pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4223 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Pink Floyd pin better have a 23 minute Echoes mode.

Awesome theme.

Every time ballsearch goes on, the sound system plays
Is there anybody out there?

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well, colored me genuinely concerned after seeing that gameplay preview of starting a song. I really hope there’s more to this game than multiball marathons all day. Where is the risk/reward in that? Don’t even get a chance to risk your jackpot and end the song ‘cause you’re too busy adding more balls to an endless multiball with a ball saver that never runs out. Hope there’s some good settings and adjustments to prevent this. Also, been a long work day for me so hoping I’m just missing the big picture.

Imo shots and mech/interaction is the most important. multiball balance can probably be easy to adjust during continous development.

#311 3 years ago

So for the most important question, has anybody inquired about playfield protectors?

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

How long do you think it takes 5,000 LE’s to sell out if ever!?!?

Depends on the feel and customer opinions start to come in.
Somewhere between 3months and never.

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So I'm making lemonade out of lemons. Burned on the CE (I will mention of it no more)...but...gave me the inspiration to rearrange my office/man cave and make room for the LE. Just so happens I think it's gonna fit in better in my office as a showpiece versus the gameroom, where I had planned the CE, with the color and brick artwork. Score. Best part is, the office is on the first floor!!! First pin I don't have to disassemble and carry up stairs. This actually turned out for the best in retrospect. (and yep, I'm OCD like that with the tape outline my curse )
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Going to be great, but i would have moved the guitars to the white wall next to the door and have the game squared against the brick wall.
Depends ofc of how close it will be to the door and if it will interfere with the passage.

Btw LE colours match your room better.

#641 3 years ago

I was going to order an LE when my gameroom is finished, should be around christmas.
After seeing sdtm initial review, im kind of worried the LE's will be sold out by then.

#724 3 years ago

Does it have some cool attract modes?
Seems to be made for a small club or when you have a party at home.
Someone walks by the machine and welcome to the jungle starts.

When i had dialed in, i got the feeling it reacted to someone walking by, doing a call out or such.

#916 3 years ago

Sorry i´ve asked this before, but didn´t get a reply.
Guess it was to early, and there was not enough experience.

How is the attract mode?
With all the assets, camera/sensor, great music and lights i think there is potential for the best attract mode ever.

Maybe seems odd to be concered about that aspect, but for me, a potential buy would go into a social party area of our home, it would really fit the bill if it was a show-stopper so to speak.

#1006 3 years ago

If someone is going for moving head topper, it might be worth to check out how the mini-moving heads ingame is controlled.
If it´s dmx, maybe you can parallel em with thoose, to have them synched.

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Toppers? Ideas....
https://neonfactory.com/productcategorie/entertainment-en/
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

If I was making a topper, i would go with a speakerbox and having The band members strand on top in the back of the speaker making the speaker look like a stage. Then have a spot on each bandmember with an andruino tapped into the playfield lighting for each member so their individual spot lighted, once you collected them.

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

So I put the it in the switch test and all the lock ball sensors work accept the left middle one. Also my stand up target in the upper playfield not registering anything either and that also comes up as an error when I turn my game on
It looks like connectors is in but it’s difficult to see and I can’t reach under neath with my fingers because there’s no room under there.
I fear I might have to disassemble and lift that upper playfield.

Dont worry, im sure you get it sorted and also jjp beeing able to help.
It's so annoying when new stuff Dont work, but it seems fixable.

#1480 3 years ago

That LE just looks stunning.
Absolutely stunning.

#1648 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

Did you need a 3.5mm splitter or is there an extra dedicated 3.5mm jack in the head for the soundbar?

Using a splitter, doesnt that change the impedance?
Wouldnt that be potentially harmfull to the soundcard/device on the game?

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My friend got his SE yesterday.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is so effing terrible, i almost cant Believe it.
How the **** can you mess something like that up for, what is it? Three years? Four?

I hope JJp lawyers are having a field day and if you want a mirco playfield, hurry up, something tells me that sorry excuse for a pf-producer, will not be around much longer.

As long as my garage which has an epoxi/polyurethane floor, where i frequently park cars with studded tires look brand new. I dont for a moment belive this is somewhat undoable. Redicoulus is what it is.

#1922 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So what is Stern doing with the Avengers issues?

I dont care one bit about stern and their playfields.

Only Three stern games i´m even mildly interested in.....
Lord of the rings
Simpson pinball party
Beatles

In that order.

#1943 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Are you getting GNR?

That was the plan. Allthough my wife is stern on no new pins until the gameroom is complete, wich is hopefully this spring.

1 week later
#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Optimal is 1:30 to 2:00 on average. I have given feedback suggesting an operator default. While I can remove posts and increase the pitch if I cannot get the game times lower

Must be the best way ever to deter people from getting into pinball.
Who would want to pay forty dollar an hour for simple amusements.

1 week later
#2876 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

In nearly three weeks (based on the timing of the Facebook photos lately of the LE's on the line) they have made only 30 more LE's??? That cant be right. If they are making 10 a week they are going to be on timing worse than The Big Lebowski! I cant believe that to be true. Even Spooky makes more than that!

Maybe they are checking/discarding playfields simultaneously?

#2877 3 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

We just received a 1 LE and 1 STD her in Denmark yesterday so games are being made.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow and congrats, will they be the last to europe in a while, due to the blockade?

#2924 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree, LE is the most cohesive art pkg.

I think all three are spectular, even if the standard stylewise seems abit of.

Right now i just hope eu lift the ban on pinball as soon as possible.

#3075 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea of what manufacturers do these days.
Prior to Williams closing. Manufacturers shipped over seas first. They would then arrive about the same time as ones in the USA with the delay in over sea shipping.
LTG : )

Depends of what you mean by overseas?
Europe is closed pinball-wise, due to trade wars. Distributors doesnt even sell new games, unless old games in stock.

#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It was either going to be 33 or 66 games , so I'm assuming 33 fit into a small container , maybe double in a big container or maybe two small containers .
I'm not sure , just spewing it was 33 not 66 .

A container is either 20 or 40 foot. What are the messurements of the short-sides of the box?

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It was funny today .
I rang a radio station trying to get Guns N Roses tickets , I got through but I didn't get the tickets .
I spoke to the host for a bit and I told her about the new gnr game , she Googled it and freaked out how expensive it was . I told her it was the best pinball machine ever made and how cool it was .
About an hour later my wife rang me and said I was currently on the radio .
It's the biggest station for tradies and people in our age group .
So GNR got a free plug . I wonder if they'll get a few extra sales .

Amazing.
Is there any link to hear this?

#3126 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If they can’t articulate every buyers place in line then they have a problem Internally.
They either don’t have a plan in place, they don’t have full faith and understanding in their supply chain and logistics or they don’t have enough staff or the right staff in that department to manage.

I dont get this.
For example, you have ten orders from vancouver, do you expect them to ship them one at a time?
It makes zero sense from an environmental or logistic view.

#3169 3 years ago

That looks silly good.
Theme integration is beyond.
Will it ever reach europe, and at what cost?

#3171 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Who gets the extra 25% tax?

Airbus and macron.

#3219 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you want to hear a stern fanboy talk total crap about GNR then watch this .
Everyone is more than entitled to have their own opinion and not to like a game .
But to hear the garbage he's spews , trying to put down the game is just ridiculous .
He also fails to mention that Turtles and Avengers have way more reported issues than GNR.
But as a stern fanboy , you would expect that .

I´m certainly fairly new to the pinball community, but it seems to me, the deeper you are into the commercial side, or the turnament side, the more stern fan-boyism. However he seems a resonable guy and since i havent played gnr, his points may be valid and ofc subjective.

On the whole pf issue thing, it´s really puzzling why jjp goes back to mirco again, and again, and again.

2 weeks later
#3919 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

New EU prices make an LE cost approx $15’620. The SE is a few dollars short of what the CE’s msrp price in the states was originally.
Good thing I couldn’t get a CE from them on launch day, and found a US Distributor with one the day after release. Otherwise I’d either be crying about it for years, or worse, cancelling my order. Wondering if everyone in Europe is just going to cough up the difference, or maybe some cancellations are taking place for the CE’s there? Mmm
[quoted image]

I´m not going to pay 25% extra to airbus.

Rather waiting hoping it will end, if it doesnt, i will talk with friends in norway, investigating whether it is possible to buy games as used from norway.

1 month later
#5805 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hope they sell through the entire run of 5000 LEs!

If they do that before europe opens up tax-wise, i sure hope they make a europe-special edition run.

3 months later
#9949 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Let's be realistic here...who would they switch to?
It's not like there are a ton of playfield manufacturers in the world.
I personally would love to see hardtops and call it done.

How long did it take PB to get a manufacturer for their new alien pf´s?
JJp has had five years to deal with this crap and are still using crapco and his defective shite manufacturing process.....

On a possible solution for current problems...
There really is none. It´s like jjp want to fail.

For any kind of saving process for theese games, maybe if you can get a pf-protector producer to do a protector for the whole playfield, so you get the protector acting like a washer, but that means a total reinstall on all that is on.

If JJp wanna even come close to doing good, they go to bader or some new experienced in protective coatings, with a bag of money asking them to do playfields and start shipping them.

Also ofc, never ever talk to crapco again.

#10061 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is a repeat of the POTC fiasco, once again with attention-seeking types threatening lawsuits.
This community is so toxic.

Me thinks mirco is what is toxic.

3 weeks later
#11164 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I wish I spoke this language.
It sounds smart and I appreciate the knowledge and right way to do something, but I don't know how to translate this and produce this result on my own.
I could definitely accomplish with a specific parts list (preferably Amazon) and a write up with steps and preferably pictures....
Even better is a fully made GnR mod kit that I can buy. Any takers? I bet this would fetch $150-$200 bucks easy for a kit and would sell a lot.

There is nothing to it. Just connect the digital in (solder or just use a connector on the wire)for the rail stripes to your under cabinet 2812 stripes. Add power.

1 month later
#12687 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I used rubber /silicone washers on my wonka and it has been ok for years now.. not a fan of the plastic washers for the most part as they can dig in and cause issues also. The rubber/silicone have some give to them when the posts move .

Any way you do it. The clear has to take the energy of the ball hitting the post.
If the clear is unable/crap, i dont think anything will save it over time.

The only way to sort this long time imo is one of two.....

1: Get a playfield protector with really narrow holes. This pretty much means the haggis solution. It also means that anybody want to do it, has to do the same work as a playfield swap. It will work by the whole playfield becoming a washer and totally making the current playfield only work as an underlay.

2. Relocate the stress to the underside of the playfield with a nut that passes thru and is firmly attached and locked to the underside of the playfield.
Couldnt find the perfect picture, but you get the idea.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-jifykode7m/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/5930/104753/SGP134581_1_main__33123.1617225045.jpg?c=1

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.