IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#911 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So buy JP2, play the snot out of it, it's a perfect game for someone who plays like you, and then sell it and pick up a GNR once the dust settles. You'll have no problem moving Jurassic Park later, it's a hugely popular title. One of the only recent Sterns I've actually played, it's a shooter's game for sure.
It's always fun getting in on the hype, but after a week of owning a game it's just another pin, and when you got it doesn't make a huge difference.
Bonus: GNR bugs will be worked out, code will mature, and it will probably be a better game by the time you get it.

The rational side of me completely agrees with this!! Unfortunately the impulse side sometimes takes control and says buy, buy, buy!! I usually purchase one pin a year, AIQ came out of nowhere and I clicked add to cart. I knew GNR was coming and had a plan to sell my AC/DC. Completed that sell and have clicked add to cart. Looking forward to GNR!!

Something I have learned in this hobby is to never purchase a pin that I played when I was younger. I bought what I thought was a keeper in SS, I played it so much when I was younger. The thrill of it is not there anymore I remember reading your posts on it and I thought you were crazy. Damn you were right!!

5 months later
#7455 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Ah, didn't know that. I would personally then wait for the first one available, which may take quite some time, but you would at least have flexibility. Surely there will be quite a few popping up HUO after people play them out a bit.

This is just a guess, but I don’t know if you will find one in stock at a distributor. The clock is ticking on JJP’s next pin. I think the backlog of GNR with deposits is extensive and probably will keep the line busy until the next release. I don’t think they have multiple lines setup for assembly.

If you want one get one, contact a distributor that still has spots that are available. EHOH is also experiencing the same issues. Stern is doing another run but many customers are having trouble finding available spots.

4 weeks later
#8317 3 years ago

I picked up my LE on Friday and I can say I was not prepared for this game. I was concerned about the lack of toy/mechs, but starting a song makes the entire pin a toy/mech. I don’t switch songs and today Live and Let Die was the song. I have never had an experience playing pinball like today. Having the song blaring with the light show was unbelievable. I finished the song and it is something I will never forget. I could go on and on about the shots and flow, but the magic is in the entire package; also the girl who does the call outs is great!!

#8368 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don’t understand how this narrative keeps popping up.
Maybe the toys are so well integrated they are being overlooked?
- Bass guitar ramp return w/ passive diverters
- Guitar lock w/ passive diverters
- Drumstick ramp return
- Crashing cymbal pop bumpers
- AXL sculpt
- Slash hat light assembly
- Record spinner
- Catwalk ramp returns
- Speaker stack diverter cover
- Hotrails!
- Fully articulated spotlights
- LED-lit Guitar Pick Spinners
- Hex Stage Lights
- Concert Jumbotron

That Is what I meant that the entire game is the toy, it is so amazing how everything is integrated!! It is very hard to understand that by looking at pictures or streams.

Usually, when a pin is announced and you look at the photos there is something you want to shoot to see what it does. WOZ it is the witch, the house, the castle and the monkey. JJPOTC the ship, the trunks s the spinning disc. EHOH the house, the crypt and the trunk.

When I looked at GNR, I saw a great looking pin with a spinner. Then I got it and like I said I was not prepared for what I was about to experience.

#8372 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Hey it has two spinners!

Lol...I actually pointed that out to my friends who came over to play. The spinners are awesome and there are 2 of them. Something you don’t recognize until you play it.

1 month later
#10354 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So if ford put out cars with faulty airbags you’d blame the airbag supplier?
NASA wasn’t responsible for the challenger explosion either right, it was the o ring manufacturers fault.

The answer to your first question is yes…we blamed the airbag supplier.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/takata-recall-spotlight

1 year later
#22700 1 year ago

I received an email that my replacement playfield is ready to ship. I went with both the playfield and upper. My game has pooling on both. I am thinking of sending the replacement out to have the playfield re-coated.

5 months later
#24235 1 year ago

I was on instagram and Lior’s topper for GNR popped up. It looks awesome but that price tag. Anybody planning on getting one?

1 year later
#28051 27 days ago

Thanks to this thread I replaced the battery on my GNR and DI. I really wanted to avoid what Eskaybee experienced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=bigt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.