IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beegee6533.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I see a lot of people complaining about plunges draining, I'm 50 games in on a SE and have not had a single plunge drain yet. 6.5 pitch and level seems to work for me.

My plunge has always fed the right flipper for every plunge in the 3 weeks I’ve had it. 6.7 degree pitch, level left to right.

3 weeks later
#3282 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

My GNR arrives tomorrow and I am looking for advice for how to get it up stairs. The stairs look like the picture only with a single additional step on the landing. When we moved my Iron Maiden upstairs, the dealer delivered and set it up. He isn't available due to COVID restrictions. The landing is too tight to rotate the machine. If I recall correctly, he had to use the hand truck on the wrong side of the machine for the second half of the stairs.
Can I get away with that with the GNR machine?
Any advice or suggestions for the best way to move the machine? JJP said it weighs 350 pounds.
I tried every moving company in town and can't find any help.
thanks![quoted image]

I have GnR LE in my basement, only a few steps to manage going down. This game is very heavy. I’d guess at least 100lbs heavier than my Stern Iron Maiden. It was not easy even with 2 guys going down a few steps. You will need 3 people, IMO. Good luck!

1 month later
#4543 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Ok so this happened last night...if you can't lock 5 balls the correct way then here's another way!(: It started off as 2 balls with perfect bad timing jamming the drop hole, then each time I shot another ball up there to try and break them loose balls 3 4 and 5 just got stuck too.
This was the first time this happened in a week of play, however these other two spots also got stuck several times last night and have done so all week. At least on the pop if you wait for lost ball protocol it will kick it out, but the center guitar pick spot (and the fluke drain jam) require taking the glass off every time. This isn't a prob at home but I brought it to the pad first to dial it in before we put it in our tavern pin parlor, and on location we can't have mgr's taking the glass off frequently. I brought the pitch down to 6.5 but it just seemed worse and also threw off the trajectory of the inner loop/upper pf return so I bumped it back up a little, wondering how high ppl are pitching it or what's recommended?
I've also had two diverter spots where balls have gotten stuck, only once on the guitar lock right side pic included, but sev times in the middle of the two diverters leading down the middle lane on the bass - this one usually gives way after hitting the flippers a bunch. Not sure if there’s any recommended diverter tweaks?
Also on the left guitar lock (coil change from 3 to 4) after sev more hours of play we're getting about 2 out of 10 still sdtm which is way better than 8 of 10, but I went ahead and bumped the coil setting up to 5 and seemed good, will test it out more tonight. I guess if its still 2 out of 10 sdtm it won't seem too bad sitting next to our Ghostbusters!(:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

that first picture is crazy! I’m guessing that’s a one in a million ball jam. But pretty cool to see! The hangup to the right of that pop bumper is the most common on this game I think. I’ve had my LE for a number of months and that is the one that usually will happen. Although at the right pitch (around 7°) it doesn’t seem to happen too often to me anymore. When I first unboxed mine, the center spinner hangup happened a couple times. But I realized that the spinner was just getting stuck and not spinning properly. It just took a little bit of adjusting and now it never happens. I’ve also had a number of switches on in-lanes as well as the center axl lane up top where a ball would get hung up on the switch between the lanes. Those are pretty easy fixes by just bending those switches towards the bottom of the cabinet a little bit or centering them in the hole. I will get a ball stuck on those diverters on the guitar lock from time to time. I’m not sure about an easy fix for that but maybe some lube on that screw would help.

#4606 3 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

#195 arrived today. Lots of issues unfortunately. I think thee machines just need to settle in.

The UPF Vuk coil needed to be increased from 10 to 18 in order to get the ball up on the bass ramp.
Working with JJP on a few of these.
Todd

I had the same issue with the upper playfield bass guitar vuk. Initially the vuk was too weak to make it up onto the bass ramp. So I had to increase the coil power quite a bit. As it turns out I discovered that the coil stop on that vuk coil was loose and too far away from the coil. Overtime it started causing all kinds of malfunctions with that bass ramp and that vuk. I ended up having to unscrew the entire mechanism and remove the two nuts for the coil stop and move it closer so that there was a tight fit. Completely solved the issue and I was able to turn the coil power back down to the factory settings. it works perfectly now. In general, there are a lot of things that were not installed correctly from the factory. Mostly having to do with screws not being tightened enough or cold solder joints. Seems to be pretty common on these LE’s. My guess is that there is some new personnel over there on the factory line that may be new to the job.

#4669 3 years ago

Maybe someone can help me out clearing up a weird issue/question I have about collecting patches. I feel like my game may be having some kind of issue either in the software code or maybe something else. I see the display for collecting GNR letters to award the patch on the screens. The ball will roll over the left in lane switch for GNR or fall from the upper playfield to collect a letter and sometimes I do not get awarded the letter. Other times I will get awarded the letter and then keep playing a ball and notice my letter or letters are taken away or cleared. The game will chime the appropriate sound when the ball rolls over the switch or falls from the upper PF. All switches work properly and register. This seems like something in the code or rules? Anyone notice this or am I just not understanding the rules properly? I feel like I remember the GNR letters clearing/resetting once or twice when the ball rolled over the right inlane for JAM letters. It just seems random and bizarre.

#4673 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Couple of questions/issues that have come up recently, hoping folks can help me out..
2. When the ball exist a full loop on the left side, where is that hitting for most people? Mine is hitting the top of the left sling. I tried adjusting the guidelines their and the best I can get is glancing blows on the top of the slingshot. Doesn't seem like that's where it should be going. But wanted to verify.
[quoted image]

To the best of my knowledge, both left and right orbits/loops should feed cleanly to the corresponding flipper and not hit the sling. It may require removing a ball guide rail and bending it (removed and off the playfield to not cause playfield damage). Mine had to be adjusted when I first got it.

#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

GnR artwork looks great from the pictures on this site.I haven't had a chance to see in person and was curious from actual owners what they thought?

I think it’s stunning when you get to be in front of it. Absolutely beautiful and cool looking. Lots of detail and vibrant colors. The lockdown bar, legs and trim really pop as well. I think it’s a gorgeous machine, especially in person.

#4692 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

But hows it play? Lots of interesting ratings.

I own 3 Sterns and a 90s Bally/Williams. GnR is by far my favorite game now. It’s addictive and very challenging. It feels like a totally new pinball experience to me. It’s not easy at all, even though I’m not a great player or anything(average at best). I think it’s more difficult to play than Stern JP or Maiden. The risk/reward aspect is so thrilling and frustrating at the same time(in the best way.) It’s an adrenaline rush. Before I got my LE(I have one of the first runs), I watched promo video and was concerned about all the multi balls. Now I can’t imagine the game without these multiballs. It’s essential to the gameplay and does not feel like too much at all. The drains happen quickly and you want them when you’re in a song. This game is game of the year by far to me. I’ve played AIQ premium and Pro as well as Turtles also. AIQ is pretty awesome and Turtles is fun and fast. But GnR is just on some other level IMO. I’d love to play AIQ more as I love Elwin games and own 2 of his already. But I know that GnR is just a different kind of experience that I’m currently addicted to. Karl’s streams on IE pinball of GnR are thrilling and awesome to watch. It’s so cool to see a pro crush the game and also be crushed by it, haha.

#4724 3 years ago
Quoted from Headwires:

What are your thoughts on the way the headphones sound on this machine. I may be having an issue with just mine. The volume is very low even when turned all the way up using either wired or Bluetooth. And the sound is terrible. Anyone else having this issue? Or any suggestions on fixes. I don’t have this issue with any of my other JJP games. All sound great with headphones. Thanks for any help given.

I’ve had the same issue. Very low volume even when maxed out. Same no matter which headphones I use.

1 week later
#4972 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

What are you guys scoring on GNR? 13 Million is my high so far.

My GC is a bit over 16 million. I have 4 or 5 games behind it in the 15 million range. I’ve been stuck there for months. Watching Karl stream makes me want to give up, haha. Actually it’s very inspiring to watch and is making me play better I think. Although I’ve caught the “never cash out bug” recently bc of him. Probably keeping my scores down in the short term but may result in a big game in the future.

#5043 3 years ago

Apologies if this has been covered in the topic before, but I was wondering if anyone else is having consistent problems with the kinetic diverters in the guitar ball lock on the upper playfield? I will often get a ball stuck at the very tip of where the diverter would normally allow the ball to pass through to the six sensors. Also it is common when I have three balls locked on one side of the guitar ball-lock, another ball will be fed to that same side and subsequently not register bc it was fed to be essentially the 4th ball on that side which does not have a sensor obviously (and I have to take the glass off during the middle of the game). I have tried loosening and tightening the screw that is on this three pointed star type diverter but nothing seems to change it. Any solutions and/or stories about experiencing the same problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

#5141 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Strange that Karl has a 11629 coil and both my lower flippers are 15411 and I got my game super early, one of the first deliveries. You sure 11629 wasn’t just a mistake on one machine?

My LE has a 11629 as well.

#5239 3 years ago

Tonight I had my best game so far after owning and playing it for over 3 months. My GC’s up until now were between 15-17mil for months. Cashed out a 16mil+ jackpot on paradise city(although the Karl influence almost made me not cash out, lol). Also got a 8mil My Michelle jackpot with some decent booster multiball jackpots. I know it’s nowhere near the stratosphere Karl and others dwell in, but I was super proud of myself. Watching the IE pinball streams of GnR have really helped me grow a pair on not cashing out as well as some good pre-song strategy. This game is just the best! Also, had a nice glass of bourbon and the game cranked to 31 on the volume while playing. It’s such a thrill and the closest thing to a real rock n roll experience in a pinball machine.

3C8A2216-9D97-46E0-B165-F18B84B22EDB (resized).jpeg3C8A2216-9D97-46E0-B165-F18B84B22EDB (resized).jpeg
#5406 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

FYI, if you have like me some issues with the left ramp flap jumping out of the right hole, I found a solution : just cut the head of a zip tie and insert it to the outer wireframe. Problem solved !
[quoted image]

That switch pops out on me constantly. I have the glass off at least once an hour. Very frustrating. I’ve tried putting the end of several different sized zip ties on there but it’s too loose and the zip tie end just slides off easily. Can anyone recommend the right size zip tie for this to work?

#5501 3 years ago

I totally love this game. It’s incredible. But am I alone in thinking that this game is a drain monster and insanely hard to keep the ball in play? Like a lot more than most games? I’m at 7 degrees pitch. Maybe that’s the issue, maybe I just suck. But this thing crushes me daily. If I was pumping dollar bills into it I would be totally pissed and avoid this thing like the plague on location, lol. Constant drains SDTM as well as slingshots firing the ball to outlanes, etc. It’s so good when you have a good game, but wow, I feel like I have 10 crap games for every decent one...play better, I know.

#5514 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It can be an ass kicker. A lot of people think this is a multiball heavy game, but I truly believe they just don’t get it. The game is tough. The multiballs give you a sense of high energy and fun. when you drain down to one ball, the Adrenalin shifts to intense risk/reward management. There are so many highs in the game, and if you drain or lose it all - I still have a smile on my face because of the energy level throughout the whole process.
All in all, it’s a tough game, but getting zoned in can really push the envelope of energy and Adrenalin.

Nailed it.

Yeah, I totally agree. One of the things that has been causing this game to dunk on me regularly is that I’m trying to collect patch sets like the sponsors(Gibson, Vater, Marshall, Fender), band members, booster multi ball patch sets, etc. In trying to trap up and hit that left ramp all the time before a song, I get some frequent drains. It’s almost a guarantee if I don’t hit it cleanly from a forehand off the right flipper, it hits an album target and drains immediately. Sometimes I feel like I should just get a few ball locks, start a song and just have fun. But, I’m trying to get better and build my scores up. My GC is 28mil with my other high scores in the 12-16mil range. Having a hard time getting over that hump. I know I’m not that great a player, but wow this game is really really hard.

#5516 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FYI: Karl DeAngelo (iepinball) is streaming jjGnR tonight with what is possibly the final configuration of the jjGnR Tibetan Breeze kit. It's pretty cool when he does this because he puts the temperature gauges for the flipper coils on the screen in the stream so you can watch them in real time while he plays. 7-9pm PST tonight. He doesn't post these because of DMCA muting, so you have to catch it live if you want to see it.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Looking forward to the stream and to purchasing these when they are available! Are you thinking of making this for the left ramp diverter coil as well or would that not be practical or necessary?

#5580 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Anyone have advice on SDTM from the left guitar neck release?

I carefully bent(using a cloth on the metal and pliers) the left portion of the metal “platform” under the wood guitar headstock upward. I did this 6 weeks ago and have not had one SDTM from that left lock since. It feeds to the left flipper every time now. Others change the coil strength of that left lock release with varying degrees of success.

#5582 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah. I got a suggestion to bend the left edge inward, which didn't do anything. I will try bending it a bit upward instead.

I suppose I did bend it upward and sort of inward(towards the center). In order to make that left most edge bend upwards it naturally moves inward towards the center as well. I’m referring to placing the cloth on the bottom(floor) of the metal piece and bending it up and towards the center with the pliers attached sort of on the left edge of that bottom metal piece “platform”. That seemed to definitively guide the ball to bounce to the flipper after releasing and falling on to that platform first at the new angle. Good Luck!

#5584 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is counterintuitive that bending inward doesn't make it more_ SDTM-centric!

I know, right? But it did the trick for me. It’s working perfectly now. Maybe it’s a matter of experimentation with slight bends up or down I guess. I think I also set the coil strength to 4 on the left lock release, just FYI.

#5592 3 years ago

Almost doubled my big GC from a week ago! I’m starting to have some success in upping my high scores. All about getting deep in songs, not cashing out, building booster MBs. Feels really good to have a big game after many crap ones, lol. Had a 33mil Sweet Child ‘O Mine. Apologies for continuing to post my scores here. Couldn’t help it with this one.

3CA773E4-C4DD-4728-A7E2-44676CA8CF8B (resized).jpeg3CA773E4-C4DD-4728-A7E2-44676CA8CF8B (resized).jpeg
#5594 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's a graph comparing the uncooled/stock right flipper coil of jjGnR with the cooled version Karl tested on his stream last night. This right flipper is the original larger/hotter 11629 JJP seems to have done away with in favor of the somewhat cooler 15411, but it illustrates what a huge difference the cooling kits make - 100F less at peak temps here. The 15411 JJP has changed to is about 50F less at peak temps.
The jjGnR testing for the Tibetan Breeze kit is done now and tomorrow or Monday I'll be sending out kits to the beta testers with the other JJP titles to test the fit of the kit and temps on them. Once I have those results, I can release it. If all goes well with that (and I expect it to) we're on track for a release of the JJP Tibetan Breeze kit for the third week of Feb.[quoted image]

I’m really looking forward to this being available to buy. It’s going to help a lot. I have these for my Stern Iron Maiden Premium and they really work. Thx for these innovations, Pinmonk!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5596 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the support! I thought I'd post the jjGnR graph since it's an extreme example of temps and how much the fans can take off them. jjGnR was really tough to get the temps down on. I ended up stepping the fan CFM up twice and it will use a fan not widely available in the US in anything more than onesie-twosie qty, so I had to special order them from Taiwan. It has 50% more CFM than any of the other Tibetan Breeze kits for much better airflow, which in Karl's testing I found was pretty much mandatory to get the extreme temps down and keep them there. Unfortunately that means it will be a little more expensive, but the goal is to keep the cooled coils below the threshold of fade, so flipper performance stays crisp no matter how long you play. On jjGnR with the standard fan and even a +20% CFM fan it wasn't enough to guarantee it would stay below that threshold based on the tests, so the +50% CFM one became THE fan for all JJP games.
One interesting thing is the 3 flipper JJP kit leaves one power lead that can be used for a 4th bracket to cool the left diverter coil if people want. That diverter gets VERY hot, but I don't think the heat really affects performance in-game, just maybe smells like burning after a few hours. Initially in tests it hit temps of 219.9F after a few hours of play, but with the new software in Karl DeAngelo's latest test it never quite got above 200F, so...whatever JJP did made it somewhat better, but still not great. Cooling it will be an option for those that want to do it if they buy the 3 flipper kit because of that extra power lead.

It’s well worth the increased cost. I really feel like these are essential if you play for a few hours at a time like I do on certain evenings. That flipper fade is a real buzz kill.

#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This is what the owners thread is for , keep them coming .
I doubt I'll ever have a score worth posting but if I do , this is where I will post it .

Thx for the encouragement!

#5611 3 years ago

I hope someone can come up with a solution for the ubiquitously problematic ball hang-up on the lower right pop bumper. Seems like many have this issue where the ball just gets stuck on the right side of that pop between it and the post and rail. I had a song jackpot(where I was down to single ball play) worth 20mil and the ball gets stuck there. No tilt warnings left and no time for ball search to break it free since I was abut 10 seconds away from applause jackpot. Entire jackpot lost. I’ve been accepting this hang-up for months but when that happened during a huge jackpot I was so bummed, lol! Someone suggested taking off the rubber ring on the post, which I did. Didn’t help unfortunately. I even tried to make that pop bumper more sensitive. Didn’t help. I think it’s just the layout of that area. It’s a natural spot for the ball to rest. I need to do something to mitigate that. Maybe cut a small piece of foam and wrap a rubber band to it and the post? Open to ideas. Even better if JJP has a fix in mind.

#5615 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I added a rubber to mine and it seems to have alleviated the problem.

Curious as to what kind of rubber and where did you put it? Any chance you have a picture? Thx!

#5745 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

And my name is Greg S as well so I pretend its my score.....

Ha! Us “Greg S”s need to stick together.

#5784 3 years ago

Edit

#5786 3 years ago

My install of 1.13 downloaded in about 10min, installed in about 15-20. It finished and is working great. Noticed some new callouts with a 17mil first game on the new code. This game absolutely rules! Btw, after playing my LE since early October I think 6.8 pitch is working great for me. Tried 7.0 and it just crushed me for 4-5 weeks. Went down to 6.8 and seems like the sweet spot for my skill level. I couldn’t break 17mil at the 7.0 pitch but have had games of 51mil, 28mil, 27mil, and multiple 16-17mil games since bringing it down 2 degrees.

#5824 3 years ago

I found a nasty bug in 1.13 code:

During Mr Brownstone I had a nice big Applause jackpot that I hit and still had 3 other balls in play. I got the encore. But the game became locked in an “Encore” feedback loop. It showed the Encore animation on the screen, flippers went dead, all balls in the trough, the audio chanted “Encore! Encore! Encore!” endlessly. No balls hung up. Couldn’t even tilt out of it. The game just kept looping this Encore animation. Couldn’t even enter the service menu screen. Had to turn power off and on. Also sucks bc I had a HUGE game going.

#5829 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

According to Karl DeAngelo, another major bug is playing Patience can also wipe out all your album progress. Not quite as severe as your bug, but still a pretty big bug.

Yeah, I saw his stream yesterday and noticed him saying that too. I’ve found a few other minor things as well that I can’t remember from yesterday. 1.13 has at least one or two treacherous bugs in it based on mine and what Karl found.

#5834 3 years ago

Well even though the 1.13 bug crashed a huge game for me an hour ago, I managed to avoid playing Mr Brownstone and got my biggest GC yet on it just now.

B8AEFEFF-9A1D-4784-ACB4-A8354CBF63A5 (resized).jpegB8AEFEFF-9A1D-4784-ACB4-A8354CBF63A5 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6282 3 years ago

Finally joined the 100 million club! Big jackpots in Welcome to the Jungle and November Rain(can’t believe I made it deep in to that song finally). This is by far the best pinball machine of 2020, probably best of the last 5 years in fact.

CC957440-DF62-4DBF-BA82-9B5BF1B9D0D6 (resized).jpegCC957440-DF62-4DBF-BA82-9B5BF1B9D0D6 (resized).jpeg
#6338 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Is there anyone running v1.14 with a working magnet?
Is anyone running an older code with a working magnet?
LE due to arrive next week, it's been out of the factory since last November, so expect it to have original code. Don't want to update if it's going to kill the magnet, but not sure you can get anything other than v1.14 to update to.

I have one of the first batch of LE’s. I’ve been running 1.14 since it was released and playing it everyday. No magnet issues thus far.

#6342 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Just curious if anyone's played both Le and se models and your take away. Haven't got anytime yet on this one but sure would like to.

I own an LE but have played the SE. The SE plays faster with a bit more flow but seemed a bit one dimensional compared to the LE. I really enjoy the upper playfield and guitar headstock lock. Also the RGB hot rails on the LE vs. all white hot rails on the SE is a major difference. Personally, I can’t stand the SE cabinet and back box art. I think it looks hideous, lol. LE has the best art, IMO.

#6346 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

LOL and I made the trade for an SE because I thought it was the best art package.

All good, my friend! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#6487 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, thanks. Is it song specific like when the game use to crash on one song? I am still running the last code (think 1.13). Any idea if 1.14 fixed this? Thanks.

I’m fairly sure 1.14 fixed it. I had the same bug about a looping encore animation on 1.13. Since 1.14 update I have not encountered the issue. On 1.13, Mine froze up on Mr Brownstone after completing the song and getting to Encore. Just kept looping the animation and couldn’t even tilt out of it. But hasn’t happened on 1.14 and I’ve been playing it quite a bit.

1 week later
#7026 3 years ago

I checked the Pin Monk shop for JJP flipper fan kit but don’t see anything. Not even the item with “sold out”. Am I looking in the wrong place or has it already been pulled/sold out? Thx!

#7306 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Hi everyone. I've had my GNR LE now for about a month and today I achieved 35M + as a score. I'm running V1.14. My question is, what is the average score on this pin. is 35M low?, high. or average? I'm starting to understand the rules better, so I'm just curious.

My GC scores lingered around 15-16 million for about 2 months. Then I started breaking 25 million. A week later 53 million and then recently a 115 million GC. My good games tend to be in the 30-40 million(I probably get a few of those a week?) For perspective though Karl Diangelo seems to get 100 million + all the time. His higher scores seem to be in the 250-300 mil range. And that dude is amazing at pinball. Collecting the Fender patch and other band member/sponsor patches leads to band frenzy in song mode which can really Jack up song jackpots. Great score! 35 million is nothing to sneeze at!

2 months later
#10539 2 years ago

Hi, I was hoping someone might have some insight/knowledge about GNR LE code updating via wifi in my particular case. I’m still at 1.14 but want to update to current code. I’ve been out of town for 3 months for work and when I left in early March it was 1.14. During the last 3 months I’ve read about multiple issues updating via wifi to 1.15-1.18 I think? Is it finally safe for me to do a wifi update now with the current latest code(1.21 is it?)? I’ve never had any issues updating via wifi previously. Thx for any info!

#10541 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think 1.14 was the good one where you can update via WiFi. Just make sure to keep the coin door open the whole time.

thx for the info!

2 months later
#13755 2 years ago

Apologies if this has been covered but I was trying to increase the power to my upper right flipper(it’s at 20.) in the coil settings menu it indicates that the range for this flipper is 1-32 right next to it…but it is only going to 20 for me. Past 20 it just cycles back to 1. I’m on 1.22 code. Is this a software bug or intentional? Thx for any insight!

#13766 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe it's an attempt to keep the temp in a more reasonable range longer. That flipper easily got to 180F within 80 minutes in testing without cooling.

kind of a bummer if that’s the case. I have your cooling fans installed and wish I could up the flipper strength past 20. Makes the inner loop way more satisfying with more power. It’s a little weak as is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beegee6533.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=beegee6533 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.