IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yes they do. will include more detail soon. You could be mine was loops and ramps, others are other shots. Song modes rock b/c the game is rather quiet during non song modes which sounds bad but it's not. Soft song in the background mixed with cords from the songs we love are sprinkled throughout and it really makes the song modes stand out b/c the game is abolsute on overload capturing that rock concert feel.
That being said, I sold JJP pirates b/c it's way too MB heavy. It literally kills that game. stacking MBs is a snoozefest for me. In certain places sure but Pirates is MB all day long. I'm hoping the same doesn't hold true here. They need to tone it down.
It's exactly why I tell Chris (Kaneda) to calm down with the overhype until you see the damn code. I'm still in for the LE no question but this game has the ability to be perfect and MB right now is not balanced.

I have not bought the game yet, but this is my biggest concern, as don't want it to be MB, MB, MB, MB etc.

The immersion factor is off the charts though, so really hope the code isn't too much of a chore.

#524 3 years ago

So, the new hotrails.

From a player's perspective, are they off-putting?

They seem quite in your face by the shooter lane?

Or are they diffused enough, for it to be a non-issue?

Waiting for SE reveal, and this was one concern.

1 week later
#1460 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You wanna see pooling?
Have a ganders of my shit box NIB IMDN
What did Stern do - Jack shit...
Or how about my NIB Ribbed BM66?
Crickets!
Here’s hoping GnR is good to me
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dam, you could ski slalom over that BM66

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

GNR Standard LIVE NOW + Giveaways from JJP!!!
Twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

Is this available on youtube?

#1781 3 years ago

Tough decision now for SE v LE.

SE looks great.

LE - really disliked upper p/f on WOZ but the 6 ball lock and power chord jackpots are a really good extra.

Gonna have to play both and by the time that happens, maybe the playfield issues will have been sorted.

Buying NIB JJP/Stern is now like sticking your hand in a barrel of sand and playing lucky dip

1 month later
#3403 3 years ago

If someone said I could have NIB Avengers or NIB GnR tomorrow, it would be a tough choice.

Love Keith gamers and Avengers has best playfield design, flow is amazing.

Avengers seems to have the best code - breadth and so many ways to score.

GnR has the best audio package, and it's not even close. Nothing Keith can do about that.

Avengers shoots better, no doubt about that.

I think Avengers might be the better game.

That said, I would take GnR as building up huge song jackpots does not get old and theme integration is off the charts.

In reality, I want both

#3412 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Have you ever owned a JJP pinball??

What is the relevance to comparing Avengers and GnR?

#3446 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Most of the time I see guys comparing JJP games that have never owned one nor have any in their wishlist it just seems that the JJP game comes in on the short end of the stick. I see it a lot.

I couldn't care less who makes a game.

A great game, is a great game, whoever the manufacturer is.

GnR is shaping up to be a classic, and best JJP game to date, for me anyway.

1 week later
#3871 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I like Sterns a lot, and I am sure LZ will be a good shoter. Bottom line though, I almost feel guilty about getting GnR when I see LZ. While I think LZ will be "another good Stern," I expect my kids will be fighting over who gets GnR when I'm gone. My opinion only of course...

Genuinely considering either Zep or GnR.

Still think Zep will be the better shooter.

But, GnR LE vs Zep LE?

GnR LE is just head and shoulders better in every way.

I mean, it's not even close. Wow.

#4079 3 years ago

Having watched LZ stream and a few GnR streams, I am pretty surprised that GnR LE is the game I want in 2021.

There just wasn't a wow moment for me in the LZ stream.

It'll be a good, fun game, for sure.

But GnR - starting Live and Let Die. Wow!

Hope JJP can do a few more songs in this style.

#4085 3 years ago

Haven't seen the 'making of the promo' video posted here yet?

Worth seeing to see how much thought and passion went into it.

Only been out for 5 days.

1 week later
#4329 3 years ago

I can see the song jackpot part of the game is a blast, and tons of risk/reward stuff.

What do owners think of the path towards the wizard mode?

It looks like it will take forever, and scoring isn't as rewarding?

I am on the fence until I learn more about this side of the game.

#4332 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Just watch this:

Watched half, but he doesn't seem to be trying to progress in the game?

Fantastic song jackpots, applause etc though

Just wondering how fun, attainable etc, is the path towards the wizard mode?

#4334 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Going to be hard for anyone to judge how "Fun" You might consider it as pinball is a rather personal interest. The game is amazing and completely different then most any other that I have played and I find it great fun.

I am just curious if people are trying to complete the game, as is the case for most other games.

I can see how much fun it is to build song jackpots and get encore and stuff like that.

If it has a well developed path to completion/wizard, the longevity will be off the scale.

#4338 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I do not think most people are going for completion,, because the scoring is not as lucrative that direction. If you really are just going for completing the modes, I think the trickiest part would be just making sure you play three minutes of four songs from the four different album modes. It would probably be a good idea to play the song patience since it counts I think half time for all the albums.

So, in a round about way, scoring needs to be beefed up in the modes to balance out scoring in the songs?

If this happens in future code updates, I am in!

#4348 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m sure much more polish and code is coming. To me, getting an applause jackpot followed by encore (especially 2 in a row) is more rewarding than almost any wizard mode I’ve gotten to. That said, all the rules are in place for progression, mini wizard modes, wizard modes. It’s not a quest based game where you’re doing one mode after another, but There are MANY ways to play the game. You’re scoring in all modes are based on patches collected and how well you did in the subsequent mode.
4 booster modes, 20+ song modes, 4 album modes, tour modes + multiball, 36 patches, slash solo, wizard mode (+ I think there’s a hidden wizard mode as I saw a weird high score on the list the other day).
All in all, yes more polish is needed. But the game is more packed with code than most pins. The game is in a complete other realm compared to any other pinball. I am still shocked at how good it is. But I am still riding a honeymoon - however I’ve had JP2 for 3 weeks prior to getting my GNR and I’m just about at 4 weeks with GNR. So comparatively, I’ve honeymooned both pins the same length and GNR smokes it - it’s not even close and JP2 is an AMAZING game.
Take that for what it’s worth but yelobird is correct, different people enjoy different aspects of pinball fun in different areas. I try to be as objective as I can in my assessments, but the bottom line is; GNR is special.

Great to hear!

It's my most wanted game for 2021

2 months later
#6996 3 years ago

Why do we suddenly need the flipper vans for this game, R&M, and a good few Stern titles?

Can play games like Tron and AC/DC forever and not get flipper fade.

Just seems odd that this has become a thing in the last few years with all manufacturers.

B/W games don't suffer like newer games either

#7006 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes they do. Ever wonder why at herb style tournament why everyone tries to get to the games early and often? It’s because by the end of the day the flippers are super tired and some games become extremely difficult to do well on.
It’s always been an issue. There’s just more people noticing now combined with some new games that have ambitious shots that need very consistent flipper performance to work at optimal levels.
This is also not an issue if you typically play a game for 30 mins or less at a time. You’d have to play for at least an hour on most games to see anything noticeable.

Interesting - didn't realise.

I will say on my KISS, I can backhand right ramp, but after 5 mins I can't.

Think I will buy shares in pinmonk flipper fans

4 months later
#12504 2 years ago

Still want a GnR but with these playfield issues and no warranty, going to have to sit it out until JJP decide to be customer friendly.

11 months later
#22151 1 year ago

Thinking of getting a GnR.

Are there more code updates coming?

I read that album modes are fairly dull at the moment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.