IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3406 3 years ago

Officially in the club.

20201205_101154 (resized).jpg20201205_101154 (resized).jpg
#3422 3 years ago

I am having a frequent issue of after the knocker goes off my left tweeter speaker is going to complete static. Obviously something is going loose. Any suggestions on what I can do to prevent this? How do I actually get access to the tweeter, since its in an enclosure at the top of the head, if I want to re-solder the wires?

#3488 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Been getting a lot of flying balls lately in the area just below the pops.
[quoted image]

I have been having this issue a lot on my SE. Launches from below the pops to the point that balls will end up on the stage.

#3491 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I have been having this issue a lot on my SE. Launches from below the pops to the point that balls will end up on the stage.

Yeah so I discovered my issue. The record was not attached tightly to the shaft. Which allows it to seesaw, even when level with the playfield. If I push down on one edge it can essentially dip almost a quarter inch. Hard to photograph but two photos below try to show the difference. It was causing balls to slam into the wood and launch. Also caused the mylar to lift and the playfield art to separate along with it.

The design flaw here seems to be there is no way to tighten that screw without removing the record decal since it covers the screw.

I have a support ticket with JJP open to try and figure out how to fix.

20201206_165215 (resized).jpg20201206_165215 (resized).jpg20201206_165217 (resized).jpg20201206_165217 (resized).jpg20201206_185631 (resized).jpg20201206_185631 (resized).jpg
#3750 3 years ago

I have had a situation where those sensors stopped working, as well. A reboot of the game fixed the problem. To be clear, for me, they were not working from power on, they didn't stop working part way during a game.

#3858 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Also just checking it out, it will plunge and achieve the skill shot so I would think itā€™s not a case of the machine thinking a plunge has already been attempted.

I have also had this happen at different points.

#3877 3 years ago

So, one suggestion i would like to make is that the 'Shoot Again' insert be excluded from being a part of any of the light shows. I have noticed a number of times recently where that insert has been blinking and I let a ball go that may have been saveable, only then to realize I had no ballsaver at the time and that was just part of some lighting animation. That is one of those insert lights that you kind of need confidence is telling you accurate information.

#4129 3 years ago

The piano key insert itself is the switch, similar to the skill shot inserts and sensors.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4197 3 years ago
Quoted from gump79:

Guess would be the Coma ball lock mech for a CE

Yeah I have noticed that unlike Stern it seems JJP just does one version of everything and just leaves stuff off for the different levels. There are a lot of unused connectors under the SE playfield, and the left ramp is definitely the exact same ramp as the LE just without the diverter.

1 week later
#4335 3 years ago

I do not think most people are going for completion,, because the scoring is not as lucrative that direction. If you really are just going for completing the modes, I think the trickiest part would be just making sure you play three minutes of four songs from the four different album modes. It would probably be a good idea to play the song patience since it counts I think half time for all the albums.

#4378 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I might be playing the game wrong. I'm still learning and there is so much going on with this game. When I build up the booster jackpots before the songs my applause jackpots are much higher than the mid-song jackpots, especially if I get to fan frenzy.

To clarify, when I was referring to completion, I was talking about "completing the game" not songs. I was responding to someone else asking about whether it was possible to complete the game. Definitely worth more to make it to the end of the song then cashout part way through.

#4379 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My only criticism of the design is that the SE model is missing too much without the upper playfield. On SE you shoot left a turnaround ramp instead of the upper playfield on LE. Why do I think that omission is important. The upper playfield is your center for ball handling (think ball fondlers) and decision making. Prior to starting a song, a trip to the top can 1) put (1-6) balls into a physical ball lock and start album mode 2) hit lights target and start a multiball 3) qualify 2 band members 4) spell amp and start a multiball 5) spell GNR and collect patch and 6) spell GNR with short drain. In addition to being able to do these six things, I can pick which one I want to do, an accomplish that one specifically. It puts the player in control. There are additional uses of it during song modes too. I donā€™t know how the software chooses which of these items to award simultaneously for the SE, but the path to choosing oneā€™s own destiny is taken away with the disappearance of that big, beautiful, upper playfield.
For location play, the SE can be all right, as most people donā€™t know where to begin. But an LE on location is appreciated by average+ players too. Both seem to be viable products.

On the SE the ramp always returns to GNR letters, the ramp also gives you the locks and for hit the lights you get that from combos between the ramps. In generally everything you listed is just different on the SE. GNR letters and locks are easier on the SE, while hit the lights is harder arguably. Additionally getting AMP is definitely harder because you either need a bounce into that lane or need to schatz the inlane.

#4474 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Question for SE owners ... are you still enjoying your game or do you have regrets not getting an LE?

No regrets. Still loving it. Has the same atmosphere, theme integration and choices whether to push your luck or cash out. Shot choices are just different missing the upper playfields.

Most people who play my game are not pinheads and have no clue anything is missing. They just have fun.

#4672 3 years ago

Couple of questions/issues that have come up recently, hoping folks can help me out.

1. Can someone share a pic of the switch at the end of the inner loop. Mine is not registering all the time and it doesn't look right to me. Picture attached. Trying to figure out how the switch and the gate should be interacting.

2. When the ball exist a full loop on the left side, where is that hitting for most people? Mine is hitting the top of the left sling. I tried adjusting the guidelines their and the best I can get is glancing blows on the top of the slingshot. Doesn't seem like that's where it should be going. But wanted to verify.

3. Could one of my fellow SE owners confirm, is the lit up guitar over the left ramp always on or is it controlled. Recently it has stood out to me it is always on, and I do not recall that previoslusly being the case. So trying to figure out if something is now not working right, or am I just going crazy.

Thank you!!

20210108_090112 (resized).jpg20210108_090112 (resized).jpg
3 years later
#27775 52 days ago

Are the fuse lights on on the board? If you likely just need to manually trip the computer on.

#27777 52 days ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I looked at the video
But my connectors not the same
Just need to know how to jump it I guess

Earlier in the thread someone had a similar issue. Check out this post and image for an alternate spot to jump the pins.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/554#post-8046604

1 week later
#27909 44 days ago

You need to plug in a keyboard in the USB port in the coindoor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=daley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.