pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avidpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2473 3 years ago

I'd like to get mirror blades for my incoming GNR. Who sells them?

1 month later
#4558 3 years ago

# 304 has arrived ... wow, what a machine!

IMG_2673 (resized).jpegIMG_2673 (resized).jpegIMG_3171 (resized).jpegIMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4775 3 years ago

Made this topper for my GNR pin

IMG_2690 (resized).jpegIMG_2690 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#6180 3 years ago

Question, is the new code update worthwhile? I'm on the original version 1.08 and I understand that the latest is V1.14. This is my first Jersey Jack pinball and it seems that updating the code is not easy. I was told that because the pin was logged into my WiFi that code updates will load automatically, but that has not been the case. Conversely, using an USB stick seems tricky at best and complicated by the fact that I have a Mac computer so the download tool is different. I tried to download the "unebutin" tool for my Mac, but I can't open it up, same with "Rufus." If the new code is worthwhile I will continue to try; otherwise, I will just skip it. How about trying to do it via the WiFi instead of using an USA stick?, is one method better than the other?
I firmly believe not to fix something that is not broken.

#6245 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

No one has bricked their machine trying to update. Connect your machine to wifi and do it wirelessly. I did it in 10 mins.
*nicoy3k is not responsible for any damage done to your machine

Right on target. Updated to V1.14 via WiFi. Very simple and easy. Thanks nicoy3k for your advice.

#6353 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Is there anyone running v1.14 with a working magnet?
Is anyone running an older code with a working magnet?
LE due to arrive next week, it's been out of the factory since last November, so expect it to have original code. Don't want to update if it's going to kill the magnet, but not sure you can get anything other than v1.14 to update to.

I'm running V1.14 and the magnet seems to work fine. My LE # 304, born December 2020

#6464 3 years ago

Strategy Question. This may have been asked before, but when you complete a number of modes in a song you get the choice to either quit the song, get the points, and get a chance for an extra ball; or, continue playing the song and get an additional ball. It would look simple to go with the first choice, as an extra ball is very attractive, but there must be a reason for continuing. Is it that the points/jackpot increases significantly?

1 week later
#6980 3 years ago

I just noticed that JJP has pulled off the upload for V1.17 off their website. I guess there must have been problems with the update ...

#7296 3 years ago

Hi everyone. I've had my GNR LE now for about a month and today I achieved 35M + as a score. I'm running V1.14. My question is, what is the average score on this pin. is 35M low?, high. or average? I'm starting to understand the rules better, so I'm just curious.

#7332 3 years ago

Are there any new rules on playing the newest versions? The rules I found are V1.08 ...

#7407 3 years ago

Updated to V1.19 via WiFi. No problems at all.

A word of caution. Before installing the update, I saved my settings to a USB stick, but failed to cap back the USB connection in the pin and consequently the pin would not connect to my WiFi. Once I realized the problem, I capped back the USB connector in the pin and that solved the problem. I installed the update in about 2 minutes, literally.

#7459 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You mean you put the wifi dongle back in?

If that's what it is, then yes.

1 week later
#7773 2 years ago

Is there a way to tell how many balls have been locked in the guitar, by looking at the backboard or some other indicator? Currently, I can only tell by locking a new ball. Obviously, if you have locked 6 balls the song starts automatically.

#7823 2 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

The icon turns solid green in the revolver above the flippers. 5 locked, 5 green icons, for example

Understand. Thank you.

3 weeks later
#8809 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I was wondering what “LTG” stood for

In the US Army = Lieutenant General !

#8962 2 years ago

Must be getting better, ... or understanding the rules better. This is my best score.

IMG_2806 (resized).jpegIMG_2806 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#10202 2 years ago

Have new rules been posted now that we have had several; updates? I'm on V1.22, but the latest rules I found were for V1.08 ...

5 months later
#17265 2 years ago

Let's talk gameplay. Bottom line too many multiballs. Is there a menu choice to reduce the number of multiball? I love everything about this game except for the excessive multiballs. You can't hardly enjoy good skill shots because of the overwhelming multiballs...

1 week later
#17590 2 years ago

I apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed before, but where can I find the current game rules? I'm running V1.25 which I think is the latest version.

#17665 2 years ago

General comments. The pin quality is outstanding, A+. The lighting is second to none. It is one of the most beautiful pis I've seen and have. The theme, animations, and toys are great. My only down side is the numerous multi-balls. Not only does it make the game repetitive and boring, but there is no enjoyment on skill shots; as all you are doing is batting balls around to rack up points. I know that some folks like lots of multi-balls, others don't. I also understand that opinions are like elbows; everyone has two, but in my view the number of multi-balls is excessive. I don't expect agreement or disagreement with my comments. This is how I see it from my foxhole.

#17675 2 years ago

No what that means is that I will probably sell or trade the one I have.

Quoted from Vespula:

So does that mean you're not going to buy one?

#17719 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I felt the same way at first. I would hang in there. At first it seems like a lot. But then when you realize your main objective - get through full-length songs - you realize that you really need those MBs to have a chance of getting to the end. Then you realize that there’s a whole new set of strategies that you learn to use on a game like this. Such as getting as many balls as possible into the lock so that you can focus on a a ball or two for the main objective. Or learning how to hit your objective shots despite having several balls in the lower playfield. When I really started to understand the purpose and the strategy related to all the MBs, I began to appreciate and enjoy the game a lot more. I’m certain this was all by design, again, to allow for the player to get through all the full length songs. The art of Eric’s game design.
The only thing I lament is that I hardly ever get to see all the cool animations and video on the main display because of all the action… but then again, that’s the case in most games anyways… and more the reason to invite your friends over so you can take it all in while they play!

Thank you for the info. You have given me the most sensible and practical reply yet. I will hang on and follow your suggestion.

#17789 2 years ago

Is there an adjustment for the motor shaker? I could not find in the menu. I found two lose screws and tighten them up and now the shaker motor really shakes the whole pin.

#17796 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's under coil settings on the system menu.
SETTINGS->COIL SETTINGS->GENERAL

I looked for it in three different times and could not find it. Is the motor shaker called something else in the menu?

#17797 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's under coil settings on the system menu.
SETTINGS->COIL SETTINGS->GENERAL

Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I looked for it in three different times and could not find it. Is the motor shaker called something else in the menu?

I stand corrected. I was looking at the wrong listing. Thank you for your guidance.

#17901 2 years ago

Can the playfield be totally pulled out? Somehow, mine went off the left rail, which is now loose and bent at the end, and I can't get the playfield in a vertical position. I don't want to just yank it and cause more damage, but if it can be pulled out I will carefully try to loosen it up. Any suggestions?

#17910 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Yes, I pulled my playfield out of the cabinet to install art blades. Just lifted it from front and back and carefully set it on a table off to the right of the pin. It’s only attached to the cables on the back right of the back box and I had enough slack to do it. I used some cans of paint to lay it on the rails and not smash any connections. Just had some help when setting it down and to make sure it would not slide off the table. Also used blade protectors as a precaution.

Great! Thank you so much. I'll get it soon.

#18046 2 years ago

The magnet over the AXL lanes stopped working. What is the best course of action? Is there an adjustment? I can't find where to test it in the testing menu.

#18065 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's in the coil tests. If the magnet fails, it's probably due to the fuse wrapped into the coil.
You have some options:
1. Get a replacement from JJP (which may fail again)
2. Replace it with an unfused coil of the same value
3. Remove the fuse from the existing coil and replace.
I removed the fuse in mine, but I also requested a replacement that I haven't installed. It has worked fine ever since I did this and I've had no ill effects.

Thank you so much. I'll request a replacement and replace the fuze.

#18108 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

The album modes and especially Slash Solo needs refactoring. They are an absolute waste of time.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the Slash Solo as well as some of the other modes as Tear Down the Wall, Desert Race, even Tour Multi-ball seem to be a way to prevent a player from completing more songs and therefore a lower score. Today, I started by holding on the ball during Slash Solo and letting the timer run out. So far, a better score.

#18179 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like this is a bug, but maybe a feature and I didn't understand what I was supposed to do?
Qualified a song
Accidentally qualified Slash's Cockblock Solo
Hit the scoop to start the solo and take my punishment so I could get to the song
Timed the solo out (collected 5k for waiting and doing nothing)
When the mode was over, the song was still lit, but I hit the scoop and it just ejected the ball. Then the color on the SONG insert changed and when I hit it again, I could do the song.
Seems like a bug, but was it?

Don't believe it is a bug as I do the same thing in exactly the same sequence you described. I think this is a result of not qualifying the Slash Solo and just letting it time out, which is what I do.

2 weeks later
#18695 2 years ago

When you are playing multi-ball during a song, is there anywhere in the screen that shows how much jackpot has been accumulated? I normally go for collect the jackpot and extra ball; but if I knew how much I have accumulated in the jackpot, I may go for keep playing and add a ball...

#18708 2 years ago

My best score so far ...

IMG_3178 (resized).jpegIMG_3178 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#19756 2 years ago

After one year ... my personal impressions. I've owned over 30 pinball machines over the years. GNR is a beast! It is the most beautiful pin I've owned. The music is great and the sound can certainly be improved via pin-woofer upgrade. The rules are complicated yet fun. It is a heavy multi-ball pin, which is my only negative comment. I understand why so many multi-balls, but hey, that's the way that it it was design, so love it or hate it. This pin is truly a challenge for the best pinball player out there. I have kept the level from factory and game adjustments except for the sling strength. Most problems are easily resolved and Jersey Jack's service support is very good. So far I've had to replace the magnet and two servos on the stage lights. This pin is certainly a keeper. It is not meant to be a high scorer, but rather enjoyment of the moment. When you play this pin in a dark room and after a couple of beers or wine you will feel as being in the concert. It is plainly an amazing pin.

#19910 2 years ago

Is there a new ruleset to play this pin? The one I have is V 1.08 and the current version is V 1.25.
Thanks.

#19973 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's wayyy old
You don't have the new intro either!
Just enable beta and install 1.25 b20 which is the latest as of now. Plenty of changes and fixes ... you really need to update.

Thanks, I'm running V 1.25 which is the latest. I was after a newer rule set and Supermas77 provided me the link. Being hooked up via WiFi makes all the difference in the world. When a new update is available, the pin will inform me when booting up.

#20182 2 years ago

I know about the crystal ball ... but does anyone has an insight as to whether the scoring may change if there is a new update? This pin is a work of art in so many ways that I think the current scoring system is not par with the pin.

1 week later
#20415 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Definitely a cool figurine. But I’ve never seen a guitarist play behind the drums. Side yes. And there’s a giant slash hat above the record spinner. So from my point of view it’s completely redundant and the factory absolutely made the right decision. Sorry to be a douche bag- I think I’m just in a douche bag sort of mood. New tequila must lead to a dark path.

Does it obstructs the mini screen behind it?

#20450 2 years ago

Is there a way to tell when you have reached the end of a song? I know about the center scoop turning blue to collect the jackpot, but before that happens is there a place to look where you stand? Cradling the ball will decrease your meter count, but many times I believe to have finished a song and then the mini screen says 4 more switches, or shots???

1 week later
#20629 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Look at the installation on You Tube

2 months later
#21725 1 year ago

Final version of my home made topper

IMG_3497 (1) (resized).jpegIMG_3497 (1) (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#22416 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I probably have 50-60 plays against the TS4 LE on location near me at this point.
I do think the game is fun to play and (as usual) has taken a lot of shit over stupid things that don't matter, at least not to me.
I've actually stopped playing it because I want to save some discovery for my own machine.
I am in on a CE... I've paid my non-refundable deposit.
We have had such a great experience with Wonka that the next Lawlor/Katz collab was a no brainer at the time.
That said, being perfectly honest and transparent here, if I wasn't committed on the CE, I would probably buy one of the used LEs that are barely touched and save around 1K off MSRP.
My reasons:
- Low Difficulty: I have serious concerns that we will play it, beat it in a few months (or weeks), and turn it back around. I'm generally ok with rent-a-pin as a thing, we've done it before with RM and JP. But my hope going into a Lawlor/Katz game is long-term replayability (with big rewards as you improve) like Wonka.
- Price: The game is just priced too high. Unless the game resonates as bolted for us, I will have to sell it when we're done and given the current LE market I am guaranteed a substantial loss on the CE. I don't mind losing *some* money on pins when I move them on, but this one might hurt.
- Delay: It irks me a lot to sit on the sidelines while everyone else enjoys their LE games. I feel punished for buying the top tier. At these new price points I might move back down to LEs going forward.

I'll be clear and straight with you. I had a LE on order and began to experience some doubts because of all the negative comments I was reading in the forum. I took delivery and I'm SO glad I did not change my mind. TS4 is a beautiful game. The light show is the best I've seen and the more I play it, the more I get to like it. It is a superb pin and don't let the negative criticism bias your opinion of this pin. I do agree that the price tag is high, and thus it is the genesis of the negative comments, but ... not withstanding it is a fun pin.

#22417 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I'll be clear and straight with you. I had a LE on order and began to experience some doubts because of all the negative comments I was reading in the forum. I took delivery and I'm SO glad I did not change my mind. TS4 is a beautiful game. The light show is the best I've seen and the more I play it, the more I get to like it. It is a superb pin and don't let the negative criticism bias your opinion of this pin. I do agree that the price tag is high, and thus it is the genesis of the negative comments, but ... not withstanding it is a fun pin.

oops, wrong post

4 months later
#23626 1 year ago

My apology in advanced if this question has been asked before, but has anybody figure out how to adjust the spinning disk for Slash? Mine has become wobbly and the ball gets trapped there too often. I raised the playfield and even removed the disk out where I can adjust the hight, but it is the wobbly effect that I'm trying to eliminate.

#23631 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Underneath the label in the center of the record there's a screw you need to tighten. If you ruin the sticker getting to it, JJP sells spares. Some people have cut an "X" with an xacto knife to access the screw, but that permanently affects the sticker.

Got it thank you so much. It is worth a try. I'll let you know by tomorrow how it worked out.

Again thanks.

#23635 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Which sticker do you have?

Chinese Democracy

#23636 1 year ago

Just tightened the top screw under the record label and everything is now working percfectly. Thanks for your guidance.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Underneath the label in the center of the record there's a screw you need to tighten. If you ruin the sticker getting to it, JJP sells spares. Some people have cut an "X" with an xacto knife to access the screw, but that permanently affects the sticker.

#23646 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So a couple options for you... if you need one...
order the entire set from JJP and put your choice on, $39 plus shipping
https://pinballwizard.com/products/guns-n-roses-platinum-record-decal-set
or I ordered the set from JJP a while back in case I would ever need it, and if thats the one you want, I've got that one if you want it pm me your address and I can mail it to you for $10 bucks.

Thanks

#23674 1 year ago

Is there a particular strategy that helps in beating the Desert Demolition mode? I just can't beat it and while I'm not a pinball wizard, I'm not a novice either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avidpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=avidpinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.