IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipper_ripper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5446 3 years ago

Hey guys, I heard GNRs cabinet on the LE is almost semi Radcal-ish. It’s like it has a protective coating/shine to it. Is this true? Do we need flipper protectors or is this new decal tech anti-wear? Thoughts?

#5518 3 years ago

I really hope JJP honors prices of those who preordered. It’s not fair that I ordered on day 1 and left a $1000 deposit, and ppl that ordered it a couple days later already received their machine and some have even flipped it and sold it already. Here I am waiting and waiting like many others and our reward for waiting is to pay an extra $1000? What happened to the machine in 4 months that makes it worth $1000 extra? For the extra $1000 it better come with the sparkle playfield, otherwise I’m sorry JJP I’m out and will never purchase a JJP again.

3 months later
#9832 2 years ago

Hmmm with the way JJP is handling it, and how often it’s happening, I believe a class action lawsuit should be in the works. Unfortunately, it’s the only way these companies will listen. The other option is people stop buying machines but seems like that ship has sailed.

#10049 2 years ago

Hey guys, so I have been talking to a few people and spoke with a couple lawyers, and one that specializes in class action suits. He’s willing to take it on, and says we have a solid case. I told him good, to know and I’ll sleep on it before going through with it. It actually costs me nothing in fees and I get “finders fee” for starting the suit. So no risk to me. I don’t want to see JJP go through this, but may have no other option. They obviously do not want to make it right. I’ll give them some time to make a public statement about how they are going to make it right. Otherwise, if they don’t care, then I don’t care either. And for the JJP apologists, I don’t care that the lawyers will make millions. It’s either JJP makes millions and rips us off, or lawyers make millions and at least we get something in return. Either way customers have messed up playfield so no difference to them. JJP has had plenty of opportunities to make this right, and washers are not the answer. Ball is in your court JJP.

#10222 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I assume the warranty won’t transfer, so this individual that buys it is screwed...and I won’t do that to anyone else.

This is exactly why JJP won’t let you off the hook. They want you to sell it so it has no warranty and it’s one less machine to deal with. JJP has really turned into Jersey Jackasses. Even the $1000 increase seems like a calculated move so that current GnR owners would not take the buy back program because it would cost them $1000 more now to replace their machine with a new one, making the buy back less attractive. Seems like Jersey Jack is spending more time and effort screwing customers than attempting to fix playfields. Unbelievable, unacceptable and unforgivable. I use to be a fanboy of JJP, but they just dug their own grave.

#10568 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Sounds good in theory but I think you're raising components way too high at that point by using a double washer... I'd be worried about changing the shot geometry at that point too much

Some problematic posts the height wouldn’t matter. Post on guitar lock, posts near pop bumpers, and post near out lane. All those posts are just metal posts with no rubber on them. So it shouldn’t do anything to game play.

#10571 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

There shouldn't be any posts near the pop bumpers that don't have bumpers on them which ones do you mean?
Agreed on the bare metal posts but they're far outnumbered by the ones that have rubber

Sorry you are correct. I was talking about the two beside the “backstage”, I had to check, I could have sworn they had no rubbers. Also, why are those posts even there?? I feel like take them out completely.

1 month later
#12277 2 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

...they forgot to mention they are made by PinGraffix ...
Buy with confidence!

Will you guys be making a different style art blade for this machine or is this it for GnR?

2 months later
#15791 2 years ago

Is it possible to install Cliffy scoop protector without taking off the upper playfield?

I saw someone post how they added a washer without removing the upper playfield and looks like I can get a screwdriver to both screws on the scoop hood without taking anything else apart. Thoughts?

2 weeks later
#16491 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Lower your flippers a tad and you will be nailing that ramp instead of clunking it off the targets

Is there a video or guide on how to do this? I also hit that target all the time and SDTM. I noticed my flipper from factory was a bit higher than most pins.

#16585 2 years ago

Anyone else automatically change the song when Coma appears? I hate the objective of that song. My eye is on the third flipper the whole time trying to hit that coma target and then other balls seem to get in the way. Too frustrating to play that song. Any other songs people avoid? And is Coma one of them?

1 week later
#17033 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I got my stadium topper from PinGraffix this week and I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY how cool this topper is. It looks fantastic in person… It has exceeded my expectations. I was concerned that it was going to be too much light all the time and it is perfect, it connects to the light board under the playfield and it syncs up to the lights perfectly on the playfield. It is really well made and it took me only about 10-15 minutes to install. If your on the fence about this topper I totally recommend it… beats a lit piece of acrylic on the top… HOME RUN. My basement has low ceilings and it fit fantastically best thing I added to my Guns N Roses machine!

[quoted image]

Man love the tour poster art. Where did you get it come?

#17274 2 years ago

I have a few questions about the game

1. How does one earn extra ball?
2. What are these random pitches that show up like Antlers, Duffs bass strap and what do that do and how did I unlock them?
3. Anyone ever collect all the roses? If so what happens?
4. So pyro you hit the button, but what do you do with amp, throw the lights and make some noise? I know one of them I hit the scoop to collect the jackpot not sure which multibooster that is as I usually have all 4 going at the same time. Anyone shed some light on how to cash out booster multiballs?
5. How does one get the tour multiball?
6. Anyone’s flippers come angels a bit up from factory and set them straight along the guide? I find hitting the left ramp and orbit with the right flipper a bit challlenging
7. What approach do you guys have for crowd multiball? Can’t seem to hit that under flipper shot. Tips?
8. What does the JAM outline do when you light up all the letters in JAM?
9. Anyone know what the FOG switch does?

Also Keefer it would be nice if we could have a setting where we can change the applause jackpot. Like we don’t have to get it in the scoop during those last seconds to collect the jackpot. If you made it through the whole song you should get all the points you collected. I was super pissed to build up a song with all the multiballs etc and then finish the song only to have it stuck in the pop area at the end and not even getting a chance to shoot it in the scoop. Again this was a design flaw that catches the ball in the bumper and you have to tilt or wait until the search goes off. So having the option in the menu to collect all points after song is completed would be nice and then maybe applause jackpot would be worth another 2 mill and change at an encore. Just a thought.

#17276 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to challenge someone on Scorbit? I searched and searched all weekend and can’t find any way to challenge any of my friends.

#17389 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's been mentioned before, but I hope pinball_keefer puts a pop bumper kill command like he did for WoZ in GnR. I had a 27 million jackpot pissed away just now because the ball was involved in the pops from before jackpot timer was called until the song ended. It was ridiculous. A two flipper temporary kill of the pops like he did on WoZ would have been perfect.
But for this one, RIP 27 Million jackpot. The pops did it.

Yes I mentioned that in my previous post. Same thing happened to me. Would love to have a setting where you can turn off applause jackpot and if you survive the whole song you automatically collect the jackpot and applause gets you a bonus or access to the encore.

#17588 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I did not have to remove the ramp to install it.

I managed to install it without removing the ramp. It’s tight and difficult but got it. I also added the o-ring in the post after. I notice most people leave the oring off

#17591 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I never thought to put the ring back on. Might not be a bad idea since the bare posts seem to result in the most pooling issues. Can the ball still get stuck if the ring is there though?

Hasn’t got stuck yet. I’ll post here if it ever does.

#17596 2 years ago

Adding a patch for automatic applause jackpot collecting would be a dream!! Come on Keefer. Make it happen!!

#17599 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. I like the tension of having to make the shot in a set short amount of time.
That said, I would appreciate a 1 second grace period.

That’s the beauty of the patch. You like the tension? Don’t collect it, collect another patch that speaks to you and you still maintain that tension you thrive for. Everybody wins!

#17621 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Problem is, when things get hectic, sometimes I get two patches in a row without having time to change to the next one I want, so I can see a situation were I end up getting this patch and not wanting it, especially if it's next to one I frequently DO want.

Fair point fair point. How about this? A patch that automatically collects jackpot and can only be activated when applause jackpot is lit and you press the action button. Also this patch can only be used once.

#17668 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Gotta give props to both Cointaker and JJP. I received my machine October 18th. two days later I noticed what I would call a small scratch on the cabinet. The "scratch'" wasn't all way through the decal but though part of the top layer of clear film. Sent Cointaker following email........
Good morning Ma'am, I have attached two photos to this email. I am not overly concerned with it but just want to make you aware and maybe you can tell someone at JJP. Yesterday I notice a scratch on the left side of the pin about 1/4” wide and 18” long. This scratch isn’t all the way through the decal but through the protective plastic coating over decal if that makes sense. Though maybe it was something I did and didn’t realize it but looked through pics of when it was first taken outta the box and you can kinda see it. There was zero damage to to box, therefore I have come to the scientific conclusion it happened before it was put in the box. I am certainly not gonna loose any sleep over it. This is more of an FYI and I don’t want a new pin or JJP to pay off my mortgage cause there’s a scratch on the machine (I have noticed that some pinball owners are over the top). In passing If you could so kindly let someone at JJP know, that way they are at least aware of it. BTW still digging this awesome pin. Thanks and have a good day.........
I do get that some people would be upset and to each their own, but the scratch makes no difference to me. Was not expecting anything or for that fact even a reply. However, out of nowhere, today I got a new side cabinet decal in the mail. This pin is gonna be with me for the long haul so almost zero chance I will monkey around trying to put the new decal on but in my opinion that was cool AF for JJP to send me a new decal without asking. Some might say JJP should automatically have done that and again to each their own. To me it's a toy/ pass time and I plan on playing the snot outta it, and not wiping it down with a diaper.
BTW hit 74 million Sunday night and woke up the entire house.

Must be nice. JJP completely botched my front and side cabinet decal install with bunch of air bubbles. Complained day 1 and still have no decals. Maybe next time I should order from Cointaker.

#17735 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Heh very true!
The two things I'm most sick of reading are the fruitless "bulletproofing" threads, and the Too Many Multiballs (TMM) whiners.

The worst are hypocrites that say they are perfectionists, and then constantly whine when others try to have a near perfect playfields that they paid for.

#17798 2 years ago

You know what mod this game needs? A guitar pedal as the action button. It’s a rock pin and would be so much easier to hit the pyro by having a foot pedal as an action button. Saw someone do it in the Godzilla thread and would be cool for GnR. Surprised Slash being a guitarist didn’t think of this!

2 weeks later
#18393 2 years ago

Who makes the decals for GnR? It is also just as flawed as the playfields, and I know Mirco does decals too. Is Mirco just a shit show?

Does anyone else make radcals. Would love to replace my GnR LE decals with radcals as JJP can’t get their shit right with decals.

#18395 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nope decals are done nicely.....radcals on my CE were badass, but I doubt u can purchase....I don't think they make radcals for the LE?

A lot of machines have defective decals both LE and SE. Bought new ones from JJP and they were defective before installing and sent those back as well. Went to my distributor and he said the floor model is fine. Then I pointed out the defects on the floor model GnR and he was shocked. Seems like the decals are delaminating. If Mirco does make the decals they should just close up shop or ppl should just boycott JJP until they drop their asses. Defective decals and playfields is unacceptable.

#18414 2 years ago

This game kills me. One day I’ll get 22 million just playing one song. Today I play 3 songs and two album modes and my score was 1.4 million.

#18416 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Are you:
- Working the booster MB jackpots pre-song?
- Selecting patches that help you get band frenzy? (Fender, Vader, Gibson, Skull?)
- Shooting the active band members to get band frenzy going?
- Feeding balls into the spinner/pops during band frenzy to blow up the jackpot?

Oh yah, but all those things didn’t matter if I couldn’t hit applause jackpot or didnt cash out song. All good. Some days game kicks me ass. Not a bad thing. Only thing I didn’t know about was pops and spinner during band frenzy. Thanks for the tip.

#18426 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Careful, i got a moderation notice for calling someone princess the other day.

Lol I love people calling others princess and snowflakes on a forum dedicated to the manly sport of pinball. The fact you guys use these terms tells me more about you than the people you direct them at.

2 weeks later
#18830 2 years ago

I need help with my spotlights. So my left spotlight wasn’t moving left to right, so I ordered a servo, installed it, and still didn’t work after installing it. I switched wires and left and right motion started to work but the up and down doesn’t work now. So I figured maybe wiring problem. Was under the hood and wiggled a bunch of wires and after doing that and making sure things were seated, it actually all worked for like 20 games. Now it doesn’t go left to right nor up and down. Anyone have any ideas what’s going on? I don’t think it’s servos. Is this a board problem? I think some of the connections are behind a metal cover on the back of the playfield. Am I correct? Do I need to look there?

#18895 2 years ago

Question: when you hit the mystery scoop do you guys already know what the award is before the whole revolver animation. For example if it’s award patch it already makes the patch collected sound before the whole gun shooting your reward. Same thing if it’s light song it will start the song audio before the gun goes through the whole animation. Does this happen to everyone’s machine?

#18946 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys i had a rubber break off. Does anyone have a rubber list for GNR LE. Also in the meantime i have a slightly bigger rubber i can use for the meantime. My next question is does the whole guitar neck have to come off to be able to put the rubber on?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yah just did mine, it busted too. I put the same size ring JJP had, but in hindsight I would go a bit loose as that ring is super tight and also causing pooling under those posts because of the constant tension. While I was there I placed some petg washers. It’s a big process to change a rubber but it is what it is.

Also the amp mod is super cool. They hate us cause they ain’t us.

#19101 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Buy replacement playfields and enjoy the game.

“Playfields”? Lol I love that even you don’t hide the fact JJP playfields are shit, that you need to purchase multiple. Plus I know most ppl in this site are super comfortable swapping out their playfields.

#19202 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you know Frank Ferrer uses Sabian, not Zildjian?

Did you know you’re wrong? Frank has used both Sabina and Zildjian in the Not in this Lifetime Tour. Also previous GnR drummers like Matt Sorum and Steven Adler were also known to use Zildjian.

1 month later
#20451 2 years ago

Why are screws always coming off on this pin? Is this normal for pins to have new screws show up in the cab biweekly? I have a small collection and GnR is the only machine I work on weekly. It’s quite annoying and makes ownership much less enjoyable.

My concern is if it’s normal after almost a year of ownership to have screws still coming off? I had coil stop screws come off, spot light screws and brackets snap off, railing screws, coil screws, circuit board screws all fall off in the past. Is this normal and expected or abnormal?

3 weeks later
#20849 2 years ago

Had a bit of a software glitch today. Coma was lit and I drained in the coma Outland while it was lit green and no coma mode. Then next ball coma is still lit and once again I ended up draining through the coma Outlane and no coma mode again just drained ball. It did make the sound it usually makes when hitting that coma switch so I know the switch was triggered.

6 months later
#23117 1 year ago

Does the new rumored code update show the song value before starting the song? I think that would be a huge game changer and help us better understand what makes the song value rise, and give us some more transparency when playing.

#23166 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I ordered one but then it looked like a PITA to install (you have to take off the auto plunge mech) so I gave up on it for my GNR.

Really? Was going to purchase this, but if that's the case then I'm out.

1 week later
1 month later
#23780 1 year ago

For everyone that has installed these precision flippers, can you leave an honest review? Is it worth it? Do you really notice a difference and what is that difference if you do notice it. Really curious to hear from people that installed these. I'm not looking for cosmetics on these, looking for function. Also anyone just install the bushings? If so how did you find it?

2 months later
#24606 1 year ago

After watching Godfather stream, I appricate my GnR even more. GnR just makes you rock out, and it evokes emotion from you. Modes in GnR are exciting, like Coma ball lock save, album modes, songs, wizard mode. I was falling asleep to Godfather after 5 minutes of watching it and all the modes just seemed the same. Also feel like rainbow lights don't suit the Godfather theme. Love all the cool shots in Godfather and art, but overall, super happy with GnR. No Regrets. I feel like GnR is/was a special pin.

#24647 1 year ago

Jersey Jack cutting costs again? SHOCKED!

#24743 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

*This is based on absolutely no facts at all, I completely made this up.
The reason JJP hasn't had any significant code updates and cut ties with Scorbit is because they were completely overhauling the OS. The update will provide a more classic feel to the flippers and slings for all JJP games, along with a new achievement system that doesn't require a phone and will offer some cool tournament options if you own more than one JJP game.
A man can dream, right? I heard that GF plays a lot faster than the previous titles. I'm really hoping they figured something out. Sure, you can dial them in with fans and settings to get them better, but it should be great out of the box. Almost every JJP I've played on location has played like trash.

Or.....get this. JJP is a greedy company that lost all sight of what their mission was. When JJP first came out, their motto was more pinball for your buck, and used Stern's barren playfields and high prices to leverage their company. Now it's more barren for more buck. They are slowly removing things that made JJP magical, while increasing price at sky rocket pace. GNR came out at $9500 which was already an increase and during production raised the priace to 11k. Then Toy Story came out with aliexpress cake toppers for 12k.

Fast foward to now, we have less warranty with JJP than ever before, and we have our first JJP with no secondary LCD screen. First JJP LE with no powder coat trim. First LE (if memory serves me well) with removed sculpts and modified sculpts. And now we have the removale of Scorbit.

I'm sorry, but with the pattern of JJP removing more and more in games and increasing prices in games, I don't see them caring about customers and finishing any kind of code because they already have their money.

Furthermore, proof they could care less about customers is the whole GnR playfield issues where somehow, it was thousands of owners fault the playfields were all simuatniously flaking, placing the blame on consumers. JJP is not the same company and it's nice to be hopeful, but trends suggest this is another cost cutting, stripping down of games.

#24747 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry to hear when GNR owners are drowning in negativity towards GNR. I play my GNR all the time since Nov 2022, and love it. Never leaving. These negative posts are never original, and on pinside they ebb and flow like the tide. Hope those people find their way back to discovering what they loved about it day 1 during the first 100 plays... something changed - it wasn't the game.

If you're referring to me, I didn't say anything negative about GnR. I actually own it, bolted to the ground and love every minute of it. However, it is the last JJP machine I'll ever buy due to JJPs greed, continued price increases, decrease magic under the glass since GnR, and poor customer service along with smug personalities of those that are in charge there. So instead of downvoting and throwing shade, you should focus on some reading comprehesion.

#24751 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Replace GnR with other pins, and I don't want to start a JJP vs XXX here so I'll not name a specific manufacturer(s), but man... you point above applies pretty broadly outside JJP.
1. price increase increases? check. 20k anyone?
2. decrease in "magic under the PF", look at games X Y Z
3. Customer service? A buddy has been waiting a 1+ for a new UNPOPULATED PF because the one on his new XXX has crappy clear
So hate on JJP if you want, but hate equally.

In reality ---
1. Pinball is truly insanely priced
2. Pinball doesn't offer the quality the average person outside the hobby would expect for the price
This applies pretty equality across all manufacturers

100%, this is why I'm out on NIB since GnR and no intention of going back to NIB, for all those reasons. JJP was one of the few manufactures I had hope in because they had a vision I agreed with at the beginning and since lost focus and fell in line with everyone else, so they are just as bad, if not worse than the other companies they critizes. I feel since the success of GnR, they went to "the dark side". What grinds my gears more with JJP is that just as recent as a few months ago, they kept shooting insults at other manufactors, it was two designers and Jack himself, being all high and mighty and smug and insulting other manufactors, this is also after insulting their customer base. They are just as bad or worse than the ones they are insulting.

BTW big price increases were a trend started by JJP, they started the trend of increasing by the thousands annually after GnRs initial release. Other manufactors took note and followed the trend to see how much they can get away with.

My last hope now is that American Pinball stays true and doesn't go all sky rocket with their new pin. It is original IP, which I love, and AP treats their customers right and build quality, so I hope they don't lose sight either. We will see soon.

Anyways, I hate when things go off topic, so back on topic. GnR is still the greatest band pin of all time and will be hard to even come close. It's a special pin because all the assets were given and creativity ran wild. Love the pin, love everything about it! I may even purchase another one in the future if prices keep going down on them.

7 months later
#26562 6 months ago

Does the special badge do anything yet with new code? Like earning the badge and draining in the right outlane means extra ball like it was designed to do? Or still no?

#26650 5 months ago

Sorry to ask this question again. I don't think it got answered the first time. Can anyone tell me if the "Special Patch" does anything yet with the new update?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipper_ripper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=flipper_ripper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.