IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

It would be a tragedy for LZ (and Stern) if it werenā€™t at least on par with GnR.
I grew up In the twilight of Zeppelin and ironically, in the prime of GnR. Iā€™m not really a big fan of GnR but after seeing the game, Iā€™m in on an LE. Itā€™s just an amazing game from a design and integration standpoint - like no other game out there, period.

I think theres almost ZERO chance that will happen although I love LZ music.

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

How quickly do yā€™all think the LE will sell out? I would love to get one but I donā€™t think I could pull the trigger on another pin for another 6 months or so. I may have to work the corner to get enough for this one. Lol.

3 years if ever....

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Well, now the new JJP screwed me too. Had a big deposit down for a CE, cancelled other prospects, and then JJP cut the promised allotment and I (and many others) are SOL. Whatever the F happened is totally unacceptable.

Sucks...join the club .... the new JJP really screwed the pooch on this one...what a massive screw up on their part

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

GnR in the House. Loving it so far. If you like the band you got a game and a back stage pass with this theme. Amazing work Eric and JJP Team.
[quoted image]

Did u try connecting a sound bar to the game? interested in hearing if that works

#397 3 years ago

Game play looks pretty awesome to me...its really hard to judge until you get your hands on the game and experience it all live. My guess its way better playing live....If I was being hyper critical I'm not a big fan of the short ball launch, but whatever....

#499 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

How long do you think it takes 5,000 LEā€™s to sell out if ever!?!?

Years

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think we all had that same laugh early on with the CE #. lol Don't sell this game or the LE short. It truly is amazing and you will Never see a light show like this on Any pinball machine even with 12 pairs of PinStadium lights lol. 5000 may come sooner then we expect..

My comment wasn't intended to sell the game short in anyway. I hope your right, but 5000 is a lot of games....

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

OK, so since this IS an owners thread after all, I think I should post some early learnings.
1. When you remove the huge packing foam around Axl, check the switch wires. For me one of them (Guitar lock entry) was pressed down by the foam and was shorted closed. Just a simple adjustment to get the wire off the switch bracket.
2. After a a couple days, the spinning record became wobbly. Just needed to tighten the screw under the PF.
3. Did have one reset today while playing Patience. Not sure if they can send the log over WiFi to Keith or they need it?
4. I think all playfields are the same (except CE Glitter obviously). See the Coma lock under the LE apron?
Loving the game and will have a few friends over again tomorrow to play.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good intel...

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Cool. I found the poster for Newark.... By the way.....I was at this show....lol......"On July 29, 1992, while Guns N' Roses was playing during the second show at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose encountered severe pain in his throat, but he continued the show until he was hit in the genitals by a cigarette lighter thrown from the audience during "Knockin' on Heaven's Door", so Rose retreated backstage to regain his energy, while bassist Duff McKagan took over on vocals and then the show ended"

Axl certainly had anger issues in the 80/90's....the shit show he created in St Louis was nuts....seems like all of them have mellowed out with age, and its nice to see them alive and still playing.

#746 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

For those who have the LE, be thankful. Looks like my CE is around Thanksgiving.

I'd be shocked if JJP got the CE's out by the end of the year....

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why? They said they were doing 100 LE, then 100 CE games. As the 100 LE games were DONE on announce and they do around 60 a week why Wouldnā€™t CE games start arriving by November as stated? Donā€™t look at past examples to judge Current direction.

I guess I didn't read the comment that way. Your right maybe a portion will ship in November, but theres 500 CE's that have to be made. The real question is when will they finish shipping that product...making only 100 is 20% of the overall CE build.

#759 3 years ago

At 60 per week and assuming they sold more LE's than CE's than your talking about 17+ weeks if they were only making LE/CE models....plus they will lose a few weeks in there due to the holidays...some folks won't see these machines for 4-6 months.

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

So if you are on the fence about getting an LE. Consider getting in line ASAP. Itā€™s going to be awhile...

At only 60 games/week it is what it is....my guess is they sold more LE's than CE's so thats over 1000 games that need to be built. So if you throw in SE's its gonna be 4-6 months at that build rate

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Word is there are 2500-3k pins ordered allready between all models.... Obviously some will back out after the wait but many more will order also after seeing and playing it ..... so jjp has alot of work ahead and I hope they are ready for this huge test. I'm so happy for them...

Wow....great for JJP...if thats the case they better make more than 60 games/week....thats almost a year to build through these units let alone try to launch another title. My guess is they launch another title within the next 6 months. JJP said GNR has been done for quite a while so my guess is the next title isn't far behind ...

#810 3 years ago

Since they opened for business....what in the world made u believe NIB games didn't come with a warranty? The caveat to that is its technically for the original owner only (same as Stern, and CGC)

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

1k deposit for everyone. They told me the CE would be shipped in the order in which transactions took place online.
So that begs a question, when exactly did the JJP website start taking orders? At 10am there was no order button on the page? Weā€™re they taking calls?
Iā€™m glad I got one. Iā€™ll wait a long time probably

Its gonna be interesting to see how these are allocated although not sure it really matters. So it sounds like direct sales are first, and then they allocate for distributors? My guess is most won't see their game until Q1 2020, which is fine. I would be shocked if JJP even had all the materials in stock before they started selling the CE's

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

LE owners might have some aftermarket mod upgrade options coming. These could be interesting.
[quoted image]

He makes high quality mods....not cheap, but high quality

#855 3 years ago

I certainly hope JJP was prepared for this. They worked so hard to get a hit like GNR and last thing they need is 6-10 month lead-times to deliver games. I've seen this movie before (CGC) and although people can be patient with a deposit, when they fork out $13K day 1 they start to get impatient.

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It shouldnā€™t be too bad if they are truly close to 100 per week. Iā€™d guess they probably have at least 1000 units on order right now between the CE, LE, and SE. thatā€™s 10 weeks of production. If they are only 50 per week itā€™s 20 weeks and that gets tougher.

I heard 60 games/week although I have no clue what the real number is...

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

If you havenā€™t put in an order already. Donā€™t expect your LE till spring-summer of next year.... there are likely well over 500 LE orders waiting. They need to make 500 CEs and they will make some SEs in between.

I've seen this movie several times. I personally think its expected to wait a while if their only holding a deposit. Its the guys who paid in full that will start to get impatient if they don't get a specific delivery date. The waiting game in this industry can be painful....hopefully the supply chain, and manufacturing can step it up.

#951 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

JJP posted some better stage pics for the SE. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice! looks like the stage lights up during game play...

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Question for those with machines already. Theres a picture or two circulating showing potential playfield clearcoat lifting around posts. Anyone seeing this?

Theres a picture posted earlier on this thread....looked like a non issue to me, but I guess time will tell

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

After realizing that the extra lights in the CE were all under cabinet or behind the cabinet lights the one extra that bothered me not getting in the LE was the extra sound bar. It is a simple add on to the LE with a 3.5mm headphone splitter cable and adding a soundbar with a 3.5mm input. Many soundbar a have way more features and digital assistants that arenā€™t needed. I picked ā€œBose TV speakerā€ for $250 because Bose is good at delivering clear clean audio which although the stock system sounds great , at louder volumes the callouts get distorted. The Bose sound bar had an bass out for their subwoofer. After buying both pieces and hooking them up I believe all the low frequency is routed out of the sound that I patched into which makes sense since it feeds the small cab speakers. I returned the Bose sub and went with a Polk PSW 108 and tapped right off the sub in the cabinet. All the this is above and beyond what anyone needs but I thought Iā€™d share for those that want to turn up the volume a bit louder.
Yes itā€™s a great game, Rick and Morty is a great game, Turtles is a great game, Avengers is a also great game. 2020 has sucked but Pinball has been a bright light in this shitty year. Can we not tear down other titles, this one stands on its own. G n R is unique and fun but it isnā€™t going to devalue other games. Variety is key and this game is the most approachable game Iā€™ve ever seen. A novice will enjoy it immensely and great players will most likely be able to play an entire album or more but JJP has finely made a game thatā€™s FUN.
I have a set of black mirror blades coming next.
Canā€™t wait to see the modders produce with toppers, action button and shooter rod creations.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome...is there enough room to install mirrored game blades? The last several JJP's I've purchased there isn't enough room between the play field and side.

#979 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I will let you know as I plan on installing mirrors for it asap. I rather not do art considering the PF is so colorful but we'll see.

I hope u can, but DI, POTC, Wonka were a serious no go on mirrored game blades. The only JJP game that had room was Hobbit. The artwork on the other games was a challenge. Especially on POTC and Wonka

#981 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:I helped install art blades on my friends Pirates and it wasnā€™t to bad.

Easy to install....not easy to keep from getting damaged when u lift the play field up and down. The plastic game blade protectors are a must have. My point is its really tight on those games. I really like the look of the mirrored game blades, but they were way too thick to work.

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree with the plastic blade protectors. They are a must to have if you are using art blades and lifting the playfield. I want to install art blades in my DILE. Wonder if that will go in easy?

Art blades are easy and typically work fine. Unfortunately on my DI, POTC, and Wonka there wasn't enough room for mirrored game blades as their quite a bit thicker..

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Still doesnā€™t seem right to me but if you want to justify it that way thatā€™s fine. Love your mods by the way.

I get why it would be frustrating, but these games are pretty complex. One of the many things Ive learned is to always check all the connections, bolts, etc prior to firing up the game. On most games something shakes loose from either someone at the factory not installing correctly or from transit. As long as its not the cabinet or play field I can deal with it. If your not mechanically or electrically inclined owning pinball games at home will be a frustrating venture.

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Donā€™t get into boating.

Ha....I know that drill

#1060 3 years ago

As long as my play field and cabinet show up pristine its all good....everything else can be fixed or replaced

#1064 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

I've seen several mentions of playfield service protectors so that you don't scratch the side art when pulling the playfield. I tried searching and I can't find these. I'd hate to get my new gnr and then damage it.
Can anyone tell me where to order these?

pinball life has them

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I just heard 2,000 GNR LEā€™s sold in 10 days

Wow thats awesome if true....if u include the CE's thats over 2500 games they need to deliver.....lets hope they can build more than 60 games per week

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Was just thinking that, and with SEs currently on the line, it could be a long time for LE owners.

or CE buyers....At 60 games/week thats more than 10 months....they must be able to make more games than that?

#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I got a set of black mirror blades installed with only a few minor cuts. Itā€™s tight and isnā€™t the easiest thing to do but I highly recommend. They are pricey but in this hobby what isnā€™t. I had a curious helper that needed removed from the project but I am very happy with the results.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice! Happy to hear u had room

#1342 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Almost looks like someone took a screw driver and hammer to that scoop! it's bent to crap. perhaps this has something to do with the chip? There is no way this is a new machine less than a week old??

I totally agree although this area needs a much better protector. This scoop is gonna take a beating. Unfortunately in the past JJP has had a problems in this area. They tried to make their own protector for DI LE and it was crap. I had to replace mine with Cliffs version. I really don't understand why they don't go to Cliff and have him make protectors that can be factory installed. I mean whats another $20 on a $9500 game?

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

CGC put the scoop protector on my MB LE I just bought from them. This was just "Factory", as I didn't ask for it. That's the sign of a company that obviously sees the consumer "want" and cares about quality.
BTW - Selling that MB so I can get this GnR CE. We'll see if that's a good or bad move in time.

mine has one as well. It was nice to see CGC recognized this was a problem area and provided a solution.

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Iā€™ve been hearing about wear on the drumsticks... anyone think they will be an issue?

Not remotely....where did you hear this? All the people who own the game haven't mentioned any wear on the drumsticks. If it does I'd be shocked if it occurs on the new games in the wild

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

They have a wrap around them like a decal, different on the CE than LE

I think the guy makes shit up

#1384 3 years ago

I donā€™t think he meant me

No the guy claiming there was wear on the sticks....sorry

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I played my friends LE today and not once was there a issue with the drum sticks. Ball rolled perfectly down them. Every single time.

u mean aside from all the wear and tear

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Congrats! A new game is exciting.
One caveat: do not accept delivery until you inspect the playfield on the game before the delivery driver leaves. Refuse delivery if you see defects.

How does that even work? I've never heard of anyone unpacking the game and inspecting the play field while the driver sits there and waits?

#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I do it all of the time. I wont sign the paper until I open up the box to inspect. I usually get the same FEDEX driver and he is always interested in what the game looks like. Even if two years pass, he remembers us. I just have everything ready, slice open the box, look it over, make sure the glass is intact and the playfield isn't jacked out of shape in some way, then sign. I don't fully unpackage it and pull off the glass though.

I can see opening the top and looking down the sides to see if theres anything obvious. So if u cut open the box and theres a problem what do u do? Tape it up and send it back with no repercussions? Has this happened to u in the past?

#1566 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Yeah, well we've also never heard of manufacturers sending out defective products and expecting buyers to just accept them either.
If you're buying from a distributor, tell them you are not accepting delivery unless the game is defect free.
If you're buying the game direct from JJP and you're dealing with a 3rd party shipper like a moving company, tell them when they contact you to set up the delivery that you will be inspecting the item for defects when it's dropped off. If they refuse to allow you to inspect the game while they wait, then refuse the delivery, ask for a refund on the game, and purchase from a distributor.
Or, take the risk and get a defective game and try to get restitution later through the warranty process. Good luck with that, however.

I hear what your saying, and agree thats the only recourse. I've purchased many NIB games and this has never really been an option so I'm just wondering if other people actually follow this procedure. I like it if its really an option...

#1569 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I would if it was something major, yes. I only had one issue. There was a hole in the box, I opened up the box and found the side artwork had a scratch in it. I immediately called my distributor and sent photos to him and he said to keep it and he would get me a new decal, which he did. In that particular case, it's a fixable thing that is way less costly just in shipping charges to handle it this way. I probably wouldn't have sent it back (JJPOTC LE), but there was no way to dispute my claim that it did happen during shipping. I'm not sure if JJP or the distributor recouped the cost of the decal from FEDEX or not.

Thats a primary example of why I would send back the game, and have them install new decals and send the game back. We all know that the decal cost is far less than the shipping, but its their issue and not mine.

#1571 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have a nephew-in-law that makes those kinds of decals for commercial vehicles and installs them. He was going to come up from Florida with his tools and install it for me but covid got in the way of those plans. Next year.

Lucky u what I do know is that its a pain in the butt on older games. Maybe these decals are easier to remove/replace because their new? Personally if it were me I'd send it back, because I know I'll never do it.

#1711 3 years ago

Really? I'm surprised JJP won't do what they did on WW

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I guess you have to factor in PR relations, production delays, forum speculation, lost future sales (Nick at Buffalo Pinball isn't alone) owner satisfaction...lots of variables...Sure up front it's a new concept, but they keep trying to reinvent the wheel with clearcoat and until we see Spectrum Mirco or (spooky process adoption) then it's just throwing bandaids at symptoms...why not get to the root of the problem and get out in front of it factoring it into all designs going forward. I don't care how they do it, just get the posts and anything taking a hit repeatedly (sling posts, guiderails) out of direct playfield contact

Since it appears they haven't solved the clear issue it seem to me they need to move to a mechanical design change...simply repeating past problems isn't good for anyone. I realize they don't make play fields, but its their brand. Mirco clearly has QC issues as their play field quality is all over the map...nobody likes rolling the dice on these games

#1715 3 years ago

On WW they decided to create a topper after the fact for the LE model. The CE topper wasn't sold as an add-on for the LE machine. If ever it was to be done it was the game prior - Pirates. Every person tried to buy the ship in a bottle topper and no one got one that I know of because the company wants to have some things unique to the CE model to generate interest in the CE model.

I realize that....just surprised JJP won't sell an after market topper for the LE like they did on Wonka

#1803 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Added a subwoofer over the weekend and WOW what a difference. I went with the Sony SACS9. Can't speak to the difference between it and the Polk PSW10 which seems to be the incumbent favorite; but: had read a few places that the Sony had much more bang for a little more buck. Blown away by the difference it makes.
I know this has been covered elsewhere, but: I had never added a sub to a pin before. Couldn't be easier, but: hoping this helps the next batch of GNR owners.
I bought a set of alligator clips from Amazon.
amazon.com link Ā»
Lift the playfield. You're going to attach to the in-cabinet sub mounted at the bottom of the cabinet. Check alligator clip size to make sure they fit snugly across the red and black terminals where factory wires are soldered.
Grab some 14 gauge speaker; cut two 5' or so pieces. Strip both ends of both wires, attaching alligator clips to one side of each wire. (note: you could solder them on for overkill, but: not necessary).
Remove two of the bolts holding one of the protective screening at the back bottom of the cabinet. Basically: whichever one you want the wires to be dropping down through (for me, the right side).
Connect the wires to either the Left or the Right input on the sub (making sure red and black are together on whichever one you choose).
Set volume and cutover frequency to about 60% of maximum (my preference; nice balance of blasting the game room w/out quite shaking the whole house).
Turn up GNR volume and rock out.
ps: here's a link to the sub I bought:
amazon.com link Ā»

I think the Polk PSW10 sub is used by many (including myself) since u get a lot of bang for your buck. Its a decent Sub and its cheap. Clearly there are better subs on the market, but for pinball it may not matter much

#1933 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:Does anyone know what a CE is going for on the open market or if any have actually changed hand, what it or they went for? Back on topic!

Some guy sold his position for $8K....money went to charity

#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All the TV sound bars have an amp... they are self powered speakers driven by a digital or line-input.

It will be interesting to see how JJP is connecting the CE topper/speakers, and whether or not theres additional software settings?

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

I would sell my ce spot for 8k. And if you need to link it to a charity it can be "distraught husbands verbally abused by their wives for buying too many pinball machines".

I think many would....

#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Liorā€™s topper will definitely be well over $1k considering the prices he charges

If he really builds a topper it will be way over $1K.....If I recall correctly he built one for Dracula or some game like like and it was well over $2K

#2107 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

what do you think would be "Making it right"?
I was thinking about this last night and really these are the only fair options I could come up with.
1. New populated playfield
or
2. 20%-30% refund
or
3. ship the game back for a full refund including cost of shipping and taxes

Now your thinking too logically....we all know from past that none of those options will ever happen. Unfortunately with Stern and JJP your rolling the dice. The best you can hope for is a new play field that hopefully offsets the value of the game if u ever decide to sell it.

#2112 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

then they aren't making it right

Thats the risk....I know it sucks, but its the reality of the situation. The hope is u can sell the unpopulated play field for $500+ and make up some of the loses. If this really bothers u I wouldn't buy NIB

#2116 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

No its not the risk... big difference between some pooling and your playfield literally chipping apart 30 plays into it.

Listen its really simple....don't buy NIB games....I stayed on the side line for two years due to all these issues, and decided to change course as I love GNR and wanted the CE....So I rolled the dice thinking there was little chance this issue would continue, but here we are. I guarantee u there will dozens of nice games for sale in 6-12 months that u can inspect prior to purchase.

#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

listen don't tell me what do to. the vast majority of NIB games from every manufacturer don't have issues to this degree. if you want to create some delusion in your mind that this is normal go ahead.

The vast majority of NIB GNR games won't have this issue either, but the reality is some will.....or u can continue to stress out assuming JJP and or Stern will fix all these problems...its not gonna happen....so ya theres a risk, because if it does happen u know damn well the best you'll get is a unpopulated play field....all the above problems go away if u buy a nice HUO game that u can inspect

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Is cliffy making anything for the scoop and how soon usually is it available? I assume it would make sense to cover front of scoop.

Be nice if JJP just went to Cliff and had him design a better protector for that scoop.

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

This looks a lot like the sculpt that The Art of Pinball made and sold. Did these guys work together on this?

I highly doubt it....it looks awesome, and far cheaper than the Art of Pinball version....I'm guessing the same quality

#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

Matt does make nice stuff, but I know first hand that quality is never an issue with what Lior makes and its a good option for $70 more. I am pretty sure he also sends extras with all of his mods that gets shipped out.

No extras with IJ mods, I think there was a key chain on one of the POTC mods (HMS)....so I've never received anything extra that has any real value...I highly doubt the Loir version is 30+% better .... they look pretty close to me....

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

"superior LE cabinet art" Taking beautifully done artwork already made for concert posters, does not scream pinball cabinet art work. I'm sorry, but it doesn't. It's no different than copying and pasting images of characters from a movie based theme. It looks fantastic, but the CE screams pinball themed GNR original artwork! That's what attracted me to the CE when I first saw it. I'm glad that your cumming in your paints over it....but please "superior"

No doubt....its not even close...CE is far superior, but the LE looks nice

#2321 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah we'll just have to agree to disagree as the CE artwork is terrible. It's all subjective fellas although I'm thinking about starting a poll. Would be fun to see which one is preferred by majority bc I'm quite confident LE will smoke it.
Any news on LE production and where that stands now? Anyone receive an LE this week?

Ahhh terrible? Thats crazy talk! Its not even close, but whatever

#2339 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Your are both wrong. The obvious choice is the SE! Now I am going to cover my ears and run away.

My point is there is no right or wrong answer....some love the SE, some love the LE, some love the CE....none of these are terrible...they are all professionally done

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

The more I look at the CE the more I realize they stole some of the AFDs soul. The cross being modified broke my heart. I think I can get over fat Axl, but modifying the art on the side without the girl, albeit not like the original art (PC today) takes away from the original concept. The LE is killer imo, and embodies GnR. The SE is indeed rat fink.. I dont see these staying in collections like other pins.. the gather players, start songs, MB, rinse and repeat will get tiresome for those that aren't true GnR diehards. I can see someone saying at 200 games in.. which song do i want to play.. again.. Then the rest of us can snag one well below MSRP and not feel like you have to play it 4000 times to justify the price. $3k more for a CE. smh.. Curious how long it will take for everyone to realize this pin is not transcendent. Now that its been done, the light show will be repeated. I can't imagine JJP will go backward...

I like GNR music, but not really a fanatic fan....simply knowing the cross was modified is far beyond anything I care about...my guess is most pinball players could give a rats ass....its really all about the entire package....all three versions are nice...SE is a great price point with fun game play and the LE and CE are basically the same game minus some bling and one mech....is the CE worth $12.5....we all know the answer to that...its worth what people are willing to pay

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Absolutely.. maybe poo-puri. Lol. I was crazy excited about the LE but opted to wait to get my hands on one. Honestly I have never been more excited about a new pin. I drive my wife crazy watching reveals and gameplay. Will definitely want to snag one. I think all three are killer...

You have the right mindset in waiting. With thousands of these being made u know darn well there will be several nice HUO on the market. That way u can probably save some $ and inspect the game prior to purchase.

#2495 3 years ago

I will say that after owning all the JJP LE games I can safely say their flipper rubber is crap....I've come to the realization that u have to change them out day 1

#2535 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Optimal is 1:30 to 2:00 on average. I have given feedback suggesting an operator default. While I can remove posts and increase the pitch if I cannot get the game times lower Iā€™ll be forced to sell it.
A few operators warned me about long ball times on Aerosmith which might be why you donā€™t see them on route regularly either.

Really? If my average game time was at 1:30 due to your settings I'd never play another game in your arcade

#2557 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Players also stop playing the game because they spent $1 or $1.50 for an average of 1:30 to 2:00 minute play time. Just saying.

Is that the average price of a new game on location? I've always seen $2.00, but maybe thats just a local thing?

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Simply Wow! Huge shout out to Matt at Backalley. Ordered and arrived in 2 days and looks fricken Awesome!! Simply amazed by the fine detail granted not surprised as thats what he does. Simple install and looks completely factory. Understand why JJP avoided adding guns to the game but Really glad Matt made this happen. Well done sir!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that looks awesome...

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Oops, yes, meant $2 or sometimes $1.50 if you buy multiple plays at once.

Thats what I've seen...single game $2.00...2 games $3.00 .... if the game is clearly setup so difficult I'd just walk away. The problem is its difficult to see if your a newbie to pinball, which might be the operators target market?

1 week later
#2780 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Got this awesome piece from back alley today. Great piece, and looks awesome with the guns. Highly recommended. Canā€™t wait to see what other mods come out from them.
[quoted image]

Wow that looks awesome....Back Alley does great work and a very reasonable price

#2869 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

In nearly three weeks (based on the timing of the Facebook photos lately of the LE's on the line) they have made only 30 more LE's??? That cant be right. If they are making 10 a week they are going to be on timing worse than The Big Lebowski! I cant believe that to be true. Even Spooky makes more than that!

Its anyone's guess as JJP refuses to communicate to its customer base....its mind boggling to me

#2895 3 years ago

Very misleading ad....unless of course he has the games in stock ready to ship, which I highly doubt

#2897 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I read it clearly as a general policy that they do same day shipping and that they have over 400 games in stock. Not that they have stock of any one particular machine at all times. Didn't feel at all mislead.

I get it was a cut and paste, but considering it was an Ad for a GNR LE than its pretty misleading....

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Lied to the public really I donā€™t remember games falling out of the doors or Eric telling us there was hundred ready to ship!I heard from the beginning there were a approximately 100 LEā€™s ready to go.
I will agree they need to do a much better job at communicating game deliveries!

They haven't lied as they don't communicate well....they had a great launch, but its been downhill ever sense

#3061 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think only 1 new LE owner has posted in the last couple weeks, phoenixpin . Is JJP making 10-15 games a day, or 10-15 games a week? I donā€™t want to say what my distributor told me for an ETA as I donā€™t want to jinx nothing haha. I just hope JJP cranks them out and thereā€™s a slew of owners that have no idea this thread exists; or all those games made in the last few weeks are going overseas. The crickets are deafening.

My guess is its more like 10-15 a week or maybe they've stopped all production to figure out their play field issues?.....its anyones guess as JJP refuses to communicate with its customers....

#3066 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
LTG : )

How do you know? Did they tell u something they haven't told their customers?

#3068 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

ESP. Extra Sharp Peepers.
That and pictures on Facebook of the assembly line.

I'm not a customer.
LTG : )

In my mind Facebook doesn't mean anything, but not surprising u have ESP

1 week later
#3241 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Did anyone else notice the WANTED GNRCE ads went from 14 to 3.

My guess is people have the opinion "whats the point" since JJP probably won't be shipping these for months

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Donā€™t be greedy, add me to the CE Club in December! I hate reading their bullshit marketing on FB with no delivery communication for CEs!

I'm with ya....my bet is there is almost zero chance they will ship in December....

2 weeks later
#3933 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

Is the rubber on your flippers falling apart?
Where do I get replacements and is there a different kind I should get? I've had my Iron Maiden since April and they still look new. I've had the GNR for 10 days, home use only. Also, where do I buy the clear-ish white rubber pieces. I noted one was missing but the machine only came with the larger size. You can see that I put it on the pin on the right side of the picture, but it is too big.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love JJP games, but their flipper rubbers are crap.....I always have to replace mine

1 month later
#5337 3 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

Anyone else have inserts lifting in the city lights below Amps and Crowd? Iā€™ve reached out to JJP.
Todd
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hard to see in the photos....

#5374 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Still waiting on my CE. Havenā€™t even been invoiced yet. Sorry to say it might be a while...

Really? I was invoiced weeks ago...I was told JJP requested all funds for CE's...no idea when mine will ship

#5390 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I have only been asked to pay the $1000 JJP deposit so far

I was asked to pay in full 2-3 weeks ago....no word yet on when my game ships. My guess is 2-4 weeks out....at some point it will arrive

#5541 3 years ago

Wow...kinda BS if u ask me, but as Gordon Gekko famously said "greed is good"

#5545 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Is it greed? I'm in the HVAC and plumbing business. Our vendors just informed us that our material cost are going up 15% next month. We usually get hit with 3-5% increase. Could it be the same for other manufactures like JJP?

Its all about increasing profits... its great for existing owners...not so great for new buyers.....so is this gonna be JJP LE pricing in the future or only on games that sell well? A.... so are future CE's now gonna be $15K ? I'm sure when the dust settled they sat around the table and wished they priced it higher

#5729 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just saw another chip on my SE towards the scoop
[quoted image]

That sucks....that high use area is begging for a Cliffy protector....

#5737 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Just curious, for people that have recently taken delivery, when and through whom did you order your machine? Just trying to get an idea of when to expect my le. I placed my order early october.

Its kinda crazy to me that JJP doesn't provide estimated delivery dates. My guess is they have a pretty good idea when delivery will take place. From what I heard they will finish building out the CE's through February and then start up on the LE's.

#5743 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

yeah, at least with my rick & morty. I knew where in line (approximately) I was.

Pretty frustrating if I was an LE buyer....my CE finally shipped on Monday

3 weeks later
#6561 3 years ago

Update was very quick, however after mine updated it got hung up and never booted back up. I had to cycle power to finalize the update.

#6734 3 years ago

Hopefully JJP posts the new download on their site soon

#6739 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Sorry, thought I made it clear in my comments (I'd have to go back and check) that the balls are always collected now at the end of a song.
1.16 had 2 major issues. One was the nasty autoplunge thing, and other was it was waiting until the total pages to kick the ball. Now the balls are collected during the jackpot and total animation to reduce lag after song end. This is all normal, and won't be changing (that is, I will always be collecting balls after a song is over now).

Awesome....can u please post so this is available via WiFi download!

1 week later
#7130 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm impressed you even knew what a log dump meant....It means something totally different to me!

Your on a roll today

#7179 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/
things are really messed up. Some people can update via USB, some can, wifi updates don't work for anyone, and now we hear reports of crashes on 1.18. If your game is playing fine on the code you are on, don't waste your time updating right now and just wait until a fixed version is available. I'm certainly no longer going to be an early adopter of new code from JJP. Wonka also has issues updating from reading that thread.

I can certainly see your frustration....I've owned all their games and I've never seen it this challenging. Hopefully they get it all resolved soon as my game is kinda unplayable at the moment.

#7297 3 years ago

Anyone still having problems downloading 1.19 via WiFi? I tried updating from 1.16 to 1.19....everything seemed to download fine, but when the game rebooted it was still on 1.16

#7303 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I bit the bullet and decided to try to upgrade to 1.19. Had no issues, worked over WiFi.

Hmmm....I was upgrading from 1.16...I wonder if thats the issue?

#7313 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Canā€™t update wifi or usb. This is pissing me off and my cab if jacked up which isnā€™t helping my frustrations

I feel your frustration brother !

#7344 3 years ago

Updating this game is painful....I still dont understand why they can't fix the WiFi update from 1.16 to 1.19.....JJP is getting lazy

#7348 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The code CURRENTLY ON THE GAME for 1.15, 1.16, and 1.17 broke wifi. It is by definition impossible to make a fix to the wifi code via wifi because... wifi is broken. That is why the update FROM 1.15, 1.16, or 1.17 must be done via usb. Updating via usb fixes the wifi code. Then wifi updates will work again.
I don't have enough info to diagnose any of the usb problems described... Make sure you're doing the right update method. If you downloaded the zip file, unzip it onto the stick and select usb update from within the game. If you downloaded the ISO, make sure it's burned onto the stick then turn the game on with the stick in the usb cable. (Recommend using the usb cable and not the cabinet board for speed reasons.)

Sorry I shouldn't have used the word lazy.....just updating via USB has always been a major pain in the ass on my end, but I guess I don't have choice. Too bad u can't go back to an older version of the code via WiFi, and then update.

#7377 3 years ago

so is there a specific memory stick manufacturer that I should use? I just tried with two others with no luck

#7391 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Delta or Full ISO update? Mac or PC?

Mac....I mean Sandisk or some other brand as apparently it matters...2.0, 3.0, 8Gb, 16 Gb, 32 Gb.....

#7393 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're doing a full ISO then? What are you using to build the bootable USB?

Yes....unetbootin

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you log into the BIOS and make sure the USB was before the hard drive in the boot priority table? That's the first thing I'd check. Someone else found it wasn't. Changing that fixed the process for them.
If boot priority checks out, someone said they had success not using a different bootable ISO creator, but it's not available on Mac. Maybe try a free one here (I don't have any recommendations about which one, sorry):
https://www.uubyte.com/burn-iso-to-usb-on-mac.html

Thanks for information....what type/size memory stick have u had success with?

#7545 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Joined the hobby 1 year ago with the purchase of a Stern Jurassic Park pro. Have played 5,000+ games throughout quarantine and am now ready to look at a second pin. Really enjoyed learning the JP ruleset and building up my skill to (almost) reach escape nublar. Can't wait to dive into a second pin.
I am currently between GnR (LE) or an Avengers IQ (Premium) and am hoping this group can provide a recommendation. I have flipped an Avengers (CE) on location and really liked the flow, speed and combo potentials. It also seems at first glance like it has a similarly deep ruleset like Jurassic Park. Really hoping my local arcade (Wizard's World) gets their GnR LE soon so I can flip and compare.
GnR is my wife and my all-time favorite band. We love the music and have seen Slash in concert with Velvet Revolver as well as Miles Kennedy multiple times. That will likely put us over the top on the decision. Just curious how those of you who own GnR would compare it to Avengers. I really appreciate your feedback!

Well I've only played a handful of games on an Avengers LE (it was a fun game), but in my opinion its not even close....GNR by a country mile....the problem is finding a GNR u can get in a reasonable amount of time....if I was u I would pick up a nice HUO AIQ premium or LE and play that for 6 months while your waiting for your GNR LE

#7565 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

When software is bad or broken (aka 1.15-1.18) then itā€™s not smart because itā€™s broken. Wifi was something that specifically broke. Hopefully moving forward they can include a revert to previous firmware (maybe at least 2-3 versions back), that might be the smartness youā€™re looking for

Totally agree....not sure why JJP doesn't allow end users to do this

#7596 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Best mini pf in pinball.

Its definitely nice, but I'd have to say POTC, and TSPP are pretty fun as well....

2 months later
#10495 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Thatā€™s my biggest gripe with JJP at this point. They know there is a problem and they giving everyone ZERO direction as to what the best way is to handle this. The very least they could do is tell everyone how to handle this and mitigate further playfield degradation. Itā€™s just complete silence from them. Itā€™s almost surreal how poorly they are handling this issue.

The reality is they don't want to admit theres a problem. JJP makes nice games, but their new business practices are crap....

1 week later
#10916 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am so exhausted by all the damn playfield posts on here.
Nobody talking about the game any more, it's all "look at my posts" or "mine seems ok I guess I'm lucky."
Does anyone buy pins to, you know, play them?

Well if JJP actually did their job and addressed the issues professionally than the negative chatter would stop....don't blame owners for venting on a forum

#10936 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

But canā€™t they at least do it in one of the several playfield threads instead of ruining this one?

Thats a good point, but I guess when your pissed off u have to vent everywhere....

#10946 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All of the posts of people posting pictures and information about playfield issues helps to create a timeline for when these issues started occurring, what batches of games are affected, which games have what washers, and to let potential future owners know if the issue is resolved. With pretty much 0 communication from JJP on this issue it's unfortunately been up to customers to create this timeline.

I think my biggest frustration is the lack of communication and leadership from JJP....frankly they deserve all the criticism in the world since they have zero leadership in resolving issues. Everyone on this platform needs to rely on others to help resolve issues.

#10997 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

zaphx's strategy and rules video was helpful to me, it's a long one but in the first 15-20 minutes or so you'll get the most of it.

I always appreciate his videos....

1 week later
#11366 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

These are the JJP side blades. Goes more with the CE side decals but still better than black sides.
[quoted image]

Where did you get those?

2 weeks later
#11908 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

There is this aftermarket topper I have seen.
https://pinballsales.com.au/product/rock-topper/[quoted image]

$2K+ .... no thanks....

1 week later
#12304 2 years ago
Quoted from sanantoniopinhea:

Now the most disappointing part. My Limor action button broke in half at the bottom of the bottom. Had little tape on the backside. Very disappointed for $ 270 bucks.

I had this very concern as its pretty delicate. The tape on the back of the mod wasn't even close to working. I was worried that if I tried to press too hard the part would break as it wasn't flat. I ended up using some thicker tape it seems to be holding up fine although not ideal as the original tape would have been a nicer look

1 month later
#14009 2 years ago

Does the LE topper do anything special? I havenā€™t been able to see a video of it

Not really...I believe it only lights up, but it looks cool and is relatively cheap.....

#14010 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Anyone hear of an ETA for the topper? Thought they said Aug/Sept. Well we're half way through that!

Good question....I haven't heard boo

1 week later
#14705 2 years ago

Anyone get the topper yet?

#14944 2 years ago

So what does the topper do? (If anything)

All it does is light up (typical JJP topper)....on a positive note it looks good and fits the theme

#15015 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

For those who hooked up the topper - does it need a software update? I cant get mine to light up. I plugged it into the only matching connector that I could find that was on the left hand side of the backbox.
Thoughts?
Thanks

Yea u need to upgrade to the latest code...the topper doesn't do anything except light up (from what Ive noticed)

3 weeks later
#15837 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not necessary on JJP machines. They have the metal standoffs already installed on the cabinet corners.

They also come with felt so I don't think those cabinet protectors are necessary on JJP games.

1 month later
#17879 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

You should also take down the YouTube videos I watched then.

I've installed these on no less than 20 machines, and the wet method is BY FAR the best way to install art blades....

#18084 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

The web site is WWW.PINBALLMODZ.COM. enjoy!

He doesnt have anything listed on his website....how do I get information on this product?

#18086 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

His email contacts are listed as:
orders at pinballmodz.com
or
kylevirg at gmail.com

Thanks I did see his contacts...does anyone have a video? I have the same topper, and although reasonably priced its your typical JJP cheap do nothing topper

#18098 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This video does give you an idea of the animation modes (for the people wisely avoiding Facebook exposure):

Thank you....

#18099 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This video does give you an idea of the animation modes (for the people wisely avoiding Facebook exposure):

I heard back from pinballmodz. He's sold out of his two batches (and has a wait list for people who flake) and doesn't plan on making anymore units. Maybe finishing up your project makes more sense?

1 week later
#18394 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Who makes the decals for GnR? It is also just as flawed as the playfields, and I know Mirco does decals too. Is Mirco just a shit show?
Does anyone else make radcals. Would love to replace my GnR LE decals with radcals as JJP canā€™t get their shit right with decals.

Nope decals are done nicely.....radcals on my CE were badass, but I doubt u can purchase....I don't think they make radcals for the LE?

#18500 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The game I just purchased had mirror blades installed. I much prefer the look of mirror blades on this title...the art blade art is too busy for my eye. Just looks like a rehash of the LE cabinet artwork...

I actually prefer mirrored blades myself, but its a total crap shoot on whether or not they fit on JJP games. The clearance between the play field and sides is pretty inconsistent on their games. I purchased a couple blades for their games and had to change course because they wouldn't fit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.