IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21508 1 year ago

I’m having issues with my Center Scoop kicking the ball out STDM, where is it supposed to feed to?

The left or right flipper?

7 months later
#23958 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i tried washers, and turning the scoop and none of that consistently worked for me. i used pliers and added some twist to my scoop and works perfectly every time now. i aimed it so it just reaches the tip of the flipper so if you are not paying attention it will drain. i didnt want it hitting the middle of the flipper.

This solved it for me too...Was driving me crazy, now I'm playing this pin all the time...Super addictive!!

#23959 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree. Stern designed Insider Connected from the ground up, it’s intended just for them and the quality shows. Scorebit while neat just isn’t on the same level of integration and quality IMO.

Agreed, Scorbit blows...Stern insider is awesome

2 weeks later
#24177 1 year ago

I'm not running the beta code and I love this pin; it's so deep; really impressive

2 weeks later
#24301 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

My other games still get played but there hasn't been one guest who hasn't thought GNR was still one of the best or coolest games they've ever seen or played. A lot of times I wonder if I'll even get a turn to play it when I have people over and they keep it occupied. It definitely seems to be one of the most polarizing games of all time.
Just cleaned and waxed mine again earlier this week. No issues to report, except my record spinner finally came loose again.

I have all the new games and GNR is the one guests play the most

I find it amazing, it’s quickly moved into my top 3 of all time of pins I’ve owned. It’s just incredible l, super deep, fun every time I play it. I just love it

1 week later
#24401 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I own Rush and I have played GNR, two versions (not CE). I would not say Rush is a very fast paced game but I would say GNR is a little on the slow side.
I'm interested in getting a GNR but I'm worried about the rules. I'm a big rules guy when it comes to pinball and in that department, Rush is amazing. I'm not sure the same can be said about GNR because that seems to be the main complaint when people start to criticizes it. This what has me wondering if buying one is a good move because I would probably part ways with Rush in order to obtain one.

The rules on GnR are awesome in my opinion...Simple play if you want, or super duper deep if you want to get into the patches

#24405 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just waiting for the public code update to drop. How long can an update be in beta for? I love JJP games but why on Earth is it taking years for code updates to now drop?

Just play the beta; it's new code...

#24406 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That's sorta how POTC. On the outside it's fairly simple but if you dive deeper, the rules are super complex!

Wonka was like that too, super deep below the surface...I wish they would re-run POTC, I really want to get one, but current prices are just too much for me to justify.

2 weeks later
#24578 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

100% agreed. Same here. Over 2+ years and still rocking this bad boy!!!

This game kicks ass, I've owned over 20 pins in my life, this one is top 2 for me all time.

#24580 1 year ago

No, 1 is my avatar...T2 Nothing beats it for me in terms of pure adrenaline and capturing a magical time for arcades...

I own GZ Prem, it's not even in my top 5...Ball times are too long, too easy...My son loves it, but I just cannot get there with it, was the same for me and JP

Something about GnR always pulls me in, it's so deep, but so simple too; special game for me

#24582 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's why I guessed gz since it was in your collection... T2 isn't! I agree on GNR. I've been playing Rush and it's been creating distance with GNR but when I get back and play, is definitely special.

I know, I sold T2 towards a SW Prem years ago...I regret it...Limited space wah...One day I'll get it back

#24592 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Are you trying to sell your gz for T2 or FF?

Need to move GZ to make room for GF now; I really want GF...I can only imagine if it's nearly as good as GNR, and will be like the perfect compliment to it

#24593 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

dsmoke1986 I like to hear this- I am officially joining the club Friday- looking forward to it

You are going to love it...I am a huge GnR fan, so the theme was an A+ for me.

My advice: Just give the pin time, let it marinate...It's hard to explain, but the risk/reward is so fun, however it's the only pin where if I miss out on a huge jackpot, I get pissed, but in a good way, I know what I did wrong, and it's my fault, not the pins.

It's such a relaxing game to play for me, but also a blood pumping pin...So unique, I have never had a pin quite like it, and I've owned a lot of them over the last 10 years.

#24618 1 year ago

GF looks good, I’m leaning towards getting a TS4 now though, then GF later. Prices have come down on TS4 and will continue to as these new pins hit the market

2 weeks later
#24989 1 year ago

You guys that are good with the code.

What are the go to patches in this game for best scoring strategy?

Give me must have first two and let's open this bad boy up.

9 months later
#27273 3 months ago
Quoted from FourFourTwo:

Please help this newbie[quoted image]... Purchased new in box GnRLE (#3461) now 4 weeks old, auto-plunger fires repeatedly 2-6 times (without a ball ejected into in the lane) after every manual plunge. This occurred beginning with upgrade to 2.0 software 2 weeks ago. I've been exchanging emails with JJP customer service for 2 weeks on solutions. Original boards were 120. JJP has sent out 4 new boards (playfield controller board, shoot lane board, LP Area board, and Guitar head board) to upgrade the machine to 130. These are installed, and LED/PFC is now 130. At request of JJP, I've performed multiple sensor tests, manual sensor recalibrations, matrix switch tests, manual switch tests with a ball, trough test with all 6 balls. The 15 sensors seem to be steady without drifting and appear to be normal on the matrix. None of this has fixed the auto-plunger issue.
The last response I got from JJP: "The only time a coil will fire is if a playfield switch tells the computer to fire the coil. If the auto-launch is still firing on its own, there must still be a switch activating somewhere. If no switches are showing activating in matrix switch test, then the coil shouldn't be firing".
While this response makes technical sense, I can't find a related sensor out of wack to fix. Any suggestions?
Brian with JJP has been very responsive via email, but we seem to be at an impasse. I ask him to call me after his last response, but he did not. Does JJP have a policy of not call customers to discuss problems? The pin was purchased from an authorized distributer, so getting them involved will be my next step. I understand pins take maintenance, but this is ridiculous from a brand new machine.
-Matt
[quoted image]

Yeah, that's not good...I would get your distro involved...I have had issues over the years with JJP pins, have owned Wonka, GnRLE and TS4CE, and support has been through email now that you mention it...They are usually really helpful though.

That sucks you've had these issues, GnR is an awesome pin once it's dialed in...I would contact your Distro asap and get them involved, that's what they are there for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=dsmoke1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.