IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinchild.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1119 3 years ago

Paid in Full on LE

No clue when it's coming.

1 week later
#1755 3 years ago
Quoted from graffixpinball:

I sent a deposit two weeks ago for an LE, has anybody heard when they might be shipping? Melissa at coin taker didnā€™t know yet. I am stoked. I wanted the CE but they were all gone instantly.. bummer

I'm in the same boat almost.
The distributor I purchased from has also heard Zip from JJP.
Well at least not as of yesterday.

4 weeks later
#3036 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

FlipNOut. Zach has been great. I paid up front shortly after game reveal.
This game is outstanding and a legit adrenaline rush when a song is playing.

How shortly after?

I ordered mine on 12th of October

3 weeks later
#4035 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am moving and downsizing my collection. I sold off my MMr, MB, BM66LE and SWLE. Even though I am trying to downsize the G&R interests me. I have never owned a JJP game and haven't even really played too many. What are the thoughts on G&R adding to my collection? I was ok with letting the MMr and MB go because I still have AFM. Is there a long wait right now if I ordered one? I would be looking at getting them LE.

From what I understand March might be your ship date assuming you go LE

JJP games are absolutely deep and amazing to play.
Lately my D.I. is a favorite but I love them all.

Get one you'll be hooked IMO

#4100 3 years ago

Ordered on 13th of October and still waiting.

Bought a Bandade called Led Zeppelin!

Will be here sooner the GNR.

Lmao

#4101 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Plenty of wow moments in GNR and plenty of live and let die moments as well. But more importantly, the game is addicting as shit!
My personal experience, GNR came down to timing and the perfect storm and so thankful to be in the right spot and the right time. I was in the market for a new pin in September and put a deposit in on sterns next JP2 run. I really wanted a JJP pin but had no interest in GNR. I had two music pins at the time and was getting burnt out on music pins that play the same 10 songs for 30-45 seconds. I was dead set on not getting GNR, until they did what they did (those assholes! Haha). They did everything perfectly with this pin and it just wowā€™d me, this is a music pin!
Needless to say, I sold a pin and picked up both JP2 and GNRLE. GNR flippers felt very lackluster compared to my other sterns and JP2. The sterns are just snappier with more umph. Well, as many of you know, I spent nearly a week tweaking my GNR flippers - from power settings, to realigning, to trying many different types of rubbers. Well, I went to play some JP2 last night for the first time in awhile, the flippers felt like toothpicks - I was shocked. Turned the game off and went back to GNR. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll give my other sterns and my other new JP2 some love again in due time, but GNR is a beast and plays so dam fun.

I'm Addicted to D.I. do you really feel I'll like GNR more?
Waiting on mine and will wait till it appears!

#4113 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sweet. I have plenty of pins to play just want GNR.

I know how you feel.

Thank Goodness for that.
Lol

#4114 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

L.E. 0139 has arrived. I got some paint drip blemishes on the lockbar. Other than that, all seems fine.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh I don't like that lockdown bar.

Send them a message now and keep punching every week till replaced.

#4227 3 years ago

This one time at Band Camp...

2 months later
#7322 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I paid in full for my LE early October. But at that time it was supposed to be 3 weeks, Not 6 months.

Same lol if I knew it would take this long I?

I?

Ummmm I?

Would just pay and wait like I am

2 weeks later
#7843 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Congrats. You are not goin to be dissapointed

7 months
Still waiting

1 month later
#9294 2 years ago

Anyone still waiting since mid October for the GNR to be shipped?

#9515 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So have any November LE orders been fulfilled? Seems like they are still shipping October orders for LE.

I'm October 12th and still no GNR LE

#9667 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I ordered Oct 12, and haven't heard anything yet.

Same day heard nothing yet

1 week later
#10226 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I actually had a buyer lined up. All JJP had to do was change the name on the spot and the shipping address...very easy. But they washed their hands of this. Basically said, you bought the spot, now youā€™re stuck with it no matter what. I will probably just walk away from my $1000. Better that then $10000. Iā€™m worried that if I take delivery and sell it NIB, there may be a problem that needs the warranty that I wasnā€™t aware of. I assume the warranty wonā€™t transfer, so this individual that buys it is screwed...and I wonā€™t do that to anyone else.

It's my experience JJP will honor the warranty.

I have told the directly I'm not original owner and they always took care of me.
Even after warranty was years past they still bent over backwards to take care of any issues I had.
They are definitely trustworthy.
I'm also a big fan of their pinball machines.

This is the way

#10230 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok...thatā€™s Mandalorian....so a Stern.... Seriously, I am hoping you are correct on this machine, but the quite frank discussion I had with Jen about the easy transfer (and that is a hard no go), it gives me pause as to what else is a no go. I hope I am wrong on the warranty, but the non-transferable is solid...from Jen.

Yes can't help but drop the Mando looks fun.

You'll be fine just sell some pins and pay for GNR

I'm just stating they have always been amazing to me.
Have a Wonka LE playfield new in box do to some issues.

I enjoy Stern as well

#10232 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m out on GNR. Hopefully I get my first JJP in the future, but not right now. To those that love their JJP...Iā€™m not throwing any shade, just not for me right now.

Sorry to hear that.
Be well and pin on.

1 week later
#10628 2 years ago

What Flipper and Sling strength do you guys recommend?

#10643 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Haha - read the sticker! Seriously though - it gave me pause as well the first time. The LCD is on a mount and is held in place by strong magnets. Just pull hard at the top corners and the magnet will release. The mount will keep it from falling.

Thanks it's my 5th JJP but I pulled kinda hard then figured I'd reach out to the owners.

Thanks!

#10644 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Where are the code updates for GNR?? Nothing but bug fixes (and some new ones introduced) and minor tweaks for 6 months +. Song mode scoring is cryptic at best, other modes are worthless and risky, code is still buggy, no desert demolition mode yet, coils overheating, etc...

I'm on 1.22? I believe.

They put lots and lots of washers under almost every post on this game.

Born May 2021 no day as I guess they no longer do that

#10651 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Sounds like JJP is adding more washers as time goes by. Are these primarily clear, plastic washers?

No. Black plastic sling

Metal everywhere else

#10652 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Small metal washers on my April build, clear under sling posts.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Now I'll have to go home and look at mine.

They're right your upper one is really bad

#10699 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Just got my game today after waiting 7 months. Mine is a May build. Looks like there are washers already installed. Don't see any playfield damage yet. What areas should I keep an eye on?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I also noticed pooling on your upper playfield post or at least looks like that from the angle?

#10707 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I got a call and my order was Feb 1st before the hike. Because of the Fd up play field issues I had them put me at the end of the line. This current batch from Mirco is jacked.

Not really mine is prefect!
In every way

#10734 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Interesting I thought they used clear washers on LEs

Mines Black as well same birth month

#10735 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Impulse buy. Just bought 2 tickets for my wife and I to GNR for the Los Angeles show! I havenā€™t seen GNR in nearly 30 years (crazy). Iā€™ll be the guy wearing the GNR JJP pinball shirt haha in case anyone else is going
Slash, if youā€™re reading, and need some pinball competition backstage, hit me up [quoted image]

Enjoy those Cali Masks

#10769 2 years ago
Quoted from joeyds:

My buddy and I ordered from Cointaker in October. He ordered his 10/7 and I ordered mine 10/16 and neither of us have heard anything yet regarding shipping. When I hear that he received his invoice I'll report back. To be fair I was told in October not to expect mine until after May so I understood I was in for a long wait.

More than likely Cointaker is a very big distributor and are only allocated 5 at a time like every other distributor. This is why your waiting longer than others.

#10851 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, game #1028 finally came after an 8 month wait. Seems to have been worth the wait but it did arrive with the usual litany of NIB problems. The latch bar would not lock, the right flipper coil fell after 10 plays due to the coil stop screws falling out, the start button had 2 connectors not tied to it, and one connector for the upper left lane was not connected. Got them all fixed and I am really enjoying the game now. It really is a bit multi-ball heavy though. But, the shaker seems too intense and I am afraid it will shake my second floor loose. I will dial it down via the coil settings in the game's menu. My game does have factory installed washers (May 21 build date) but should I also install the Mylar washers that Yelobird sells? Thanks in advance for any guidance/tips.
[quoted image]

My coil stop screws fell off as well.
I was happy because I though good they have been yelled at for over tightening things. I prefer the loose I'll fix it myself approach.

#10884 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am so exhausted by all the damn playfield posts on here.
Nobody talking about the game any more, it's all "look at my posts" or "mine seems ok I guess I'm lucky."
Does anyone buy pins to, you know, play them?

We talking Balls here or what?

Very very very fun machine!

#10927 2 years ago

Best/Fastest way to address center scoop shooting SDTM wife says it's now almost every time?

3 days ago never happened?

#11023 2 years ago

Big Problem with this Game!

Makes me not want to play any of my other pins.

#11024 2 years ago

First cleaning after 100 games ish.

Thought man it's Perfert.

Then noticed color on my cloth.

Rats!
I'm officially a member now.

20210610_070134 (resized).jpg20210610_070134 (resized).jpg
#11025 2 years ago

Image won't load upper playfield post no pooling just art flaking away.

20210610_070134 (resized).jpg20210610_070134 (resized).jpg
#11029 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

fooflighter
Appreciate your posting on the pooling. I canā€™t see your pictures tho.
The PETG washers, what is the diameter of them? My game arrives very soon, and I want to put washers on before playing a game.
My question is this- would a smaller diameter washer work (same size as post) or do you think that would cause pooling?
I was thinking post, metal washer and then PETG washer under that.. what do you think?

I think a piece of mylar around upper post immediately.

No pooling just chipping.

No worries JJP has always had my back.

Either way the pinball machine is Crazy fun I'd buy it anyway.

#11221 2 years ago

Broke down and just ordered Pinsound I really hope I can tell a difference?

#11224 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You mean pinwoofer?

Oh yes Pinwoofer

Don't even know what I ordered sure hope it's worth it?

Already have Subwoofer added which is nice.

#11322 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Very exciting! I haven't got the call yet but I am a mid Oct order through FlipNOut

You're in very good hands vendor.

Don't let the playfield talk scare you it's a intense pinball machine.

It'll become your #1 favorite

#11573 2 years ago
Quoted from May:

Who is the best person to contact at JJp for problems?

I believe Barry? Was the name he's in charge of all the issues.
Just call JJP and ask

1 week later
#11858 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So I just played my Metallica(previously most played game) for the first time since receiving my gnr a couple weeks ago, and I have to say wow, what a let down. Gnr is on such a whole different level. I seriously just smile as soon as a song starts. Great job jjp team!! Amazing

It makes me not want to play any of my other titles.
That part kinda blows

#11871 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

for pinstadiums, i'm not a hater; do what you want. but i always have to ask, why not just play with the lights on? a lot cheaper.

Lights weren't on in the Arcades back in the day.
That's Y

#11978 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Have a 4 week old NIB CE - anyone else having issues with what looks like a wrinkle in protective film on the CD? I tried to peal it off but doesn't look like there is anything to remove...any thoughts?
[quoted image]

Yes mine is like that as well?

1 month later
#13996 2 years ago

New updat? Cool I've not touched the GNR in a month do to Mandalorian. I was playing GNR to much so it treat to hear there is a new code.
Back to GNR .
Fun times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinchild.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.