IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14131 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I am saving my last brain cells to waste on beer. I don't want to learn new skills at this stage of my life.
My time is more valuable to me in leisure. My mate who is a tech was here yesterday doing an MRS switch under the top playfield of my Rob Zombie. He won't take cash direct because we are mates, but $100 went on his tab so i can pay for his room next time we go to Pinfest or travel away to compete.
[quoted image]
He left his present behind by accident too.

How did the MRS work out for you?

3 months later
#18734 2 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Was having all sort of problems getting the 2 right orbit switches dialled in so I reached out to Matt at M&M Creations (Sonic on pinside) and they made up a couple of magnetic reed switches (MRS) for me. Originally balls going left to right rolled smoothly but right to left shots were 50% at best. Now with no wires in the way both directions are good and I didn’t notice any major difference in ball speed coming around the orbit. Matt was great to deal with and quick to communicate.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks so much for the testimonial! Glad to see they worked for you!

eharan - Feel free to PM me if you like - but to answer your question - yes they are relatively expensive- we make no bones about that... these types of MRS' are $35/each......but when you spend, a minimum 15K, on such a pin and it doesn't work right - I guess expensive is truly relative.

Matt
M&M Creations

#18736 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I don't like that particular wire switch either. I don't have issues with the others.
It's awkward and makes the ball hop in a strange way sometimes bwhen it goes over it at specific speeds..
I'm in the states and would pay 35 to have a better mousetrap if that's a MRS switch x2... is it plug and play?

Yep, shipping in the states is $5....Birdnest bought 2 - but it depends on what you need - you may only have a problem with 1......it is not plug and play - per se' but fairly easy to install - you do have to solder splice the wires (which is easy) - and then - as you can see - put a screw through the tab and that's it...it's not difficult...if someone can tell us what the connector style is and how long the leads are - we can connectorize - HOWEVER, that's only if it is 1 for the connection - sometimes the connector can be ganged and then you going to find it easier to solder splice - than rebuild the connector...

Matt
M&M Creations
"We don't touch your balls..."

#18745 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Without these switches my R&M would be a pretty box of lights. Worth every penny.

Thanks man!

Matt
M&M Creations

4 weeks later
#19671 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I've got two for my right orbit but haven't installed yet.
While we're on the topic, if the ball is going slow enough through my jam lane, it almost stops on the wire and then creeps through. This doesn't happen very often but sometimes.
Are there adjustments you can make to these wires or is this magnetic reed switch the best solution / right answer?
I'm guessing you have to remove the wire switch in order to actually adjust it?

You can imagine what my vote would be...because remember, here at M&M Creations..."We don't touch your balls..."

Matt

#19680 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Do u just mount them and take the wires from the switch and solder them on?
How much are they?
Is there a site?
Thx

Just shoot me a PM...

Depending on the MRS...in this case - rollovers, it is simply a solder-splice - very simple. Rollover MRS' are $35/ea....

We don't have a site - working on it - but to date we sell via word-of-mouth/testimonial - like this - as we've found it a very credible (yet, not prolific) manner by which to peddle our wares. Plus, to be honest, we get into so much custom stuff - man, I'd be updating that site a lot : )

Matt
M&M Creations

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.