IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Valorguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 3 years ago

I'm in for a CE. Looks like many differences well worth the jump in price IMO.

2 weeks later
#1213 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No cameras, no recorders! Ha! They lost that battle.

So - At A concert I went to in 2005 - they even tried taking people's cameras/phones... We've come a long way lol.

#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I totally agree although this area needs a much better protector. This scoop is gonna take a beating. Unfortunately in the past JJP has had a problems in this area. They tried to make their own protector for DI LE and it was crap. I had to replace mine with Cliffs version. I really don't understand why they don't go to Cliff and have him make protectors that can be factory installed. I mean whats another $20 on a $9500 game?

CGC put the scoop protector on my MB LE I just bought from them. This was just "Factory", as I didn't ask for it. That's the sign of a company that obviously sees the consumer "want" and cares about quality.

BTW - Selling that MB so I can get this GnR CE. We'll see if that's a good or bad move in time.

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe so but what about Nickelback

BOTH excellent entertainers/groups.

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That Batman is bullshit .
Do you have a consumer affairs over there , a government authority , where you can complain about a product .

Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You wanna see pooling?
Have a ganders of my shit box NIB IMDN
What did Stern do - Jack shit...
Or how about my NIB Ribbed BM66?
Crickets!
Here’s hoping GnR is good to me [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Better Business Bureau lists these complaints on their site and what the Company said/did about it. I would actually file and online report and be prepared to send you correspondence in with it. That playfield isn't acceptable.

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

BBB is a scam
Companies pay to be members and get negative reviews settled in their favor

It gets results, period.

#1478 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I got to say it would be nice if someone like Keith from JJP could say something to ease concerns of the machines that are coming out now?I realize that can’t necessarily address the past issues but they need a spokesman here occasionally.

They don't say anything relevant on here....

#1584 3 years ago

That's a southern expression MEANING - "What do you mean" ?

Didn't know you guys in CA used that one, lol.

#1587 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

We don’t. He’s in San Francisco

I forget that the Bay Area Looks down on California, lol.

#1801 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Ok, easiest way to bend the upper bracket is this. Remove the Axle sculpt by removing the 2 nylock nuts. Once that's off, there's a screw holding the end of the bracket in place. You can gain a little bit of clearance by adjusting the bracket there. I had to gain a bit extra with some pliers. Once that sculpt is removed, its so much easier to maneuver and see what you're doing without damaging anything.

Thanks for this info !

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

She's a Dog lover lol.

Rather a dog than a cat....

#1905 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My friend got his SE yesterday.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Factory post black discs at playfield surface to hide the imperfections?

#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...you’re asking the same question in all threads...(I’ll save you your time), Wyopin answer you this:
-"My guess is they’re serving as a reassurance that the PF doesn’t chip in areas of frequent pooling, rather than “hiding” it...."

So you have no answer, lol...

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Unique CE-Exclusive Playfield Artwork featuring JJP Sparkle
Showcasing Walmart special .................................black rubber washers

EXACTLY !

#1940 3 years ago

Everyone's obsession with the sound coming from these machines is incredible !

#2094 3 years ago

#2102 3 years ago

Hopefully this will be fixed also before My CE gets on the line.

#2134 3 years ago

I have issues with my Avengers LE and Stern is taking care of it.

I did have to email them several times to get things situated, but in the course of 5 emails, I am all set !

People with issues should spend time calling and emailing JJP. In the time it takes to constantly complain here about it, the issue could (possibly) be resolved.

These machines cost a lot of money, and a certain amount of due dilligence (speaking with the company via emails, phone calls, etc) is warranted on the purchaser's part.

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Looks fantastic. IMHO it looks better than the CE shooter plate. LE owners can pimp out their machine to look better than the CE.

Sorry but no.... LOL

Just jealous they couldn't get a CE or afford it.

#2344 3 years ago

EXACLTY - worth whatever anyone is willing to pay.

2 weeks later
#2958 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You’ve got it completely tits up. International Passenger aircraft movements are down significantly and subsequently Air freight rates are through the roof. There has been some conversion of passenger planes to freight, but does not even come close to the capacity lost due to the massive collapse of passenger plane movements.

"tits up"?

#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

All games have non refundable deposits

My CE did not require a nonrefundable deposit.....

3 months later
#6758 3 years ago

Guys, I have tried updating MANY times on wifi and it looks like it updates, but the version shows 1.16 AFTER the reboot. Look carefully - is anyone's machine actually updating to 1.17?

Spoke to support who told me to leave the coin door open, but wifi strength is at 100% - I did this any way - no luck.

I put in a support ticket.

IF anyone actually is running 1.17 - it should hopefully fix where the Ball comes out during score calculating.... That is what mine is doing on 1.16 and it's annoying as hell - and basically unplayable since the score won't be accurate for the next player/next ball.

#6800 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i think it only looks like that if you download the original file to your USB stick. I downloaded it to my pc and then extracted it to my USB stick so you only see one file. i think what I see is fine.

Not doing a full install, delta install.

I finally broke down and did the DELTA UPGRADE (Not full install) so that I didn;t have to backup settings, etc...

On the delta install you will have only 2 folders. The Initial zip folder and then the folder where you extracted it to the root directory (EX - G:\). So 2 "Yellow" folders. One is the zip kind and one is just the folder. The extracted stuff will be in the yellow folder that came from the zipped folder.
Delta Upgrade (resized).pngDelta Upgrade (resized).png

It did work for me - so now on 1.17.... But now wondering if my wifi card in the machine was fried by that 1.16 Gremlin code??

#7100 3 years ago

I see a new code update to 1.18.... Facebook shows the update. Confusing part is that is gives links that you must download (not wifi) if you have V 1.15, 1.16, or 1.17....

I just spoke to Ken at JJP about this - he didn't have any news on it yet.

My issue is that this is the FULL ISO file. (Full update). So - no easy Delta update. However, there is a Delta upgrade listed on the support website.

What did you guys do - did the Delta upgrade work, or did you do a full install?

#7121 3 years ago

I did a DELTA update from 1.17 to 1.18 just now - via USB and it went fine. However, now I have some other issues. I didn't make applause jackpot on a song and when the balls drained, the computer rebooted... Not sure if that's a bug? Also - when I turn on the machine now, I see a couple of lines of code saying BIOS error (2) and method parse/execution failed (2)....

It finally boots and I can play a game...

Is this something to worry about?

#7124 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Not sure, if you can get me a video or picture of what you're seeing, I'll let you know!
Certainly the game shouldn't crash, though. If you can send me a log dump, I'd appreciate it. keith at jerseyjackpinball.com

Will send both right now. Sent support ticket also just now. Thanks for the help !

#7156 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Updated to 1.18. first game i play powerdrain all my balls at once on rocket queen and before the bonus is added to my score the game reboots. Saw this happen on stream as well this weekend on Derek who was on Beta 1.18.

Mine also rebooted. Please file a ticket with JJP support. It's the only way we're going to ever get this code fixed.... Can we PLEASE just go back to 1.14???

2 weeks later
#7863 3 years ago

I reported my magnet wasn't working and they sent a replacement. Should I install it or wait until software/hardware are updated?

Anyone here know what could be done to utilize the magnet less, to make the coil/resistor last longer? Not sure if that's a software issue... It would seem like the coil/resistor would work as many times as needed for a certain amount of times. Is this a bad batch of hardware they have with the combo they sent me?

9 months later
#19482 2 years ago

I know there is a post containing exactly how to install the Cliffy's.... I just can't concentrate long enough to find it. I've had my CE for a while now but have yet to install these - just not looking forward to removing the upper playfield...

Does anyone have this post bookmarked?

Thanks in advance

1 year later
#24732 1 year ago

Started playing my CE again - I really love this machine ! It's a gem, and a keeper.

I buy pins I want and like, I could care less what other people want or like.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Valorguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Valorguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.