IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dashmonster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1448 3 years ago

External subs will not work for me.

DDDF4605-FD6A-4E27-B934-67FD9871242E (resized).pngDDDF4605-FD6A-4E27-B934-67FD9871242E (resized).png
2 months later
#4155 3 years ago

Just got the call from my distro... LE is ready to ship tomorrow! I can’t stand it I’m so excited for this game to get here. Merry Christmas to me 2020 is ending on a good note!

2 weeks later
#4535 3 years ago

I was a day 2 order and my game is being delivered today! Can’t wait! It’s sounding like maybe ordering through my distro was a good call as I assume the other day 2 orders were JJP direct and still waiting? I only had to put 1k down for a spot and was well informed on delivery timing. Although maybe he was blowing smoke up my ass after reading this thread. I hope JJP keeps supporting distributors like this and not going to a direct sales model

#4599 3 years ago

First game on LE. Played for about 5 minutes and collected all band members and started a song. Machine went power off like it’s blown a fuse. Can’t find anything obvious loose...where should I start?

#4601 3 years ago

If I turn the switch on and off there is a low hum but no power to anything else. Called JJP and left a message

#4603 3 years ago

Eureka! Thanks Steve and Barry for the quick help. Turns out the power supply cord wiggled it’s bugger self loose in shipping. Funny it let me play two balls first before going TU. So happy this was an easy fix! JJP support is the best.

#4622 3 years ago

These came in the goodie package... I think the Mylar is for in front of the flippers? Plastic caps I have no idea

FCD7EA01-EB7F-4FB7-BC5C-9900FAAF3D43 (resized).jpegFCD7EA01-EB7F-4FB7-BC5C-9900FAAF3D43 (resized).jpeg
#4634 3 years ago

I will never get work done again.

B2CC256B-A50D-4FBD-90A1-84FCE3192A21 (resized).jpegB2CC256B-A50D-4FBD-90A1-84FCE3192A21 (resized).jpeg
#4650 3 years ago

I put my external sub, and game on this outlet so I can control it together and also surge protect.

63A20E43-BD6A-42F7-8373-8FEFF13F2F4C (resized).png63A20E43-BD6A-42F7-8373-8FEFF13F2F4C (resized).png
#4703 3 years ago

75 Plays on my LE and the playfield is flawless. I looked at it closely and cleaned/waxed it today. She’s a beautiful machine. With all the balls flying around I imagine we will have to do this often. I played my woz for awhile today and it seems like slow motion now haha. Going to order some ninja balls right away as the stock balls are dull. Also a titan set on standby is a must. I appreciate how the invisaglass channels are tight in this game and there is zero speaker rattle with the bass/shaker unlike my MBrm.

#4834 3 years ago

I cannot find sabian cymbal stickers small enough anywhere so maybe someone can shrink this down and sell me some (hint hint). I am loving this little touch. Btw I love seeing pics of people getting there beautiful CE games. But I’m not jealous cause I love putting cool mods on my games to make them my own. If you start putting stickers on your CE you might be crazy.

#4978 3 years ago

Just noticed the coma ball lock artwork is on the LE. So when someone is ready to receive my apron for this mod PM me.

07428074-632A-4DB3-8D61-6B05B93EE9BE (resized).jpeg07428074-632A-4DB3-8D61-6B05B93EE9BE (resized).jpeg
#5153 3 years ago

Leaf switch that needs to be gapped. I heard there was a tool for that but I did one the other day with a small flat head screw driver. Carefully of course

#5191 3 years ago

Good morning precious

CA6A8908-D267-4DDF-BFE0-ABD5681957FD (resized).jpegCA6A8908-D267-4DDF-BFE0-ABD5681957FD (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5562 3 years ago

No way Toy Story is as big of a hit as GNR. And if the prices stay up JJP may lose sales to Godzilla. Unless of course Stern raises prices as well in which case we are all going to feel it. The price will not come down EVER and you are going to see all things get more expensive.

1 week later
#5768 3 years ago

Would love it if future code incorporated the action button into gameplay some more. Looking up at the screen to hit pyro while trying to manage several balls is awesome! This game has SO much potential in an already incredible package.

#6048 3 years ago

After putting in a solid dozen games on my GnR LE I fired up the old MBr and KILLED it. This game really makes me play better. I think partly because of the multi ball play but I also believe I am distracted from the flippers by the concert on screen as well as trying to make crucial shots on upper play field while maintaining 2-3 other targets. Woz is still kicking my ass tonight though so overall I suck

1 week later
#6350 3 years ago

How do I know if my magnet fails? Is there a diagnostic at game start up that shows this? Or are we just noticing it not working anymore

#6362 3 years ago

I am seeing more and more flipper fade. Maybe I’m getting better at playing 6 balls at a time. Thinking the coil fans are an inevitable purchase for better longer game times. If I lock a ball and let the game rest awhile will this help?

#6369 3 years ago

Hopefully JJP takes advantage of WiFi code updates and adds a TON of content to GnR. If they tuned up the wizard modes code and even trickled a new song or two into the game they would sell every LE they make. How much would you pay for new songs? Slippery slope I know but I admit I would pay for records in my jukebox

#6436 3 years ago

Are the fans quiet? I am a buyer regardless as I am noticing this more and more as we play. I think in the beginning I was just flailing around trying to keep the balls in play. Now I trap up more. But if the game just sits it would be nice if the fans were on a thermostat.

#6544 3 years ago

I have had my LE since December and have had NO issues thus far. I have not had to make any adjustments whatsoever for STDM problems. My playfield is flawless now after 200+ plays. Magnet works and stock sound (plus external sub) is fantastic. Surely the pinball Gods are shining down on me but I just wanted people to not lose hope that their JJP games will work right out of the box.

#6651 3 years ago

At what points during the game is my picture being taken? My leaderboard seems like a bunch of shots of my goofy ass expression. And one of me banging the wife on the glass lol

1 week later
#7185 3 years ago

Did the update from 1.14 to 1.18 via WiFi quickly with no issues. Did notice the missing wood block on the left side of the cabinet rail. I believe I will use my woodworking skills to rectify this minor issue. So far plays good on this code.

1 week later
#7638 3 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with flippers sticking? My right flipper sticks all of the sudden and I can’t find any obvious reason why.

#7640 3 years ago

Feels like it’s binding at the very end of extension.
Spring is good

#7642 3 years ago

Fantastic video JJP and thank you zaphX for the share! Turns out there was no up and down flipper gap. Compared to the left it was tight as shit with no play. Loosened it up and gapped it properly and we are back in business.

#7645 3 years ago

I def need to get one of those leaf adjustment tools! But all is well now

#7646 3 years ago

It’s 1/2 the reason I love this hobby. Mechanical things are uniquely satisfying to troubleshoot and maintain. The almost instant help on this site is invaluable and MUCH appreciated. Side question. Should a guy keep a few coil sleeves on hand in case one burns up on this game? I would hate to ruin the weekend play because of something like that. I have a complete set of rubbers but what else?

#7770 3 years ago

I actually like my spaghetti incident decal as it is the only connection to that album in the game. With that being said I would PAY for future extra content in this game. Clearly the modes need polish and I expect that to develop with time but how much would you pay for an additional 5 song set in this game?

#7784 3 years ago

I really don’t expect to see additional songs in new code updates. I paid for what I have and really only expect finished game modes. I would love it if JJP staff passionately uploaded new songs but some how I doubt it. Like it or not pay for upgrades are already here. 1k toppers and stranger things decoder rings have set the standard and I don’t think I’m letting the cat out of the bag. JJP knows they have a masterpiece with GnR and there is NO mod out there that would be better than more songs imo. 5 songs for $500 would be awesome! Lior already costing me way more than that lol

#7806 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

You don't need more songs; you need more Ritalin.

Claws out on the pinside thought police! Sorry I ruffled your feathers with this edgy conversation. Pretty offensive comment toward anyone with a mental illness but hey I will just shut up and go to my safe space. #pinsiderspounce

4 weeks later
#8940 2 years ago

Not sure where this cliffy goes... so far overall cliffy installation for me was easier than I expected. The upper playfield removal was super easy and other than having to dremel a tiny bit on the scoop protector it’s all installed. Other than this bit

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8942 2 years ago

thank you!!!

#9060 2 years ago

Went with the soft white (amber) LED strips. The artwork is fantastic and too bad JJP didn’t light it up for shit. Oh well that’s the cheapest mod there ever was and well worth it especially running the jukebox IMO.

15E6968E-C6BB-4973-99A5-BE7236F1A73A (resized).jpeg15E6968E-C6BB-4973-99A5-BE7236F1A73A (resized).jpeg
#9069 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Could you show where you connected your strips and where , thank you much.
Looks great

Cut the plug for the old LED and spliced in two 6 foot fixtures from amazon

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9114 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Isn’t a wire tap needed or connector?

Just a cut and splice anyone with a man card should be able to handle. I thought twice about cutting out the factory lights but this machine is bolted to the floor anyways so I don’t really care about selling it to this crowd

#9116 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Did you install 12v light strips? I ask because I think they also come in 6v.
Any reflection on the glass caused by this?

I installed 12 feet of 12v LEDs and I don’t really notice a glare on the invisiglass. The light show is so bright anyways I don’t think it’s a deterrent to seeing the artwork in full detail

#9201 2 years ago

I fly RC planes and I can tell you that you def get what you pay for in servo brand. I think they all are made in China but the hobby zone ones are light years better than others and will last along time

#9207 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm glad you're here as I have many questions!
Is there one brand that is known to be super high end and reliable?
Is there such a thing as "magnetic" servos that don't have gears?

Spectrum servos IMO are the best you can buy and metal gears are the high end of any brand. That being said there is no reason to put a $200+ dollar servo in this game. When you are trying to move the elevator of a 100lb model aircraft diving from altitude going 70mph then maybe. Be aware of physical dimensions for replacements as not all servos are the same. I am unaware of magnetic servos but my experience only spans aircraft and now pinball. I haven’t had any issues with my GNR servos but I have a box of extras ready to go

1 week later
#9504 2 years ago

No way Led Zeppelin is number 1 on pinside. I played that game in Seattle the other day and I was unimpressed. After the dust settles I would be surprised if it made top 50. GNR will be in the top 5 forever IMO.

#9577 2 years ago

Can someone enlighten us on what exact moment the game takes your picture? So many pics of me staring at my dick lol I can’t figure it out

#9619 2 years ago

Ok I have a method of figuring out the timing of this GnR camera. I wear three different colored hats one for each ball. Then as I’m playing I will rotate the hats 90deg at different moments. I started and after 1 game had to shut her down for school night. So far the results are first pic is sometime during ball 1. Slash/vip pic is on ball three

#9624 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

VIP pic is when you enter your initials and hit the Action button on
I throw up horns all the time

Nice! Half way there

2 years later
#26290 6 months ago

NOTHING new in 2.0 unless your dream was to use a QR code to configure your WiFi. Meh big file bigger letdown

#26292 6 months ago

I just played a couple games on her and I can’t see any changes to code. Slash solo is definitely still the same. Plenty of MB modes to keep me busy. And no obvious tweaks to scoring. Still a great game I will never part with just a let down after a long wait thinking they were going to polish the code out. It would have been EPIC to see a new song!

#26308 6 months ago

Mine went smooth

2 weeks later
#26484 6 months ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Got my halos installed today

Curious did you go with the new bracket system with keyed shafts? I just did mine without the extra kit and I wish I wouldn’t have. Like he says in the thread newer JJP games clamps have really cheap metal and squeeze to deformity. I am going to order the new style brackets for GnR when I order the kit for WoZ but in the mean time I made my own keys and they seem to be working pretty good in the old clamps
IMG_4897 (resized).jpegIMG_4897 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#26894 4 months ago

Do I have to remove the whole upper playfield to replace this broken rubber?

#26897 4 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

No, but you will have some work involved. You can use the snubber replacement method to get access.

Thank you sir I was struggling to find the search criteria to find the steps you so eloquently wrote. Snubber rubber is now in my vocabulary lol

#26916 4 months ago

Had a couple sensitive switches that needed adjusting with mine as well… after you find it you can use a small screwdriver to create more space between the leaf switches from above the playfield.

Game Room Guys Pinball Switch Adjusting Tool https://a.co/d/cXGodry

This is a must have tool for any pinball owner works way better than the screw driver

#26941 4 months ago

This game shoots sooo much better with these. Looks pretty nice too I might add

IMG_5044 (resized).jpegIMG_5044 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#27463 80 days ago

If someone gave a step by step install with pics of these caps it might be the most important post in this thread. Sticky forever

1 week later
#27554 70 days ago

Thank you everyone for the super helpful posts for this DIY capacitor hack. It was super easy to do. Hardest part was unsoldering the original caps only because my soldering iron doesn’t go above 900. Patience is all you need. Just a little. Slams the ball like crazy now ripping up the ramp strait into the guitar lock no problem. JJP can suck $400 out of my ass. FINISH THE CODE.

IMG_5261 (resized).jpegIMG_5261 (resized).jpegIMG_5262 (resized).jpegIMG_5262 (resized).jpegIMG_5263 (resized).jpegIMG_5263 (resized).jpegIMG_5264 (resized).jpegIMG_5264 (resized).jpeg
#27559 70 days ago

Tear down the wall mini wizard mode the cannon rotates only clockwise? I’m stuck shooting at the same poster no matter how many times I spin the record? Am I missing something?

#27562 69 days ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

You should be able to spin the record both directions, but without that UYI2 album patch, if you're at the end of the wall (on either end), you'll only be able to move the cannon one direction back towards the middle.

Yeah I didn’t have the patch. Maybe I was only spinning the record clockwise? Damn it’s hard enough to hit that post under pressure let alone choose which way it spins! I love getting deeper into this game as it comes at me in layers surrounded by a steady dose of ass kicking rock and roll. Please finish the code JJP the game is bolted to my floor and we desperately NEED it. The new settings are great but only 75% potential of what could be. And that’s being generous.

1 month later
#27973 30 days ago

If they add more songs this game will rebound immediately. They might even sell a bunch more LEs. I doubt they do more than polish the code and balance some scoring. My biggest hope is they can reduce the multiball situation and balance some of the scoring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,500 (OBO)
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dashmonster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=dashmonster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.