IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deejaypee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10710 2 years ago

Well, I’ve been following this thread since I placed my order for our first NIB in early January. With a mix of total excitement and trepidation, i hereby report that my distributor told me today that they’ll be shipping mine out next week. I have petg washers coming but the Cliffy set is on the backlog since I just ordered them last week. Maybe I should add some carbon fiber to the order just in case. What a stupid thing to have to be thinking about ahead of a brand new machine…

I want to give big thanks to everyone, especially Yelobird fooflighter zaphX PinMonk LTG for being s’darn helpful and encouraging—I have many of your posts favorited and/or copied into my GNR notes file.

Also I want to thank/blame Karl DeAngelo iepinball for streaming his gameplay and getting the lady of the house so excited about this game that she put “Buy GNR LE” on my honey-do list. We watched him for weeks and slowly figured out it was inevitable.

I’m excited and crossing my fingers for a good game and a strong playfield. Thanks for being a great community, people!

#10715 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Congrats and welcome to the club! Mine showed up this week and looks great. There is an almost imperceptible amount of pooling around the upper playfield post. I'll carbon cliffy that one and call it a day. FWIW, here's what the washer situation looks like on mine. Born on date May-21.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! I hope yours stays clean and tight as the magical Pinfairy intended. Looks great. Jeez this game looks great even when it’s not on.

#10732 2 years ago

Automated Services. Ordered Jan 12.

Quoted from Rocketrob:

What distro did you use?

Also, we found out our machine was shipping next week and bought tickets to GNR…. both TODAY. I think they planned the pinball machine just to boost ticket sales. We didn’t go for the Nighttrain Super Deluxe Bullet Loader My Michelle Special Package though. I never had to decline so many crazy special packages in my life.

Quoted from moat-pin:

Haha I did same thing. Soon after got my LE.

#10962 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's pretty common that people jump in and post without reading much prior... So there's that too... stuff keeps coming back up in waves, always will.
I'm actually surprised I've really never seen people here reply curtly to the poster to use the search. I think everyone here generally likes helping and with the rate of new pins being shipped out, part of the onboarding process is helping through dealing with playfield issues, unfortunately. It's like a GnR owners triage forum waiting for the next visit. I'll be there this year but I'm not going to be bashing, that's for the other thread... and I won't be there either.
And gently guiding anyone wanting to go off on a rant bashing to that thread I think is educationally appropriate.
This thread is team GnR!

Exactly how I feel! I’ve been following this thread and taking notes since I ordered in January. I don’t think a lot of people have the time or inclination to do the same, so I get it when I read questions that have been answered ten times, and I ain’t mad. We’re gonna see a lot of repetition. I’ve stayed mostly off since I don’t have mine yet and can’t really contribute anything, but I’m supposed to be getting mine soon and I’ll be darn happy to try to be more helpful. I don’t mind people posting about almost anything game related.

I totally get how annoying it is to read playfield concerns over and over when you’ve had your game for a while and you want to talk strategy, lost jackpots, and parse out rules more… but hey, we’re all at different stages of the process. Soon I hope to have some ability to take all the strategy posts and make some sense of what to do… but dangit, I haven’t been taking notes on that stuff!

#10964 2 years ago

I think it really depends on how many people ordered from your distributor. I ordered Jan 12, and I had called maybe 7-8 distributors to find out when they had spots available. At that point most weren’t until June/July, but I found one who had a March spot open and I put my deposit down. Then the big slowdown yada yada yada and my dist apologized that his March order was pushed to June. I called last week to see how many more months I was pushed back and was pleasantly surprised to be told that they were scheduled to receive a shipment this week and that mine was in the batch.

#10966 2 years ago

Also, let’s lay off zaphX a little! He’s been awesome and amazingly helpful through most of this thread and he understandably is over all the playfield stuff. I think most of us are just asking for a little understanding from him that many of us are still (im)patiently awaiting our good times or are just getting our games and haven’t had a chance to work through the setup and protection stuff yet and want to be able to express our disappointments sometimes before we get to the rock out and enjoy phase.

So if he gripes that he’s tired of gripes, eh, stop the cycle.

I finally found an LE in the wild this weekend and had an amazing time on the machine despite not being able to hear a thing. I’m reaaaaally excited to get one up at my place now! I’m not even going to mention that it had pooling and art chipping. Not a word about how that makes me nervous. Not saying a thing about how its build date was 5/21. Eh. Mine will have problems. I will deal with it. Because this thing is fun to shoot!

#10967 2 years ago

I hope sooner than you think @xelz! I don’t know how many jjp allocates themselves in the schedule or how long the queue was. But the games seem to be coming faster and more furiously here lately…

#11005 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe JJP has moved the concept of disappearing messages on whatsapp into playfields. Eventually you're playing a whitewood.

Sounds much less distracting. We’ll all be thanking them for making us better players?

#11163 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

ZaphX deactivated his account?

If anyone knows him personally, tell him he’s already missed. I have so many of his posts saved, I know I owe him a beer. Man that’s such a shame.

#11371 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Can someone please show me what you've done to prevent air-balls from the L ramp entrance target going down the left outline? I have seen something about this in the 228 pages but can't find it now.
When I first read about a fix for this, I had never seen it happen but last night it happened to me 4 times!

Finally, my anal note taking ahead of actually having a game pays off for someone

Also, props to Zaphx and I sure do wish he’d come back

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/179#post-6257557

#11373 2 years ago

oh, that’s from the collector’s edition forum, I’m not allowed in there

2 weeks later
#12104 2 years ago

Probably nothing bad, don’t worry. He deleted his Pinside account a month ago or so. He seemed a little fed up at the time, hopefully he’ll return one day.

Quoted from apinballwiz:

I'm sorry may I ask what happened to zaphX???

1 week later
#12549 2 years ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

Any how, I can’t seem to find any kits on either site that are JJP specific or even generic “Washer / Post kits”. Does anyone happen to know what these kits are and possibly a link to one of them?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Sorry JJP ain’t so great all the time. Luckily, we have a fabulous community to try to help each other out. Try this kit? I ordered stuff separately before I saw they have it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-pinball-post-spacerprotector.html

1 week later
#12843 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know if JJP is shipping any games to US distributors at the moment? Or does JJP have any games on the line currently or are they waiting on parte again? Thanks in advance.

I got my call and final invoice two weeks ago, and then one week ago I was told that they’d run out of some parts and the line was stopped. It’s funny that this is the way we learn the world really is breaking down.

I have no idea what to expect or when to expect it, but I don’t suppose it’ll matter much when the zombies come

#12849 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, I was told I was next up at my distro as well, but then things went quiet. I figured the flow of games had stopped yet again. One day JJP will get this all figured out.

My idea was to hire a person who could count using numbers and put them in charge of inventory. I kid, I kid, I know there are serious supply chain and workforce issues. Abacuses are probably hard to come by too

I wonder what they have all their employees do when they have to stop the line, though.

1 week later
#13076 2 years ago

So on the sound front, I have a pretty nice home stereo that happens to be in the same space as where the GNR is going when it arrives next week, and I’ve been on the fence about pinwoofer. Not because I don’t think it would be great, but because I don’t have money to spend thoughtlessly. I figured I’d see how it sounds out the box, then see about hooking it up through the stereo. It seems silly but it’s already right there and no harm in trying it out?

Is there an easy audio line-out in the game, or would I need to splice some wires, or what? If you think I’m crazy, no need to post, I’m aware, and Axl sings it to me every time I put on my GNR Lies (the superior version of that song all day every day).

#13081 2 years ago

But of course I will report back in. With direct wired connections, I’m not too worried about lag. I only wonder if anyone who has the game knows whether there is an easy line out connector or if I’ll need to splice. I should have everything on hand to do it either way, I was just hoping it would be simple is all.

#13099 2 years ago
Quoted from TakeOff:

The amplifier board is connected to the audio out of the PC. If you do not use the internal speakers you do not need the internal amplifier board. Therefore, You can connect your amplifier to the audio out of the PC. It is simple.

That’s great, thanks! I’ll try it and if I don’t love it I’ll have to start convincing the woman that pinwoofer is a necessity.

She’ll be a tough sell, she will have to love the game first and foremost. I don’t know how the rest of you get away with all these mods after taking five digits out of your bank accounts.

1 week later
#13391 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There's a board with a bunch of ethernet wires coming out - it has a USB cable plugged into it, did it come out? If not that end, check the computer side (backbox, behind the magnetic pull-out monitor) and make sure all the USB cables are well seated there.

I was so bummed when you left and am so happy you’re back. ZaphX for president.

My game arrives tomorrow and appreciation I already owe him, PinMonk, FooFlighter, and a few other heavyweights shall be un-re-payable

#13394 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Aww shucks but really for me it's trial learning from everyone here, extreme OCD, Type A, and fail until I succeed. This site has been awesome with so many people willing to help and I'm really thankful for it. Not sure if I could be in this hobby without everyone here for reference, help and feedback.

Holy heck he read what I said! Brush with fame checked off the bucket list

#13458 2 years ago

Those of you waiting to play your machines until you’ve fully protected your playfields to the best of our abilities are special people—and by that I mean you’re either amazing or defective. Both work.

Got my buddy to help me bring in good old #1918 this afternoon in some oppressive heat (I am convinced there are gold bars hidden somewhere in this game, I’ve never felt a heavier pin). We get ‘er up on her legs and I thank him and show him the box full of petg washers, Mylar rings, cliffy set, iron, etc, and tell him I’ve got a few hours ahead of me. He laughs and nods to the three other people from my house, pinning us in like starved jackals, and he says “I think we’d better plug it in.”

I’ll get to it, I promise. Had a couple of stuck switches out of the box but things seem to be going pretty well and everyone is super excited to see how my playfield protections work out as soon as I fumigate them out of there.

For my buddy @vespula, ordered January 12 from a distributor

25AE35EE-7376-4166-936B-5404E82C8943 (resized).jpeg25AE35EE-7376-4166-936B-5404E82C8943 (resized).jpeg72760E45-DC1F-4216-9524-E11B8726A883 (resized).jpeg72760E45-DC1F-4216-9524-E11B8726A883 (resized).jpeg
#13493 2 years ago

Errr so removing the upper playfield to install cliffys… step 5 of FF’s excellent instructions ask me to trace all the wires coming off the upper playfield and unplug them where they end up. Is this easier than it appears, because everything is ziptied so beautifully down here, and the wires snake all over themselves, and I’m intimidated. Just looking for some courage perhaps?

#13496 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I never needed to unplug anything. I just snipped a few zip ties and pulled a little more slack. I had enough room to install the cliffy. Some of those connectors seemed a bit to tough for my taste to disconnect

Interesting and thank you, I will try it your way first

#13500 2 years ago

That’s a good idea—next time I go after the upper pf I’ll snip more and use my Velcro ties. Smart smart.

I was able to get the cliffys in fine just using the slack in the wires and an adolescent to hold it steady. I’d say everyone should have an adolescent… but they shouldn’t.

The left and right edges of the scoop cliffy are ever so slightly raised. I haven’t had that with cliffys before—are they going to settle down or are they going to start crunching and crumpling up eventually? I mean they’re barely up, but they’re up.

#13503 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is why I installed so many. The first one I managed to break the little tab that holds it in place. The second one I couldn't get to settle down the way I wanted.
I finally asked Cliffy if he'd make me one with adhesive, which he graciously did, and that one is just as I want it. Stays nice and flat.

Had it’s not just me! Hmm, I wonder if I can make some kind of adhesive fit in there. It’s all on mylar. Hmmmmm

#13505 2 years ago

Last stupid question for anyone close to their machine. We’re all buttoned back up but I’d failed to take a “before” pic of the bass ramp at the bottom and I feel like someone misplaced a piece of hex post. Cause it’s just hanging out up there… If someone could snap a pic of how it’s supposed to be, I’d appreciate it!

867ACB9D-638A-4A15-9A20-041EEFDC0A01 (resized).jpeg867ACB9D-638A-4A15-9A20-041EEFDC0A01 (resized).jpeg
#13510 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does this help? There should be a hex post there.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Helps a lot, thanks! You’ve confirmed what I believed to be the case. Now to locate it…

#13657 2 years ago

All righty, I’ve had the game for 4 days now and I’d like to report in. It’s pretty incredible. I mean, I’m almost not ashamed of making such an exorbitant purchase. I kind of can’t believe how much fun it is.

July build with a June playfield, lotsa washers and posts with lock nuts, everything looks good through about 100 plays. I suspect there is pooling under some of those washers—I installed cliffys and found a pool at under the apron, just under the tilt warnings. I’ll see it again soon since I’ll have to go back in and adjust my screw up, as the odd ball will get hung up at the eject hole. Had to adjust the one way gate at the right ramp to keep balls from screaming back at me, and I’ve got to adjust the scoop angle (coming to the right tip of the left flipper) and the left lane of the guitar lock likes to go sdtm. But I suppose I’m ready for all this from following this thread from the beginning, thanks again everyone!

Other than those minor things and a couple of non-gameplay imperfections/omissions I’ve found that I’ll have to open a ticket on, it is a beautiful and well-made machine that completely steals the show in my four-pin gameroom. How many gameplay videos have I watched, and still I wasn’t ready for the gorgeousness of this machine and the stellar integration. It is a marvel, and so dang much fun it is killing me. I’ve crested ten million now… and lost so much more trying to pull some Karls with the pinball skill of a comparative squirrel

#13687 2 years ago

Gots a problem. My upper playfield flipper is binding on something. It’s not dragging the playfield. When I lift the pf, it’s free and easy, but when I put downward pressure on it (as if it were down like usual), it’s just grinding along as I move it. I probably did something dumb when I had the upper pf off to do the cliffy, right? I can feel under there that there white sleeve going through the two pfs is in two pieces, not that that should make a difference.

My only guess is that I should maybe raise the flipper arm a bit, but that could be very wrong. Anyone else had this issue? I’ve already had a couple of balls get stuck in the hole below it because it doesn’t always come back to its home position.

19255E3B-4858-49E5-BC27-0B8FB1F9BA92 (resized).jpeg19255E3B-4858-49E5-BC27-0B8FB1F9BA92 (resized).jpeg
#13693 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is the plunger going into the coil at an angle and rubbing? If so you might be able to loosen the pawl nut, adjust it for smoother travel, and crank it back down.

I threw the plunger and it was smooth, but only when the pf was up, so I’ll investigate that better tomorrow, thanks!

It really only took a little downward pressure with my finger to make it lightly grind/bind. Such a simple mechanism, probably something will be obvious when I look at it with new eyes.

#13707 2 years ago

Fixed my sticking upper playfield flipper... I don't remember there being any posts on here about it before, so here's a quick synopsis and what I did to fix it... thanks zaphX for putting me on the right track and helping me through.

Basically, I noticed during gameplay that it didn't look like my upper pf flipper was returning all the way "home," and then sometimes it stuck all the way up, and I even got a ball stuck in the cutout beneath it. I raised the PF and the flipper traveled free and easy, until I put a little pressure on the top of the flipper (mimicking gravity), when it stuck/binded. zaphX suggested I check the coil plunger, and that indeed turned out to be the issue. The weight of the flipper and shaft put enough downward pressure on the linkage to make the plunger askew as it tried to travel in and out of the coil, causing the drag.

Tried just lifting the shaft some more, but the weight was still there of course. Looking closely, I noticed that when I slid the flipper shaft down as far as it would go without dragging the playfield, there was still a small gap between the sleeve on the flipper assembly (which comes a few inches out of the playfield and to the bottom of the upper PF) and a spacer sleeve that sits on top of it, meaning that unless the flipper were lower and sitting right on top of that spacer sleeve, the flipper isn't being supported by anything but the pinch clamp on the flipper assembly... and that weight being on the pinch clamp was the reason it putting pressure on the linkage and plunger. I use too many words.

So I just needed to make the weight rest on the spacer sleeve so it didn't torque the shaft and put lateral pressure on the flipper linkage. Luckily, I have about 6,000 PETG washers sitting around now, and they are about the right thickness to let the flipper rest on the shaft spacer. I took a 3/4" PETG washer and drilled out the hole with a 5/8 bit, which made it big enough to fit around the shaft. Then I just loosened the pawl nut, spread the pinch clamp a little with a screwdriver, removed the flipper and shaft, slid the washer on it (3/4 inch is the perfect size for the radius of the flipper), slid the spacer back on, and inserted it right back down. The height was perfect, I just retightened the pawl nut to get that pinch clamp semi-tight, made sure I had a little vertical play on the shaft, put the flipper in its position over the playfield, and tightened the pawl nut the rest of the way down. Swings free and easy now, returns to "home" without issue, and I'm back in business.

I hope no one else has such an issue, but if you do, it was pretty easy to deal with. PM me if I didn't make enough sense and you need help.

1598C9BB-F231-4EC9-A66D-48082D447AEB (resized).jpeg1598C9BB-F231-4EC9-A66D-48082D447AEB (resized).jpegE43C3ACA-D96B-42A4-860F-45AAF02AD58D (resized).jpegE43C3ACA-D96B-42A4-860F-45AAF02AD58D (resized).jpeg
#13710 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Gee I thought you always wanted a bit of space between the flipper bushing and the flipper bat. That’s what the spacers are for that you use during a rebuild. You want to have a little play when you pull up on the flipper bat. I guess that looks like a different set up with a different kind of bushing. Glad it works now for you

I think it’s just because it’s such a long shaft and there isn’t playfield underneath it. It’s sort of “floating” up there. So maybe none of them is actually sitting atop the spacer sleeve but mine was binding too much so I needed to. There’s still plenty of vertical play for the shaft with my setup here. I’m not sure what’s right, this is my first upper playfield with long-shafted bats.

#13781 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

What adjustment did you make here? I have the same issue sporadically, but unlike the shooter lane gate you can’t add washers to push the date down.

There are two hex nuts holding the gate to the plastic ramp (one might have a nut underneath that you have to hold?). Just loosen those up a little and on mine (and I’m sure yours), the gate had a slot hole so you can adjust left and right. I just made it so the gate was perpendicular to the target at the top of the ramp and it works like magic. Just tighten them back down and you’re good.

#13914 2 years ago

I played Houdini for the first time this past week. Just had enough cash for a few games, but I was totally intrigued. I think people spend their time hating on games because it assuages their FOMO since no one can have all the games, and they want to feel more confidently better about the ones they have?

For my part, I love pinball because it’s so easy to see what a labor of love every one of these machines has been for someone, so I honestly have a hard time disliking/hating almost any game. Did they get everything right? Did they miss some opportunities? No, yes, but they worked their butts off and made something worthwhile, and it doesn’t take much time with a game before you begin to see what they were after and appreciate it.

Snap, forgot this was a GNR forum—let me say that the game is a week and a half old in my house and seems to be actively beating the crap out of me… but I got 22m today and all is forgiven.

#13938 2 years ago

Am I crazy or is this game really important to set up the flippers for? I’ve always just set flips in line with the lane on my games and could get the feel for shots pretty quickly. On GNR, every little shift I make seems to change my shotmaking dramatically and I haven’t found the sweet spot… yet.

#13941 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It takes some experimenting. I would set them as low as possible while still being able to backhand the left ramp. For my game that’s slightly above parallel with the inlane. I tried it for a while slightly below parallel which made the orbits and crowd shot easier, but I could no longer backhand the ramp.

Yep, that’s the conundrum I’m facing. I really like how much better my games seem to go when I can backhand that left ramp! But now the orbits seem to be all but off the table for me. I’ll just go a little lower tomorrow…

#13944 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It took me quite a lot a bit to get GNR dialed in. I played with the flipper alignments as well as different pitches a lot.
I’ve found the sweet spots seem to be with the flippers near parallel with the guide lanes and top of the pitch bubble between 2nd and 3rd lines. Back handed shots are much harder and pretty much non existent on my setup but that’s how I like it as it forces me to play and not exploit the rules, locks, lane letters with backhandable shots.

Way to make me feel bad about wanting to exploit the rules! Let’s consider it my handicap… don’t worry, even backhanding my way to a patch or two and locking balls, I still find plenty of creative ways to drain all day long.

A little more pitch might help me with my inner loop, which likes to fling any weak shot straight to the outlane. I mean nothing but net 50% of the time.

Every game is still so much fun. Thanks for the suggestions people!

#13956 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oops sorry didn’t mean that as a knock on you. The game was designed to be back hand-able, and it feels good to back hand left ramp up to the upper flipper and snap it into a lock shot. Don’t let my OCD ruin your fun
If it makes you feel better, I blew a 130 million applause jackpot the other day. I wanted to cry - But I blame my wife as she was rushing me to get the kids ready for bath lol.

Lol, don’t sweat it a bit, I was just having some fun with you. I’m glad you’ve got the skills to not take advantage of it and still hit nice jackpots! I’m still not fast enough to even know how big the jackpots I’m losing are, but I drained out the other day and got a song score of over two million, and I’ll bet that was a monster jackpot (for me) that would have kept me awake with regret

I have a safe word with the fam when there’s a good game or ball going on. If someone starts talking to me or getting too close, I say NOPE and they usually correctly buzz off

#14342 2 years ago

I have to come in here every night to read about how excited people still are about this game… I am not regretting adding it but no other game I’ve played makes me so anxious! To disclaim, I’ve only had it a couple of weeks and still feel like I’m not getting it set up properly, and I’m fairly sure mine is haunted by an unhappy spirit that crept in somewhere between the factory and my home.

I suck at almost every phase of this game. The multiballs go great until the ball saver times out, the slings have eyeballs and know exactly how to lob into the outlanes, any ramp I don’t fully climb flings the ball sdtm (and I swear there’s a laugh, an awful snorting pig-man laugh to accompany it), and the moment I’m down to two balls in a song, the slings will catch one and play volleyball until the other ball shows up out of nowhere and swishes the drain at the moment the slings take an arcing shot that softly, mockingly, ambles on out. My triumphs are few and far between but the pain this monster doles out is approximately constant.

Sorry, I thought it was appropriate that I copy my journal entry from tonight for posterity. I hope to be getting better and joining in with everyone’s cheerful appreciation soon! Right now, I kind of wish my GNR was a man I could take outside and fight. Probably kick my arse there too, but at least I’d have a chance

#14364 2 years ago

Tonight, I’ll revisit my setup and try some things, thanks PinMonk and holminone and Vespula , you’ve refilled my courage (also sleep helped). Forgive the pitiful entry, I’d lost my positivity for a spell. It’s my first JJP and NIB, and contrary to what I’d read, I had no idea of just how much tweaking and retweaking it was going to take to get this bad boy playing great. And I’ve tuned four carbs on a four cylinder engine before, so I’m no stranger to incremental improvements! Probably I’m getting too old and full of righteous expectation.

I cannot wait for you to get your machine, @vespula. I’ve been watching your patient impatience here for many moons and I’m gonna feel like I just got a new game too when yours arrives!

#14404 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Could not have said this better. The slings have eyes! I swear it! I turned mine up just a tad bit I might add more power. They are very floaty and just love the alley-oop to the opposite outlane!
Love how you put it with the multiball drain and the 2 ball volleyball and one showing up out of nowhere. Hahahaha.
Sooooo infuriating.
But, cmon man.... Live and let die! Jungle! Getting to the solo in November rain. Hell, even Chinese Democracy. And that jackpot shot is the best (and worst) in pinball!
Tweak it in all types of ways bro. Love it. Mold it. Make it your own. Tune it to be yours and then rock it!

Getting there! Today I brought the slings down a couple of notches and I’m not getting slaughtered by volleyball. Oh, it still is dangerous but the murder percentage seems about halved. And finally my mini-bending of the guitar lock outs didn’t throw anything sdtm. We are making progress. My GC score of 22 mil hasn’t budged, but I see a brighter future… and it would have been amazing if I just could have found the dang scoop at the end of Sweet Child O’ Mine. Another day!

Here’s one thing I keep failing at: my bottom pop bumper’s skirt keeps getting stuck, flat against the pf, which obviously sticks the switch and it won’t fire again until I dig my fingernails against it and pull it back up. I thought it might be some mylar it was getting shoved under, but it’s not. When I un-stick it, sounds like some plastic scrapes up over whatever is holding it down, and I can’t make it stick by pushing it around with my finger. Haven’t had this problem before with a pin. Anyone have experience with such a thing?

#14600 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Your Favorite Song Moments: and go
I'll start...when the breakdown on "Better" starts and either Slash or Melissa says..."Spin that Record"...leading up to it with an awesome Riff and shaker/strobe lightshow intro...Usually in the zone at that time in the song and it just makes me smile every time.

Man I just don’t have enough games under my belt to answer this question properly. I’m still in the “what two dozen things are happening now that I should deal with” phase of my playing. but going by tonight’s business, I’m gonna say that I love/hate/love when all the lights die during Live and Let Die, and there’s that 3-note guitar bit accompanied by the flicker of a few lights right before the band music starts and the whole game lights up like it’s 1999.

I play in a dark room and trying to register where all the balls are (and where they’re probably going) right before it goes pitch black, and then getting a bit of a hint with that little guitar riff/lights flicker, and then realizing I was wrong about probably half of those balls and I have work to do to regain a modicum of control when the big brights and big guitars boom in…. Wooooooo—eeeeeeeee!

It’s a perfect microcosm for how I feel playing this game 75% of the time… two seconds that feel like an eternity and my brain thinks damnit oh nice wait what no way how could you oh that was lucky ahhh crap TWO AT ONCE where’s the OH NO OH YEAH!!!

All of that livin’ within such a short period of time, they’ll make that illegal one day

#14637 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

Yeah I know. Just venting after several games of them beating me down. Trying to lock one last ball, miss the ramp and straight to the outline.

I removed the offending stand-ups and bent them to a more favorable angle. So now they go to different outlanes

Seriously though, it helped a lot. It still happens but not nearly as much as it did. My worst one was the Appetite standup. It loved to eject balls out the right lane. I bent it pretty mildly to face the tip of the right flipper, or maybe even the middle drain (it’s hard to remember, I just was considering the angle of entry and likely rebounds) more squarely and it is pretty uncommon for it to drain out now.

I did need to adjust the switch leaves too. Pretty much each leaf in order to be square to one another. It didn’t take too long, just be gentle.

#14779 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Take a nut driver and loosen the two hood screws a little. Move hood to left and tighten back up really good. This hopefully solves your problem. No need to remove upper pf

You must have some magical nut drivers. I wanted so much for mine to fit in there but I couldn’t make it happen. Been waiting for another reason to remove the upper pf before I tried adjusting my hood again.

#14793 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

That’s what she said

*Sigh*
Not since I was 24.

#14846 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I officially suck at scoring. My average game is probably 1.7 million. Average start song value maybe 60. I still haven’t figured out what I need to do to hit the make some noise shot “under” the upper right flipper. That just feels like a lost cause.
Fun as hell but I suck. Highest score is I think 37 million next highest score is 18m and this is like 285 plays in….
Still don’t know what good say a lights patch does in a song mode or even a builder multiball….
Mostly venting but curious what you think of the make some noise shot and also your typical scores. Feels like I’m killing it in a song and maybe my jackpot is up to 3.5m. Big woop….

I’m right there with you man. I feel like I’m getting better but the scores aren’t reflecting it… yet. My GC score is like 22 mil. The other day I got a song value up to my personal best of like 95, even played the song pretty well, and came away with 8 million. The thing is stingy!

I have only been able to start make some noise on accident except once when I had a bouncing ball above the right flipper and was able to backhand it home. Felt great but it’s a pretty out-of-control way to make it happen. Hopefully some angle genius will chime in and tell us how to get it going on the regular…

#14963 2 years ago

That’s phenomenal. It pretty convincingly makes the whole machine look like a rock stage. Alas, I’m one of those punks who budgeted for this pinball machine and that is beyond my means. Eh, I play alone most of the time and I bet it’s hard to enjoy when your eyes are glued to the flippers anyway.

#15005 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

They’re all favorites for many reasons - some sentimental, some nostalgic, some not very common, some museum quality. There’s only 2 I’d really consider letting go out of what I have right now but I have no need or desire to. Still working on adding more.
Gofers, Champion Pub and TFTC are up there towards my top 5 favorites of what I currently own.
GNR destroyed me as usual tonight. Best I could do was around 40,000,000.

You bastard. I got my GC score tonight… at 28 million. I finished wondering how I’ll ever score so much again.

Scoring jealousy aside, I’m glad you have room for so many favorites. My physical limit is four machines, and I’m there, and I honestly couldn’t pick which one I’d be okay jettisoning to get another. Love them all.

#15048 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

No fight, no worries. Appreciate the info and I am happy for you and do hope you get it fast! Direct is still shipping October orders, so a lot of people who ordered last year are trying to patiently wait

If it makes you feel any better, now that I have GNR, I don’t have that excited feeling of anticipation any longer. You’re like a kid in the middle of December, waiting for Christmas. I’m like an old man, obsessed with how I can’t get past the second world in super mario brothers. Pity those of us who got luckier? I sure would like something to look forward to? I’m trying man sorry

#15114 2 years ago

Err, so I bought a pinwoofer kit from an owner who decided he didn’t want it, and I remember people having issues replacing the backglass after installing the new tweeters. And that’s me now. The instructions mention orienting the “bottom marker hole” downwards, but mine do not have these. Am I just supposed to keep rotating and reinstalling until the back glass fits again?

#15120 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

We're breaking this loose. Please note that this was a narrow scope issue that was corrected in March and affected only a small number of customers, all of whom were contacted and offered a remedy. All tweets since then have fit perfectly.

Thanks Vespula and @pinwoofer, all will be well. Dan’s gonna let me swap them out for the right bracket. Just my luck to end up with a set from a super exclusive run that you can’t even get your hands on. It’s probably worth more than my house!

Thanks for the help Dan!

#15232 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

The game is exposing serious weaknesses. I think I kind of suck even though I’m probably pretty decent.
1) My ability to hit the left ramp is effing horrible. I actually think my right flipper could go down because it’s not perfectly in line with the real guide. It’s biased up. But my bigger issue is I’m wondering if my right target at the ramp entrance is jammed in in cutting off a couple of valuable millimeters. I seem to catch the edge a lot. And it drives me crazy. Take a look at the photos and I’d love to see what your games look like. Looks like a little bit of manufacturing variability and I might be able to Jimmy in a bit to create some more space but right now the shot is feeling harder than the tRex shot in Jurassic Park. My patch collection is suffering.
2) The translucent rubber below we are PinMonk’s ball saver plexiglass sits came broken. I put the same size white thing in there but it’s super loose and I’m actually curious to know the actual rubber configuration. Photo attached. Love to see what you guys have on your games.
3) i’m going to steep in the game just to touch to 6.8 per the recommendation from earlier. I just suck.
4) Combo patch strategy. I’m currently fixated on collecting fender marshal Vader and Gibson. Thinking that this is going to give me some sort of rockstar sort of band frenzy type stuff. But I think it’s futile. I would love to get some no-brainer objectives to inject a little more scoring ability during my song. By the way I just lost a 21 million jackpot in November rain which is pretty high for me.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Holmie, don’t fret too much. That left ramp looks so big but is one of my biggest albatrosses too. I’ll look at my target tomorrow and let you know, but I clip that thing a lot too—and I’ve already removed it to bend the whole assembly, both to get a little more clearance and to change the angle of reflection when I hit it dead-on (used to drain on the right outlane constantly). It does sound like your right flipper should be lowered a bit though. It is a really a matter of infinitesimal adjustments. I had mine just right and then started having a little binding on the flipper return. Fixed that and now it’s too far up, left side shots from the right flipper are way too hard again. It requires a lot of precision and patience! I’ll be going back to where that flipper is just a hair below being in line with the guide, that’s where it felt best for me.

I’ll let other people help you out with patch strategies and stuff, I’m still going bonkers trying to figure out how to collect them without draining, how to get all the pre song multiballs going, really just how to prep a song for a good score without losing all my balls in the process. My GC is 28 million. I really suck. But we’ll both be great one day!

Also I tried to work Scorbit tonight for the first time and nothing recorded, so I even suck at that.

#15279 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I got the tutorial from the Scorbit thread and it was SUPER easy to do. Took all of 2 minutes. Recorded my first score and game.
Can't wait for the achievements to go live as the only thing it does now is automatically keep my score and store it, which in all honesty is kind of lame for a HUO thing. It does have a nice GLOBAL SCORES part to it that's cool to see.

Nice work. The other thing I found that it does (before the achievements come) is that you can connect to friends and check in on their scores and stuff. I don’t have any friends, but one day I might, and that will be nice!

#15280 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hey, you're not alone, we have a TON of work to do to make the app more intuitive and easier.
We do have a support doc that might help though:
https://support.scorbit.io/hc/en-us/articles/360056606854-Activating-a-Jersey-Jack-Pinball-Machine-on-the-Scorbit-Platform
Try that, let us know.

Thanks! I will read that and probably find out some things I’m missing, but I figured it out just putzing around in it. Of course, then I had an awful evening of horrible playing, so I’ve opted not to post any scores yet

I did “follow” Karl D though, so I can be sure I don’t get too big for my britches if I ever break, say, 50 million. 870-some million… that’ll remind me not to brag about anything.

#15314 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

so will i. Just seach for my name which i use here in the scorbit app.

Boom I got two friends. I’m deejaypee in Scorbit

#15359 2 years ago

I’m putting one of these in mine. It’s authentic I have proof

39F3D618-6CD2-48A1-A670-0FB79EF5D8F3 (resized).jpeg39F3D618-6CD2-48A1-A670-0FB79EF5D8F3 (resized).jpeg
#15363 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Someone just told me that GnR are playing 15mins down the road from me in Coffs Harbour soon. Asked me if i'm going.
Fuck no. Says I.
Shitty band.
He said but you have a GnR drink holder in your hand?
Tribute to the pinball machine, not the band.
Edit, just looked, the guy's a wanker, they're not coming to Coff's.

Nah, they’ll be in Raleigh, NC this week though. I’ll go see them and tell them you said hi. Sorry that wanker assumed you liked the band whose logo you had on your drink holder. How presumptuous!

#15365 2 years ago

I’m getting into the possibilities of Scorbit now, but after I’ve added maybe 6 of you fellas, I’ve only seen one score from Collins so far. I tried to “like” it, or whatever the equivalent is, by hitting the flipper paddle icon so that it goes up. I hope that made you feel good!

Most of my “feed” is Jay A, and one thing that has me puzzled is that it has the ball time and score graphic for Twilight Zone. I have a TZ, but it wasn’t available as a machine to add in the app. Jay, are older machines going to get Scorbit treatment somehow? Are you going into the hardware business?!

#15375 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They were doing old machines before they got to GnR. Hardware to add the functionality to older pins is here:
https://scorbit.io/scorbitron/

I had no idea! I love how so many bright minds are attracted to pinball. I now, is it worth it for me to spend money just to show the world how average I am at pinball….

#15393 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Absolutely not true. This is not the only thread i post in mate.
As said, click the ignore if you don't want to read my posts, or be more intelligent and just scroll past.

I just think of you as my grumpy uncle. You’re always there, you say what you want, sometimes it’s nice! And sometimes you’re annoyed or mad. We got room for everyone in this tent.

Also, folks, sometimes Punkin is funny. Plus his avatar is GoGo’s knee with a mace ball hanging beside it. I think we all know where the man stands!

I also like to think that one day someone will see that avatar pic and say “Hey, I love Kill Bill too, great movie.” And I’ll be hitting refresh every 20 seconds for you to tell them that the movie is garbage and Tarantino is a moron, you just like medieval weaponry

#15399 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Don't make me ignore you too, deejaypee.

You’re like my enthusiastic stepbrother, Vesp. And I’m not sure what it means, Val Kilmer said it in a western of some descript in the 90’s, but I’m your Huckleberry!

#15415 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You won't be sorry. Great bit of kit from an exceptional guy.
Don'tTellThemFuckersIMadeAnotherPositivePostPunkin

Now they’ll just say you’re a shill, these people are impossible to please. Actually, your being part of the chorus on the pinwoofer upgrade helped push me over the edge. You and everyone else on this shill of a thread.

Dan is amazing. I bought my kit secondhand (had never been installed) and the original owner didn’t get the memo that he was one of the very few who got a kit with tweeter brackets that didn’t fit with the back glass. Dan looked up the serial and is presently sending me fitting tweeters, didn’t care that I was a secondary buyer. I’ll get to finally hear it properly by Thursday! Dan is amazing.

#15426 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Add two washers to each screw on the left side of the scoop as you’re looking at it with the playfield up. Fixed mine this way - center of the left flipper every time now.

Wait, I think I’ve been stupid. Someone said something about being able to loosen/shift the scoop without removing the upper pf before, and I couldn’t find a way to get a driver in there, but I was only looking from the top of the playfield. I figured I just couldn’t find the right tool. Are you saying it can be loosened from underneath? It’s been a long time since I did all that (while I was installing cliffys) but I didn’t catch that that might be possible. Or am I reading wrong because it’s past my bedtime perhaps?

#15521 2 years ago

Just got back from the Raleigh GNR show. They played for 3 hours and 20 minutes, and the only break was maybe 3 minutes before the encore. Wow.

They didn’t bring any of their pinball machines, BUT during “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door, Axl said “Can ya help me out?” before the audience back and forth, and I gleefully recognized where it comes from in the game.

Also, the two drunk girls in front of us who sloshed beer all over our feet and once in my eye ended up passing out about an hour in. One of them roused to vomit and then was down for the count. Now, let’s see about those Scorbit achievements!

#15553 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Do you mind posting a picture of your scoop to show how it's sitting and the positioning of these washers?

Ha, and how you’re edging that screwdriver in there? I can’t find a good enough path! I swear you’re all warlocks. Don’t take the glass off on my account, I’ll figure it out eventually. But if you happen to be going in for something else and happen to have your driver in hand

#15596 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Haha you are overthinking it! Pics of screwdriver in each side and the zoom on scoop showing washer under left screw. Scoop comes right out. 100 fix on SDTMs.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I overthink everything, brotha! Aight now that I’ve got photographic proof I’ll make it happen. Thanks!

#15597 2 years ago

Oh and I gotta say that Dan the man PinWoofer sent me the tweeter replacements for the pinwoofer system, and everyone is right, it makes the game a lot better. I ended up deviating quite a bit from the suggested settings (maybe because I have an external sub hooked up too), and DAYUM it sounds really really really good. I’ve only played a few games on it so far, but it feels like an all-new machine and I am happy/impressed!

Thanks for helping push me over the edge. Especially punkin !

#15755 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Has anyone ever successfully paired Apple Air Pod Pros? The game sees mine, but never actually connects.

I was 0 for about 20 trying. Apple and JJP don’t seem to like each other :/

#15763 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it was decided that a newer/better bluetooth dongle was the plan.

Did you actually try other bluetooth dongles, or just tried to connect 20 times? I found the Bluetooth dongle JJP uses for literally 80 cents in quantity from China, so it's likely bottom-of-the-barrel quality. I'm assuming a better dongle might yield results? Dunno. But I'm going to try some.
It's also weird that they're using a branded TPLink dongle for the wifi but a no-name DIFFERENT dongle for the bluetooth. Seems like a combo wifi/bluetooth version might have been better. But that's my "looking in from the outside" first impression...

Nope, didn’t try other dongles, reckon I could order a nice one and give it a go. I happened to have a decent set of wired ones that I used. I also have a pair of Phillips BT headphones that paired just fine, but maybe there’s something to a better dongle having broader support.

#15909 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

The manual mentions that this game has a mechanism that will hold the balls in the trough even when the playfield is lifted (to position 4). My question is, how much do you guys trust this mechanism? Do you guys remove the balls prior to fully lifting your playfield? Or does everybody fully trust that mechanism and that no balls will come falling out smashing into something breakable?

That drop flap was my favorite simple engineering feat ever… until one time four balls came flying out and crashed everywhere. What has happened (I believe) is that when the balls have been stopped by the flap in the past, they eventually bent the flap a little so it no longer swings freely. So it got stuck open and the balls were free to explore. Luckily nothing was destroyed and now I know to manually move the flap before I lift the PF. It sticks in place and works fine like that. I just have to remember to move it back open before putting the glass back in.

So keep an eye on those, make sure they’re still swinging freely before you lift the PF with abandon!

#15985 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Try automated (pinballs.com). But there are a bunch of dists that include JJP shipping AFAIK.
I've never ordered from JJP direct and always use distributors, so I don't know JJP's policy, but you can get better deals than what you've been doing.

You got all the sweet hookups! GNR was my first NIB game—I called seven distributors and landed on Mike at Automated because he reduced the price by the credit card fee he would have paid since I wired the money direct…. but nobody I talked to gave me free shipping!

#16040 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Summer sheets go on. Deadpool out, GnR in.
[quoted image]

You sure do have a lot of GNR swag for a guy who doesn’t love the band! I’m getting suspicious…

#16180 2 years ago

Err, I feel like someone has had an issue where part of one of their hot rails stops lighting. I didn’t notice it before yesterday and then figured a reboot would fix it, but my right rail seems to have completely stopped lighting from the ball launch gate down. Left rail and above the gate are good. Did someone hex me?

#16196 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Reposting this for some of the newcomers - it explains the pre-song multiballs and goals, patches, and in-song goals/band frenzy.

A fine primer, but I’ve watched it already. Surely you’ve evolved and are ready to drop new and improved knowledge on those of us who understand what we SHOULD be doing but are brutalized nightly and sleep with our tails betwixt our legs. Unless you’re holding it back so you can sit atop my scorebit boards with a smirk. Eh, you’ve earned it. Hail ZaphX, I’ll climb my way up to your feet one of these years

1 week later
#16541 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Added both of you guys. I’m Galooch if you want to add me.
Can someone chime in again on how Scorbit challenges work?

Bumping this… I finally had some time to play tonight and got a pretty good score (well, for me… 19 mil), and I excitedly went through Scorbit trying to figure out how to send a challenge to someone. But I am not smart enough. That or Scorbit thinks trying to challenge with 19m is too pathetic to allow.

#16705 2 years ago

Just wondering for you pinwoofer gt users out there… when I use the gain knob to prevent the auto-mute function from working (and making the lower level sound moments cut in and out), I get an unacceptable amount of hiss static from the mids and tweeters. It was driving me nuts, so now the game volume is always much higher than usual—then i can keep the gain knob low and it seems to let me play at reasonable levels without the hiss or the auto-mute happening most of the time. It just feels weird to be playing “quiet” games at volumes in the 20s.

It’s not really a problem, just feels weird. Is that how you guys deal with it? I don’t think there’s a way to disable auto-mute; I know the function is meant to help out older games more than the newer ones. I have yet to play a “quiet” game with this setup and I’m not sure I’ll be able to without the auto mute happening. I usually use headphones in quieter house times anyway, but I was thinking about guests who might want to play but keep it fairly quiet. Then again, if overstimulation is a problem for them, they probably shouldn’t be playing GNR anyway!

#16712 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey djpletcher - please read through the new owner migration guide at the link below. Everything you need to know should be there. You can also contact me if you need help - I'm certain this is a matter of making some simple adjustments:
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-migration-to-new-owner/
There are also recommended settings below - once you set the gain to 2-3 o'clock you'll want to leave it there permanently:
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-amplifier-settings/

Dan, you work too hard! I just thought I’d see if the community has a little feedback, to see if people dealt with things in different ways, but I should have known you’d catch it first! Who else goes out of their way to provide customer service to customers who are actively not bugging you?!

I’ve read those and watched a couple of videos but I’m a little sensitive to gain fuzz I think. The dern thing sounds fabulous and I am only here splitting hairs, I couldn’t be happier with @Pinwoofer!

Even the lady of the house, who adamantly was opposed to a mod we couldn’t see, has admitted she could never go back to the old sound and jams out approximately 14 times harder since we installed pinwoofer

#16790 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If you can shoot an outer orbit clockwise and counter clockwise without the ball hitting the slings then you are good to go. A clean shot in either direction should come back to the flipper. Both mine needs some tweaking. Now they’re perfect

Mine don’t hit the slings, but counter clockwise orbit is close to down the middle. I can always save it, it hits around 3/4 of the left flipper, but it’s an ugly chaos right after and I should surely try to reign that in a bit. Shooting multiple orbits does sound fun.

#16807 2 years ago

Yours is easy. You just need to loosen the first screw on the right and move the guide rail back. I think I could reach it with a long skinny screwdriver but you might need to remove stuff.
Also to note. Be 100% your table is level first before adjusting anything. That alone will affect it

Ready to show my stupidity. I didn’t see a screw, just posts going to lock nut under the playfield holding the guide rail in place. I loosened the nut but there doesn’t seem to be any play there. If I were a brute I’d just bend the guide rail back, but I am a gentleman.

#16848 2 years ago

Here is a pic of the first 2 screws on the right side guard rail. If yours is heading more SDTM than towards hitting the right sling you will want to move the guide on screw 1 to the right, tighten and test. If it still is SDTM you might try screw #2 and push to the left and tighten. That will decrease the arc
[quoted image]

My fault, if I said the right side I apologize. Balls come from the right lovely. The left side is the one I couldn’t find anything but posts for. I went ahead and bent it a little and hit my first double loop!

#16850 2 years ago

Aaaaand I just sent a few of you a challenge! It won’t be a challenge for you of course, but I finally broke 30 million and saw the VS button in Scorbit for the first time, so I had to! I mean, I cashed out a 25 million point November Rain jackpot with sweaty palms. No scoop shot has ever meant so much to me.

#16854 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Hahahaha. That's great! Sweaty palms!
I missed a 42m jackpot ok Rain earlier tonight. Ugh.
Does the challenge have to be on an LE / Same model? I own the SE variety.

I don’t know actually. I am pretty sure I sent it to you. Collins, yes? This is my first time obviously, and I don’t see in the app where I can find out to whom I sent the challenges. I was still sweating when I sent them. Also there was some residual trembling going down

#16855 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Lol… well, for what is worth, I drained a 40 something million jackpot with November rain trying to hit the last jackpot… it was my perfect game till this.. so much cruelty with this machine. Got your challenge.. hopefully at some point I can get back to some reasonable score!

I’m not worried about you, you’ll get it back. But man, I lost a 22 mil jackpot once and it was Calgon time. That’s the kind of minor leagues I play in on this confounded game.

#16858 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

What are our thoughts, the consensus, on full playfield protectors?
Are they helping with the pooling and chipping issues? Does a playfield protector make things better?
Or will the pooling still happen?

Going from memory on this thread, Europeans love them and install them on a lot of their games, some people hate them because it raises the play surface slightly and ruins the intended design, and apparently putting them down on a not-fully-cured playfield can lead to unsightly “wet” spots since the clear can’t aspirate. I’m sure I’m forgetting things.

#16913 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

how in God's green earth did he reach 259 million points? I mean come ON! I'm about to start a thread here on who among us believes that Karl is not a human, but an alien sent to our planet to ensure that we humans are inferior in every way. no way that score is achieved by a bona fide human. no way

I’m just now starting to get scores in the 20-30 million range. For me, yes it’s about the patches, but I seem to get more of those and better song values when I successfully stack the pre-song multiballs. And always lock all 6 to start a song if you can.

And for goodness’ sake, cash out when you’re nervous!! I watched too much Karl and came into this thing with a real jagoff cowboy “lay it on the line” mentality. Karl is a bad influence and someone should start a media blitz, a series of PSAs letting people know about the Dangers of DeAngelo. That’s the title of the after school special.

#16914 2 years ago

Also, we should rank songs from easiest to hardest. November Rain is my biggest jackpot, so I know that’s the easiest. How I love when my stage screen says Hit Everything!

Then this evening I played Welcome to the Jungle, and had one ball left with three shots to finish the mode. Hit a ramp. Hit an orbit. Hit the inner loop? Crap! Drained after three bricks.

#16951 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loose coil stop. Or broken spring.
LTG : )

This. But also if you moved the flipper bat. shaft up or down while cleaning it, I’ve found binding flippers on this game when the linkages have some new pressure on them. I know they’re the same parts as my other pins but for some reason they seem to be more sensitive on this game for me. See if lifting (pushing up from the bottom) or lowering the clamp and shaft together makes things seem more free swinging. If so, might want to loosen the nut and raise the shaft in the clamp ever so slightly.

That’s been my issue every time one of these doesn’t want to return “home” thus far.

#16996 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

@deejaypee and @joerg one of these days they’ll get scorebit fixed, but challenge beat and sent back your way.
I really think getting the band members tokens, or whatever they are combined with the patch that makes band frenzy easier is the best avenue to points, plus the standard 4 multi balls of course.[quoted image]

Thanks for the tips! I do not think I will be besting that score in the very near future. But dang I’m gonna try!

#17039 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Excuse the quality, but convince me. Is there a better callout in pinball?

I’m not denying your assertion, but doesn’t Melissa tell me to quit pounding my pud and play on occasion? Maybe I just like it when ladies are rude to me.

#17067 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy all u GnfR 'ballers..... are you sitting down?
Got a sweet note this morning from Jen.....

Date ordered serial number disty or direct

Congrats man! Excited for you!!

#17363 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

…but I collected "Gun" in 3 games in a row and there’s no revolver besides Welcome to the Jungle,.

I could be wrong, but I think the gun doesn’t go to a specific song. I think I remember that it increases scoring in all songs…

1 week later
#17697 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Okay I'm too tired to post anything other than a picture.
Huge learning curve since I've never owned a pinball machine before. But I got a lot of the cosmetic mods done. I've got my fans and my pinwoofer yet to do on another day... Playfields gorgeous..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking great man! I’ve been waiting for this day for you for as long as I can remember. Congratulations, and you know we’re all here for you as you learn to tweak and repair!

#17751 2 years ago

Jeez I drop in for my daily dose and snarkiness abounds! Reckon it’s been a rough week. I recommend a bourbon and ginger to take the edge off.

My take on the latest non-snarky posts is that man yes the LE is pretty and I love the upper pf, but I’ve never had the chance to play the SE and I’d like to see how much more smooth the game would be. Honestly I think it’s kind of garbage that manufacturers started making different versions. You know they start with the game they want and then think of things to take away so they entice us to spring for the fancy stuff. Make a game and sell it, man! I learned about what a butter cabinet was today and I rolled my eyes so hard they came back around from the bottom.

But also doesn’t the coma lock just drop the ball into the trough when you win or lose the ball anyway? I’ve haven’t seen one actually, so maybe it’s cooler than it sounds. Does it kick the ball back in if you get the coma multiball?

#17806 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Hi all,
A little update on my stuck left flipper in the upright position . I found the culprit today. Its not the coilstop or coilsleeve. However there is a leafspring in the flipper assembly that detects the flipper position. The longest leafspring in the assembly has a broken tip and the pointy tip where it broke is diggin into the metal of the flipperassembly and staying stuck there. Guess i have to find the correct part # in my manual and order a new leafspring set. Should be easy peasy to switch out.
Picture #1 is showing the leafspring end where it snapped off.
Always sattisfying to find the little bugger that is causing this much grief.
I thought i would share it here so if someone else is running into the same problem they know where to look for a potential fix.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And people complain that JJP flippers aren’t strong. I’ve never seen a leaf snapped off like that before. Good find and may your parts ship quickly!

#17812 2 years ago
Fry (resized).jpegFry (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17915 2 years ago

Thank god I am not good enough to keep track of my jackpot balance during a song! Playing Paradise City on Thanksgiving, having a lovely time, hitting my shots, hitting the scoop, hearing Melissa talking about a band frenzy or two, enjoying the song, oh look as usual I drain 3 in a row, oh there goes another, one ball left, scoop is lit, nice I can try to get something out of this, hit the scoop….

Would I like to collect 79 million? Would I like to take more than double my high score by hitting a single button right under my crooked nose? Why yes I would, thanks!!

Rest of game went to plan. Finished with 85 million! And oh yes I sent that one out as a challenge to a few of you

#17918 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I saw both the notification of you GC’ing and the challenge. Nice!

I know you’ll knock it out! I didn’t dare challenge you with my normal scores. That goes for the rest of you I hit with that, too. I know you’re out of my league, I’m just poking my head out to get the thumping I deserve

#18115 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

So I have no friends … at least none that have a GNR on Scorbit . I’d love to see what challenges are all about. So if anyone is looking for a quality Scorbit friend feel free to challenge HornerSyndrome I’ve only had the game 2 weeks and can only play occasionally as I have two young boys - 1 and 3. Love it so far! Game on!

deejaypee coming at you homes. I’ve added you and you best believe you’ll have a very low score to deal with soon! I get to play up to five games a day if I steal away to the machine judiciously and don't leave the laundry unfolded

#18165 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I love tons of lights too. Here's the video I made on how to DIY the cabinet and back box lighting tied into the hot rails:
And here it is in action:

Yes DV, I credit you for a couple of months of frustration on my part. In a good way! You and brspidrr posted great info on this and I thought it would be a fun project, so I went for it. I don’t know if my game just had a little funk in the wiring or what, but every time I cranked them up, I’d get problems with the original hotrails. Flickering or dimming often, data freezing sometimes, lights going static.

I played with various buffers and wiring configurations, and ended up finally being successful and in the process made mine so it’s all plug and play, no splicing or tapping, easy to put in or uninstall without changes to the game. I’m testing it out in a couple of other machines and have enough spare parts from the process to make a few more. If people want them I’ll make them. They make the show even better in my opinion, they spread the concert to the room! Even the woman of the house, whose been grousing about the excessive soldering and new tools and parts all over the pinball room for months, thinks they’re awesome.

Anyway couldn’t have gotten a foothold without your trailblazing, thanks man!

#18186 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Awesome! I hate splices. Just about every splice I did needed some tweaking to get solid. Would love to see details of how you improved it! Seems like a smart person could sell these plug and play kits ...

It took about ten poor purchase attempts to find appropriately sized connectors and then a lot of failed crimps

Then it was a matter of dealing with the voltage fluctuations that kept my lights screwy, a problem I’m happy that you didn’t have! What I’ve got going on will hopefully obviate that issue in anyone’s game. It might be overkill (if my game is a total outlier) but at least I’m sure that I’m getting strong and safe voltage where it needs to go. Plus they look awesome! I’ll put together some pics and clips soon.

#18233 2 years ago

I honestly can’t tell if this rule set is so genius that it’ll keep revealing new layers of complexity or if it’s really kind of a hodgepodge of good ideas that players learn to manipulate with good shooting. If that makes sense.

Maybe those two things aren’t even mutually exclusive. It’s like the game doesn’t want you to rip the whole thing—you decide to go down this path or that one, and it’s basically impossible to do it all (album modes, concert playing) in one game. That sort of bothers me but I don’t think it’s a bad thing. It’s just different. I wonder if they tried to make the pin a journey with those two paths tied together and it was just too much. You know, you collect song time when you’re playing to get to the album modes, and obviously you could blow up song scores while going down that avenue. Slash solo comes up as an eventuality from just playing. Same with tour multiball, essentially. Conceptually, everything is in line to play the songs for score while doing album modes to reach NSFTD, but is any human really good enough to do it all?

#18235 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I think there are a of couple major code updates needed to tie everything together. I think they can do it. Hopefully it won’t take two years…

Maybe I’m just thinking about it with crotchety old man brain. I am loving GNR for what it is. I just kind of want the experience to be complete. And maybe it’s pretty close but I’m just not good enough!

I know I SHOULD be able to play a song or two from each album, and then get through the album modes and mini modes, leaving me at nsftd. It’s just a very steep climb as it is! It’s the Everest of pinball.

I’m just saying, if I end up at Lost in the Zone every 30-50 times playing TZ and it still always feels special, ain’t nothin’ wrong with that. A friend of mine loves the difficulty of his LOTR but has never made the final wiz mode. Again, crotchety old man brain maybe, but the pinball arms race hopefully isn’t bucking up to impossibility. The wizard modes are coded, it’s okay if we get to play them sometimes rather than waiting for Karl to broadcast so we can see what was possible.

I’m not denigrating the game at all! I just have that itch.

#18256 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Another wishlist item for pinball_keefer on jjGnR. If I have a 6 ball power chord building and it does the "release" sound because the timer has run out and starts releasing 4 or 5 balls I've built up toward it, if I can get a ball into the guitar lock right then, it would be nice if I could arrest the release and reset the lock clock.
Those 6 ball power chords are a bitch to set up, and it's a PAIN when it starts dumping them when you only had one left to complete it. If the game allowed you to halt the dump at the point you locked another ball, it would be a pretty great "save" feeling.

I have a system for this. First, I wait for a natural first ball up the ramp, and if the ball save is still happening (usually is), I’ll ignore the bottom flippers and start the power chord. Then, however many balls I have left, almost all of them magically go up the ramp and into the ball lock with surprising ease. With one loose ball remaining, I simply fail to make it up the ramp 6 times, then I get it up there but the ball will end up out of reach of the upper flipper, either by going straight to the VUK or weaseling around the left side of the upper pf. THEN I try like mad to get it back up there, and I always do, and when I’m just about to pop that sucker into the lock, I hear the drums announcing that power chord is donesky and it starts dropping balls on me. My last ball ends up getting ejected too, which unlocks my ability to drop the f-bomb and curse all the time I wasted not hitting mode shots for the song.

It’s fool-proof and I am excellent at it.

#18334 2 years ago

Well, I’m dumb. Can someone near their game take a quick snap of rubber right above the AMP/Coma lanes? I know which 3 posts it goes between, but now that I’m putting it back together it doesn’t look right. My bad, I thought what I was doing was too simple to forget. Thanks!

#18336 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I literally did this last night and thought the same as you. I looked at the manual (on line), it only goes on 2 posts not 3..in a straight line.

Thank you sir! That’s what I thought too, but then it looks loose when I put it back on. I mean it is loose. I might be having a stroke though. I’ll let you set me straight, here’s what I got.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#18337 2 years ago

Wait it goes all the way down to the coma nurse post? It must, that looks right from the player perspective. But so there’s a rubber holding thick post that doesn’t hold rubber, huh? Is this right?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#18343 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Here’s a quick pic. You currently have the rubber on the wrong posts. Let me know if you need another pic. [quoted image]

Perfect, thank you. That’s what I came up with, and frobozz is right, it just looks weird without the plastics and bass wire form, makes you second guess yourself. All is well now! Thank you gents.

#18345 2 years ago

For anyone interested in what I was up to, I want to say first that my playfield has held up very nicely overall and I’m not (very) mad… last night I saw the uppermost post holding the rubber above the GNR lane. It wasn’t perpendicular to the PF. It was digging in nastily. Short story, took it out, dug out the mess, did Yelobird ironing, took care of some pooling on the post next to it the same way, installed a taller t-nut and a washer (had to trim it), and it looks decent and hopefully will hold up. It’s perpendicular, anyway. Game on!886A04E6-B6CD-4586-BE4D-F0951390C376 (resized).jpeg886A04E6-B6CD-4586-BE4D-F0951390C376 (resized).jpeg25394957-B5F9-4E13-A929-CCDB2C1A4959 (resized).jpeg25394957-B5F9-4E13-A929-CCDB2C1A4959 (resized).jpegE191FE9B-EE3C-4A23-B4A5-20F0B98687C1 (resized).jpegE191FE9B-EE3C-4A23-B4A5-20F0B98687C1 (resized).jpegC280AD7A-2B1B-4CC3-8102-C04286EC7DE8 (resized).jpegC280AD7A-2B1B-4CC3-8102-C04286EC7DE8 (resized).jpeg

185E4B40-F3DB-44A7-8768-0EB4255BB3BA (resized).jpeg185E4B40-F3DB-44A7-8768-0EB4255BB3BA (resized).jpeg
#18355 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Held up nicely?
I can tell you’re a glass half full type guy.

So far so good! As long as it works and looks pretty decent, I’m gonna play it. What am I, a museum?!

#18383 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No. What I think you're seeing is english on the ball. It gets some crazy english on it sometimes on the lower pf. I've had it appear to levitate on the airball shield on the left and it's just because it was spinning so fast it paused in the air pressing against the shield for a second or two. Looked really cool whenever it happened.

Agreed. This game spins balls like nothing I’ve seen before. Funny thing is that I’ve subconsciously registered what kinds of spins are coming from certain situations now. I’ll swing a flipper at a moment that there’s no business to flip and it’s perfect. I’ve even found myself trapping according to spin and only realize that I was playing the spin without thinking about it. Kind of cool might be a cyborg.

1 week later
#18595 2 years ago

There is exactly one song in this game that I just don’t really like—and I’ve tried, found a riff or two that are okay, a vocal bit that’s not bad—but I just can’t get behind it.

But when you’re hitting shots and band frenzying and growing the jackpot to over 30 million, I even find myself rocking out to “This I Love.” As i suspected, when it was over, even though i had fun during it, i still don’t like it, but contrary to what I would have guessed, wanking the applause jackpot and getting garbage for points didn’t make me hate the song more. So I got that going for me.

#18609 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thx. I swear I was playing tonight and not always getting letters when it drained there. I'll check it out again tomorrow.

I used to be confused about that too, but remember that every flipper button you hit rotates the three inlanes. So if you have the J and the A lit up on the JAM inlane, and nothing lit up on AMP or GNR, and you right flipper the ball to the upper PF, those two letters lit up on JAM move over to light the A and the M on AMP. One more right flipper push and those letters move over to light the G and the R of GNR, and if you don’t hit any more flipper buttons and the ball drains from the upper PF, you’ve got a patch by spelling GNR.

When I’m collecting patches and spamming that upper drain hole, I hit that ball up there and immediately look to the lanes to see if I’ve got two lit anywhere. Same if the ball is coming down the bass wireform… if it’s heading to the AMP side, I’m flipping to see if I’ve got two letters lit in any of those three inlanes so I can move them to the AMP lane and start that multiball.

Next time you’re playing and you drain your first ball, before you plunge it, hit some flippers and watch how the inlane lights move when you hit the L and R flippers. It’ll change your life!

#18666 2 years ago

Okay, I have a new favorite shot. I love getting the six ball power chord, and I love love love getting the applause jackpot… but when you slip one past the keeper (Slash’s record) and it skirts the bumpers but doesn’t knock, and you get an extra ball the clean way, dayum that feels slick!

I used to always rely on the Axl magnet and shoot the loop, but since JJP snuck in and removed my magnet in the dead of night, I’ve just been collecting extra balls during multiballs by luck and letting it be. Tonight I decided to shoot for one. And that is one badarse feeling shot to hit!

2 weeks later
#19114 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I feel like those wings are purposeful like little backboards promoting entry. Between the angled snubber rubber and the angled protector, all roads point to in.
But that’s just my dumb opinion.
My bigger question is for all of you crushing hundreds of millions, aside from playing better and hitting better shots, any setup tips to minimize cheap single ball drains? 6.7 between the flipper and my game is a drain monster. Slings almost guarantee outlane drain.

I pitched mine at whatever fooflighter recommended last (I think it’s 6.5 between the flippers?) and turned down my slings a couple of notches and drains are way down. They still happen enough to make me mad, but I no longer feel hopeless during the volleyball sessions.

I take solace in assuming that people getting in the hundreds of millions scores have just turned their slings off entirely. Don’t correct me!

#19125 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just a few examples which isn’t 100% accurate.
My Michelle: 2 roving targets move clockwise to the tempo of the song.
Paradise City: pops light shots. Make a shot and it’s not valid again until you light it with pops.
MR brownstone: main shots lit, make 2 or 3 then center spinner lights.
Coma: 5? Main shots lit, make one shot the. All out except the coma shot
Out ta get me: left side of playfield is lit. As song progresses the shots move to the right playfield.
Sweet child o mine: I believe this one alternates from loops to ramps
You could be mine: only one shot is lit, once you progress to the next wave, the one shot moves.
Civil war: inner loop always lit + one other shot
Estranged: targets for the most part + Ramps alternate from time to time.
Welcome to the jungle: this seems has the most variety in what shots are lit depending how far along you make it in the waves.
It’s so easy: frenzy + shots
November rain: switch frenzy
I’m sure I’m missing some details. Not the type to write it all down but with 1500+ plays and a year of ownership, as soon as a song starts my memory kicks in on The shots pattern for a particular song.

Is there a pinball college or something? Amazing attention to detail and memory! This is why I don’t Scorbit challenge you, Professor SKB

#19129 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah! I seen your score. You and I could have some good matches!
…honestly, I thought the song modes were 2nd nature for everyone lol. Maybe I’ll do a quick breakdown of each. Just need to be at my game not playing for 10 minutes to write it all down. That would involve not playing

It’s true though, I am starting to instinctively know the shots for the different songs and the best way to do that is to keep playing. I think we’re all just amazed that you have cogitated and regurgitated it.

I still average under 10 million but when I get songs I’m good at I can post a respectable number. Sometimes. Spin that record!

#19192 2 years ago

So gold isn’t my favorite color, and the fact that North Carolina has a lottery isn’t the most exciting aspect of the state (but really, what is?), and there are way cooler show posters than this one, but I got my late Christmas gift today. It’s the show poster from the Raleigh show we attended (where GNR played 3 hours 25 minutes), framed beautifully, with our tickets inset at the bottom. Thanks, woman! Nice little game room decor. She says you can actually scratch off the scratch off parts but I’m not gonna!
5A1D23E1-7B16-4D73-8221-25DDC7C3E239 (resized).jpeg5A1D23E1-7B16-4D73-8221-25DDC7C3E239 (resized).jpegC3934692-FBCD-4A52-87D1-8922322D8786 (resized).jpegC3934692-FBCD-4A52-87D1-8922322D8786 (resized).jpeg

#19194 2 years ago

Abso friggin’ lutely. Could have worked in some pig skulls right?

#19199 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

please scratch that ticket Deejay …
Of course looks very nice indeed, but what about if you have a couple of Millions up there … my good friend

Thank goodness it’s under glass… there’s a pinball metaphor there somewhere, BFF

#19226 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Anyone have any idea where the game logo (special is lit patch) lives on the playfield yet? I've got it set to Extra Ball and on my quest to reach NSFTD an extra ball would come in mighty handy.

Right outlane. So, it’s not a great extra ball really. Why didn’t they label it? They ran out of ink money maybe? But then they still didn’t print it when they raised the prices, so I dunno

#19227 2 years ago

In other news, since I stopped being upset that I so seldom score big, I’ve been trying album modes more. Thank goodness I don’t care about score because they’re pretty fun! Tonight I did Shall We Play a Game? and collected my Chinese Democracy patch beforehand (to get one-shot streak protection). I made it to seven before Slash spun me around and drained me dirty.

So I noticed that it started randomizing red-white-blue shots at a certain point, so after I hit one, I had to watch carefully to see what turned yellow-red and RWB. That is hard to do while you’re trying to get control or line up a shot as the ball’s coming around the loop! That was what got me, I was trying to figure which shot would be RWB and mistimed my shot from the loop.

Anyone know if the randomization is really random, or will the 8th shot always have certain targets RWB, or what? Man it’ll be a big delay if I ever beat that mode…

#19286 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

When Axl is not yet collected as far as I know

Wait, so I might have a bum magnet then. I thought it was just coded to never really activate with the last update, but I can’t remember the last time mine caught a ball at all. So if Axl isn’t collected, and I shoot it through the loop, it should be on?

1 week later
#19687 2 years ago

If you don’t like soldering or crimping or troubleshooting voltage issues—like I apparently love as determined by the number of months I’ve spent doing it—then have I got a mod for you!

Eh, I’m not a very good pitchman. Here, I made a thing I think is pretty awesome and maybe you’ll think it’s awesome too. Here’s a promotional video for what we are calling GNR Hyperlytes!

https://bit.ly/3InSybq
I can’t put it on YouTube because I can’t not use certain music by a certain band…

I’m making inquiries on larger parts orders so it’ll take me a a few weeks to start making them again, so I’m setting up a preorder list to see how much stuff I should buy. Ill get that together soon, but I figured it’s a Saturday… good day to share the video! Plus it means I won’t keep going back over it, editing with smaller and smaller returns on my mediocre editing and videography skills. Also I want to go play some pinball!

4D78E6AC-9BD8-41C3-ACAA-E1C4A3E1B3C2 (resized).jpeg4D78E6AC-9BD8-41C3-ACAA-E1C4A3E1B3C2 (resized).jpeg
#19705 2 years ago

Sorry everyone, not trying to turn this thread into a commercial, but just to answer a couple of questions I’ve gotten a bunch of times already, depending on how many preorders there are (the bigger the parts orders, the more I can save), the price for the Hyperlytes will be around $250-280, and USPS priority mail within the US will be around 15-25 bucks.

Here is the website with the high end of the cost on it (inventory is 0 so you can’t order them anyway) and a link to the preorder form, which will help me greatly in my parts orders! I will update anyone who signs up in a week or two and make sure you’re down! There’s no deposit or anything binding to be on the list, but please be reasonably sure you’d like a set so I don’t end up with a garage full of backups for my own GNR

https://bit.ly/3qRYJyD

Preorder Form:
https://forms.gle/jG27Yydvp8FpK3dn8

#19720 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ok ok, so I've gotta come clean...
I've been testing DJ's Hyperlytes....
And let me confirm that these are sic awesome and badass and anything else synonymous with awesomeness.
They are a snap to install. The cool intro pans into the wall and the room fills with Hotrail synchronicity. Jukebox and Attract mode never looked so good!! The CE owners know what I'm talking about and I know there are other smart people like DJ who have done this on their own.... Very impressive to me.
Top quality work and just took me less than 30 minutes to install. DJ has this all simplified to plug and play. I am super excited for everyone to be able to add these on. I was not paid to say this. I bought mine!
Don't hesitate, or it may be too late, operators are standing by now..

I should have paid you to say this, you are too kind sir. I had four testers for the Hyperlytes and ol’ Vespy was the only one who found a bonehead flaw in the design that would have given me a huge headache if I’d shipped any yet. So anyone who ends up with a set owes him a debt of gratitude, but no one so much as myself. Many, many thanks Vespula !

#19758 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

It's hard to tell from the photos on the cheapdrainz website, but I think these would be compatible with pin stadiums since the connectors just act as a pass through for the existing light rails connectors (same as what pin stadiums do). So you would probably just have a chain of connectors passing through the same hot rails output.
Having done the DIY for these myself (and making the DIY video), I would have preferred a pre-built kit. Yes it's more expensive, but I spent a lot of time diagnosing poor splices and connections to the led strips. I can't see how the connections are done in the hyperlytes, but I imagine they're better than what I did. Additionally, many people don't have the will to do DIY. I'm definitely into that sort of thing though and it's certainly possible. I made a set for both my dad and myself.
Awesome job deejaypee! I have a feeling this will be another must have mod.
One comment for deejaypee, the form says they're not compatible for SE, but I think they are? You just wouldn't get colors.

Thank you so much, and you are correct, they should work fine for the SE but not get colors... I just don't know anyone with an SE so I couldn't try any variations out yet. If anyone with an SE wants to be a guinea pig, holler at me!

And you and Vespula are correct, I shared the design with Scott and we didn't come up with any reasons why Hyperlytes and Pinstadium Concert Editions wouldn't work fine together. I wanted to get a set to try out but he sold out his latest run fast, which probably saved me from the doghouse since there's a certain lady of the house who's already annoyed with the cash I've spent working out the HLs.

atg1469 is right, it's not the hardest project in the world to complete, and was fun, and I know you did yours and your dad's too @daveyvandy, as have others. But on my machine, I had original hot rail flickering and data line issues which actually propelled me to keep working out solutions and led me eventually to making this kit. The solderless connectors kept giving me fits so I got rid of them and learned to solder better. I didn't like splicing into my brand new game wiring so I spent weeks finding the correct connectors, buying the right crimping tools, and learning to make good solid connections. I wanted it to look clean but also spray all the light I could so I bought several kinds of profile channels to test out. And of course the flickering and voltage fluctuations I was finding might not happen on every machine, but when I mentioned working on these previously, I got several messages from DIYers who experienced the same thing, so hopefully the buffering hardware I've chosen and the way I've put it together will obviate that problem for anyone else with possessed machines

Man, thinking over all that again, no wonder it took me so long. Soon I'll add more pics and description to the product page to make things a little clearer!

#19759 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Having done the DIY for these myself (and making the DIY video), I would have preferred a pre-built kit. Yes it's more expensive, but I spent a lot of time diagnosing poor splices and connections to the led strips. I can't see how the connections are done in the hyperlytes, but I imagine they're better than what I did. Additionally, many people don't have the will to do DIY. I'm definitely into that sort of thing though and it's certainly possible. I made a set for both my dad and myself.

Quoted from glpinball:

Ok that's pretty sick. Pre-ordered. Can you still put the head down with that on the back?

You would have to remove them. I spent a hot five minutes trying to figure out how to separate those backbox lights so it could be folded/transported with the new rails on them, but there's really no way of doing it without adding a lot more work, more connectors, etc. Plus you have to take the bottom rails off too, unless you transport it standing up, which most of us don't have vehicles for that kind of moving pins. Each rail is adhered using two small sections of 3m strong clear mounting tape, so it's reliable and not terrible to take off when moving the machine, just a razorblade and four quick unpluggings in the cabinet to separate them and do your thing.

I think the bigger question is, where are you taking your GNR so often that this is an issue? Mine is not going anywhere that I don't shove it when I miss an applause jackpot!

I actually installed my light rails with mounting clips that use one small screw and I could provide those to customers. I did it with mine since I was changing things out over and over while I was finding the best parts for the product, but I didn't want to ask people to drill even tiny holes in their new games. I would have done mine with the mounting tape if I were only utilizing one set from the beginning.

#19773 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

I would be interested in consolidated shipping for Canada.

Yes! Got you and Ponzie in mind. Will talk with you about it and ship the best way possible.

#19775 2 years ago

When’s the last time you cleaned and waxed that playfield? I was doing it pretty often at first but slacked off the last month or so. I did it last night and it’s like a whole new game. Wow kinda of fast and smooth. Just a friendly reminder since no one reminded me

#19777 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You should really try to be more original, DJ. :-)You are behind me by about 7 hours and 10 posts by my calculations.
And 22 hours behind the reminder you got from sevenrites
So I think while you are just ahead of the curve, you are late to the reminder game.
You and sevenrites may have actually been waxing around the same time. Not sure why thats funny to me.
Thank you all the same as cant ever have too many helpful people in one place!

I see. Man I probably got the idea from you guys. I’m losing my mind, pity rather than despise me please.

Good suggestion, many thanks!

#19778 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You and sevenrites may have actually been waxing around the same time. Not sure why thats funny to me.

When we waxed on together, it wasn’t so amusing, but our simultaneous waxing off was comedy gold!

#19781 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks great, nice work. Good for you for finding the correct connectors and not splicing like I see others do. What a lot of people don’t realize, but which you found out, is how difficult it can be to find the right connectors for games. I don’t know how many times I’ve ordered connectors and pins only to find out, they were the wrong ones. I have a nice inventory of connectors I’ll probably never use. Jjp uses oddball connectors, very different than what stern and Cgc use.
Again, nice work!

You are very kind, and that means a lot coming from you! Would you like about a dozen more connectors and pins to add to your collection? Cause I got ‘em

Yes, it was a royal pita. But worth it in the end. The funny thing is, I’ve done so much testing that the female pins on my game connectors are stretched out and sometimes require much wiggling and cajoling. I know they only had a so long a useful life, but it’s making me nervous for my own game now, as the wires are tight and replacing that connector will make them even shorter. I guess I could solder to lengthen the wires, but the original point of the whole project was to keep it clean and pristine. Ah well!

#19782 2 years ago

Oh and a game question. Tonight I had played a couple of songs and had collected everyone except Duff to light another one. But I couldn’t collect him. The ramp gate stayed closed and I couldn’t get him qualified. Have I forgotten something obvious? Did the fact that Slash Solo was lit have something to do with it? Because it finally forced me to give my last ball to Slash. I hope he’s happy.

#19784 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just trap up and time out the slash mode. Not worth the risk, and not really all that fun, anyway.
Use the 30 seconds with the flipper held up to scroll through the objectives, patches, etc completed and remaining.

So Slash Solo being lit WAS preventing me from qualifying Duff? That is a serious brick in the code man! I can’t understand why that would be. All the times I started a song by locking 6 balls only worked because I had collected Duff before Slash got all happy and demanded to be played with? This confuses me. I’ve got to be missing something right?

#19788 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes. Slash solo is probably the worst mode in all of pinball unfortunately. It’s why I’ve been preaching for the last 10 pages they fix it by making stackable with the rest of the game (except songs).

When will anyone please listen to you?!

#19790 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Did anyone request stacking Slash solo on the developer telegram thread?

The what now? Someone with a better state of mind do that thing
6F2E9177-1C37-4137-8A0A-DC712B8A84A4.gif6F2E9177-1C37-4137-8A0A-DC712B8A84A4.gif

#19801 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Great job , I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort to come up with the hardest part of it all , the Great name - Hyperlytes
I was a bit sad that you don't ship to OZ , but after 3 months of waiting , I finally got my rock topper yesterday
I forgot I paid extra for backbox lighting , but it also came with under cabinet lighting
Everything is great , except it didn't come with the cord for the 12 volt power
Happy Australia Day everyone [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You don’t need me to ship to OZ, look at that thing! And it’s not that that i wouldn’t ship stuff to you, I just haven’t thought about it. But now I’m going to. I’ve never sent anything there and I think it’s time.

I can’t believe they forgot the power cable, I hope they sort you out quick. On Australia Day no less! That would really put me under the pump

Happy Australia Day!

#19815 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If I hadn't brought the topper , I would have got a set off you . Hard to believe no one has made these until now . I love the art package and the powder coating on the LE , the only thing I really wanted from the CE was the exterior lighting .
You should think about sending them down here , you've got over 500 potential customers and a lot of them are in this thread .
Well done on doing such a good job .

How hard can it be? I'm sure it's not cheap, but our Canadian friends are talking about banding together to make one bigger shipment and disbursing in country. I'm happy to work with anyone interested to do it the best we can. I agree, by the way, the only thing I really cared about from the CE was the cabinet lighting. I understand that it's programmed fully separately and we LE's can't replicate that, but putting hot rail lights under and behind the cab makes it darn awesome anyway. I'd love to see a CE in action up close to see how creative they got.

#19821 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

EDIT: He does have the temp gauge up showing the real-time magnet and diverter temps with the cooling on with the stream tonight.
Karl DeAngelo is streaming GnR LE tonight. He has an advance magnet cooler and diverter cooler on this machine, and he may be measuring temps, not sure.
But the important part is he's giving away free pinmonk quiet fan kits and t-shirts as prizes all month long, and tonight is no exception. You need to get in within the first 30 minutes (i.e. before 7:30pm PST) and make your contest entry which is usually something related to the game. Once he achieves said contest item, he awards the prizes, usually about an hour or hour and a half after the close of contest entries.
Stream is here, starts at 7pm PST:
http://twitch.tv/iepinball

Watching Karl stream GNR is 100% the reason we bought ours to begin with. After I got it I didn’t like watching him because i was so terrible. Now I’m slightly less terrible and i could watch him play all night. Dude’s amazing. And nice. And so, so handsome.

#19846 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sorry , I should have explained the topper I've got has a connection for each strip .
But when it comes to removable LEDs I think velcro would be the way to go , although I haven't seen your setup .
[quoted image]

It’s a great idea. My worry with Velcro is that I’ve never had adhesive Velcro that wasn’t so angrily permanent that I didn’t rip off paint or chunks of wall if I ever tried to get it off unless I took my time with a razor blade and a fresh application of goo gone every millimeter. Maybe there’s something out there with a kinder but still firm adhesive that I don’t know about yet?

#19848 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I've had good luck with 3m strips which are velcro like and you can buy sizes that support a lot of weight... but I agree I've seen other velcro products that remove paint/wall/sheetrock under the most gentle of circumstances.

Like these guys? I’d forgotten about these but not a bad thought at all. They haven’t always worked for me as easily as advertised, but you’re right, they’re much gentler and they do hold a variety of weights without issue

3M Removable Interlocking Fastener Adhesives https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HU51LE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_WP16AMMT2NGWY0S4EVXP

#19881 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Didn't even know this store existed. Picked up a set too along with a GnR pinball Tshirt.

Why they don’t put the blue snubber parts up on the site is beyond me. I’ve called and emailed about those and about a couple of other things and only received one reply—which they did not follow up on after I responded with the info they requested. Some of us have gotten phenomenal customer service from JJP. Others of us, not so much.

#19945 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Touche. Lior kit dropped to $225 shipped, I have no use for this.

Bidding war in reverse! I think people are waiting for you both to have a crazy clearance sale!

Great discount on both sets—I’m sure you’ll both find buyers fast

#19987 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm running out of suggestions.
Check the connector wires in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/169#post-6237729
Ltg said right after that post above

This post referencing is next level. You get my vote for Official JJP GNR Archivist!

#19995 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea it’s a design and/or software issue. I placed a piece of drop dead ball foam down on just outskirts of where the ball lands which pretty much got rid of the issue for me. I still get a double letter about 1% of the time.
Hopefully they fix this with software. Otherwise, you can try to fix it like I did or just leave as is.

Sure, you could do that if you’ve got skills… or you can just accept any little gift this game gives you and know that on balance, it’s still taking more than its share and ain’t nothin’ wrong with incidental bonuses for most of us

#20058 2 years ago

Okay, I just got my Tibetan Breeze cooling kit installed and I have a couple of gripes.

1. They shipped really fast. Completely across the country and they were here in four days (over a weekend too). I was busy all week and so the box just mocked me until I finally got some free time
2. I have now played more than an hour on them, and while yes, I noticed that my flippers stayed crisp the entire time, I did not score appreciably higher than usual. I checked PinMonk ‘s site wording carefully, and he never explicitly states that they would make me a better player, so I probably don’t have a civil case against him, but I am disappointed. Does anyone make an implant or sell a pill that increases coordination and situational awareness at all?

In seriousness, easy flippin’ installation, great instructions, and I actually notice the difference—I honestly wasn’t sure I would. Placements are precise and integration into the power is really well designed. You can appreciate the work that went into this kit. How cool is it that someone focuses on making products to augment game performance rather than just look nifty?

I also got some nylon washers to protect the leg finishes, but one cannot put those on right away when a smooth flipping game is ready to go and promises not to fade… thanks Mr. Monk!

#20206 2 years ago

Some days you eat the bear… I just won Desert Demolition for the first time! I know it’s unpopular to play the album modes (unpopular for me too) but when I decided to try to enjoy without thinking about scoring, some of these things opened up to me. It’s a shame about the fork in the decision tree—songs and points or more of the game’s features—but I suppose you can have it both ways when you own the game, right?

Anyway, I suck and it’s the first of any of the album modes I’ve beaten, and that was fun!

Then I played Better, was up to a 30 million point jackpot, got down to one ball and one shot. I hit the shot and then trapped up to hit the scoop and get the hell out of there!

Only I didn’t. But I trapped up again. Five more times actually. And I could. Not. Hit. The. Scoop. I did have a good laugh at myself though

#20208 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Love this and great point. It’s fun! But damn. For how “rare” it is to actually beat it, you think you would earn a little more “for the effort” (in my best Bill Murray voice)

I was playing pinball with the Dalai Llama once. He didn’t buy the second round, but he told me that when I died, I’d be able to do the flutter pass. So I got that going for me.

#20211 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Record stickers just showed up. Now I won't feel bad poking a hole in mine to level the record.
[quoted image]

I was really glad when I had GNR Lies (though I wished that the acoustic version of You’re Crazy had been the album’s song on the machine) as my record, but it would be fun to change them out.

Which one you gonna go with?!!

#20239 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Barry? You aint gunna see. him no more... he's gone.. and thats that. Email ken holland.

That explains a lot… but they should deactivate his voicemail box. I did get an email back from his email account in late January. Guess they have someone checking it.

Ken was awesome a couple of days ago. I emailed him and he called me within literally 20 minutes, helped out, and went on his merry way. Guess who’s going to have a working magnet again one day soonish?

#20332 2 years ago

It has been so long since my magnet coil died (before the latest code update, even) that I am not even aware of when it’s supposed to catch a ball anymore. JJP got me a new coil today and I soldered it in, but only had time for one game. Never got a catch up there. Even when extra ball was lit and I hit the orbit. I didn’t pull the glass to test the coil yet (I needed something to do tomorrow anyway), but does it sound like I’ve still got something awry? Really I feel like at least the extra ball is reason enough to catch that loop shot!

#20336 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

How did you go about acquiring the new magnet coil? Was it covered under warranty ? Did you have to contact JJP directly or go through your distributor?
Cheers

I called and emailed JJP. A few times. Probably should have just harassed the disto. BUT, when I sent an email to sales@jjp I got a call back really quickly and they got the coil into the mail and to me within days. Not that I’m sure it’s working yet…

#20342 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think if you get the AXL rose patch it won't grab, maybe because you no longer would need the AXL lanes at that point?

Now that’s flipping interesting, man. Hilarious, on my single test game for my new magnet, the first patch I collect is the patch that turns off the thing I’m hoping to test. Ha!

Thanks! I’ll pull the glass and actually test it today anyway, then not collect the Rose patch so quickly in future games. So no more grabbing for the extra ball, huh?

#20365 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Cheers
Distro has one in the mail for me, have you retested yours without getting the ROSE patch yet ?

Sure did, all good in the hood now. I finally had a chance to remember that the magnet doesn’t always stop a solid loop shot. Slows it down, sometimes whips it back. Why does my TZ magnet never fail but this one can’t always grab on? No one knows, but it keeps things interesting!

#20373 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Can anyone remind me who sells the blue rubber nubs? I checked a few weeks back when they were sold out and forgot which site it was.

JJP finally added them to their parts selection. They show out of stock now; I just got four last week. Sold individually for 1.99, and while they don’t tell you how much shipping is when you check out for some reason, it was reasonable in the US. I got those plus a handful of other things and they charged maybe 6 bucks to send them along. Hope they come back in stock soon for you!

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/GNR-Parts/Snubber-Block-PN-25-100007-00.html

#20386 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The switch rating is printed on the casing. You have to unwrap the coil a bit to make it visible. But it would be interesting to know what they're using now.

Ask and ye shall (partially) receive. Since I just installed my new one, I opened up my old one—an August 2021 build. Here’s pics of what I had. Extra insulating tape really made this kind of a bear to get off. It wasn’t just a peel-and-see situation and I was worried I’d break the leads. So I don’t think I want to attempt to open up my new working one, but here’s a narrow window anyway…
465A98DE-B6AB-4688-8EF3-FCB68E421533 (resized).jpeg465A98DE-B6AB-4688-8EF3-FCB68E421533 (resized).jpeg61F690F6-41D5-4FA5-A459-774BB9DB8D85 (resized).jpeg61F690F6-41D5-4FA5-A459-774BB9DB8D85 (resized).jpegF8B44D50-FD47-4E0F-B6C8-45BC229AE17C (resized).jpegF8B44D50-FD47-4E0F-B6C8-45BC229AE17C (resized).jpeg

#20405 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Thanks, I messed with it a while... it was the top sensor in the shooter lane (for some reason I thought it was the physical switch at the top of the lane that denies you the skill shot). I basically did nothing to it but put a ball on it a few times and suddenly it was no longer failing self-test.
I know that sometimes JJP games will flag a switch if it hasn't been activated in a certain amount of time, but my aim of the skill shot is bad enough that I know I've hit each and every one of those sensors multiple times a day, whether they were the CORRECT one or not... so I guess this will remain a mystery for now and hopefully it will stay off.

I can never get my game perfectly level side to side and/or maybe the shooter rod isn’t dead center of the ball… anyway I think on mine, the sensors won’t always activate if the ball I plunge isn’t more or less in the center of those sensors. If I plunge one that goes as high as, say, the third sensor, but the ball has rolled left or right and is hugging a wall, it won’t register that one. Maybe that’s part of the issue. Anyone else notice that?

3 weeks later
#20745 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, let's be clear, I want the solo fix, the 1-2 sec grace period on guitar locks for power chords, the skull to stop obscuring jackpots at the exact wrong time, maybe a 1sec applause scoop grace period, the album mini-games more fun and less "interrupt-y" - all that.
But the underwear change to panties has to be made, or else change the picture to mens boxers, which makes even less sense.

100% agree with the code update wishlist—they should put you and Eskaybee on the payroll… but let’s get into the important stuff.

The lady of the house shoots dagger looks at me when I say “panties,” and always calls them underwear. I don’t have a horse in this race, but maybe it’s apparently a sexist thing of some sort perhaps these days maybe? Maybe Melissa refused to call them panties when she was recording for the game. I’m just ghost advocating here, I don’t have an opinion really. I just noticed this place is kind of a sausage fest and we may be missing something.

Really wouldn’t know, I’ve traditionally preferred women who don’t wear any.

There goes my chance to be president one day, just for a clunker of a joke. Worth it!

#20747 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I get her preference, but just grammatically it makes no sense.
Underwear is a blanket word for bra, panties, T-shirt, briefs, thongs, boxers, etc, each of which are a member of the underwear "group." Panties are also asexual as they are specifically female, and the drawing is absolutely for a women, not unisex or men's underwear. "Bra and underwear" as a set sounds wrong/redundant since bras ARE underwear also.

Technically, you are correct, and that is the best kind of correct! I guess they’re most specifically “bikini briefs,” but alliterative as it is, it doesn’t roll off the tongue. If brevity weren’t an issue, I’d suggest “unmentionables,” a term I find delightful in its paradoxical calling out of something it purports to keep quiet about. And in lieu of “bra,” my 11-year old self wants to hear “over the shoulder boulder holder.”

In the end, “bra and panties” is the phrase most popular for these particular undergarments for the last 50 years, so I’ll join your camp. JJP isn’t here to shift paradigms in verbiage.

#20759 2 years ago
Quoted from pokerag2:

Can someone do me a favor and post a photo or two of how the wires are hooked up on the back of the start button? Thanks.

Hope this helps. Tried to get decent angles and make the wire layout clear while still being lazy and not opening it up

4A6BB953-AA25-445E-BD7D-3F296EACAB89 (resized).jpeg4A6BB953-AA25-445E-BD7D-3F296EACAB89 (resized).jpeg6CF8665A-96E4-4AFD-B867-E144E4DCE316 (resized).jpeg6CF8665A-96E4-4AFD-B867-E144E4DCE316 (resized).jpeg9D1683DF-45EA-46D6-8525-9684DE5FE065 (resized).jpeg9D1683DF-45EA-46D6-8525-9684DE5FE065 (resized).jpeg
#20780 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It looks like a lot of steps but it can be done in under 30 minutes. This method for replacing the snubber rubber is considerably faster than following the instructions for the cliffy, mainly because you don’t have to remove all the screws completely, or cut any wire ties, or unplug any wire connections. You also don’t need to get under the playfield at all. Just lift it out to a normal service position.
Have your 1/4” and 11/32” nut drivers, a small or thin 8mm wrench and mircofiber or other cloth ready.
DISASSEMBLY
- Remove the bass guitar wire form (11/32”)
- Remove the Axl statue (11/32”)
- Remove the screw under the Axl statue (1/4”)
- Completely loosen (no need to remove) the screw on the guitar head super lock (1/4”)
- Completely loosen (no need to remove) the other 2 screws on the upper playfield - one near the back by VUK and one near the side corner. (1/4”)
(* just un-threading completely and not removing those screws all the way saves a TON of time, aggravation and headache trying to fish them back down into their locations)
- Carefully and slightly lift upper playfield just enough to not snag or break wires. You just need enough room to get a nut driver down to the 3 nuts (11/32”) on the metal guide that's on top of the plastic under the guitar head super lock and the one 11/32” nut on the gate that connects to the plastic. You’ll likely want to angle the guitar head of it just a little bit towards the bass side of the game for best clearance.
You’ll find the sweet spot if you have your nut driver ready and you can maneuver the upper playfield a little to reach all the nuts as you go if necessary but I was able to reach it all where I had it resting.
- Stick a microfiber cloth under the upper playfield to rest it gently on whatever it's now situated on top of.
[quoted image]
- Loosen the one nut (11/32”) on the right side of the gate
- Remove the other nut (11/32") on the left side of the gate that's connected to the plastic under guitar head.
- Lift the end of the gate off the plastic, swing it out of the way
[quoted image]
- Remove the 2 nuts (11/32”) under the guitar head super lock that's holding the metal guide and plastic underneath.
[quoted image]
- Remove the metal guide
- Remove plastic underneath
- Remove scoop.
Congrats - You're in.
[quoted image]
- Use an 8mm wrench to get the snubber rubber nuts off.
- Pull off the plate holding the rubber to the studs.
- Replace snubber rubbers, replace plates, replace nuts on studs.
Snubber Rubber replacement complete.
REASSEMBLY
- Replace the scoop (adjust angle during this step if you're getting too many STDM balls)
- Replace the plastic
- Replace the metal guide
- Swing the gate back over top of the plastic.
- Tighten all 3 of the 11/32” nuts on the plastic, and the one 11/32” nut loosened on the other side of the gate so you could lift and swing it out of the way.
- Carefully manipulate upper playfield back into place.
- Tighten all 4 screws (1/4”)
- Replace Axl statue (11/32”)
- Replace bass wireform (11/32”)
[quoted image]

Time to re-up and thank sevenrites for this excellent guide to replacing the scoop snubber rubbers. It may not be taking me 30 minutes since I found some problematic posts digging into my playfield, but I’ll get though all that soon enough and have everything back together in a bit. The rubbers are replaced anyway!

Love this forum full of helpful-arsed people!

#20850 2 years ago

Thanks to the fella whose name I don’t remember (sorry) who originally brought it to my attention in this forum, and to PinMonk for reminding me about it a few weeks back. We have a nice little dust cover to keep the cat prints from miffing me. We decided a little collage would be nice, mainly because we couldn’t decide on one anyway.

Sure do wish they were just a couple of inches longer! But they do the trick and look nice. We have a few more on order for the other pins but GNR came first!

42CA2618-23B9-4134-8E6B-33A27B7A9DF7 (resized).jpeg42CA2618-23B9-4134-8E6B-33A27B7A9DF7 (resized).jpeg
#20854 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, about 3 more inches would be PERFECT, but as it is, for $15 total, shipped with the code, it's "good enough" and you get pretty much whatever print you want on there.

Exactly. For anyone interested, it’s collage.com. Choose the baby blanket (30x40 inches), and it’s exceedingly easy to upload your design. I didn’t have a code, but I made an account a few weeks back so I could save a few designs, and last week they sent a promo email for a free baby blanket, shipping was $15. I imagine they run this promo fairly often. So when they sent it, we already had three blankets designed and ready to go, but we had to do separate orders to get the deal on each one. Came pretty fast too, just a week even though they said it was gonna be a few weeks (3-6 I believe). Nice looking dust and print protection!

#20884 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As long as the Slash post isn't in the way, it's really more mental than anything. The shot itself is pretty easy, but all the crap the ball has to pass on the way to the rollover and how far it has to travel can psych you out. A lot like the left ramp shot on Iron Maiden. Mental more than actually hard.

I have a tough time with that straight shot up for the EB, and i thought it was because it’s a difficult shot… but you’ve never steered me wrong before.

Jeez now I need a sports psychologist for pinball

#20893 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Thanks. I have the felt leg protectors on right now but know what you mean about the instability. Don't think they will be on long.
Dont have the Lior stuff. I do have the SVEN stage kit and the Mezel Mods one. Like the SVEN better so will probably move the Mezel ones along.
Both PinMonk kits await (plus badge plus air drain) as well as PinWoofer and topper.
Waiting for the pinballmodz "monkey" kit and Hyperlytes.
Starting to feel like those guys with the neon under their cars back in the 90s.

Yeah, this machine was made for pimping out, to use one of those terms the 90’s guys with neon under their cars liked to use. It’s a big experience and invites near-gaudy accessories. As long as you don’t put LEDs behind 22-inch rims on a Sunfire, you haven’t gone too far. GNR is a muscle car, it’s in character to take the show up another notch.

Congrats on receiving your game! FYI, it took me months to get semi good at it. But you’ll love every minute of sucking along the way

#20900 2 years ago
Quoted from barndoor:

Re the magnet, I do not know but would hope someone in this forum knows the answer to this.
Re the guitar lock, can you push it down with your finger? If it doesn't go down or only goes down part way, then perhaps your coil is fried. That just happened to me and the coil sleeve melted, hence the reason the lock wouldn't go down all the way. Solution ended up being replacing the coil, sleeve, as well as the main communications board in the head unit. Suggest submitting a help desk ticket w JJP.

Quoted from barndoor:

Re the magnet, I do not know but would hope someone in this forum knows the answer to this.
Re the guitar lock, can you push it down with your finger? If it doesn't go down or only goes down part way, then perhaps your coil is fried. That just happened to me and the coil sleeve melted, hence the reason the lock wouldn't go down all the way. Solution ended up being replacing the coil, sleeve, as well as the main communications board in the head unit. Suggest submitting a help desk ticket w JJP.

Also WizardsCastle
Another thought on the guitar lock—if you are talking about the two pointy releases at the end of the headstock, I’ve witnessed two machines where the drilled holes in the playfield and the headstock do not line up very well with the metal bracket and plunger part of the pointy release rods. Friction at best, full-on seizing of the rod at worst. You should be able to push them down with your finger, no problem. If you can’t, or if you do and they don’t pop back up on your own, that’s your issue.

2 weeks later
#21129 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Just got my Hyperlytes in last night from DJP and installed them. These things are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I thought they’d look good but they exceeded all my expectations. The light show is incredible, even just staring at the machine on jukebox mode now is so cool. Super easy instal, plug and play, and worked perfect out of the box. This was one of the things I was most jealous from CE owners. If you’re waiting on some get ready because they’re awesome. Thanks deejaypee for making these a reality for unskilled people like me. Here’s a couple of photos but my camera is terrible and does not do it justice, you may want to watch the video in the link.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you RoadQueen for the kind words! It is super exciting to see another set finally out in the world—thanks for being number 1 on the preorder list. Isn’t the spotlight intro 10 times cooler with the lights behind it?

Getting to the rest of you soon—exactly one of my boxes of parts is hung up in customs, and I’m working on figuring it out. It seems like the supplier didn’t want to pay the import duties. Bleedin’ me dry. If Axl reads this, hope he writes a song by that title…

#21130 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not that hard as I remember it. I've only done on a JJP once...ONCE.

Fargin’ ice holes. Roman Maroni has been butchering people and the English language for far too long…

Couldn’t resist. One of my favorite movies from my youth. We can discuss it in the Johnny Dangerously as a pin theme thread later

2 weeks later
#21328 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Happy weekend Gunners! You want balance? We’ve had it all along. Huge shout out and thanks to MikeS for working together with this.
You want big album mode scores, we got it. You want minimized multiballs, we got it! GNR settings are mostly set to extra easy, So let the settings tuning begin! - feel free to provide feedback or input as not all of this is 100% accurate.
• album mode scoring - change adjustment “time needed to qualify album”: default is 180 secs. Change to 30 secs.
What’s this do? This will substantially increase your album mode score level. I just played a live and let die encore followed by a partial November rain and cashed out. My desert demolition mode level was 71 and I didn’t have all 4 album patches (just the UYI1)
• booster multiball difficulty: increase lights, crowd, and pyro difficulty +1.
What’s this do? Reduces the amount of multiballs, especially the sporadic rando ones. This will increase difficulty of the game, especially pyro and crowd multiball.
• max ball song saver: default is 60. Recommend lowering to 30.
• Applause time: default is 15. Recommend increasing to 30.
What’s this do? This makes up for substantially reducing the max ball saver. This will light applause jackpot sooner cutting down ball times and giving better chances of hitting it to move on.
GNR mystery spellout: default is 8. Recommend changing to 10 to reduce random mystery songs.
• super lockout timer: default is 15. Recommend increasing to 20-25
What’s this do? Increases the timer of how long balls stay locked in the powerchord before releasing. This will allow for more planting of balls reducing the amount of multiball chaos in front of flippers. Tip: new locked balls or hitting the Duff scoop will reset the timer.
• Individual songs difficulty: there’s a difficulty setting for each song, well most - night train shows up twice (bug?) and one or two aren’t there. These are default to 1, extra easy, out of about 8 (hardest).
Recommendation: i found the sweet spot to be between 2-4 - with most at 2. I’ve played with all sorts of settings and I did increase the higher scoring songs (estranged mainly) to 7 or 8.
What’s this do? It effects multiple aspects. One; it increases the # of shots to light the green scoop and move to the next wave. As such, this decreases your shots because you’ll be leveling up the song slower so youe final song jackpot will be lower. At difficulty 2-3 it won’t affect it too much. It’s at the higher 4+ difficulty that it really affects the jackpot values.
Additionally, this will reduce multiball chaos as you won’t be adding balls as often. I’ve tried the difficulty near max and found that it significantly slows the game down too much and found just a small bump in difficulty gave a good balance of scoring and challenge while keeping it fun.
Enjoy mofo’s!

Sir, the depth to which you study this game is an inspiration to us all, and I put it to the community to posit a title for you. I suggest adjectives such as “Grand,” “Senior Executive,” “Master,” and “Great Imperial” coupled with nouns such as “GnF’in’ Genius,” “Honored Scholar,” and “Flipper God.” It can’t be left to me; my first thought was “Dedicated Number One Helper Guy.” I’m terrible at this.

Seriously, we’ve all learned a ton through your research, insights, and willingness to geek experimental on the game, and you deserve a title as well as our thanks.

My only question is: what are you neglecting in the world to bring us all of your hard-won knowledge?

#21343 2 years ago

Scorbit has always worked fine for me. I mainly like it because of the challenges. Make friends on this forum and throw them a score… or don’t make friends and do it. People here are pretty game and you get some nice back and forths. I think it’s a fun way to encourage more playing and improve. Not that I’ve done a lot of improving lately, myself…

#21372 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Heh, I usually like my games at or above 7.0. But this GNR is playing so damn well at a low pitch.

Does anyone have some knowledge as to why the pitch is different at different parts of the playfield? I set my GNR to fooflighter ’s recommendation (I think it was 6.5 at the flippers) and seem to remember his acknowledging that it was 6.3 in the middle of the PF, or maybe vice versa, and I found that to be true, and also that the pitch made my game play much better.m (thanks!) I was curious and checked a couple of other games and found the same thing—that the pitch was slightly different at different parts of the playfield. Seems like it should be a plank, straight and the same all the way down, right? Someone must have some know-why… and I’m curious.

#21373 2 years ago

fooflighter Mar3nBu okgrak and others: Thank you all so much for the kind words. I’m stoked that you’re all happy with the Hyperlytes. I’ll get them into the store soon but my ride or die preorder people gave me the confidence (and the impetus) to get a good design and build done. I’m super grateful. You didn’t even really know exactly what you were getting into and I hope I’ve rewarded your backing properly. Y’all the bomb.

One more reminder that I stood on the backs of daveyvandy and brerspidur to get my stuff going and salute them—and PinMonk gave me so much great advice that I’ll never be able to pay him back. This community is amazing and I dare say that more than 50% of my love for pinball is the people.

Enough of this sap drivel. I’ve got boxes to pack. We’re moving. Great news—I’m gonna have a little pinball basement! Less exciting, I’m recalling how dang heavy this GNR is. If I’m ever destitute I’m melting it down, I’m pretty sure the core is gold.

#21442 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, no. I'm ALL for improving the hardware to better manage coil heat. Said that all along. Fade will never fully go away because it's part and parcel with the physics of coils, and you still need that hard pulse to energize coils every flip which over time that will still generate residual heat and fade.
But Stern has shown the way to better coil heat management with their Spike2 system microsecond duty cycles in HOLD that keep the heat from rising more than a few degrees even if the coil is constantly held for 30 minutes (the longest I tried it straight). They should have won a design TWIPY for this. It really is magical, and until I measured it and found out the coils were essentially temp stable in constant hold, no one seemed to know it was there. Huge props to whoever at Stern designed this little corner of Spike2 hardware. NONE of the other pinball manufacturers have hardware that can do sub-1ms duty cycles, even the newest board Ben made that Spooky's using. ALL of them should be looking at implementing this ASAP. It's IDEAL for trap players in tournament, because no matter how much they trap, that doesn't affect coil heat. On everyone else's hardware, excessive trap play is coil death in tournaments.
All of that said, I have heard a JJP driver board redesign may be in the works. Dunno if it's just a cost reduction or what, but I SINCERELY hope they end up with a circuit that can finally do sub-1ms duty cycles for coils. And it's not just for flippers. That addition would have completely eliminated the overheating of the diverter coil on GnR that's almost constantly in hold.

That’s why I love this forum. Repair help, strategy talk, mod show-and-tell, a little commiserating, and when you’re not careful, you get to learn a lot about design improvement from smart people. The passion, excitement, and depth here is really outstanding.

—anonymous appreciator

Oh wait, my screen name’s gonna be on the post oh forget it I’ve already typed it all

#21462 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’d buy one. Why not.

Why even wait for another run? I have enough materials left for about 20 more sets, several ready to ship out now. They’re pretty awesome! At least, I’ve gotten loads of very happy feedback and I feel confident anyone will be quite pleased with this enhancement

https://cheapdrainz.com/products/gnr-hyperlytes

#21467 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Dang, no doubt. I thought I checked last week and it was sold out. I may be mistaken. I finally had the compulsive desire to buy a set.
EDIT: done deal. Thanks!

Awesome, thank you! I was being real deliberate about putting them in the store so I could take care of preorders first and get some of the building out of the way.

Pablouk sent you a note sir

#21496 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

How long did it take you ship? 45 Minutes? I got it today. Silly fast. I think I'm going to install it tomorrow while the kids nap.

That was just for you! Glad they made it safe and sound and I’m looking forward to hearing what you think. Remember, any issues or questions during installation, give me a shout! My number is on the instruction page. Enjoy!

#21499 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

They exactly mirror the hot rails, so yes.

And of course, jukebox mode too.

#21538 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I did not know that's what qualified an eb during a song! I always assumed it was a timer or points thing.
Thanks!

To add to Eskaybee ’s always excellent encyclopedic knowledge, it’s easy to tell when you’ve nailed those inlanes enough to cash out and land an extra ball. When a song starts, the topmost letter of each inlane is white. When a ball rolls through, the white light transfers down a peg. And again with the next roll through. When you look down at the inlanes during a song and none of the letters are white anymore, you’ll have an extra ball lit… if you successfully cash out.

1 week later
#21648 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Also I'm not sure exactly how it works but if you're not in a song and you're locking balls it will release them sometimes and up on the big screen you'll see it say what ball that is.. ie. fourth ball locked or fifth ball locked ..even though there's not five balls in the guitar lock It's a virtual lock. Somebody can explain why this happens but my initial guess is it's because you need balls in the trough to feed for the multi-balls? I'm fuzzy on this logic

maybe because it’s more fun to not know where the next ball is coming from? I never really thought about it because it hasn’t screwed me over. I keep count!

#21660 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I think I tracked down the issue with Headphone distoration. My first clue was switching to Bluetooth headphones, which removes the amp stage from the equation. There was still very noticeable heavy clipping, especially of the bass FX sound (most especially, the Jet hits).
IMHO, the stock settings for various sounds are too high. I lowered the stock 75 settings to the 50-55 range, then bumped the music setting to around 70. This dramatically lowered the clipping, and the headphones sound 80% better. I'll experiment a bit more with even more lowering. This has a huge impact on the overall sound quality, honestly. No idea how the sounds combine in the ADCs (root quadrature, maybe?), but with everything set at 75, it was clearly too much for the audio CODECs.

Thanks for posting about this. I know I’ve fiddled with levels and mixes and I’ve had a few “almost there” moments but then I fiddle more and lose my track. Being methodical helps. After I installed a pinwoofer I stopped fiddling and did too much knob turning. I’m not in a bad place but I can do better and you’ve inspired me!

2 weeks later
#21804 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Officially in the club! Has anyone successfully paired air pod max headphones to the game?

I’ve failed with regular AirPods and pro’s… I don’t think I’ve heard any success stories with Apple wireless. Maybe you’ll be the first!

#21872 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Project almost complete, dialing in still to go. Wasn’t sure about the blue, but looks completely bad ass. Hard to appreciate via pics. This game F’n rocks, my lady can’t leave it alone!!
Cheers to Robertstone0407, another quality job once again!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not a lot of people have the patience to take a darn purty game apart and send things off for powder coating before even playing a ball. You’re a rare breed but that looks beautiful man!

#21891 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Guys,
Im gonna ask a stupid, and seemngly inflammatory question.
I'm debating on a gnr le. I've owned dialed in, hobbit and woz in the past. Where, non baisedly, does this stack up against them, in your opinion? Is this still a game you enjoy if you've owned it a while. I'm getting nervous by the tons of people selling and dont wan't to make a mistake.

I’ve owned none of those games but I have some decent time on two of them. The more I think about it, the sillier it seems to compare them anyway. On a lot of games, I’m always worried about getting further in the story, or getting to a certain mode—that’s the jam. This one, I just take JJP’s word for it and pretend I’m running a concert, getting ready for and playing songs. After watching Karl play, I tried to get bomb scores, but I wasn’t enjoying myself. Now I just play the show and have a ton of fun doing it, and sometimes pretty good scores come as a matter of course.

There is a wizard mode that I might focus on getting to one day, but I still just like getting on and jamming most of the time. Nice to know that goal is there though. It’s just not like other games where that wizard mode is lording over you and you know you’ve got to get there to say you “beat” it.

Bottom line for me—it’s fun, it’s adrenaline, it’s got shots I really enjoy hitting. Come on over and play it if you wanna see if it’s for you—surely your routines bring you through Raleigh regularly

#21898 1 year ago
Quoted from Hasse:

I have been waiting for the next jjp before deciding what game to buy next.
Guess it will be a GNR after all. Not very impressed by TS.
How close are we to 5000 LE’s? Can I wait for some reviews or is it time to make my order?

You sound almost defeated into going for GNR! I agree, TS not terribly exciting looking. I’m sure it’ll be fun, I love me some Lawlor, but the theme and (from the vids I’ve seen) sounds aren’t exciting me much.

Last I heard they were around 4,000 units I think, but also that they’re off the line for now (for obvious reasons). I feel like there are enough waiting around for owners anyway. For that I have I my anecdotal data, no science there! Someone here will correct me if I’m errant. But I think you can feel safe waiting around and seeing if the spirit moves you differently.

#21900 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nothing some Hyperlytes can't help. I was very glad to see hot rails in TS. I just hope the programming for them is better than what's been shown so far.

For sure! I’m betting the modes get some pretty dynamic treatment—that’s an unmissable opportunity. Cool light shows so obviously go hand in hand with music, I was wondering how well they could do with a nonmusic themed pin. I have only watched a few minutes of TS but I wasn’t feeling it with the toyed-out Randy Newman. Hurry-ups and multiballs might provide some better accompaniment.

And yes, I was studying those rails

1 month later
#22285 1 year ago

Looks like I have an issue with the right side hot rail. I noticed it was stuck all red after a game ended. I cycled the power and now it’s stuck half lit and multicolored even during a boot up sequence when all other lights are off. It won’t change at all. Since all the LEDs were on red prior to this, I’m thinking it could be a board issue not the hot rail itself. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

You’ve got a spotty data connection. Lift the playfield and near the bottom left there’s a board with two 3-wire connectors coming out straight towards you. Try reseating those—they shake a little loose sometimes and the connection gets iffy. Betcha it works! I’ll try to upload a pic here in a minute

#22296 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

yeah… I got distracted. But thanks RA77 for coming with the assist!

#22297 1 year ago

This fixed my issue. Unplugging and reseating worked. Just an FYI, if you switch the two molex connectors, your right side hot rail will only light up 2/3rds the full length. At least that was what I was initially seeing.

As others said, right rail is 62 LEDs while the left is 42, so flipping those connectors will do that. The pins in those connectors will shake loose sometimes. Fun fact, those pins are rated by the manufacturer to stay firm for around 30-40 plug/unplugs, so don’t keep flopping them around just for fun. I don’t know why I bother with these pointless public service announcements. If you’re into repeatedly unplugging and replugging connectors, just enjoy yourself.

#22323 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I've installed these on several of my games. You can find my detailed review in the mods subforum.

Just to make it easy for those interested, here’s the post from DiabloRush on the precision flips. Man I am tempted. But also I need to not spend so much of the funds on pinball. Thanks for taking the time DR!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system#post-7031292

#22326 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Most welcome. I'm a bit surprised at all the heat I'm getting. Yes, I'm very positive about this system. I think it's warranted. I tried to remain factual in my reviews. I'm looking forward to others trying these out and their impressions.

Don’t take the haters too seriously. Most of us appreciate the thought you put into it and don’t suspect you of being a paid actor! As I was reading, I admit I kept hoping you’d come to a “but” or “although” and have a little constructive criticism for the things… I sensed what was coming

As for me, you’ve pushed me a little higher on the “interested” scale. I’m intrigued by trying out the different feel and a couple of the features but I’m reminding myself that I’m not unhappy with flippers or the way any of my games play. Maybe I’ll put a set on my Christmas list and see if Santa brings me a set to try out.

Thanks again for taking the plunge and the time to contribute your thoughts!

4 weeks later
#22663 1 year ago

You tend to overlook some of the excellent touches on this game once you’ve been playing it for a while. Our 13-year old has suddenly gotten into it—out of nowhere—and I was sitting on the couch behind him when I heard the computer beep jingle signaling the start of SHALL WE PLAY A GAME? I instinctively looked up in time to see the screen go black and his hands go up to his head… he spins around in a total panic and says “I don’t know what I did! I didn’t mean to!”

And that’s friggin’ funny. Now he’s proudly telling everyone that he accessed a secret mode in the game lol

1 year later
#26396 6 months ago

To the chorus: an equalizer. I was a little disappointed BUT. I’d never really been able to get my setup with pinwoofer to where I liked it all the time. If I had regular game mode good, the music would sound not great. If I had the music amazing, something would be too loud/soft/booming in the pre song. I have to say that I took the “arcade” equalizer preset and tweaked it a little, and suddenly the work I do on sfx and callout volumes seems to be consistent throughout the game. In short, I’m loving the sound like crazy now.

So Slash solo still sucks my life, and I can’t press a button for my friends to just be able to play songs and enjoy flipping…. but it’s a nice improvement!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deejaypee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=deejaypee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.