IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadebar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4517 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I have that same problem for drains off the left side of the guitar lock. Consistently SDTM when released. The right side seems to push the ball away from the center while the left is straight down the middle.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was having this same left lock drop & drain 80% of the time since I brought it home last wk, changed the coil setting from 3 to 4 and now it drops to the left flipper every time, def try that if you haven’t.

#4538 3 years ago

Ok so this happened last night...if you can't lock 5 balls the correct way then here's another way!(: It started off as 2 balls with perfect bad timing jamming the drop hole, then each time I shot another ball up there to try and break them loose balls 3 4 and 5 just got stuck too.
This was the first time this happened in a week of play, however these other two spots also got stuck several times last night and have done so all week. At least on the pop if you wait for lost ball protocol it will kick it out, but the center guitar pick spot (and the fluke drain jam) require taking the glass off every time. This isn't a prob at home but I brought it to the pad first to dial it in before we put it in our tavern pin parlor, and on location we can't have mgr's taking the glass off frequently. I brought the pitch down to 6.5 but it just seemed worse and also threw off the trajectory of the inner loop/upper pf return so I bumped it back up a little, wondering how high ppl are pitching it or what's recommended?
I've also had two diverter spots where balls have gotten stuck, only once on the guitar lock right side pic included, but sev times in the middle of the two diverters leading down the middle lane on the bass - this one usually gives way after hitting the flippers a bunch. Not sure if there’s any recommended diverter tweaks?
Also on the left guitar lock (coil change from 3 to 4) after sev more hours of play we're getting about 2 out of 10 still sdtm which is way better than 8 of 10, but I went ahead and bumped the coil setting up to 5 and seemed good, will test it out more tonight. I guess if its still 2 out of 10 sdtm it won't seem too bad sitting next to our Ghostbusters!(:

IMG_3307 (resized).jpgIMG_3307 (resized).jpgIMG_3295 (resized).jpgIMG_3295 (resized).jpgIMG_3298 (resized).jpgIMG_3298 (resized).jpg
IMG_3285 (resized).jpgIMG_3285 (resized).jpg

#4547 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

that first picture is crazy! I’m guessing that’s a one in a million ball jam. But pretty cool to see! The hangup to the right of that pop bumper is the most common on this game I think. I’ve had my LE for a number of months and that is the one that usually will happen. Although at the right pitch (around 7°) it doesn’t seem to happen too often to me anymore. When I first unboxed mine, the center spinner hangup happened a couple times. But I realized that the spinner was just getting stuck and not spinning properly. It just took a little bit of adjusting and now it never happens.

Thanks for the info, so is around 7 degrees when the top of the bubble is touching the 3rd from bottom hash mark? I know the manual says touching the 2nd from bottom hash is 6.5, but my digi level is totally untrustworthy and I'm back to bubbles at the moment(: I feel like as I came down to 6.5 that pop bump stuck spot got stickier, whereas steeper it was easier to gently nudge it out to the right.
I'll have to look closer at what you're saying about the spinner, I just thought there was too much wiggle room on the right side of it and a slow ball was getting wedged in the gap, again my thought was more speed/pitch could prevent that but if the spinner is sticking then thats a different issue I need to address.
On the diverters I'd like to know if other ppl have used any kind of lubricant like what some ppl put on spinners? Otherwise my plan has just been to play the heck out of it (not hard to do!) and see if I can break them in a little before it goes into our parlor.
That left drain's a monster too it totally reminded me of Guardians/Star Wars when I first got it so I bumped that post up, I'd rather folks on location have the best experience to want to keep playing, its tough enough for anyone just stepping up to the stage! At least I know Karl has the game at home so I don't have to worry about him putting up long games at my tavern(:

#4586 3 years ago

For those having return trajectory issues from the upper pf, after 5 days of playing mine went from hitting the rubber just below the upper right flipper to hitting the metal guide for the plunged ball to playfield below it, I supposed next would be the right outlane.
If you unscrew this post and then push it forward and re-tighten it then you're back in action. When I went to unscrew mine I was surprised at how loose it was, you can sneak a skinny screwdriver through the ramp or I used a little 90degree ratchet screwdriver, no need to remove ramp and took one minute.

Upper PF return guide post (resized).jpgUpper PF return guide post (resized).jpg

#4587 3 years ago

Service Bulletin 12/08/20 NOTE:

My game is #469 born on 12/20, I checked the bulletin before first game and mine had the flat washers the bulletin said some shipped without, so I thought I was good.
First game last night on the 8th day of play I heard a thud, looked in the cab and there was the Diverter jam plate and screws/washers. When I set up the game all I did was look and notice the flat washers were there, but after thinking back on it my flat washers were installed on the wrong side of the lock washers.
So new owners if you're checking the bulletin and see the silver flat washers be sure to look closer and see if the darker lock washers are in front or behind them. The order should be screw, lock washer, flat washer, jam plate. If yours are backwards just get an Allen wrench and unscrew it and put it all back in the correct order. Maybe this could use some locktite but that wasn't included in the bulletin either.

#4590 3 years ago

After getting the jam plate sorted I added a few things, here's how the Tilt speaker blades and flipper toppers look, and some Titan accent colors on the bottom 3 flippers, left the top mini rubber factory since it was better than the bottom ones and kept some original red. I think the yellow brightens up that flipper area and ties in with some yellow down there, and a purple looked really good on the upper right but decided to go with the electric blue for now. The tilt toppers are a lighter red than I would've wanted but still add some nice accent.

IMG_3338 (resized).jpgIMG_3338 (resized).jpgIMG_3332 (resized).jpgIMG_3332 (resized).jpgIMG_3336 (resized).jpgIMG_3336 (resized).jpgIMG_3334 (resized).jpgIMG_3334 (resized).jpgTilt Blades (resized).jpgTilt Blades (resized).jpg
#4651 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Does anybody want to venture a guess what the hellthe white switch is for.

Looks like one of those Life Line - I’ve fallen and I can’t get up switches, for after you lose your jackpot on a song cause you’ve hit the scoop 76 times but just couldn’t doit on the applause and u have a heart attack

1 week later
#4979 3 years ago

Anyone else lost a big applause jackpot because your ball decides to magically stay in the pops the entire time until your flippers are killed?! Ugh...I’m ok with losing a jpot for not hitting the scoop in time if I have a chance and it’s my fault for getting stage fright at the end - that is some of the best frustration in pinball!...but seems like the jackpot timer should pause if you only have one ball in play and it’s in the pops.
Also, is a mystery ‘award’ of being forced to start a song when I don’t have it set up yet supposed to be a reward? Or just more of that codeplay with frustration/satisfaction endorphins!?

#4992 3 years ago

Whats the difference in re-calibrating a switch vs doing a single switch test? In the manual for calibrating a switch it just shows screen shots of going to the single switch test page in the admin.
1 out of 10 times I power the game on the upper left guitar lock spike just fires off continuously up and down up and down for minutes unless I recycle the games power...then its fine until X amount of times later I power it on and get the same result.
Seperately I've had 3 instances now where a game was not recognizing a ball locked in the first left lock spot on the axe head lock, and I had to recycle the game power and then it would be fine. So I'm thinking there's an issue with that first opto on the left guitar lock. I've gone into settings a few times now and done a switch test for that opto (and all 6 of the guitar lock sensors) and it always works fine. But it makes me wonder if this reoccurring spike popping up and down at power-on issue is related to that first left lock sensor?
Thanks for any help

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5190 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

However, we probably WILL put in the ability to cancel jet action by holding the flippers, but that's not in there yet. And it will most likely only work during times that really require it, like Applause and Slash Solo.

I definitely like this idea, but I still put a vote in to please automatically give a small grace period for seconds added to applause due to pops (or a setting option to do this).
I understand the thought process in why the initial decision was not to allow this, but it’s one thing to hit the ball to the upper pf on accident and drain your time or for the life of you not be able to hit it in the scoop after you’ve already hit it accidentally a hundred times, but the pops sucking the entire applause time away doesn’t make me feel frustrated with myself, it’s more of a feeling robbed by the game feeling.
I’m getting ready to put it on location so things like this and the ball getting stuck below that lower pop and people tilting out instead of knowing to wait until lost ball protocol kicks their ball out are things that can hinder repeat plays. So people knowing to double flip to kill pops is great at home but only going to be for the cool kids on location, and why wouldn’t you want to kill the pops anyway if they’re just going to kill your jackpot.

#5199 3 years ago

I can't recommend enough the Mod Couple's drum kit, it really completes the music assets that this game seriously rocks! It's not cheap but most of the coolest mods aren't anyway, imho its the jam rug that really ties the band room together, and looks like its always been there. Not only does it solidify the drums look, the full rgb lighting it allows through the heads adds a whole new element to the pops. Very nice work @yelobird!

IMG_3519 (resized).jpgIMG_3519 (resized).jpgIMG_3521 (resized).jpgIMG_3521 (resized).jpgIMG_3523 (resized).jpgIMG_3523 (resized).jpg

#5230 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Haha. So I screened shot it and the quality was horrible. Then i looked and it was better quality thanks again

Also put locktite on those two little screws when you put it back together, I didn’t the first time and the plate fell out again after two wks even with the lock washers in the correct spot so I put it on this second time

4 months later
#11059 2 years ago

Anyone have any suggestions of what cables to check if the game is just randomly shutting down during play?
The playfield lights will still be on, but the flippers die and the monitor goes blank and then reboots. It will do it every game or sometimes you can play a couple games before it does it again, and doesn’t seem to occur in any particular point during gameplay.
I took off the metal plate on the back where the power cable is and made sure the cable was snug and left the plate off, I also tried to snug in and Ethernet cable connections I could see along the bottom of the pf, but no luck.
Thanks for any suggestions

#11068 2 years ago

Thanks, I don’t have an old atx, I guess I can try another power cable.
When you say service outlet, do you mean the surge protector it’s plugged into? It’s brand new and only one other game plugged into it and it runs fine. Also there’s no issues during attract mode, it just reboots during gameplay for some reason.

#11073 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You MIGHT have some corruption on your SSD that a full USB install of the code could fix. I guess you could try that, too.

Yes I thought about trying a full code update today and downloaded the latest code (full) and put it into the USB port inside left of coin door, then powered the game on, I saw code loading up so I walked away and did some more things then I noticed it beeped and the game was on/loaded up way faster than normal load up sequence. This is my first Jjp to update software so I’m not sure if it actually updates, and the issues still persisted on the subsequent test games.

#11075 2 years ago

If it takes 20-30 mins for the full upload of new code then I know for a fact it didn’t install cause it was quicker than a normal boot up.
So do I do anything else special to upload the code other than pop usb drive into the empty port on the inside left of the coin door and then power the game on?

#11083 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope, that's it. (But the USB thumb drive has to be prepared with ubootnetin so it's bootable and has the image unpacked on it before you do this)

Ok thanks for this info Monk I greatly appreciate the help

#11113 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Switch matrix problem , something wrong with row “x”
Go into matrixed switch test and look at all of your switchs

Thanks I’ll check that out when I’m back at the machine, so a switch is getting locked open/closed maybe and it’s causing the game to flip out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 11,000.00
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadebar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=arcadebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.