The ramp entrance seems to 'disappear' from my observations. Not sure exactly what is different to pin it on.. but it's hard to see!

#2504 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This really isn't a debate - if you like the way the red rubbers play, buy spares and keep them on hand. If you want them to last longer, put Titans on.

You are right... this isn't a debate. Rubber on these games is not lasting like red rubber on other games. Yes you can swap out the product, but whatever they are using is subpar for the industry.

#2512 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

I spoke with JJP support they did say they have a batch of defective rubbers. They are sending full replacements.

I think they are blowing smoke.

I saw early wear on both the translucent rings and on the flipper rubber. It's not like those two things are made the same or from similar batches.

#2538 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So to clarify. I am able to backhand the left ramp I was questioning the ability to backhand that ramp to actually hit the lock? It will go up the ramp but not far enough currently to award a lock.

That's why there is a flipper up there

When it makes it all the way in one shot... bonus.

#2595 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Totally an opinion based on the past. I know Eric mentioned wanting to put simple rum bottles on the Pirates game and got shot down. Seeing the CE sign converted to flippers vs guns I made an opinion. No worries Matt provided a great solution.

Story 1 includes The Walt Disney Company...
Story 2 includes Slash

Think there might be some differences in the views of who vetos such things?

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is that the average price of a new game on location? I've always seen $2.00, but maybe thats just a local thing?

That's your California living tax

$1 is still common around here on east coast.

#2597 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Rather impressed with all the side Album modes in this game. Whoever did the animations on these Bravo! Haven't done "shall we play a game" mode yet but that is my evening goal anyway lol.

It's the best..

Have they finished all the album modes yet? 1.07 still had an empty one didn't it?

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Which rubbers are you going to use on your GNR?

What do you care?

I have trays of the stuff.

#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Correction, Nor Cal living tax :LOL: best place for location in so cal is $.50 to $1. Shout out to AYCE GOGI.

We have a similar donor here... All games $0.50, even the newest games... Mom's Organic Market

#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Well people are complaining about the rubbers wearing out quickly which you have mentioned several times so I figured I would ask you which ones are you going to use on YOUR GNR!

Any red rubber NOT from JJP or Pinball Life.. Just swap it out and forget it.

I don't bother even looking up the old suppliers because its the kind of stuff you have coming out of your ears. I would think someone who has done as much work as you would too... Are the Happ, or WICO.. who knows anymore. It's not like the retailers advertise their source anymore.

#2633 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Were you lucky enough to get a CE or are you getting a LE?

Buddy already has a LE and has for weeks and another one is on the way within the circle - but thanks for your concern!!

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Numbers don’t lie - real quotes, not generalizations are needed to discuss viability.

Agree - yet you start out by slamming companies with no data behind your claims.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.