IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trojanlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11604 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Anyone know what the Fog switch does on the upper playfield?
I’m still looking for the Special
For those that bought mirror blades that fit perfect, where did you buy them?
I added a Polk subwoofer yesterday and wow what a difference!

Mirror blades available at Tilt Graphics.

#11662 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Is the "Not In This Life Time" speaker set on the right hand side supposed to light up or is it just decals? Mine has that a light that shines on the playfield but the top of the speakers don't light up.

The speakers do not light up. They are just decals. If you want them to light up, get the Pinstadium Concert Edition! It adds a ton of light to the game in a great way.

2 weeks later
#12230 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Which Switch? THANK YOU!

Your Pyro switch behind the hat is rubbing. Just make a slight adjustment.

#12438 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Any CE owners installed Pinwoofer kits? Is it needed?

It is a HUGE improvement. Even though you disconnect the soundbar you will never miss it. Great bass increase but the clarity and sharpness the new tweeters bring is the biggest improvement.

#12446 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You can’t leave the sound bar connected?

You can but it will muddle the sound because you can’t replace the tweeters in the sound bar. I promise you will not miss it. Sound is louder and clearer even without it.

1 month later
#14931 2 years ago

Can anyone advise what they use to clean the playfield?

Also, how do dark spots form on the pinballs. Should they be cleaned as well?

Thanks

1 week later
#15376 2 years ago

Pacman11 - Pinwoofer’s kit is outstanding. Completely changed the game. I added a sub as well which puts it over the top but many may not feel the need. Cannot recommend this kit enough.

3 weeks later
#16430 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

So….
I was in a song with 4 balls in play and locked them all in the guitar lock. No power chord, No missing balls, no stuck balls - nothing until the ball search fired and didn’t find anything - then all the balls unlocked. It’s probably the 4th or 5th time this has happened.
Anybody have this happen?

A number of balls required to trigger power cord will vary depending on circumstances before you start a song.

3 weeks later
#17386 2 years ago

The New Ultra + Pinstadium Concert Editions are beyond description. I was lucky enough to be a recipient of the first run of 50 Concert Editions. They improved the game so much in every way. They did not change the light show that Eric designed - they enhanced it. Most criticisms I have read have never seen these in person. I cannot tell you how much these improve visibility and add to the WOW factor of this game. Then Scott went and added Ultra +. I am speechless with the impact these lights have on this game. It is really amazing. This and the Pinwoofer mod make this game off the charts and without comparison. Unlike other games where you have to elect what flasher to connect Pinstadiums to, these completely sync with the game in every way. I love them so much much I paid full price for the updates (and no I am not trying to sell my first set for $650). Please PM me if you need any other information. If you have GNR, you have to get these as soon as Scott makes them available again.

#17391 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Pinstadiums are a waste of coin at the best of times. Particularly on gnr. My gnr is a lightshow masterpiece without them and I doubt adding pinstadiums would do anything but water down the stock lighting effects... which are the best I've ever seen. Oh wait... I didn't see the word "Ultra" added in the product description. I may be wrong.

It doesn’t water down anything. It enhances everything. If you have not seen them in person, you have no clue what you are missing.

#17405 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I'm seriously considering pinwoofer next but I seldom play it up really loud.

The pin woofer system improves the sound quality dramatically at all volumes. It’s an incredible difference.

1 month later
#19027 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

For those who installed the pinwoofer on a GNR - for the main 8” speaker it says to remove the metal grate bc it can rattle. Well mine is not only stapled down but there are metal screw holes (female) are threaded through it. How did you remove those or did you just install it with the metal grate left in? Help is very much appreciated!
[quoted image]

I did not remove mine and have had no issues or rattles by leaving it in.

#19028 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have the Sven speaker kit installed on my game and every single time I hit the upper vuk the ball gets stuck between the diverter and the bottom of the amp piece
Does this happen to anyone else and what is the solution?
Here is what mine looks like

I just wanted to clarify that I replaced Lior's Backstage kit with Sven's. The problem you are experiencing is a major issue for Lior's design, but not Sven's. If you keep having this issue, you should contact Sven for a replacement as I have never had this issue with Sven's which is a far superior design to Lior's. I actually like Lior's amp a little better, but the frustration of the ball jamming as you pictured was just too much for me to tolerate anymore so a I switched to Sven's. Other than the look of the amp, Sven's kit is better in every way and is far more secure. It also allow the Xeno mounts to be installed for the PinStadium lights which Lior's does not.

Hope this helps all.

#19030 2 years ago
Quoted from goofy1994:

Question - Is anyone using Titan Super Shiny pinballs in their GNR and if so, are you having any issues with them becoming magnetized?
Thanks in advance. ~ J

They work perfectly fine without issue.

#19031 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I know that one for the tour video but the other two are new for me. Anyone knows that easter egg code?

How do we access any of the videos Eric showed were in the game?

2 weeks later
#19653 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I hear the backstage kit can mess with the bass ramp, and the right ramp speaker wont work with pinstadiums because of the mounts for it...
Not sure i need the backboard/trough kit, since i have the pinstadiums... am i mistaken?

The Xeno Mounts for the Pinstadiums totally work for me with Sven's kit. They do not work with LIOR's.

Also, if you have Pinstadiums, you will not need the extra spotlight on Axel. Those light him up pretty well.

#19657 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I already have Lior’s full mods for my game, but I like some of the pieces in Sven’s kit, so I messaged him for a quote for both of his kits. I don’t need more lights on GNR LE, but I’m sure the pinstadiums are cool. Where did you order the switch cover bullets? I might use one or two of those, but not all 5 or 6

Sven’s backstage kit is a better set. His amp mod will not interfere with the ball the way Liors can.

With the Pinstadiums, I have had the first run and still upgraded tot the Ultra plus in round two. I cannot tell you how much these add to the game. Also unlike other pin stadiums, these are synced completely to the game itself. The Xeno mounts are great but they will only work with Sven’s kit.

1 week later
#19943 2 years ago

I have LIORS backstage set available for $250 unmodified.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/128649

2 months later
#21424 1 year ago

Does anyone know exactly what activates the AXL magnet? How do you know when it is active?

Thanks

#21427 1 year ago

Thanks to all. Also which is the most complete code the latest beta or 1.25?

7 months later
#23854 1 year ago

I am having an issue with the left guitar lock post. No matter what I do, it is starting in the down position at the start of every game. It will go up, but only after a ball has been locked on the other side. Then when it releases a ball it goes down and stays down releasing all balls.

Any ideas?

#23858 1 year ago

Thanks Chip. Merry Christmas.

6 months later
#25725 9 months ago

I have not had any shooter lane issues and It’s So Easy rocks. It does get dark at times but appears to be by design to create contrast.

#25792 9 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Clean and wax helped a lot. I am getting the left ramp even better than normal and at a few points probably better than I ever have. My play is still choppy and inconsistent.
I topped out around 90,000,000 again this evening, last one was 62,000,000 and on that one I blew 2 different applause jackpots that would have combined for over 100,000,000. Not easy to walk away after what felt like a 2 hour warm up session.

Are you playing with the stock rules or have you adjusted the rules for scoring? If so, what adjustments did you make?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25831 9 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yup you got it. Left snubber broken at the metal. I don't play much for this and other reasons. but I do still drop a quarter on occasion, and just ignore the fact I'm probably causing further issues... I have 2 pins now so that helps procrastinate further. And it's not like I have tons of free time even to play lately, so it's all good. I'm pretty good at fixing things so I'll probably whining more than anything I guess. Not the best example of a pinhead. Lol. I know you'd be right over if it was close, and I appreciate that! TrojanlLaw is local and he has offered many times and we just haven't been able to get hooked up yet with schedules....

You know the five minute method works without removing the upper playfield.

#25834 9 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I started to do that, and from what I could tell it was gonna scrape my playfield art swinging those metal snubber holders out to get to the nuts so I bailed.

It was no issue on mine. The snubber piece is necessarily above the playfield as it rests on top of another metal piece.

#25930 9 months ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

All day, everyday, the worst machine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This identifies an issue with the cable going into your main circuit board. Unplug and reinsert the mini usb cable. Many have had to use duct tape to make sure it stays in properly. That should fix your issue and the sensors should reactivate.

2 months later
#26303 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP used the 2.0 tag for this update which makes it seem like it contains big changes but instead there’s very little actually in it in terms of gameplay changes. Beyond disappointing after this long of a wait.

There are a lot of light show changes they do not mention. It’s so Easy is very different.

4 weeks later
#26651 6 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Sorry to ask this question again. I don't think it got answered the first time. Can anyone tell me if the "Special Patch" does anything yet with the new update?

It lights a free ball for the right outlane.

2 months later
#27171 3 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

This is one of the most important settings in the game. This is the timer you start once you lock the first ball for a Power Chord during song modes. While this timer is active, you can continue to lock balls on the guitar neck during song modes. When the timer expires, the game releases all locked balls and awards a Power Chord. If you turn this off, there's no timer and you can lock balls on the neck throughout the song, and it will score a Power Chord when your last non-locked ball drains.

I could not agree with you more. This is the biggest game changer of any of the settings that anybody has suggested. Just turning this off has totally reignited my love for this game and made it so much more consistent.

There is nothing like this game!!!

#27187 3 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

It was probably a good hr…give or take a few minutes. I had a crazy amount of extra balls so that definitely helped out. The funny thing about this score was that 110 million came from playing 2 “Thirst For Carnage” modes in the same game…that was a first for me.

Why are you leaving the club?

#27226 3 months ago

So I have coil strength up, fans and precision flippers but I ordered the new board anyway. Will report back after I receive. I was able to confirm this board should create the same flipper response as Elton John. Stay tuned.

#27232 3 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, they're saying the board will potentially improve flipper strength, but we should put weaker coils in? W.t.a.f..... lol. Thanks for taking the time to dig into this though.

Because it increases power they are suggesting you lower the stock coil settings in the settings menu. Makes sense.

1 week later
#27302 3 months ago

So here is my take on the Upgraded I/O Board. Picture of the two boards are below for those that asked for them. I have been playing this game for over 3 years and have precision flippers, PinMonk Fans throughout, Titan Rubbers and I had the left flipper turned up to 28, Right to 26 and upper right to 14. Like FooFlighter, I thought my GNR shot better than any other I have ever played. I have my GNR right next to my GZ Premium so I experience the Stern feel and difference on a daily basis.

I just installed the new board and played for an hour. The difference in power, response and precision is night and day. Its not just an increase in power but in responsiveness and feel. It is not the same as the stern flippers, but in some ways its just as responsive with better feel if that makes sense. I just played Elton John for a bit last week and my flipper do not feel significantly different even though I know that machine uses a different coil. Of course my precision flippers probably contribute to that. The power difference in orbit shots and the inner loop are the biggest difference. This allows for better combos. Backhanding the left and right ramps is also significantly improved.

This board has made the biggest difference in feel I have realized. For anyone that has made other changes its still worth it. If you haven't changed anything, this board is a must before you do anything else.

No one would complain about the flippers if this board had been included originally. I cannot say who confirmed this would be the result, but I was advised by someone inside JJP this would be the result. It was not "it may make a difference", I was assured "it will feel just like Godfather and Elton." They were 100% correct.
IMG_5025 (resized).jpgIMG_5025 (resized).jpgIMG_5027 (resized).jpgIMG_5027 (resized).jpg

#27312 3 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I've got 3 JJPs with the old board. Your post is going to cost me over a grand. Thanks.

Start with one and make sure you like it.

#27321 3 months ago
Quoted from DKong:

Great review mate
Just a question are you going to turn the flippers back to default power now you have the new board installed
Thanks

I did on the right. Keeping left at 28 and upper right at 14. Love how it feels and allows backhands up the left at almost all times.

#27322 3 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I've actually swapped this board out in the past with technical support a long time ago. It's very easy.

For all you have been through they didn’t give you the new board!!!

#27323 3 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is this IO board in the back box? Any pics with it installed, ie how many wires, pins, effort, etc… is involved with the swap out?

Swap out is fairly easy and takes less than fifteen minutes.

#27353 3 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Yeah, that's a good question. Personally, I'm not interested in removing anything so fingers crossed someone else without these upgrades will buy the board and can chime in.

I echo atg1469. I am leaving it all in and am very happy with how it now shoots. I am not messing with it.

I have now played for a number of hours and difference is very noticeable. I also believe the pop bumpers have extra kick to them as well. The entire game is faster and smoother.

I know Little Shop of Games has tried the board out on numerous machines. My guess is those were tested without any other upgrades. Call Marshall there and he may be able to report regarding whether flipper fade has been reduced or eliminated.

#27373 3 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd say these are a step below GF. Really close to Toy Story feel. TS and GF (and GNR now) have the same board and coils but for some reason GF flippers just feel a little bit better.

I do not feel any difference from GF. As you said, it is the same board and coils. Should not be any different. Mine feel great!! I would give them a 9/10. Agree EJ is a little better. I don’t necessarily like Sterns flippers better.

#27456 86 days ago
Quoted from Slaitster:

Hmm, I'm definitely seeing an improvement, but not as dramatic as I'm reading from others which is why I was wondering if everyone is going back to stock power. I turned mine back down to stock, and while better, not as profound as I was expecting. May have to creep them back up a bit.

I still have mine turned up, just not as much.

1 week later
#27577 74 days ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Does it go here?
[quoted image]

You can put it that way, but it’s really designed to be reversed with the plastic going over the top bumper so that ball can’t go on top of it

2 weeks later
#27695 54 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

When was this said? Where?

Keith Johnson stated this on the Open Beta site on Feb 22. He asked that folks submit high score screens for research purposes.

#27699 54 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

For clarity purposes, the "Where's the code thread" is saying this was several years back. Can you confirm if this post is from Feb 22nd, 2024? Or did someone just put that on the site to troll?

I can confirm it as a fresh quote because I sent him my high scores in response to his request just a few days ago.

#27702 54 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Then why does it show that his account hasn't been active since December?[quoted image]

I don’t appreciate being called a liar. Maybe if you signed up for the beta site you would know what you are talking about.

IMG_5425 (resized).pngIMG_5425 (resized).png
1 month later
#28138 20 days ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

I’m on the latest beta and have started seeing that within the first couple of minutes of the first game the optical sensors in the shooter lane stops working. Anyone else seeing this? If not, probably time again to lift the playfield and reseat all cables.

Remove the board and clean the areas with a qtip from underneath.

Then, make sure the small usb connector to the control board is securely in.

#28214 14 days ago

It is by far my favorite machine. With new I/o board and the new code updates, it has cemented itself as my favorite. I love my Godzilla as well, but there is a rush you get playing this game that no other can replicate. Highly recommend you get the Concert Edition Pinstadiums. It will blow your mind in person. Pinwoofer upgrade and Sub are a must for this game.

If you have only played the Se, then you have never really played the game. Completely different feel from the LE and CE.

2 weeks later
#28399 7 hours ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Reading is pretty far. I appreciate the offer! I have plans to get down to a place in a couple weeks when I have some time and I'm bringing my headphones this time in case the sound is still turned off! Foo fighters is pretty easy for me to get to also so I'll be able to get.that.one in soon too.
I've had plenty of time with Deadpool. It's been my favorite for awhile but I have a rock n roll themed bar and GnR is one of my favorite bands and I have other memorabilia so it just fits. I really want to like it. It was okay with no sound on but I didn't feel the pull to play it again like I do with Deadpool. I'm hoping with the sound on and everything rocking and rolling, that I'll be addicted. I like the Foo Fighters just fine also but I've played the Pro and had a blast. Need to try out the Premium. I'm a sucker for upper playfields.

GNR is my all-time favorite favorite Pin. That said, it does not fare well in a bar environment And it is a very deep game that’s not simple to learn just walking up and shooting. It’s great at home because you can never get tired of it because there’s so much variety and different ways to approach it. For a bar environment, though, Foo Fighters premium is really hard to beat. It’s easy to understand as you walk up to it and it’s fun to shoot. Once you change out the I/o board in GNR, GNR is a more fun to shoot with a wider variety of shots.

You’re not gonna be able to get a feel for how good GNR is by going to a location. You need to play one that’s had the new Io board put in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trojanlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Trojanlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.