IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4693 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I have that same problem for drains off the left side of the guitar lock. Consistently SDTM when released. The right side seems to push the ball away from the center while the left is straight down the middle.
From watching your videos it looks like the balls trajectory is changed once it falls down onto that step beneath it. After investigating the issue on my own machine I believe the ball is hitting the ramp support before it drops to the playfield. This is pushing it back towards the middle and causing the drains (at least on my machine).

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does the ball land on the play field or bump off of something on the way down?

3 weeks later
#5513 3 years ago

I have connected subwoofers to my pins for years. Makes a big difference in sound particularly music pins.

If you want to Macgyver it and save money but still reap the benefits of great sound and better low end, a low cost solution is using a crossover capacitor ($2) and running speaker wires from the pins sub to an external sub. As well, you can connect 2 pins to 1 sub for a extra cost savings solution.

#5540 3 years ago

If you have a receipt with the $9500 price you are good!

#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:Its all about increasing profits... its great for existing owners...not so great for new buyers.....so is this gonna be JJP LE pricing in the future or only on games that sell well? A.... so are future CE's now gonna be $15K ? I'm sure when the dust settled they sat around the table and wished they priced it higher

Considering the CEs sold out in 2 hours, yeah, you can bet they figured they left money on the table...

#5573 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If I had to guess , I would say that they have sold more pins than they thought they were ever going to make , so why not put a extra thousand bucks on them , it's all gravy from here .
It sucks if you wanted one and haven't got around to putting in your order .
I've heard they have already sold over 3,500 games . GNR will sell out .
After running at a loss for so long , it's time to cash in .

3500!!! When I saw their Limited number was 5000, I thought they'd NEVER hit that, and it was an open ended number, but a number to call it a Limited. If that's the case, no wonder they have raised the price - and hopefully they will develop a fund for customers with play field issues. I have to admit, this will be my first JJP purchase after owning Stern and CGC. Ive been interested in JJP for some time and tried to buy Dial In, Hobbit and POTC on the used market. They have either been unavailable or WAY too expensive, POTC in mind. So, when I put my deposit down in December it was after I saw that Meunier was behind it and thought, just get it, since it too will be difficult/impossible to find in the used market. I guess we will see.

#5659 3 years ago

Does anyone know if PinGraffix is doing blades for GnR?

#5661 3 years ago

I'm considering it, with those leds on the side...be very nice. Sorry to hear you didn't get DP.

#5672 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I have these on mine, they look great! Just a reminder to everyone though... there’s barely any room between cabinet and playfield so my blades got nicked right away. That sucked! Oh well, I need some of the blade protectors now.
Here are some pics;
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great pics!! I like the art of those side blades, just not the "legendary" writing on it... Picky, I know...but those pics make it look really nice, thanks

#5673 3 years ago

Like how your able to take the play field right our and put on a table, how tricky was that?

#5696 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

So super easy and worth it to remove. There’s usually plenty of wiring to remove it but you just have to keep it close to the machine. Also, you just need a second pair of hands. My 12 year old has helped me before and my wife helped me on GNR.
Here’s a pic of mine with playfield removed. Tool chest is the perfect height and size for it.[quoted image]

I have that tool chest. When you pull out the play field where do you hold it?

I've done 8 sideblades with play field up in the past, but thinking mirrors so this is an option!!

#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I agree completely. I don't understand why they would ruin an otherwise great looking blade with that huge text.

I actually reached out to tilt asking if they can do a version without "legendary" on it...

1 month later
#6868 3 years ago

So, has anyone recently taken delivery of a new LE recently? If so, when did you put your deposit down?

#6983 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

I had an unfortunate mishap. Went off the end of the rail. Seems like a stop is missing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How many times have I pulled a play field back with a new machine expecting the stop to be there? EVERY time. Yours is no disgrace my friend. Someone should be getting their ass kicked for this oversight!!

#6984 3 years ago

So, has anyone installed a cliffy for the scoop area? How much of a PITA is it??

#7069 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Super-Bands outlast any/all silicone.

True!! But, not the same feel. But that being said I put super bands on games that are fast and furious since you don't need the extra bounce.

1 week later
#7473 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Hoping someone with make a video of the removal of the upper playfield to install the Cliffy. I'm a bit nervous to do this without a guide.

Ohh, I would love to see a guide to that as it seems that cliff's are a must and can be complex to install

#7474 3 years ago

Thanks for the cliffy guide!

1 week later
#7762 3 years ago

Looks like tilt graphics had to pull the poster graphics they had on their legendary sideblades. Was the best part of the side blades. Still hoping that new ones come out

2 months later
#11456 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I heard that Pingraffix is going to release pinblades July 4th 2021 you may want to wait to see these.... I hear they are something special...

Where did you hear this?

#11473 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I hear things.........Its nice having important friends.

Friends in low places, hmmm? Well, I hope it's rigjt because the existing side blades suck. I've been considering mirror blades, but I much prefer graphics...

#11527 2 years ago

So, has anyone received their GnR and ordered in December?

5 months later
#17783 2 years ago

New GnR owner here, finally. Has anyone had problem with one of the guitar head release rods engaging (dropping) repeatedly and getting points with no play taking place. It seems to only happen on game start-up. No errors are registering.

1 month later
#19054 2 years ago

What switch registers Duff for collecting band members, im sending the ball to the bass ramp, but he is not registering as collected

#19057 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

When you hit the hole for the bass ramp, is it quickly scoring and kicking the ball up to the bass ramp, or is it sitting in there for many seconds and starting a ball search?
Go into switch test and put a ball in there.

It's scoring it and kicking...I did the switch test and it worked. Then played a ball and it registered. Is there a time it doesn't register on purpose, like during a multiball?

#19059 2 years ago

How many times do you have to hit the bass ramp to qualify Duff.

#19060 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

If i wasn't on this forum i would never have heard oif rush. i still have not heard a single song the sung to my knowledge.
Quite happy as i am too.

Omg!!! That is just...sad!! If you like prog, listen to 2112...it will kinda relate to never hearing rush

#19062 2 years ago

Dude, they sold out Wimbly stadium 2 nights in a row and it was, idk, 100k plus concert in Rio.

1 month later
#20669 2 years ago

What are the limited numbers are being delivered these days?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=animal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.