IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Wiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8166 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'm in line for an LE soon, but am not sure after watching gameplay footage. The lightshow is impressive, and integration looks excellent, but frankly Dialed In seems like a better shooter, with more innovative mechs. Do you guys get tired of the heavy use of mulitball to advance through the songs? Maybe I'm just used to multiball as a reward for advancing rather than using it to advance, but it seems a little chaotic with this strategy. Thanks for any feedback!

I feel the same way to be honest. I really want to like GNR, but it seems more like a great light and video package with killer music and less of a flowing/shooter game. The times I've played it, I felt like I did with Hobbit or LOTR- that I was in for a long haul game trying to achieve everything that needed to be done. On top of that, the constant multi-balls were more gratuitous to keep the game going than creative and earned by me.

And that's not to say that GNR isn't a good game... I just feel like I'm more of a Led Zepplin or JP PREM kind of player at this point. GNR has it's place and I do believe will appeal to a good portion of pinball players.

I just don't think I have room for this one also in my collection.. I guess that makes my choice easy.

The good news for me is that I can play it on location though.

#8187 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This game is a little different, the more you play it, the better it becomes. Once you understand the shots, then the rules, then some strategy, the game puts itself on another level.
Games that let you shoot for the blinky shot and flip balls around are fun as well, but there are a 100 of those. There is no other game like GNR, no other game has the integration, strategy, and gameplay.

You can say the exact same thing about both Hobbit and Dialed in also.. and I wouldn't say those are "at another level". Understanding code but (still) not enjoying how the game shoots doesn't make it better for me personally.

But again, not trying to trash GNR.. I like it for playing on location, just not a "gotta buy it" for me.

#8510 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A bunch of the tiny city inserts on the playfield raising is all I've seen pictures of. No pooling I can think of.

You guys are too funny. Ignoring it will not make it go away.. but hopefully they changed what they were doing to prevent the pooling/chipping on what's coming in now. BTW, pooling and chipping usually happens after about 30 days and a bunch of games, something within that formula.

Just play your machine and don't worry about it, it's not a Ferrari...

22bedbed7cfda18ffd64b803ee38da0347f5f609 (resized).jpg22bedbed7cfda18ffd64b803ee38da0347f5f609 (resized).jpg4fa77cda8db4f92009f42a6f9c67d2b2a1622aea (resized).jpg4fa77cda8db4f92009f42a6f9c67d2b2a1622aea (resized).jpg
#8515 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are these images your machine? Or just a hodgepodge of images that have appeared in the thread since October?

It's images of GNR playfields with pooling after someone tried to pretend it's never happened on GNR playfields. LMAO. I know someone with a chipped GNR playfield, want me to go over and get some time-stamped taken-today new photo's to make you feel better?

And like I said, he's playing the crap out of it and enjoying it. If you're buying a early run GNR it would be the first thing I'd look for and I wouldn't pay full price for one with it!

#8518 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The reason he asked is your pics are old, from an early production game when this was a known issue. No one is ignoring it, especially JJP, hence all the measures they took to correct it.

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 1.16.12 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-23 at 1.16.12 AM (resized).png
#8538 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think that's all people here are trying to say, pooling / chipping affected early run games but has since been resolved. We haven't seen any widespread reports of pooling / chipping on newer build games. Still BS it happened and JJP should at least send affected buyers a new playfield.

My post of the guy that mentioned pooling NEVER said anything about "recent" playfields!! Jesus. You do realize that there are old Standard edition machines that are NOS, right? People are just opening them!!

get over it!! It is what it is!

Again, it personally doesn't bother me!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#9227 2 years ago

Production is most definitely ramped up right now on GNR's.. it's just that all of them are going overseas so that's why there's a small lag in unboxings.

Be prepared for a wave of GNR LE's to hit the market... no way I'd buy a used one right now unless the price was right (not including CE's). Lots of people worried about playfield problems too, guys with old games waiting to dump theirs for a incoming NIB...

JJP was waiting on parts and things were slowed down with COVID.. but make no mistake, things are ramped up!

#9230 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Hoping you are correct, but where are you getting this information?

Take a look at where I live

#9232 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is certainly disappointing for us here stateside (as it means it’ll be mid-June before we see another unboxing), but great news for those overseas. I may receive my Mando before my GnR.

Stern does the same thing, all the new games go into shipping containers first then the US gets it's supply.

There are plenty coming, believe me!!

#9233 2 years ago

This was just posted a few minutes ago by JJP. It's no secret production is in full force and things are looking good for the next few months!

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.22.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.22.39 AM (resized).png

1 week later
#9722 2 years ago

So is production steady on the GNR's right now or what? We are not seeing or hearing of any USA Unboxings, with the exception of one here and there.... not what we were supposed to be seeing this month!

1 month later
#12252 2 years ago

So JJP will be using a new Playfield supplier? Makes sense! Man if I had just received my machine I'd be selling that sucker! If I had it since last year or a while, I guess I would have gotten my $$ worth out of it in plays and wouldn't care that the newer games will be worth more (kind of like how the old WOZ's with the old boards are worth less).

And if you look in the market, it appears that there are over a dozen GNR LE's for sale!! At least the current owners have had the fun with their machines, right? And it looks like many are even trying to make a grand after playing the crap out of it and offering it up with a damaged playfield? You'd have to be desperate to buy one at a premium price if you ask me.

I can't think of any other game where there has been so much hype and confirmation that it's a great game, only to be followed up by so much disappointment at the production level...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Wiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Pinball-Wiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.