IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9855 2 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

147 games played on one of the newest playfields. Manufacture date: 4/21. It took at least 500 more plays on POTC before damage of this magnitude showed up. Anyone defending JJP's shortsighted policy of ignorance is bliss either has skin in the game, or needs to pay more taxes. This is not the cost of playing pinball! I wholeheartedly agree that Eric and Slash and team have designed one of the best pinball machines of all time! Hands down. No argument there. That does not mean that I should feel privileged and honored to spend premium pinball prices on a pin in which the paint is literally flaking off a mere 2 weeks after delivery. If I wanted to throw my money down the drain I would've bought a Homepin.
This is not the distributor's problem or solution. They have no say in who makes the playfield, and no means to fix it, other than the bandaids currently offered. I've recommended to JJP that the least they can do for us is sell us a properly manufactured, unpopulated playfield at cost. The reply was a curt "we no longer deal with customers about these issues," translated to "pack sand." While I'm not in this hobby for the money, I'm definitely not in it to throw any more money away than I have to. Would you accept paint peeling off of your car before the first oil change, and say "welp, I guess I should just be happy to be able to drive this sweet car?" Umm, nope. This is one of the most expensive parts of the pin, and by far the hardest to swap out. Anyone think of the operator's out there who have one of these on location? They'd better hope it gets 10k plays on it, because resale will be a challenge.
Some of you might look at this damage and downplay it, but if all indications are correct, this is just the tip of the iceberg. None of us should have to deal with this clear manufacturer's defect. None of us should be treated like we're an easily replaceable commodity by JJP. They're clearly at fault, and their reputation is at stake, along with my future purchases, or lack thereof.
[quoted image]

Damn. I was hoping that by the time I got my GnR that the playfield issues would be resolved, but if this happened to a PF that has a build date of 4/21, I have to seriously considering asking for my deposit back.

Completely unacceptable.

#9880 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Actually considering taking what I had paid down and just grabbing a JP Prem instead for now, and see what the PF situation looks like a year down the road.

It would cost me an additional $1k to do that since I got my deposit in just prior to the $1k price hike.

If I bail, it will be permanently.

#9910 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Or just buy it and sell it NIB for what you’re into it. Someone gets a deal and you come out even.

Why in the world would I want to go through that hassle just to come out even?

#9964 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Stern is No better Than JJP when it comes to the Loyal Pinball Buyer

JJP is no better than Stern when it comes to the Loyal Pinball Buyer

#10001 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My le is a December build and I don’t have any playfield issues.

I know someone who could have said the exact same thing until last week.

#10071 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Class action lawsuits only enrich lawyers

This is not entirely true.

While it is true to say that class action lawsuits enrich lawyers (obviously true), it is not true to say that it "only" enriches lawyers, as this minimizes the enormous good that has been accomplished through class action lawsuits, especially with regard to consumer protection.

#10074 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Yes, Pat’s designs are so fun. Looking forward to it, if PF issues are really fixed.

Toy Story is an extremely appealing theme for a pin to me, so I am very interested in it.

But how will we know if the PF issues are "really" fixed before we buy?

Lots of people bought GnR thinking that the JJP PF issues had been resolved.

#10096 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm asking my distributor tomorrow to delay my LE order until the playfield issues are resolved, if they are not resolved by then I'll just cancel. I can't believe how widespread the playfield issue now is, completely unacceptable.

I am in the exact same boat. I don't really know what good it's going to do to tell my distributor to delay my LE order until the issues are resolved though, because I don't know how we will ever know this?

#10098 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes but typing to the empty internet that you are all 'considering' cancelling your order or 'thinking about' taking legal action is not fixing the issue now is it?
The situation is that there is problems with these playfields. Also JJP does not seem to want to do a single thing about it.
Jumping up and down and making a noise here and holding your breath will not make it go away.
Telling other owners that you are considering cancelling your order is a fart in the wind and people saying it over and over only frustrates the rest of us.
We get it. Do it already.

Are you schizophrenic or something?

It was just a few days ago that you were defending a non-owner's right to discuss these very issues.

Quoted from punkin:

And he's discussing an issue that's affecting owners. What better place?

#10100 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not that i'm aware. I don't know who is an owner or not an owner/purchaser. Yes i'm all for peoples rights to discuss it, but empty threats of legal action/sale cancelations is not a discussion now is it?

Apparently it isn't a discussion in your opinion. But see, the way the forum works is that your opinion doesn't mean any more than anyone else. So you can expect many of us to continue to "discuss" our options, regardless of whether you think it's a discussion or not.

#10103 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Some people just love having an axe to grind. Grind it somewhere else! We’re enjoying our games.

Who is telling you not to enjoy your game?

Axe to grind? We have fucking money down on the game.

#10108 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Every class action lawsuit I’ve ever benefitted from I got a check for like 5 bucks.
I’d rather JJP survive than get five bucks.

Not even remotely my point.

#10111 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

If you didn’t get it the first time...

#10278 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If you're getting or have a game with no damage yet, one thing to try would be to take an xacto knife with a new blade and carefully score the playfield right around the base of the post. Cut through the clear and art so any twisting or other movement of the post isn't transferred to the surrounding art.
If you make the cut right against the post you'll never see it. Don't add any washers, and if a small washer is already there just score around it. Goal is to separate the clear under the post from the clear surrounding it.

#10329 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:I think you misread my post.
I stated that their fix was to not tighten things down so hard. I didn’t say it worked, was a good idea or acceptable in any way.
It works to some extent, but again, no, we shouldn’t have to worry about it.

Actually, you started your post by saying this:

Quoted from jalpert:

I believe the difference in having issues or not is how tight the posts are installed during assembly.

I think Chuckwurt's reading of your post was accurate.

#10397 2 years ago

So what is the solution for people who have the PF issue?

What should we reasonably expect JJP to do if we have some chipping/delamination around a few posts?

Supposedly they offer to buy your game back, but the details make this such a pain that very few people will ever actually go that route.

A new unpopulated PF? How is this a solution if it's still a Mirco PF with the same issues?

It sure seems that something other than adding a washer under the posts needs to be done. I'm just not sure what it is.

#10412 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Tough answer not knowing the margins or how many future sales will be lost.
Just a Guess of options
1 Populated playfield for those with Multiple issues unrepairable or not able to hide.
2 Spare playfield that is Known to be corrected
3 Buyback
4 15% discount on next purchase. Yeah not a go to but I suspect some would be willing to hide the pooling for a discount Assuming the issue is resolved! (IE let the next game and buyers pay for the issue by bumping the price a few hundred.)
5 Stay silent and quickly loose customers and see charge backs mount out of control.

Definitely a good point regarding not knowing the margins or how many future sales will be lost. That's something JJP will obviously have to address internally.

I think your number 2 makes the most sense. A populated PF is very unlikely to be offered. #5 is what they are doing now, and is completely unacceptable.

#10728 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Here is a better picture, not really any pooling. Maybe a slight tiny bit around the washer. I'm going to take the post off and inspect it closer.[quoted image]

Much better quality pic and I don't see pooling either.

In the other picture, the reflections from the lighting gave the appearance of pooling.

#11013 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe JJP has moved the concept of disappearing messages on whatsapp into playfields.

I think you have your apps mixed up.

#11158 2 years ago

ZaphX deactivated his account?

1 month later
#13189 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Jack thinks the playfield issues are from people damaging them .
The bullshit starts at 22:30
https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-p6mbh-f7d2079

Such bullshit.

Completely tone deaf. Blame the owners for screwed up playfields.

And here he is almost 2 years ago, with a smug answer to someone's questions about the PF issues on Pirates and Wonka:

He says they identified the root cause of the problem and what the fix is. Obviously not true.

Tired of the BS. I'm officially out. I just got off the phone with my distributor and canceled my GnR LE order. Sucks. Not just because I wanted this pin, but I *really* wanted Toy Story because of theme. Zero chance I order that without proof they have fixed the PF issues, which does not seem likely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.