IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1793 3 years ago
Quoted from voigtstr:

Also the distributor has said it wont be until December perhaps even January till I get the machine into my garage.

Hi voigtstr, I'm considering one also, there might be a heap of GnR in Tassie Do you know if yours will be in the first or second shipment? Sounds like there will be two shipments, first being Dec/Jan (I bet Jan) and the second Jan/Feb, which I guess could blow out to March or even later which is when I would expect to get mine if I ordered now.
No-one really knows yet, but I would expect delays, then if it's not delayed it will be a happy surprise

#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Have you spoken to Paul .

Yep, I had a brief conversation with him early last week, he said he didn't have much solid info but from what I remember there was going to be two shipments and the first was filled. But he wasn't even sure if both shipments could perhaps come at the same time. I guess they won't due to the popularity, but as I said no-one really knows yet.

But if you know more definite time lines or any different info then I would be happy to be better informed, he may know more now than he did last week

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The protectors do nothing to protect from pooling and chipping. We have a protector on all our games too. I was hoping that we could just buy a Gunners and play it without fitting a protector.

There are pictures of the games now including washers under the posts, does anyone know if there is enough room in the post cutouts of the playfield protectors to fit over the washers? It would be no good if the protector sits on top of the washer causing a gap.

I'm thinking the combination of the washers and the protector should hopefully be enough to minimise these issues, if I decide to purchase hopefully I can fit both.

I don't think the clearcoat issues are going to be resolved at all, if they had a fancy new process that fixed all these issues I can't imagine they would decide to release the crappy pooling chipping playfields first on such an important title and then sneak the wonderful new playfields in shortly after without telling anyone.

#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wonder if these are the new Spectrum TM playfields or they're using up old stock , either way I'm definitely gonna wait for a while and see what happens .

I'm also in wait and see mode, but I very much doubt there is any new clearcoat process about to come online. Would JJP be stupid enough to flood the market with these playfields that have issues on their new big selling pinball if Micro were just about to start a new much improved clearcoat process?

If I'm wrong and they do suddenly get noticeably better then there will be whole bunch of loyal JJP fans that bought early that will be totally pissed off.

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Or maybe offer them a free PF replacement.

If they were considering that don't you think they would stop sending the games that people are unboxing now instead of putting black plastic washers on them?

Replacing all the playfields they have just sent out would ruin them finacially I guess, also when are they going to make them? after the thousands already ordered?

All these things are more reasons I don't think there is any new better clearcoat process about to happen. Can someone please link to the video where Micro talked about a new process? they have videos on their Facebook page but nothing about a that, if they have improved why would they want to keep it a secret? wouldn't they want to tell everyone and promote the video?

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Can someone please link to the video where Micro talked about a new process?

I found it in the other GnR thread https://www.twitch.tv/videos/772313718 around 18min in.

Amazing that they would release the playfields they have with washers and problems, I am definitely waiting, no way am I going to order until I can be sure I will get one with clearcoat like they showed in this video.

I feel badly for all the early purchasers

1 month later
#3213 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I found it in the other GnR thread https://www.twitch.tv/videos/772313718 around 18min in.
Amazing that they would release the playfields they have with washers and problems, I am definitely waiting, no way am I going to order until I can be sure I will get one with clearcoat like they showed in this video.
I feel badly for all the early purchasers

Is this video still available? and if not why? I'm looking for confirmation of the new improved playfields.

1 year later
#18702 2 years ago

Is there a setting to change so that only one player games can be started? If so where do I find that in the menu? I searched the manual for "one player" and "single player" but couldn't see anything so maybe there isn't.

#18706 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Interesting, on many levels , did you get a GNR matey?

Nope

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Rat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.