IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blkspiderman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3736 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If anyone is interested, I played around with the picture settings on the monitor this evening. Out of the box the monitor looked washed out pretty bad to me. Turns out, the brightness was turned up to 90%!! And the color temp setting was at 6500k. No wonder it looked bad. I took brightness down to 0 (thats right zero), and changed color temp to 50/50/50 rgb, and it now looks crazy better. Much more vibrant colors and blacker blacks. Still no HD quality, but much better than out of box.

Thanks for the advice, We tried to change our RGB to 50/50/50 and it was gray, it wouldn't let us change, Any advice??

#3809 3 years ago

Sound Options For GNR LE
Pin Woofer?
Polk PW10?
Sony SACS9?

1 week later
#4080 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

The soundbar is not as noticeable as the external subwoofer and Iā€™m not confident that most would find value in it. Especially if your not playing at higher volumes, it helps more with clarity of the callouts and differentiates all the pinball sounds better from the music. That taps off the 3.5mm splitter that I installed in the top right corner of the back box.
The external sub adds more depth and is instantly noticed at any volume. I just tap right onto the sub in the cab with some alligator clips. A guy sells a $10 cord if you want to make it really easy.
Iā€™ll say this again, the stock speakers do sound great, this isnā€™t necessary. Itā€™s to take the sound from a 8.5 out of 10 to a 9.5.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1176-gweem-s-mods/02289-10-ft-external-subwoofer-cable
[quoted image]

Hello! Just tried to order and it cancels the payment and then sends me back to pinside, Anyone have any luck? Anyone having the same problem?

#4143 3 years ago

Very Frustrated!!! On Dec. 8th we received our GNR LE and we were thrilled, planned our whole vacation around our new purchase!! Day 1 opening our box we had issues with quality control but JJP has been amazing and has took care of all the issues. Tonight I am ready to pull out my hair, every time we think we can go and play casually and enjoy our new pin something goes wrong!! I am in need of any and all advise! Tonight we were playing and the sound muffled, definitely doesn't sound like it use to sound. It's on the left side and the volume was only turned up to 30. Maybe the Left Tweeter? Midrange Left Speaker? Something is not working and I don't have any idea where to start to see what is wrong. Definitely making it hard to play the game after hearing the amazing sound at the beginning!! Any advise?

#4165 3 years ago

Game Questions:

1. When we light "Advanced Band Member", Nothing happens, I would think that one of the band members would become solid but maybe I am missing something. DO you have to hit something to activate?
2. What does Band Frenzy do, We got it twice and didn't notice a scoring increase or a perk?
3. What is the best way to level your playfield?
4. Does all three drums light up or just the two? The one with the 2 cymbals doesn't light and we just want to make sure.
5. Our spotlights seem to be funny, When we run the test there are times it doesn't move, Anyone else's move weird?

The game is amazing, absolutely amazing, Just trying to fine tune everything!!

#4166 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have the SACS9 hooked to it currently and love it. I also have a PSW10 I can swap in, but I feel the level adjustments are better on the Sony. With the Polk you go from no bass to too much quickly. Very small window to find the perfect adjustment. Iā€™ve heard great things about the pinwoofer products, but for the bang for buck, the sub is probably going to be a better bet. Curious to try pinwoofer.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Just ordered the Sony SACS9 and we are just wondering if you paired it with a speaker for the top? If so what did you use?

#4168 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Advance band member doesnā€™t necessarily complete a band member. It just advances them a certain amount getting them closer to completion.

That makes sense, THANK YOU!!!!

#4200 3 years ago

Well....We had our audio board go bad on our LE GNR and as we are waiting for the replacement we connected a Ion Pathfinder external speaker and it sounded AMAZING!!!! Absolutely AMAZING!! So we are playing our hearts out and then the machine reset right in the middle of a song. As it started to start up again we tried to reconnect the Bluetooth and no go, What is going on??

4 months later
#9852 2 years ago

Any advice for pinballs going past the shooter lane gate and then going back down? During multiball it is the most annoying because it will go up the shooter lane and then back down while your ball saves running, I tried to adjust our shooter lane gate and I loosened each side and no go! Thanks for any advice!

232 (resized).JPG232 (resized).JPG
#9917 2 years ago

Has anyone changed the rubbers to there out lane posts, maybe bigger ones or know a solution to the balls draining on the outer lanes 80% of the time, THANKS!!

#9961 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Add 2 washers to each post between part 1 and part 2. Fixed it 100% for me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH but no go! I tried thinner metal washers and the clear plastic washers and it still isn't right. Do I need thicker washers or any other idea to fix the problem?

#10134 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The test was done with all the flippers on jjGnR, I just made that right flipper only FL-11629 graph to illustrate the extreme temps. jjPotC is all 15411s (well, they should be according to the manual, but who knows what JJP put in there. GnR has some...interesting...assembly deviations). With trapping that Karl does, the max temp on jjPotC was even crazier peaks. But that should give you an idea about 15411 temp performance for longer sessions in JJP games.
On jjGnR the lesser-used FL-15411 for lower left and upper right maxed out at 180.2F and 181F uncooled, well beyond the fade threshold. They were 115F and 110.2F cooled, respectively.

I've been meaning to send a huge shout out to PinMonk on the Tibetan Breeze JJP Pin 3-Flipper Cooling Kit Ɨ 1 ā€¦ ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING!! One of the best mods so far!! Very easy to install and makes the world of difference! We have had installed since April 30th and it has increased game play, especially no issues with back handing left ramp after multiple games, very quiet and couldn't imagine the game without. THANK YOU for all your time spend and hard work to better the game in such a huge way!!!

#10162 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've got the diverter mocked up here to test the bracket design for that. I wasn't going to do one, because it doesn't really affect a player's game performance. But, there's been a lot of interest and people PMing me for a fix since the high temps it achieves in long sessions (even with the new code) apparently makes distressing hot coil smells?
So I ordered the parts to make the coil bracket setup for it here so I can test fit a fan bracket design and make it an optional add on for those that want it. The fact that there's an extra fan connector in a 3 coil Tibetan Breeze install makes it an easy add.

So Excited!!! Sometimes the diverter coil has a burning smell and turns brown, We're in for the diverter fan!! Thanks again for all you do!!

#10183 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Pretty sure the fans only do the 3 main flippers, not the diverter coils

Correct, They are high quality fans that are a game changer for all three main flippers, But Pin Monk is working on a diverter coil and this is going to be amazing!! CAN'T WAIT!!

2 weeks later
#10864 2 years ago

Quick Question? Is there a map or diagram for all the posts? Just want to make sure we check all our posts and get protected! THANKS!

1 week later
#11189 2 years ago

Is everyone using preventative measures and putting the PETG on every post or just the ones with chipping? I read someone said you may cause more damage by trying to use preventative measures and it got me thinking......

#11358 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I had one post to try from a friend. Which worked perfect so now ordered these, Metal Post Stud 8-32 x 1-3/4". Hope they will fit. The longer the better.

Where did you order your posts? Thanks!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11359 2 years ago

and this is what you mean about post, Correct?

1 week later
#11644 2 years ago

Absolutely Beautiful, HUGE shout out to Lior and his amazing work!! Thank you, Thank you!!

IMG_3139 (resized).jpgIMG_3139 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#12218 2 years ago

Quick Question....This is new, pressed start to play game and plunged ball and hit right flipper twice and it starts Ignite the Flames....Every time we start a game it does it on the first plunge...hit right flipper twice and it ignites. Why would the right flipper start ignite the flames? THANKS!

#12220 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Adjust the switch itā€™s to close.

Which Switch? THANK YOU!

#12222 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Glass off. Go into system menu. Go into switch test mode. Smack the playfield firmly with your hand in a few places. Note which switch triggers on the screen when you hit the PF and adjust that switch to be less sensitive. You are getting switch registration from the flipper vibration. Note that it may be more than one switch you need to adjust.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

#12281 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I ordered mine from Cointaker, they fit fine on the SE version. These are the ones they suggested.
https://cointaker.com/products/ballywms-remake-mirror-blades

Any ideas where to buy the black mirror blades that fit without having to trim? Has anyone ordered for there LE and have no problems with the fit?

#12282 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Yes mine fit great however I couldnā€™t tell you where I ordered them from at this point I bought them back in January when my game was delivered. I remember the tolerances being pretty tight but the holes matched up fairly well it was just a matter of sliding it underneath that pesky channel.

I would LOVE to know as well if you think of it, THANKS!

#12299 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

pretty sure I got them here:
https://cointaker.com/products/ballywms-remake-mirror-blades
I think I tried the jersey jack ones but then noticed that cointaker said in description for Guns Nā€™ Roses to order the Bally/WMS remake.

THANK YOU! Now I was set on the black mirror blades but yours look awesome, I CAN'T DECIDE!!

2 weeks later
#13058 2 years ago

BEAUTIFUL 3D Flipper Toppers!! THANKS @Mr_Tantrum!!

IMG_3681 (resized).jpgIMG_3681 (resized).jpgIMG_3684 (resized).jpgIMG_3684 (resized).jpgIMG_3693 (resized).jpgIMG_3693 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#14076 2 years ago

Im going through old posts and Im looking for the post about the iron everyone is using to stop the pooling posts, No luck! What flat iron should we buy?? THANKS!

#14087 2 years ago

Thoughts? Or stick with the clear PETG?? THANKS!!

65757 (resized).JPG65757 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#15371 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Mine did that too but I bent the orbit a little and now it feeds to the flipper every time and has WAY more flow and is WAY more fun.
Didn't take much. Just a little adjustment and it worked great. Orbits are repeatable now and allows for the flow and game to go much better.
I recommend trying it.

Do you have pictures? How did you bend the orbit in? Thanks!!

2 weeks later
#16281 2 years ago

Has anyone figured out how to fix the balls draining straight down the middle from the guitar lock? THX!!

#16282 2 years ago

Has anyone experienced this problem, happened last night and can't figure it out? THX!

IMG_5031 (resized).jpgIMG_5031 (resized).jpg
#16284 2 years ago

What are the pros and cons with the flipper's being lowered? Any advise would be great! THX!!

#16304 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Reseat the usb to usb mini cable between the motherboard and playfield controller board mounted under the playfield in the bottom left corner (assuming the playfield is flipped up). Go over all of the connections on that board paying particular attention to the mini usb cable -- with the game power off.

These are the cables I have reset and still have the error after being disconnected for thirty seconds and then plugging back in?? Is this from the update 1.25?? And what should we do from here??

878443DF-93AB-4CD1-8967-3BC97D1E1BB3 (resized).jpeg878443DF-93AB-4CD1-8967-3BC97D1E1BB3 (resized).jpeg8951B9D2-FAD5-4660-BB08-D08D731E060F (resized).jpeg8951B9D2-FAD5-4660-BB08-D08D731E060F (resized).jpeg8CC49237-0A91-4C63-84F1-6709A147DAA7 (resized).jpeg8CC49237-0A91-4C63-84F1-6709A147DAA7 (resized).jpegD038DD69-B2E7-475F-A847-3C931E1CA917 (resized).jpegD038DD69-B2E7-475F-A847-3C931E1CA917 (resized).jpegE55F273D-E14A-4588-9CF4-89A57959212D (resized).jpegE55F273D-E14A-4588-9CF4-89A57959212D (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#20423 2 years ago

Quick Question: Our upper right flipper is weak when hitting a shot, connections underneath are all good, Any advise? Anyone else having that issue? Thx!

#20438 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Weak from the beginning of a game, or weak the longer you play?
If it's all the time, I'd check your EOS gap first. Make sure that the EOS switch isn't triggering until the flipper is right at the peak of the stroke. You can do it using the switch test with the glass off and manually swing the flipper through its motion. You shouldn't see the EOS trigger until the flipper arrives at the end of its stroke. If it's happening earlier, adjust the switch.

Weak from the beginning of the game, I will check the EOS switch, As always thanks so much!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blkspiderman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=blkspiderman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.