IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ShaffeTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5172 3 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the trough kicker?

I have a couple issues with my SE.

1.) Sometimes the ball kicks out so hard that it goes back into the trough. Game then tries to spit it out again, sometimes resulting in 2 balls. Last night it hit so hard it knocked the ball on top of the spring (see Pic)

2.) Sometimes the auto launch puts the ball into play without ever giving you the chance to hit the skillshot

3.) When prompted to add-a-ball at the end of of song mode the game always spits out 2 balls. Not sure if this is a feature I'm not hip to but looks like it's only supposed to spit out 1 additional from the streams I've seen.

The game is pitched at 6.5 degrees and is level from side to side. I'll contact JJP but figured I'd see if this was happening to anyone else.

20210122_213912_HDR (resized).jpg20210122_213912_HDR (resized).jpg

#5175 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

On auto launch it will never let you get a skill shot. By design

Thanks I'll tune down that coil.

To clarify the auto launch issue, this is happening at the beginning of a ball. Not sure why I'd be auto launching to start a ball.

#5181 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Dial back that coil and see if the issue persists

Hmm this is something. Ejected the balls and tested the optos and all register except #5 which is not reading at all.

20210123_093139 (resized).jpg20210123_093139 (resized).jpg
#5186 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Check the White/Black wires at the closest targets on the row in case one is broken or poorly soldered.
[quoted image]

Thanks for this. Checked everything in that row and I'm not seeing anything in row 1 with a bad solder joint or loose wire.

I did notice that I had a broken skirt on the right pop bumper #12 that dislodged it from the spoon and was thereby never registering but I don't think that's related to this issue.

Still showing trough #5 opto as RED 'bad switch'

#5188 3 years ago

Okay the transmitter board is the one closest to the front edge of the playfield. Tests / switch tests / matrixed switch tests with the playfield pulled forward to the first set of feet and gently touch the back of that transmitter board around that opto - see if the box suddenly blinks while you put gentle pressure around it (Iā€™m looking for cold or bad solder around that opto).

Just pulled and checked to no avail. Tried pushing on the opposite board just for fun but also no dice there either as the switch is still reading bad with no change.

#5192 3 years ago

Check the connector that plugs into the trough receiver board - the switch wires are all white and of course the one you want is white/black. Make sure the wire is pushed fully into the connector and that the connector itself is sitting cleanly and straight onto its pins. Wiggle the connector in place while in switch matrix test to see if the game reacts.

Thanks so much for your help with this.

Traced that pin on the connector to the pcb and guess which one of these pins goes to our black & white wire?

Going to reflow some solder on that neglected leg and give it a whirl.

Screenshot_20210123-115109 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210123-115109 (resized).png
#5196 3 years ago

Very nice find. Let me know - I had written an order for you for advance replacement trough boards. Thanks, Steve

Reflowed that pin and it looks like we are now in the green.

Going to run it for a few games and see if we are in the clear for good.

Thanks again for your help!

20210123_130833_HDR~2 (resized).jpg20210123_130833_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
#5270 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

What are peoples feelings on the standard? I can't afford anything above it really but am still tempted by this game. Seems a lot of pin for the money. Anyone own one? How is it?

I picked up an SE last week after playing an LE on location quite a bit.

Game play is faster than the LE due to the no upper playfield ball lock, lightshow is still good without the RGB hotrails but not as overwhelmingly breathtaking, art package on the SE is meh for me but that's subjective.

My pals were wowwed by the SE over the weekend and it's was a big hit.

Will I be upgrading to the LE after all? Most likely. Im an rbg freak, GNR fan, and the extras on the LE make it worth it IMO.

Is the SE a bad game? Totally not. It's also awesome, just not as loaded as the LE. If I wasn't so pinball ADD there's a chance I stick with the SE as there's great staying power there and a whole lot of value for the price tag.

There's my 2 pennies.

1 month later
#6501 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Yeah, this is occurring at a ball start. Sometimes itā€™s so quick after the previous ball ends. I guess the next time it happens I will try and see if the skill shot was somehow qualified causing the machine to think it should auto plunge. Thanks for the response.

This was/is happening on my SE as well.

I had a bad factory solder joint on one of the opto boards causing one of the ball trough switches to never register. Game was looking for a ball and did weird things kicking out sometimes.

Pulled the board, reflowed the joint and trough issue was fixed. Didn't have an issue with the auto plunge either for a while. Now it seems the auto plunge is firing off sometimes at random during the beginning of a ball. Not sure what to make of it yet.

#6635 3 years ago

Is anyone else having auto-plunge issues after updating to 1.16?

JJP support said it was software and to wait on a fix but my SE is really bad now. Misfires every game, most times giving you no chance to even play the ball bc the auto-plunge kicks it out before the flippers are even activated between rounds.

Not sure if I can simply go back to the old software if that is my issue because the machine is largely unplayable in it's current state.

#6715 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying we can't assume that it's only a few. I had 2 fail, each within a few games of play. Most people don't know to look for it because they don't know what to expect in gameplay as the game is new. Also, how many of the 1,000 new owners are posting here actively? A few percent maybe? Unless a few of the fuses were bad, I think it's safe to assume the magnet is over-used in this game (or at least with current coding), causing the overheated coil. The diverter coil and flipper coils are overheating too, but they aren't fused. The fuse seems to be to protect the playfield from discoloring due to heat. I find it hard to believe that only a few have the issue for these reasons.

SE owner here with a wonky magnet as well. Seemed to get weaker over time, now it just redirects the ball instead of stopping it. JJP support said the fix was a new coil for $26.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ShaffeTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=ShaffeTrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.