IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10845 2 years ago

Well, game #1028 finally came after an 8 month wait. Seems to have been worth the wait but it did arrive with the usual litany of NIB problems. The latch bar would not lock, the right flipper coil fell after 10 plays due to the coil stop screws falling out, the start button had 2 connectors not tied to it, and one connector for the upper left lane was not connected. Got them all fixed and I am really enjoying the game now. It really is a bit multi-ball heavy though. But, the shaker seems too intense and I am afraid it will shake my second floor loose. I will dial it down via the coil settings in the game's menu. My game does have factory installed washers (May 21 build date) but should I also install the Mylar washers that Yelobird sells? Thanks in advance for any guidance/tips.

20210604_134247 (resized).jpg20210604_134247 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#12797 2 years ago

I agree, my GNR is a total blast. I have had only minor issues with it so far and JJP'S tech support has been great to work with. And, no play field issues at all. I think GNR is JJP'S best game so far and I have all of the other games in my collection. And, I have HAD 100% positive experiences with them too. Am I just lucky? I think not. I am not a "JJP fan boy" and I have games by others manufacturers too. But to anyone sitting on the fence because of all of the JJP naysayers, you are missing out on a really great game. Just IMHO.

#12840 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

I've started to install polycarbonate washers with mylar underneath on my May LE build but I'm stuck and very frustrated : the most important posts which can cause damage and need to be fixed are in places which seem quite hard to access.
Sorry in advance for the newbie questions, I'm learning my way and it's a tough start…
The metal post on the mini playfield apparently requires the mini playfield to be removed ? It seeems to be quite complicated, is there a post somewhere on how to do it, or could someone guide me ?
What about the post on the right of the bottom bumper, same question : the plastic ramp needs to be removed ?? How ?
Also the 2 posts below the Axel lanes seem stuck in place with a T-nut whereas the other posts simply had a nut on the bottom… How the hell can I remove these ?
Finally , the left inlane post's metal washer seems to be glued (loctite?) it doesn't go away so I couldn't replace it with a polycarbonate washer. No idea go to remove it if at all possible...
Thanks in advance for the help !!

If you are doing all of that work, you should really consider installing Cliffies at the same time. You can find out more at his web site Passion for Pinballs.

#12857 2 years ago

I am having the same exact problem . I have been working with Ken @ JPP support (great guy btw) and we think the shooter lane OPTO board is bad. He sent one replacement but it was horribly defective and I had to send it back. I am waiting for another one now. One other fellow had the same problem and traced it back to a bad solder joint on a capacitor on the trough OPTO board which he was able to repair. I am hopeful that the expected new board will solve the problem . I hope all this info will be helpful to you.

#12868 2 years ago

Re. the auto launch issue under discussion here, I installed BETA V10 hoping that it might help with the problem. It did not but it did create a whole new problem. I am getting an error message on the LCD stating that the CAB Board has a communications error. Apparently that is a known problem with that BETA version. I did refer it to the BETA team at JJP and I hope theycan create a patch to clear it. In the meantime I am stuck with it. The game still plays but the LCD is obscured by the error message. My suggestion is to maybe not install the BETA V10 until they fix the problem (probably in BETA V11 or some other iteration. Have fun!

#12880 2 years ago

Good thought. I did email the JJP BETA team about my issue but I will post here as well. Thanks.

1 week later
#13112 2 years ago

Yes. I have it on mine with Lior's 'Skull' mod and it works fine and I think it looks great.

#13124 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

this is great news. I was wondering if it was going to be like a "universal" type thing. I think it would be a really nice mod.

Just be sure to get the shorter plunge spring if you are using Lior's mod (you can see how it looks on my machine in post #10845 in this thread)

2 weeks later
#13796 2 years ago

I installed the fix provided by agima2000 and it has worked perfectly ever since. So, thanks agima2000!

1 week later
#14248 2 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Two days have passed and not one single reply to this problem I expect many more owners will have. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have had a continuing problem with the skill shot sensors in the shooter lane. I keep getting periodic erroneous auto launches. Working with JJP's techs, we have determined that the Shooter Trough OPTO board is at fault and needs to be replaced. It is on a back order list now but it will be replaced under warranty. In the meantime we have to be quick when changing players between balls and we cannot consistently use the skill shot feature. Recommend you file a warranty claim with JJP as it seems to be a rather frequent problem. Hope this helps.

1 month later
#15884 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Am I the only one who has this issue semi constantly? It seems to only be connected to the proximity sensor switches in the guitar lock/keyboard insert. I’ve reseated every connector and checked for wires not seated properly in the same connectors.
This error message pops up randomly for only a second or less. Pops up multiple times each game.
[quoted image]

Only after I changed to the BETA trial did I begin to receive the same message. It would not go away until I removed the BETA version. Turns out that the BETA and subsequent V1.22 code began to use the cable. After working with Ken at JJP support we proved in that the problem was a bad cable that needs to be replaced under warranty. I am still waiting for the replacement but Ken did give me a work around using the update cable in the game that 'temporarily cured the problem' until I receive the replacement cable. In the meantime I am able to run the current game code without getting the error message. Perhaps your problem might also be the same as mine. I suggest you contact Ken via JJP's support form to get help.

#15889 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Which cable was the problem?

There is a cable with a 'mini USB' connector that runs from the control board which located on the left front side of the inside cabinet to a board in the back box. Ken had me bypass that cable by disconnecting it and running a jumper cable from that control board to the Update cable located near the coin box (same one that you would use for a wifi dongle). To do this you would need, of course, a cable that has a mini connector at one end and a standard USB connector at the other end. Before you do this, you night try reseating the cable at the control board first. If reseating the cable at both ends (at the control board and at its' terminus inside the back box at board location labelled JUSO (located at the top right hand side of the main pcb) does not resolve your problem, you can prove out if it is the cable by using the technique I described or, just call Ken.

1 month later
#18049 2 years ago

OK, I just installed the PINBALLMODZ upgrade to my GNR topper and it looks great. The animation in the LEDs is a major upgrade to the overall appearance and effects of the Topper. It also goes very well with the translight mod sold by Bob at LERMOD. I don't know why some in this string are knocking it without having seen it in person but I do think it will win over any objective person who sees/tries it. The instructions on the web site are clear and concise; amongst the best that I have seen for mods. The packaging and shipping were first rate. I agree that Vic's (PINMONK) products are hard to beat and I have bought several from him. But, he is not offering a competitor to this one and I commend him for respecting the original work done by Kyle Virginn (whom I do not know and did not pay for this review in case you are wondering). Just imho.

#18061 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You got me interested, do you have any video on YouTube? How do I order if I did want one?
I googled PINBALLMODZ and found nothing.
p.s. I dont have a facebook acct.

The web site is WWW.PINBALLMODZ.COM. enjoy!

#18069 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm done enjoying the landing page
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"df792699332e82c10f0e59a02aed4ba2b36d8a55-1638234633-1800"};
//]]>

... Just says Coming soon.

You need to open the menu to access the site. Click on the 3 bars on the upper left side of the web page to navigate through the site. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I believe he is sold out now but he does plan to resume production when he gets more supplies. Worth the wait.

#18070 2 years ago

Forgot to mention that you have to use FB Messenger to contact him

2 months later
#20546 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sounds like a great day , cool looking place .

You have no idea. It is an awesome place and a great place to buy a game. I buy all of my games from Jordan and never have had any problem with delivery, service, and pricing, and honesty. NextLevel is just a great business with great people. You can see more of his arcade/business on his website.

1 month later
#21013 1 year ago

Just finished installing Kyle Virginn's (PINBALL MODZ) "monkey mod' for my GNR Topper. The total job took about 30 minutes; could have been quicker but I was being very careful in the process. The installation instructions are excellent and the MOD itself is very high in quality. Some one mentioned that they thought that the 6 foot wiring harness was a bit short in length but I did not find it to be any problem at all. If anything, it was a bit generous. IMHO, the monkey mod really completes the JJP topper. I just wish there was some kind of shroud to enclose it all nicely within the confines of the topper so that the wiring, etc. would be less visible from a side view but that would just be the 'cherry on the top' of what is already a great mod.

1 year later
#27289 71 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I use this. Spray on a micro fiber cloth. Then wipe the glass.
Ammonia free is the main thing.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

My COSTCO sells it in a 3 pack. You can probably find it art one near you too.

1 month later
#27730 26 days ago

Can anyone please explain why all of the code updates are being released only as beta instead of the full update version. I haven't done any of the beta updates yet because of concerns that they might be 'buggy' but maybe I should have. Can I go straight to beta 40? Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=arcadem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.