IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZoraShinoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18305 2 years ago

2 quick questions, apologize if these have been answered previously.
For Pinwoofer, anyone know what the Amplifier Mounting bracket is for? Is that just an optional item to secure the Amp?
Scorbit - is their automatic integration or do i need to buy the scorbitron device for scorbit to work with GNR?
Thanks!

1 week later
#18528 2 years ago

Good news - #2372 showed up today!
Bad news - got to wait a few days to unbox it cuz my house is in the middle of being painted

20211216_191459 (resized).jpg20211216_191459 (resized).jpg
#18535 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats!! What's the last four of your serial number?
Who did you order it from?

2393 - MFG DATE - Oct 2021- from little shop of games

3 weeks later
#19050 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Strategically placed piece of drop dead ball foam on the pop skirt fixed the issue 100% for me. Iā€™ll probably look for something more permanent if the foam ever comes off, but Iā€™ve been running with it for about a month. [quoted image]

I just got my game and I'm having this issue as well what exactly did you place at the bottom of the pop bumper? What is drop dead ball foam?

#19083 2 years ago

Just setup my machine, i noticed there is a plastic piece sticking up in front of the Playfield LCD, is this correct or should this be flush and it somehow got bent? (The red plastic, not the clear one)

GNR-Mini-LCD (resized).jpgGNR-Mini-LCD (resized).jpg

#19086 2 years ago

Thanks guys, got the plastic back behind the orbit guide and adjusted the rubber ring, i figured that was not correct like that but just wanted to validate before moving that piece etc... Thanks again!

#19144 2 years ago

Hey guys I was just looking over my game and noticed there is no rubber on the post between the, AMP/GNR. Is this correct or should there be a rubber at the top of the post?

20220109_154724 (resized).jpg20220109_154724 (resized).jpg
#19282 2 years ago

What triggers that Axl magnet to activate?

#19335 2 years ago

I'm Regards to the few people who are posting about ordering one, I think it's likely you'll find one in stock if you call a few distributors. Back in May of last year I was deciding between an in stock JP premium and ordering a GNR with my distro. I decided to take the in stock JP Prem as he said I was looking at 6 months for GNR and just figured down the line I would get a GNR when more were made. Fast forward to November, I called my Distro about something else and he told me he had some GNRs available if I was interested as he remembered I was considering 1 last year and I pulled the trigger and had it at my place a few weeks later.

#19465 2 years ago

Anyone else notice that for Mystery Award if it chooses "Light Song" it starts the song and not just light it. Is that intentional? I would think that Start Song starts it while light song just lights it. Both seem to do the same.

#19486 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

The mystery award of start song needs to go! Or at least be able to disable it in settings.
Really pisses me off when I'm not ready to start a song and the ball
accidentally falls in the scoop starting a song.

Was thinking this earlier, would be great to remove start song and light sing from mystery in the settings.

#19504 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Effing Scorbit!
Finally had a good (great for me) game and landed on 92m by the end.
Scorbit recorded it but it didn't get put on the board so it doesn't count. I'm still sitting at 71m on there.
Dangit.
I have since put the auto record/save to leaderboard back ON.
I'm. A. Doofus.

Is there a setting for auto save to leaderboard?

#19513 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Yes, there is. However, you have to claim the slot somehow (QR or manually via navigation) or we don't know it's you.
Auto-save (prompting off) works by saving it to leaderboard even if the app is closed, but the slot needs to be claimed in the first place.
We have an auto-claim feature but it requires the app the be open, and we're going to be ending it soon due to issues with people claiming games they don't want to claim. Instead, we're setting up Hog Mode, which allows you to play multiple games in succession on the same account if you own the game and you don't walk away for a certain period of time (at which point ti turns off Hog Mode like a kill switch).

Hog mode sounds awesome, is it like goat mania in Jurassic park? J/k
I'm looking forward to this as I often times play multiple games in a row and in between each game I have to pull out my phone and wait for the auto login to kick in.
Thanks for being an active participant in this thread and responding to question and feedback!

#19767 2 years ago

I never knew until reading this thread that the sticker on the record is different for everyone. Mine is use your illusion 1. When I got the game I did find it odd that that was the album they chose to put there but now knowing the above it makes more sense.

1 week later
#19963 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

You mentioned maxed out song level - what is the max sing level? I think Iā€™ve had in the 160s before but Iā€™m not certain. Is that number still the same max if you go into an encore song? Anyone know if there is a max for album modes?

I would say probably 200, last week I remember getting 183.

#19996 2 years ago

I took a nice gift today from the game, was down to 1 ball on a song, hit the scoop to progress to the next part of the song and decide between collect/add a ball, i guess song was about to end as while i took a few seconds to make up my mind, it said Applause Jackpot collected, guess it triggered since the song ended and ball was already in the scoop.

#20077 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

That's pretty cool looking. Maybe the 'humans at work' could return emails??? Or perhaps they should hire robots to communicate with their customers. Honest mistake is fine, but not responding to emails is just stupid considering the amount of money being spent on luxury items. It's just bad business and really no excuse unless Dave is dead or in jail.

LOSG is the distributor I've gotten all my games from, got the shooter rod and art blades from them when I purchased the g&r machine, they forgot to include the shooter rod quick phone call it was here a few days later. I suggest calling or texting Dave he's pretty responsive if you don't have his number PM me and I'll give it to you

#20223 2 years ago

Well this was a new one for me, had all four booster multi-balls going and then this crap happens, trying to shake them loose I of course tilted the machine....

20220210_011920 (resized).jpg20220210_011920 (resized).jpg
#20226 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Magnetized balls? Looks like they are sticking to the rails.
Not using chromed balls are you?

I don't think they are, is there an easy way to check for magnetization? I still using the balls that shipped with the machine.

#20232 2 years ago

Will try the lube solution, not super concerned, was first time this occurred and have had the game for 6 weeks. As someone else mentioned i have had it happen a few times on the Bass guitar after the VUK, always just shook it loose as it was only 1 ball not 4 like here, will lube them both up.

2 weeks later
#20623 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'm just getting into the strategy of GNR, so I don't know all the ins and outs yet, but one thing has really stuck out so far so I have to ask. Does Thirst for Carnage seem like a punishment to anyone else or am I missing something? One ball, very low scoring, basically a road block to progression and I would say 4/5 times I play it, I lose my ball during it. Is there something you should do before starting it to make it worthwhile? Patch for increase Thirst for Carnage scoring? Does that even make a big enough difference? Just wondering what the best way to handle this mode is.

I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but the album mode where you shoot the cannon is much much easier if you get the use your illusion 2 patch that allows for the cannon to wrap around, without that patch it's very difficult to move the cannon in the direction you need.

Has already noted you can skip album modes but keep in mind you must play them in order to get to the final wizard mode

#20647 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'll be honest... It freaked me and the wife out pretty bad haha.
I wonder what happened though, because no one was in the room with the game. Maybe reflection of light off wall???
Either way, I think I'll turn it off when I'm not playing from now on haha.

It frequently startles my dog when he walks by, he gets very confused

1 week later
#20707 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think it's 10 seconds actually and you always get applause option in the last 10 seconds of the song no matter how many balls in play.
I think to light the cash out option you need to have met the requirement shots to complete the mode and then hit center which should be all lit up green at that point and LCD says mode completed hit center scoop. It's easier in certain songs and you get it more often. The hardest song is civil war I think. It's easy to get boo'd off stage for me.
If you don't get the cash out/add a ball on the scoop then it's probably not green and you still have another shot to make. Should be indicated in small LCD and by call out and by playfield lights.. I think.... I'm still in the beginning journey of learning this game!
So what gives the light extra ball option on single ball/ mode completed cash out? Dunno. I think I knew but can't remember. Some assist needed on this answer..

In order to also get the extra ball during the cash out option you need to have completed all three outlines amp GNR and jam during the song.

2 weeks later
#20993 2 years ago

Just had a good game where I played one song from every album. Think I drained during one of them.
Also played Tour and Slash Solo.
All inserts were red except Use Your Illusion 2. Anyone know why?
Also, does that mean I was almost at Not In This Lifetime?
[quoted image]

You have to play the song from the album for 3 minutes to light it. You probably drained on that albums song prior to 3 minutes.

#20997 2 years ago

Good to know!
So since I had everything else lit red, if I happen to have that one red, would that have meant I could have gone to the final wizard?

Yes, you need to start each album mode (not complete), slash and tour.
http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

and

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/wp-content/themes/yootheme/cache/JJP-GNR-rulesflow-ac899a8d.jpeg

#21073 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

I appreciate the reply. Still working away at trying to get them disconnected but they are very stubborn! I can wiggle the plug a bit but thats about it. It's almost like there is some kind of clip that I can't see holding it together. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Are you pushing down on the little tab in the middle?

#21083 2 years ago

My left servo(s) is acting up, the left spotlight just kinda jiggles and doesn't really move, there was mention of checking a screw to tighten before replacing the servos as a possible fix, which screw are people talking about?

2 weeks later
#21300 2 years ago

I was having an issue with my left flipper a while back where it wasn't snapping back into place, i ordered some replacement springs, that didn't fix it and just wound up doing a full flipper replacement which fixed my issue.

Link to springs i ordered - https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-extension-spring.html.
Here is the kit i ordered if interested in doing full replacement, was the first time i ever did a replacement of all the parts and was able to do it without issue in about 20 minutes, was very simple.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-rebuild-kit-williamsbally-081993-101998-spooky-2014-present-jjp-2012-present.html
I also ordered some extra sleeves and coil stops just in case. All pretty inexpensive items.

If you need only specific items go to https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf and page 121/122, all flipper part numbers are listed, you can search pinball life website by the part number, they have most parts.

One other useful item to make sure the flipper has the right spacing between the playfield - https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0162-00&Category_Code=

3 weeks later
#21581 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Neat glitch. Not exactly easy either.
FAR Part 46
[quoted image]

Something with letting demolition derby time out at a certain point I believe, Buffalo pinball posted a video about it.

1 week later
#21657 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Also I'm not sure exactly how it works but if you're not in a song and you're locking balls it will release them sometimes and up on the big screen you'll see it say what ball that is.. ie. fourth ball locked or fifth ball locked ..even though there's not five balls in the guitar lock It's a virtual lock. Somebody can explain why this happens but my initial guess is it's because you need balls in the trough to feed for the multi-balls? I'm fuzzy on this logic

If you are in one of the pre-song multiballs pyro lights etc and you lock a ball it immediately releases it but virtually locks it.

2 weeks later
#21843 1 year ago

Few weeks ago I had asked about hog mode over in the scorebit thread and I was informed that it's delayed because the developers who were working on it are located in the Ukraine and obviously there is a situation going on there.

#21933 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but hopeful future owner with a question:
I have a 28ā€ doorway leading to my gameroom and canā€™t fit a JJP game through, as the backbox width is 29ā€. Has anyone dealt with a similar situation and had to remove the head? Feel free to message me directly with any advice so as not to clutter this thread, but Iā€™m really hoping to get one these

Remodel house and this doorway.
Or sell house and buy more pinball friendly house, time to move out of Medford. (J/k), I used to live in shamong!
Or scroll up 50 posts to someone discussing the same problem along with the solution to remove the backbox.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/438#post-6977753

3 weeks later
#22214 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I want to install the GT pin Pinwoofer kit .
I've watched the install video like 10 times , but it doesn't mention the extra speakers , and seems to skip over important bits .
If anyone knows where I could find clear instructions or any tips , would love to know .

I don't have the link handy but hurry up pinball has a video for installing the tweeters as well.

Secondly if you get stuck on anything just shoot Dan an email. I got stuck on one part and emailed Dan and got a response back with in an hour and he told me he was replying from his phone told me how to fix my issue and told me he would respond back again in the morning if that didn't fix my issue as he was out for dinner with his wife or something.

1 month later
#22709 1 year ago

Can someone share a picture of how their start button is wired please? Or a link to it in the manual, i can't seem to find it.

My start button works to start the game but it doesn't light up one of the connectors came undone I was working on something else and not sure where it goes.

#22710 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Thank you - a little pricey, but would definitely work. Was also looking for a basic red one to consider as well with no success.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Start-Button-Switch-Assy-Red.html

#22716 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

See picture. Arrows - red, yellow, white, are for the switch. Green arrows are for the light.
Call Jack get LTG : ) Back.
[quoted image]

Thank you got it working again!

#22757 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thinking out loud; has anyone ever completed the AXL wheel of roses (bonus multiplier)? Curious if thereā€™s any Easter eggs or hidden nuggets for it.

What is this and how do you complete it?

#22795 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Agreed, also:
1. It should have a 1-2 second ball save built in when you complete each stage through the guitar locks, sometimes those balls rolling right through the guitar lock without having to stop have a mind of their own SDTM.
2. It should be harder to qualify, make it after you progress at least 3 songs in the game, then it's like a real concert, you're not seeing Slash soloing so early on in the set, and if I'm getting lucky hitting the record, sometimes it comes up way way too soon
3. I think everyone agrees the risk vs reward is completely off. Too much risk with a very high probablility of draining doesn't make it worth the effort. Now give me some patches and some huge Jackpot then we're on the right track
4. At least give the option to cancel the solo or postpone/pass

All of this. Between the randomness of where the ball goes after hitting the record and the guitar lock drains, it's quite frustrating.

2 months later
#23590 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Might give these a try. Any GNR owners recommend? Thoughts on color choices and the bushings?

I bought them and am pleased with the purchase. I went with black and like the look. I got the bushings too in like them as well. One thing to note for the third flipper it's much easier to remove the speakers that are above the flipper.

20220828_134858 (resized).jpg20220828_134858 (resized).jpg20220828_134904 (resized).jpg20220828_134904 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#23881 1 year ago

Where does one get these black mirror blades?

1 week later
#23956 1 year ago

I don't have the link handy, but somewhere in this thread is a link to a website where you could buy all six replacement stickers for the record for $30, so if you have to cut a hole in the decal you can order those and then also choose which album sticker you want on your spinner as well as have backups

1 week later
#24044 1 year ago

For the startup with the spotlights etc... It runs that mode after startup and after the game has sat a while since a game was played. There is 1 setting for it in Game Settings called "Game Start Big Effect" but it is only and on /off setting.

4 months later
#25536 11 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That's what I kept hearing from people too, "why don't you stream", "you should stream", stuff like that. Getting the equipment wasn't a big deal. Getting the setup figured out so camera angles are good, wires and stands out of the way, decent lighting, and etc. is a whole different task. I'm almost done with that. Then there's the amount of zoom, lighting, white balance & etc. to dial in. After that I still have to set up the stream software, and get it all connected to what? YouTube, Twitch, both of those, and/or others? Who knows. I still have to figure all that out.
I hope after I finally get it all dialed in everywhere that moving it to a different machine only requires a few minor camera angle adjustments.
I keep thinking about Estranged. I know I've had the patch setup that worked for big points on other songs, 6 balls locked & plenty of boosters but still no big points on it. I wish I could remember what song levels I am getting when I get to that song.
Do you remember at all if you played any other Use Your Illusion II songs prior to Estranged? I think when you play a song on an album it boosts your album score and I think the album score also helps boost the song level on other songs from the same album. Playing something else (and doing half decent) from that album is about the only thing I didn't do prior to going into Estranged.

Download OBS. It integrates with twitch very easily and you could set up all your different cameras in one view. I'm not a streamer but I participated in the Godzilla challenge tournament and you had to stream your entries, I used OBS to do it. You can then download your videos from twitch and upload them to YouTube. That's what a lot of streamers do.

#25539 11 months ago

Here is a helpful page from Deadflip I used a while back when I was setting up a stream. Covers from budget to more expensive rigs as well as setting things up.
https://www.deadflip.com/howtostreampinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZoraShinoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=ZoraShinoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.