IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dschulpius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8271 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Couple of quick questions.
And is the girls voice in the game callouts Melissa from the band or a voice actor?

Unless I misunderstood, I saw a video of an interview with the game developers of GNR that the girl's voice on the callouts is actually a band member.

2 months later
#12032 2 years ago

I've had a LE on order since Jan 31 through a FL dealer. Has anyone heard if these will be built and shipped anytime soon? I do have a email into the dealer I bought through. However you guys seem to know the latest.

I've searched through this thread but there are sooooo many posts.

#12034 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

I think it will really come down to what your distro says, as it doesn't seem like communication/expectations set by JJP is any good. I am a mid Oct order through FlipNOut, which Zach said maybe end of July the last time I bugged him, if that helps any.

Thanks brother! I'll just wait till I hear from the distro then. Last time I asked they said this past April.

2 months later
#14769 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Exact same situation on my machine! The scoop feed has slowly drifted toward the center. It still hits the tip of the left flipper, but needs attention soon.

I got my GNR a couple weeks ago. July Build Date.

I am having the exact same Center Scoop SDTM issue. First dozen games I didn't notice any of this but now it's SDTM each time the center scoop ejects.

I raised the flipper power only about 2 levels and now it's hitting just the tip of the left flipper (most of the time).

There seems to be no real solution other then try to get the scoop hood as left as possible and maybe stick a target foam on the right inside of the scoop hood. I still need to try that.

Has anyone had success in getting this scoop's eject to hit the left flipper?

This issue reminds me of my Star Trek 25 Annv's right eject scoop shooting the ball SDTM. I still havent found a way to fix that one. Ugh!

#14790 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

You must have some magical nut drivers. I wanted so much for mine to fit in there but I couldn’t make it happen. Been waiting for another reason to remove the upper pf before I tried adjusting my hood again.

Thanks guys for the center scoop adjustment tips. It'll be a couple days before I can try them. I'll report back!

Everyone of my friends who plays this pin absolutely loves it. At least until the ball shoots down directly between the flippers. How embarrassing and frustrating.

JJP didn't do a very good job of playtesting and adjusting my July '21 build date GNR. I had many adjustment I had to do.

One adjustment I haven't gotten to yet is the ball lunch gate. This gate is suppose to keep the ball from rolling back into the shooter lane. However about 3/4 of the time the ball sneeks back under it from the Skill Shot area. Ugh! I don't know if the gate is too high or it just bounces and lifts the gate a little and allows it through. The result is many relaunches of the same ball from the auto shooter from the shooter lane . Any ideas on this?

10 months later
#22303 1 year ago

Hi all. I have a question. I've got a GNR LE. Love it. While reading the differences between the Standard and the LE versions on JJP's website they feature and say that the LE has a "Gibson Headstock Upper Playfield with 6 Ball Lock". It looks like the Standard version has this also. If so what's the difference?

#22312 1 year ago

Hi everyone.

First I want to say thanks for the answers I got on my question about the differences on the PF between the Standard and LE pins. The pictures from MIKEPMCS really helped.

Second, I have another question. LOL.
on my LE GNR, when the ball ejects from the center scoop it goes to the tip of the left flipper. it's hard to catch before it goes SDTM and still sometimes it does. Frustrating. I have gone under the PF, loosened and moved the scoop as far as it will go pointing left. Before the adjustment it was shooting SDTM most of the time. Is there an easy fix to get it shooting more to the center of the flipper that I'm missing? Thanks for any ideas in advance.

#22314 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Search this topic, there's likely even a sticky on it. It's been asked and answered dozens of times.
Short version: washers under left side of scoop, foam right side of scoop, loosen and turn top eject piece to left, retighten.

Thanks! Will do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dschulpius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=dschulpius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.