IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ya with Stern's Zeppelin just around the corner in 2 months, the bar has been raised. Gonna be fun to see what Ritchie/Sexton come up with.

Two more months? Shit, I was hoping Stern was ready and showing this month to counter, would have been epic.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That literally killed POTC JJP for me. Too much MB. I played the game tonight. MB is heavy for sure but hopefully it gets toned down a little with patches. You can also start a song I believe without MB but score wise, you would be silly to do so.

Multiball all the time definitely isn’t fun.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That literally killed POTC JJP for me. Too much MB. I played the game tonight. MB is heavy for sure but hopefully it gets toned down a little with patches. You can also start a song I believe without MB but score wise, you would be silly to do so.

So since you played and owned POTC, can these two games coexist in a lineup or is the style of gameplay too redundant?

#305 3 years ago

Serious question, is every mode that is tied to starting a song a MB? For how much I like what I’m seeing, that is a major concern.

#439 3 years ago

This Bluetooth speaker would be fantastic up top on the LE, they look fantastic too. forget about the $60 soundbars, they sound like dog shit.

CD0843D6-1039-48A7-A3A6-0F0B059C483E (resized).jpegCD0843D6-1039-48A7-A3A6-0F0B059C483E (resized).jpeg

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sweet! Nice find and share. Will be looking for that one. Like the extra sound but the Look is much better with this option. To be honest after playing the LE for 10 hours yesterday this game really Doesn't need much more sound or improvement. The speaker setup JJP used on this game is amazing.

Quoted from wesman:

Link? Danke.

Haha! I bet you're covered. Chris from Kingpin has your back! Or front.
Did you buy via him again? Haven't seen him post in a bit.

They sell them at Best Buy and elsewhere and there are 3 sizes but they sound great and are loud if you want loud.

As for the delay, 1/4 second is a bunch. If we were talking milliseconds I wouldn’t worry.

Some electronics guru can probably figure out how to hardwire something like this to the machine. Pretty sure the marshall speaker has hard inputs too.

#466 3 years ago

Absolutely killed me last night during the Buffalo stream when he started Its so Easy then shut it down, about threw my beer across the room. F’ing great song!

Need to see the lightshow for that one..lol

#529 3 years ago

So are there any distros that got first shipments and all aren’t spoken for?

1 week later
#1247 3 years ago

Did Axl do any callouts or voice work in the game?
I’ve heard stuff in the videos from the others, Duff, Melissa and Frank but don’t think I heard Axl.

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man you’re incredibly lucky. I ordered mine day of release 1st second and no dice. Mike must have the hook up! Good to know

He is JJP largest volume distro so I would expect them to get the most and the earliest batch.

#1415 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

See, now THATS an issue! This nitpicky magnifying glass tiny pool on one post crap drives me nuts. If you look long and hard enough, you'll find something wrong somewhere. People should not sweat the smallest tiny imperfections and actually PLAY the damn game. The BM66 pics above ARE something to be pissed about. And I personally would drive to Sterns headquarters with that machine in tow and demand satisfaction. On the other hand, one or 2 posts with a slight bit of pooling that no one will ever notice unless they're intentionally looking for pooling? I dont care. Perfection would be nice, but it cant happen. Not 100%. It just cant.

If the pooling didn’t eventually break off like it did on POTC and Wonka I wouldn’t give a shit either. But here is a ugly reminder of what that will eventually look like. Tell me this is ok?

14DE110A-9F74-4D5E-89B7-68312F0946C9 (resized).jpeg14DE110A-9F74-4D5E-89B7-68312F0946C9 (resized).jpeg
#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

A bit of good news for those with concerns is this. I've put probably 40 or 50 games on mine now and the playfield looks smooth as glass. Not 1 divet that I can spot. I expect divets by the way, they also dont bother me, part of playing. But I'm telling you, this machine still looks perfect. On my Stern JP I saw divets after a handful of games. So, whatever this new Mirco process is, its working.

Report back after a couple hundred games played.
Dimples are to be expected, peeling art not so much.

#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wonder what they've changed .
I brought a demo WOZrr with over 2000 plays on it and a nib Hobbit with now over 600 plays, , besides minor dimpling the playfields are perfect .

No way to know, there was some testing done on a couple of the replacement PF’s that were sent out for POTC owners and didn’t seem to suffer any ill effect but here we are witnessing the same exact shit within 10 days of the game coming out.

Mirco claimed they had a new clear coat or process, maybe it’s an issue with assembly at JJP? Too soon before fully cured(hard to believe), over torqued posts perhaps?

I hope this remains a relatively isolated issue!

1 week later
#2119 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

what do you think would be "Making it right"?
I was thinking about this last night and really these are the only fair options I could come up with.
1. New populated playfield
or
2. 20%-30% refund
or
3. ship the game back for a full refund including cost of shipping and taxes

None of this happened for POTC and was much more wide spread across SE/LE/CE.

#2121 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So out of all of the people in this thread with an LE on order, who has called and cancelled? I'd love to know how quickly I am moving up the line as a result of the cancellations out of protest here...
If push came to shove and your distributor called you today and said "yup, ready to ship! please pay this invoice, youll have your game Friday of this week!" - how many would actually say "thanks but no thanks...call the next buyer in line!" ?
Demand on this is through the roof. We are all hypothetically looking at months-long wait period at the moment and have not heard a peep from JJP with any details just to make this whole thing more disconcerting...yet are we cancelling in droves??

Bingo..this is why there will be no more done other than washer cover up kits and at best a replacement unpopulated PF for the worst case
Damages.

There really is no need for them to do more or change anything since you all are lining up in droves for the game.

#2122 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I am not saying it has or it will. Simply saying what "making it right" would actually be.

I got a unpopulated PF which I would have to pay someone to do the swap years down the road.
If I recall, Quotes for this type of swap are north of $1500. Several on here looked into it.

2 weeks later
#2917 3 years ago

The game isn’t based on Appetite. It’s based on the not in this life time tour which spanned 2016 to 2019 with the new members and they did use that cross on the tour if I recall correctly.

Don’t get all the hoopla about the art.

#2918 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I don’t hate the new cross but would have preferred the original. The LE does a much better job representing the game with art directly tied to the theme, which is the tour imo. The CE art is based on the old album AFD, but then adds the new members, and the game itself is strictly about the recent tour. The CE looks great too, but the LE art makes more sense based off the actual game theme.

I agree, LE is the most cohesive art pkg.

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I don’t recall that cross ever used before or at the concert itself, but that’s not to say it wasn’t. Either way both games look great and I agree the LE is more cohesive. Jjp did great with both packages.

Not 100% sure but I feel like I’ve seen a cross reflecting the new members and figured it was from the tour art or program or something of that nature. May not have been exactly like the one on the side of the head here.

#2978 3 years ago

Any distros with SE’s yet? Just missed on one today.

2 weeks later
#3333 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

The transparent washers are only on sling posts. Throughout the playfield there are metallic washers. Not sure if these were in the first run or not. Again nothing obtrusive and looks good enough for me.[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

The clear definitely looks better.

#3407 3 years ago

So who has played both SE and LE that can review based on gameplay?

Which shoots better?

2 months later
#5846 3 years ago

Might be looking to trade my tastefully modded POTC LE for a GNR. Probably the only way I’ll let it go.

If anyone has interest shoot me a msg. No guarantees but it has all the desirable mods and none of the stick on BS.

#5848 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

There’s a couple selling/trading CEs on the marketplace. Sound like these 2 are going for the same amounts

Only looking for a Le, maybe a se.

#5851 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Trading POTC LE for GNR LE? That's leaving around 10K on the table. I'd push to trade for a GNR CE.

And cash of course, I’m not giving it away. Not a fan of the CE art unfortunately. It’s a no go.

Or a LE and another pin I would consider.

#5873 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Why would you want to trade your pirates for an average game , not a great shooter , with a useless upper Playfield , just OK code and annoying sounds
[quoted image]

Because I’m willing to give it a try. Doesn’t mean I’ll keep it forever though.

Your right though, I may really f’ing regret doing it.

#5876 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm just teasing . After your comments , I was just surprised to see you wanted one .
I've had time on both and don't think you will regret it but hey everyone has their own opinion .
Shows you how good the game is , it can even convert the non-believers . [quoted image]

It’s all good, I’m not converted yet.

Just trying to shake things up a bit. POTC is by far the least played game in the house.

#5878 3 years ago
Looks good

#5881 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I tried to sell my spot for pirates CE (at cost price) for months and only had one phone call .
It's only worth so much now because they are no longer making it .
GNR is a truly fun game and when that's no longer available the prices will do the same .
Grab the cash for pirates while its in demand .

That’s kind of the complication with POTC being a gem, don’t want to let it go just to let it go.

Would prefer a trade of some sort rather than a cash sale but hey I’m always willing to entertain so if anyone has interest hit me up.

You just never know!

3 weeks later
#6795 3 years ago

Any word when LE’s back on the line?

#6879 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Shit , now I think about it Stern has as many or more issues as any other manufacturer .

I wouldn’t expect them to not since they mfg easily 3-4x the amount of machines in a year then any other mfg.

#6929 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is this the GnR owners thread?

1 month later
#8116 2 years ago

Anyone have a link for the black mirror blades?

#8119 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I had to cut about an 1/8 of an inch off them to make em fit but they have no issues making contact with the playfield. Perfect in that regard, but don’t expect it to be a completely easy install.

What did you cut them with?

#8121 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I installed these on an SE with no issues. Their site use to say these were preferred for the JJP GnR but they seemed to have removed those comments for some reason. I can post photos if anyone wants to see how they line up.
https://cointaker.com/products/ballywms-remake-mirror-blades[quoted image]

Only chrome finish though correct?

2 weeks later
#8937 2 years ago

Is there any sound level adjustments for bass and treble or an EQ?

#9016 2 years ago

Is the pop bumper with high hat supposed to light up like the other two?

Mine doesn’t light and took the plastic and metal cover off and don’t see a bulb in there.

#9018 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
LTG : )

Thanks!

#9052 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

This happened to me, it’s in part because that post becomes loose over time, it isn’t held by a nut at the bottom. It’s easy to not realize that the post is rattling around smashing against the playfield. I used these clear washers which look good. I used 1” washers and they don’t interact with the ball. I actually put the 3/4 washers on every other post in the game just in case.
https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

Might grab a few of these to have just in case. You used 3/4” where you had no issues and 1” where there was chipping?
Just got my game Friday and nothing yet but want to be prepared.

#9089 2 years ago

Man this black chrome is sexy!

F9614485-3534-4151-88FB-73C86154E94D (resized).jpegF9614485-3534-4151-88FB-73C86154E94D (resized).jpeg
#9101 2 years ago

Who makes a translite light kit to light the dark edges? Non color changing preffered.

#9105 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Walmart. $6. You want the USB TV wall backlighting kit.

Isn’t a wire tap needed or connector?

#9147 2 years ago

Any toppers in the works for the LE?

#9278 2 years ago

Can someone explain what qualifies thirst for carnage mode?
Got it twice in a row on games that weren’t great.

#9281 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

play through songs from Appetite for Destruction for 3 minutes in total to qualify for the album mode Thirst for Carnage.
Gettting the Appetite for Destruction patch will help greatly in completing it.

The 3 minutes I assume applies to all the album modes?
I was thinking how did I get here on a very sub par game and on games where I’ve gotten my highest scores didn’t see these modes.

#9377 2 years ago

Does JJP sell replacement record decals? I got the shitty Chinese Democracy one and want to change it.

#9388 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact Nate at JJP.
LTG : )

You have a email address for Nate?

4 months later
#15840 2 years ago

Is there a trick to adjusting the spotlight aim?

My left spotlight aims slightly low and ive tried loosening the screw to center and retighten and it seems to go right back to aiming low.

#15844 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You need to make sure the servo is centered when you screw it in, and try not to cause rotation while screwing it in.
I will admit that it's a fiddly process that requires a few tries to get it dialed in just right.

Ok I’ll give it another try.

I’m assuming you want to do this with game powered off?

#15847 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, I did it by going into device test for spotlights and selecting the opposite_ spot which puts your active spot servos at X/Y center.
I've since learned a potentially easier way is boot the game to attract mode (both spot servos are now centered) and power off.

Thanks

#15903 2 years ago

Anyone have an issue with balls getting stuck coming out of the bass up kicker? Seems the screw for upper PF is causing it but won’t go in any further. I recently had it removed to install cliffys.

#15987 2 years ago

Can someone post a picture of their upper pf vuk where ball exits?

I’m still having an issue where ball will get hung up on screw and rubber snubbers.

Works fine in test though, will kick ball up and down bass ramp.

#15997 2 years ago

I would love to see knocking on heavens door added in future update, GNR’s version rocks!

#16015 2 years ago

Anyone have shooter issues where maybe 1 in 4 attempts plunges the ball hard enough to get it to skill shot?

#16017 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Check to make sure you don't have too long a barrel spring on the plunger (the one outside the cabinet.) Especially if you've modded your plunger or plunger housing.

Haven’t modified anything with plunger, it worked fine until I worked in that area to install cliffys.

I installed everything back to the way it was previously and nothing seems out of place.

#16019 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Without a ball in the plunger lane, just pull back and release the plunger a few times. Do you see the auto-plunger thingy twitch a bit? If so, the plunger is striking it and losing power. Need to loosen the screws on the inside of the cabinet that hold the plunger housing tight, and skootch it down a bit and retighten it, so that it no longer strikes the autoplunger. Also a good time to check the centering of the plunger vs the ball (left to right).

This makes sense as the likely culprit. I did notice the auto plunger jumping a bit on full plunges. Thx!

1 year later
#26393 6 months ago

Are these setting more for the advance player or average?
Don’t want to change it if it’s just going to be a kick in the nuts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
7,500 (OBO)
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.