IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 3 years ago

Just put down a deposit on a CE. Game looks fantastic!

#449 3 years ago

I’m in with CE #187. Looking forward to playing this game. It simply looks amazing! Congrats to all of those who have already gotten their LE!

#452 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Excuse my ignorance, first time ordering from a manufacturer. I ordered an LE. How do I know when it will ship? When I check order status I just get pending fulfillment.

Your distributor will reach out to you when it's ready to roll. Usually, you pay up the balance at that time too. Some ask for the balance sooner though.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hate to say but this pin is a minor let down.
Too many Multiballs and free play (ball save) add a ball overload, out lane ball resurrect.
Not story driven rules.
Fax Axl and old Slash plus 4 people I never heard of.
Hate the music notes when you roll over a part of the PF breaks into the song (can we disable that please!)
But all that said I’m probably buying an LE because it’s a box of lights and music and bling and to me that’s probably what I love about pinball.
Yes I love tough shots and rules etc. but the wrapping paper is just as important to me and what’s inside and GnR has a great wrapping paper.

Hate to say this, but man....you've just gotta stop. I swear, every GNR thread I open, there you are again. Saying the same shit over and over.

I'm aware you didn't order a game. So, I see some new posts in the GNR OWNER'S thread so I open it up. I'm excited to see what's going on. And then BOOM! There you are....again. It's like herpes....but slightly more annoying. It just won't go away....

And why post this negative stuff about the game in here? The amount of negativity from you and a handful of others is truly amazing. This is an OWNERS thread. Guys here are excited. I have a CE on order that I'm stoked to get. Why on earth do you need to post crap in here. It's such a buzz kill.

This game looks crazy awesome. At the end of the day though, it's just a damn pinball machine man. JJP made this game how they want. Maybe it's multi-ball heavy. Maybe it's with the video of the current line-up and what this band looks like today. That's how they wanted to make it. If you don't like heavy multiball or the current line-up, then don't buy the damn game. Honestly though, nobody really cares what you do. Nobody.

You and the other few that think so highly of your own opinions should open your own thread. Call it something like "Shit we don't like about JJP GNR and other opinions nobody actually wants to hear". Then I can just drain that thread and get excited over this game.

This game is going to fucking rock. I'm so psyched to see JJP and Eric do something like this. And to have Slash and the others with Guns put so much effort into this is truly amazing. Good on them. Bravo to all involved.

One last thing. We ALL know you think the LE art is better. We get it. Just.....just stop.

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So does anybody know, or can a distributor chime in on this? I was told by a distributor that I bought 2 jjp games from before that jjp made distributors sign a new contract not allowing them to offer any type of discount or free shipping. I called around and found a deal elsewhere, so I’m just curious if this guy is just making this up or if it’s true what he’s telling me.

From what I've been told, they can't discount the game. Shipping is something they can play around with though. Keep in mind, this money then comes out of the distributor's pocket. Those guys have to eat too. I find it best to just pony up and pay. You're already spending close to $10k....

#658 3 years ago

Anyone know if there are plans to do more than just updates via WiFi? I would absolutely LOVE to play against other’s high scores. They could have daily, weekly, monthly, and all time high scores and awards.

I know people could cheat these, and people set their machines up differently. It would still be loads of fun though!

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

After realizing that the extra lights in the CE were all under cabinet or behind the cabinet lights the one extra that bothered me not getting in the LE was the extra sound bar. It is a simple add on to the LE with a 3.5mm headphone splitter cable and adding a soundbar with a 3.5mm input. Many soundbar a have way more features and digital assistants that aren’t needed. I picked “Bose TV speaker” for $250 because Bose is good at delivering clear clean audio which although the stock system sounds great , at louder volumes the callouts get distorted. The Bose sound bar had an bass out for their subwoofer. After buying both pieces and hooking them up I believe all the low frequency is routed out of the sound that I patched into which makes sense since it feeds the small cab speakers. I returned the Bose sub and went with a Polk PSW 108 and tapped right off the sub in the cabinet. All the this is above and beyond what anyone needs but I thought I’d share for those that want to turn up the volume a bit louder.
Yes it’s a great game, Rick and Morty is a great game, Turtles is a great game, Avengers is a also great game. 2020 has sucked but Pinball has been a bright light in this shitty year. Can we not tear down other titles, this one stands on its own. G n R is unique and fun but it isn’t going to devalue other games. Variety is key and this game is the most approachable game I’ve ever seen. A novice will enjoy it immensely and great players will most likely be able to play an entire album or more but JJP has finely made a game that’s FUN.
I have a set of black mirror blades coming next.
Can’t wait to see the modders produce with toppers, action button and shooter rod creations.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love your attitude. 2020 is a great year for pinball! Thanks for sharing your audio upgrades.

2 weeks later
#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think many would....

Yeah I think I’d take a little less than that too...

2 weeks later
#2845 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Score are automatically sent/updated in real-time over wifi to our platform.
Your final score, however, while *available* online after a game, doesn't automatically save to the leaderboard until you claim it.
The reason for this is because there may be multiple players, and we must know which player is which. Therefore, you need to tell us (or, in some cases, tell the game) who you are. (Just like how after a game you would enter initials, now we expect some interaction here as well.)
You can do this during a game (in the app by pressing the player # slot on the session), or after a game (same thing).
We will be releasing a feature shortly which will speed this up significantly , and adding "auto-save" capability for people who save every score.

I must be getting old. I really don’t understand this. Why wouldn’t my machine just have a name I give it and then automatically post my scores? If I play a match of call of duty, I don’t pull out an app at the end of a match and then enter my score in that app. It just automatically posts with my name.

Am I missing something here?

#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

You're not missing something at all. When you play Call of Duty, you are holding a controller, and you have told you Xbox, Playstation or PC that you're you before you start playing by "logging in" with you name to Xbox Live or something similar.
In pinball it's no different, you have to tell us you're you. I think what you would like is to be able to say, "Hey, I'm playing this game for a while. Every score is mine," and have it just automatically submit scores, with your name, while you play.
Honestly, that sounds like a neat feature, I'll talk to the team about it... The only problem is if you left it on, and someone else came to the machine and started racking up scores that weren't you. Maybe it could be "home mode," where all scores are yours?

Yeah that is what I’m talking about. Why can’t it be set up to log in with your username and password. Then all the scores link to your account in the app.

I was hoping JJP would add leaderboards with WiFi. But I wanted it added in the game like that. Not adding a separate app to make more steps.

It could be done both ways. For public play, set the game up for public play where you have to claim your scores. When it’s your home game, link it to you automatically. You could enter your initials at the start of a game to auto link it and add scores.

2 weeks later
#3533 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For the record you will never see pooling out of box. Play 50 games and report back. Will be good or not then.

Incorrect. I’ve seen pooling on games directly out of the box before the game even got plugged in.

#3540 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you show me a picture of this unboxing?

LOL! If you don't want to believe be, that's fine. It really doesn't matter.

Here you are telling people they will NEVER see it. I'm simply stating you're wrong. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

I didn't think to take a picture. I never thought someone on Pinside would ask for me to prove it with photo evidence.

You sure are something...

I'm honestly made at myself for taking the time to even type this.

1 week later
#3927 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Lior strikes again! Cannot express how blown away I am by his latest creations. The attention to detail is mind boggling.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those mods look amazing. Glad to see someone out there actually taking the time and sculpting items. I’m so sick of seeing all of the cheap ass looking 3D printed mods. It’s like every swinging dick with a 3D printer all of a sudden opened a mod business.

#4131 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m out of patience. I’m going to buy a Wonka LE until it comes in.

That's what I did. Pretty happy about that decision.

1 month later
#5162 3 years ago

scorbit

I just downloaded the app. I don't have my GNR yet. How do you just look up a game and check out high scores? Or view live matches? Maybe it will make more sense when I get my game. I just don't understand this platform.

#5169 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

If you hit the main S on the bottom tab, you can then search for games in the search bar. You can type a zip code, for example. Once you find the venue, you list the games in the venue. If you navigate to a game, you can see live games if they are happening, or post a score to it manually if there is no Scorbit connection yet.
We share data with Pinball Map, and if you already own a venue and a machine, let me know and we can make sure it gets added to your account so you can access the edit screens.
If the game hasn't been added yet, or the venue does exist (say, your house), you can create it by going to the account menu and choosing "My Venues," and the rest hopefully make sense.
You can add a game before it's connected, and post manual scores to it.

So you’re really just looking at scores on specific machines? Seems so odd. I feel like so much more could be done here.

When I first heard JJP’s new games were going to have WiFi a few months ago, I thought to myself, finally! It’s 2020 for crying out loud! I assumed they would have it just like a video game. You join a lobby, ready to challenge another player. It does matchmaking and someone goes first. You switch off balls and a winner is declared. Or you can both play at the same time. You see your opponents score and modes they are in. You get ranked and unlock player cards like call of duty or similar. They are special challenges and you rank up hour username. Just soooooo many amazing possibilities.

But we just have this app that keeps scores on specific machines. No offense, but I just don’t get it. It’s like coming out with a flip phone after the iPhone and Samsung galaxy have been out for 15 years. It seems so strange and technologically so far behind everything else.

Maybe this is just meant for location games? Then maybe it makes some sense at least. You snap a QR code to register your score. But then again, still doesn’t make sense. Even big buck hunter you can login with a username a password and log your scores. You don’t need to scan some old school QR code and upload it to some third party app.

Again, maybe and hopefully I’m missing something here and there is way more to this whole thing. I hope so. Because the way I understand it now..... it’s just super underwhelming.

#5224 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This needs to be integrated into the scorbit app, but it’s pretty easy to setup. You make a “scoreboard” with all the games that want to play with together in real time. Share the link to said scoreboard. You display the scoreboard on your phone, tablet or cast / airplay to TV. You all press start at the same time. Done. Up to 8 machines can be on a scoreboard.

It would be so much cooler if you could just do all of that within the game. Challenge each other via username and press start. Not having to go through some third party app. Maybe some day.

#5340 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look at the tiny dot inserts over the world map. You can easily see many are raised.[quoted image]

Yeah that looks pretty bad. I’d put a ticket in.

1 week later
#5570 3 years ago

You think $10,500 is crazy? Just wait 1-2 years until the inflation from all the Covid money printing catches up. If you've got cash on hand, you'd better start buying shit you want now. Prices are going to get nuts in the next couple years.

1 month later
#7451 3 years ago

This game is nuts! Just had my best game yet and a huge song jackpot. Had to take my shirt off for the picture. I felt it was fitting.

3554E0E6-BE9A-43CA-A521-DDCFC72D2A8B (resized).jpeg3554E0E6-BE9A-43CA-A521-DDCFC72D2A8B (resized).jpeg9FE95A62-E3F3-4824-9992-D9A6DA3E5E94 (resized).jpeg9FE95A62-E3F3-4824-9992-D9A6DA3E5E94 (resized).jpeg
#7466 3 years ago

What’s the fix for this? This diverter just does what it wants. Maybe not tight enough and it flops around. Locked four balls on the left side. Game went into ball search.

A244BA75-F0A8-4C1B-B57E-C28E9F37623A (resized).jpegA244BA75-F0A8-4C1B-B57E-C28E9F37623A (resized).jpeg
#7467 3 years ago

I can’t seem to connect to my game via scorbit. I’ve got now problems with my Wonka. What am I missing here? Just keeps saying loading session.

FE657694-FEDC-469D-BFBD-899CAC12A4C5 (resized).pngFE657694-FEDC-469D-BFBD-899CAC12A4C5 (resized).png
#7478 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I had the same issue, and what you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want to do is tighten more the diverter: you will ruin the screw and won't have any effect.
You need to unscrew and CAREFULLY remove the diverter, and be sure to NOT lose the wave disc spring (tiny almost flat washer) that fits between the post and the diverter. Then, once removed, you need to CAREFULLY bend the spring washer to make it curved. Then re-install the diverter, with the spring washer bent it should bring some resistance to the diverter and it won't move as free as it used to.
[quoted image]

Gracias. I’ll give that a shot.

#7561 3 years ago

jsa Would I be correct to assume that if I'm playing my Guns CE, that I'm only going to see other CE owners' high scores? Or are the LE owners in those high scores as well? It would make sense to combine those leaderboards, as the gameplay is the exact same.

#7566 3 years ago

Hey all. I've got a few questions about gameplay and rules that I'm hoping some of you can shed some light on.

-Band frenzy: What's the deal here? Collect all band members within a song and it gets you more points???

-How much lower of a value is the song worth when you choose to select your own song? Is it low enough to just play whatever song is ready?

-Is there a song you have found that is easier to play and still worth good points? What's the best song to play for high scores?

-What's the deal with the patch "Melissa's Candy"? It says it spots her tour item? What is that and what good is it?

-What's the deal with the T-Shirt patch? It says it gives you an additional bonus item for the rest of the game. What is a bonus item and what is it good for?

#7570 3 years ago

How about these two patches? Does this mean you have Frank and Duff qualified for the rest of the game? Does it also mean that it increases song scoring period, or that it increases the score for their specific shots during a song?

Vater Frank Spot and Increase Scoring in Songs Rest of the Game
Duff Skull Duff Spot and Increase Scoring in Song Rest of the Game

#7572 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. You can enable it in settings. Hold center button to turn it on and off. Can be music only, music + video, or music + video + light show. Ordered by album or random.

How do you switch between ordered and random? (In reference to the jukebox mode)

#7578 3 years ago

jsa ”tapping machine title leaderboard icons now takes you to a larger leaderboard view”

How do I do this? Can’t seem to find it in the app. I updated it.

#7587 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

At first, there isn’t that much of a difference. At a glance or for a few games, they seem about the same.
But once you start learning the rules and strategy, a big chunk of that is missing because you don’t have the mini.

I can't imagine playing this game without the upper playfield. It's fun to shoot and adds more strategy to the game. Getting the balls up there and then needing to get them into the lock or needing to hit the lights target or needing to hit the Duff shot. I'm guessing the standard just spots those shots for you when you hit the left ramp?

#7590 3 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

I do really like the upper pf in my GnR, but personally I think the mini pf award goes to JJP Pirates.

I never was a real fan of that upper PF. The constant rocking just annoyed me and made your shots just lucky sometimes. It is a really cool idea and excellent theme integration though.

#7710 3 years ago

Take the glass off. Lift the playfield. See what's going on first. See what is binding.

#7731 3 years ago

That's pretty cool. It's nice to see the whole team that makes the magic happen. Not just the amazing programmers and designers, but the team on the line that bolts it all together. It's truly an amazing game. JJP has come a long way from where they started. Their games are incredible and have changed the pinball industry forever. I'm definitely a fan.

#7737 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This fucking game. Mr Brownstone last night, she said 'shoot the ramps'.
I hit left/right ramp combo 5 times. I never get 5 ramps in a row, never. Just not good enough at pinball to that.
Booed off stage.
Turned the game off in disgust.

If I understand the rules correctly (which I may not), those shots aren't what fills that meter. I thought the meter gets filled by the respective bandmember shot that is designated hear the bottom of that meter. (see blue arrow in picture below, Axl/Microphone in this picture)

Or am I way off here?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7739 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

AFAIK....
Album progress is time
Rock-it-meter is lit song shots
Band Frenzy is shooting the indicated band member shot until all the gun holes are filled.

That would make more sense I suppose.

#7746 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

As usual, nfi how i did it.
Don't even know what the girl means when she say's 'hit the targets'. Does she mean the little standups next to the ramp?
Never have time to look up.

I feel like this callout gets thrown in there and doesn't make sense sometimes. She will say "Hit the targets!", but the ramps are lit....

#7747 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

As usual, nfi how i did it.

Don't even know what the girl mean

You played a song from Chinese Democracy for more than 3 minutes. Then you hit the scoop to start the mode.

All of the album "wizard modes" are qualified from playing a song off their respective album for 3 minutes or more.

#7749 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thank you. Don't know how i lasted 3 mins on that shitty song.

I have a hard time lasting three minutes too. Oh wait, are we taking about pinball still?

#7763 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Where is the decal? I searched their site, can’t find it.

Put in a support ticket. $5.99 + shipping.

#7801 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Let's concentrate on finishing and polishing the code.

+1 to this.

1 week later
#7955 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

3. Press and hold to defer (toggle) album mode

Whoa whoa whoa....What!?!?!

#7966 3 years ago

zaphX

So how do you use the action button to NOT play an album mode. I honestly wish those modes didn't exist at all. They are lacking so much in comparison to song modes.

Can you still get to the final wizard mode if you don't play those modes and skip them?

#8219 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m still on 1.19. Any reason to go to 1.21? I thought it was just enabling the option to join the beta team?
Also, what is super lock?
EDIT: never mind. Pretty sure that’s the power chord feature. Could be interesting to disable that timer
[quoted image]

There is some polish. I would upgrade.

Super lock would be the guitar lock during a song I think. How long the power chord stays active.

#8223 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The game is fantastic with so much risk reward make no mistake, but I beg to differ.
I think the game, for all the patch variations etc, is extremely linear when its getting a big score:
Max out all your minor multiballs
Lock balls
Start a song... hopefully get to encore...
Rinse, repeat.
Varying your patches can add to that score in many different ways but the outcome is negligible which path you take with them. the basic premise of said strategy for big scores never changes.
Not knocking the game at all, but it ain't deep... far from it.

I have to agree on this 100%. This game is far from deep. Its an incredible game, and a different taste from JJP’s usual deep games. I’m glad it’s not deep.

#8243 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

"GNR is not deep" is the second dumbest thing I've read about this game today.
The first being the desire to shut off multiballs and ruin the game.

Really? There really isn’t a lot to it. Pick out your patches. Play the boosters. Lock balls. Start a song. Power chord. Band frenzy. Play album modes. Tour multi all. Slash solo. Rinse and repeat.

I may say this game is wide, but deep. No, definitely not deep.

#8301 3 years ago

I’d also like to see the remaining song time coded in. Would be nice to know how much more time you have left in a song. Would help with strategy.

#8335 3 years ago

All of his ads are like that. It shows the games way darker than they actually are. Total bullshit. I'd have a lot more respect for the guy if he would at least post some honest pictures for comparison.

I've had Pinstadiums before. They are pretty cool, but not for the cost. It's ridiculous. If they were priced more reasonably, I'd be into it. But $300+ for a set of LED strips? Hard pass here.

#8337 3 years ago

Yeah I don't think it would work like that on the SE.

#8394 3 years ago

The wifi updates are great when they work. I'll agree to that. Super slick.

I do think JJP needs to start including a USB thumb drive for updating, with all of their machines though. Wifi clearly doesn't always work.

I wonder how many times I open a JJP thread only to find that all of the new comments are about not being able to update the game and trying many different USB thumb drives. Something is wonky with these games and they are picky with their choice of USB sticks. Would be nice for JJP to just include one that works, since they know it's going to be needed.

I bet if you could filter out the posts about trying to update the machine, we would have 10 less pages in this thread.

#8397 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Wait, you can't choose to use USB at all? That sucks.

You can update via USB stick. It's just that JJP machines are really picky on what brand of stick you use. I found one that worked for me long ago and have used it since.

#8432 3 years ago

Well that’s good news. After a few games, it impossible for me to back hand the left ramp. Drives me nuts.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8460 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Next time you play, backhand the left ramp. After 30 mins try it again.

I was able to fix this issue on mine by bumping up the power on the left flipper by 2. After long play, I can still backhand the left ramp.

#8461 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It usually isn’t a problem for most. But can become frustrating if there’s a shot that is really sensitive to ball speed. You may only notice that at the start of a session, right ramp backhands Zip up there and later ones only trickle up there. I’m talking ones that go all the way up to the upper flipper. I’m sure on the SE it never matters.
Another common way to tell are combos with a shot right up the middle. You may be able to do these no problem to start, then it gets way harder later (but still possible). AIQ is notorious for this. Deadpool and combining the left ramp to wolverine spinner is another.

You’re able to backhand the right ramp on your machine?

#8462 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I have a early wake up call so I’ll tackle this seemingly easy fix tomorrow but out of curiosity has this happened to anyone ? The plastic bent upwards and is a hair from touching/scratching the stage screen .We only have 40-50 plays on it so I’m not sure when it even happened My only worry is it happening again and scratching the screen .As always any help is greatly appreciated .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve got the same issue on mine. Didn’t see a way to secure it. Let me know what you find out.

#8467 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

When hitting the right orbit on my game the ball will exit the left orbit and hit the top left sling sending the ball out of control. Before I make any adjustments I wanted to see how other people’s game behaved. Is this how everyone else’s game is?

Mine does this as well. I was going to look into adjusting the left orbit guide. Not sure if there is room for it to move at all.

#8468 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t own it. Just play on location a lot. I remember this being possible, but honestly don’t really try it. I feel like I always need the left ramp and never need the right one haha.
Bumping flipper power is a good call. On stranger things I couldn’t make it any higher, so I had to go a different route to keep the performance.

Yeah I swear I use the left ramp 10 times more than the right. I always post pass and backhand the left ramp. I rarely try to shoot it from the right flipper. It’s just riskier if you hit those stand ups. It’s almost a guarantee with the left flipper back hand.

#8495 3 years ago

Can someone break down the jukebox mode for me? Isn’t there a way to get video? All I can figure out is ordered songs. What am I missing here?

#8526 3 years ago

Does anyone else's spotlights look like this? My right side one aims much higher at rest. It shines in the player's eye. Left side aims down and out of my face. Both work fine and move like they should in test mode. I didn't see a way to calibrate their rest position. Are these adjustable?

spotlights (resized).PNGspotlights (resized).PNG
#8539 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I would check the wires going to the lights to ensure they have enough slack. Mine were somewhat tight and this leads me to believe this is what caused the linkage to my lights to break.
You might want to reroute the wiring so that stress is not put on the linkage.

Wires have slack. That all looks good.

#8720 2 years ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

2nd issue, I've been having issues with shots going towards the left outer orbit popping up then over into the coma outlane then draining. It looks like there is already a round clear disk mounted there to prevent this but the disk isn't large enough

I made a fix for this over the weekend. Took about 10 minutes. Works awesome.

Sorry the images are sideways. It won't let me rotate them.

e5e525066d01c25526d6c138ab15ae7ea0a0e629 (resized).jpge5e525066d01c25526d6c138ab15ae7ea0a0e629 (resized).jpg

04a14043351cf5cb636ac61124112927f0d589ba (resized).jpg04a14043351cf5cb636ac61124112927f0d589ba (resized).jpgb17ad717b5ddba56d27bd99d3b07f45795a5276d (resized).jpgb17ad717b5ddba56d27bd99d3b07f45795a5276d (resized).jpgfc2750751cc4557ab51aedd6703c1f93b82f32e0 (resized).jpgfc2750751cc4557ab51aedd6703c1f93b82f32e0 (resized).jpg

#8764 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Whats the best way to get up the left ramp all the way? I dont feel like the backhand will get it up there often, and coming from the right flipper its very dangerous. I just had my first real good game 5.8m and 3 of my drains were trying to go up that left ramp.... I am plus 1 on each of my bottom flippers.
thanks!

I backhand that ramp all day. I’ll even post pass from the right flipper to get it over to the left.

Bump up your flipper strength by 2.

#8769 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just the left? Or are you plus 2 on both?

I think I’m plus 2 on all 3 lower flippers. I can double check tomorrow.

#8803 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Near as I can tell the servos are just a wear item and the occasional bad part happens.
It does not seem to be specific to our use case; I saw a YouTube video of a guy whose model airplane crashed because a servo seized up.
I replaced the left vertical one myself, the servos are available at hobby shops and are cheap.
You do need to be careful to attach the arm with the servo and spotlight both in the center position.
I used this successfully:
https://www.hobbytown.com/emax-es3054-20g-metal-gear-digital-servo-emx-0102004012/p1127012
The OEM part was:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-hk15148b-digital-servo-2-8kg-0-14sec-19g.html

Nice to know these are parts that are available outside of JJP. Have you tried sourcing those arms that are breaking?

#8859 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I've considered for quite a while putting in a no-hold penalty for shooting it 3x in a row, a la Crystal Ball lane on WOZ...

Can someone elaborate on this and explain it to me?

#8862 2 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Is there a good mug shot on the best places to adjust this? Half the time I take something apart and find out I should have started with a single screw and minor adjustment. I haven't pulled the plastics off to see yet but figured I'd ask you folks.

Yeah I’d love to see a picture and details on how people are adjusting this. I don’t see any way to adjust other than bending the actual left orbit guide.

#8943 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Start another multi-ball then get two balls on your lower right flipper then flip the left ball under the upper right flipper. It's definitely a very repeatable shot if you set it up with two balls on your right flipper.

Oh snap. I’ll have to try that! That’s a really tough shot from the left flipper.

#8948 2 years ago

For those of you adding those LED TV strips from Walmart or Amazon for backglass lighting. Are they USB? If so, where are you plugging them in? I don’t see any open spots in my back box.

#8969 2 years ago

The guy was asking why they’re installing LEDs on TVs, not the pinball machine. People install LEDs behind the TV and it lights up the wall behind it. It’s supposed to help you see and focus on the TV better. Hell if I know. My sister did it to hers and likes it. I think it looks cool. The LEDs are turned down very dim.

3 weeks later
#10131 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

. And that damn skull animation won't get out of the way to let me see, which is part of the suspense

I do wish they'd kill that skull animation or at least have it pop up above the score. It's annoying and blacks the score, especially when in band frenzy....

pinball_keefer

#10207 2 years ago

Am I the only one who is sick of hearing about hot coils and f$&ked up playfields? Every time I pop in this thread, it just makes me want to drink more...

Pinball used to be fun...

#10492 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Also mylar circles and smaller washers (as per HEP suggestion) are two options you're missing. I keep ordering these parts as people suggest them and now I have them all coming to me. When they all arrive I won't know which ones to use now.
It would be nice to have a spare playfield to do some testing on with all of these options. With us all only having the one playfield in our game we want to get it right the first time. It would be nice if someone with a spare playfield and an interest in fixing this problem could do some testing for us. Someone like maybe JJP?? But then if JJP did this, it would be an admission of faulty playfields and opening a whole can of worms for them that they don't want to touch.

That’s my biggest gripe with JJP at this point. They know there is a problem and they giving everyone ZERO direction as to what the best way is to handle this. The very least they could do is tell everyone how to handle this and mitigate further playfield degradation. It’s just complete silence from them. It’s almost surreal how poorly they are handling this issue.

#10620 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody planning to see GNR this year? I’ve heard the concert experience is like playing a pinball machine. . I may have to see them live.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I'm going to see them. I had tickets for their show here in a couple weeks at Target Field, but it just got cancelled. They rescheduled the show at the Xcel center though. I ended up getting better seats and saving $120 though. PLUS, the sound will be MUCH better at the Xcel. Win win win!

#10622 2 years ago

Questions on these cliffy carbon fiber washers. Going to loop Cliffy in here too.

1- How sticky is the sticky side?

2 - If art is already tearing, and you slap this baby down and stick it ot the playfield, would you ever be able to remove it without pulling all that art with the carbon fiber washer?

3 - Would it be better if they didn't stick to the playfield? Is there a piece of plastic over the adhesive backing that you could just choose to not remove?

4 - Cliffy Would you make them without a sticky side?

5 - Cliffy Would you make them with a smaller inside diameter, so a washer wouldn't be needed and it would center better?

If these are dumb questions, I apologize. I've never held one in my hand. I've only seen pictures.

2 weeks later
#11296 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

This is what is did better then nothing,nylon sleeve reduced to a snug fit
[quoted image]

Where did you find this nylon sleeve?

#11297 2 years ago

Would this be the correct longer post you guys are ordering? How many would a guy need?

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base-15430.html
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

1 week later
#11577 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just got it today actually...Sorry no photos but I broke my phone camera lens yesterday
It was 3 posts, including nuts and black washers...I'm assuming they are for the 2 posts near the AXL lanes and the one by the AMP GNR Lanes...I think they may be longer. There were also black washers with notches in them for the metal fence proximity to the inlane post.
The other part of the kit was repacement posts and clear washers for the slings. Mine already came installed with and have never been an issue in that area.
So it seems like an interim type kit as the new ones going out already have all the fixes. I may take the posts out and replace them but I've got everything else already covered.

I got my kit too. Not 100% sure where the three longer posts are meant to go. Was surprised to see no paperwork in the box telling you where to put them. Like you said, I'm guessing the AXL lanes (2) and then the third could either go on the upper playfield or by the left inlane. I've never seem a "fix" sent out without instructions. Very odd.

#11603 2 years ago

Didn't someone recently post pictures of their new LE with black plastic washers installed under posts? I can't seem to find that pic. I'm wondering if JJP just used the plastic washers or the original metal washer with the black plastic washer underneath? Double washer or single?

#11610 2 years ago

The game is pretty much a constant multiball. That’s just the way it is.

#11623 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I feel 6 balls is a little much on this layout. I decreased my max song ball saver and increased the powerchord timer to help with it. I’ll dig in this weekend to see if there’s more settings to help the clutter, but overall Once you learn how to camp balls in the powerchord lock, it’s not so bad.

That's the key to the songs. You've really gotta hone in on the guitar lock and stack balls up there. I'm always going for that powerchord lock.

It's so important to be used the de-clutter, I've ofter wondered how you would manage it on a standard without the upper playfield. Huge game changer there.

2 weeks later
#12283 2 years ago

Damn. $129 for art blades is crazy town. I’d go with mirror blades over those all day.

#12365 2 years ago

I'm think I'm in the same boat here. I tried to update from 1.22 to the beta last night. It failed twice after spending 1-2 hours downloading. I had the coin door open. I'll try with the door closed tonight.

This whole wifi update thing is a real cute idea, but I wish the would release the beta online so we can download and use a USB. I've never once had a problem updating a Stern. These wifi JJP updates on the other hand....they leave a little to the imagination...

#12392 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Fitted the Cliffy protector at the scoop- went pretty well, took me about 2 hrs.
Took a break before re connecting the upper playfield wires.. and can’t remember if I unplugged these two from each other.. yellow wires
Actually they are both female so no idea - an little help!?[quoted image][quoted image]

There are some extras under there. I would just fire it up and make sure everything works, if you can’t find a place for them to plug in to

#12401 2 years ago

Well. I give up. What the fuck. How do I update to the new beta? Never had a problem updating via WiFi before. I’ve tried it four times now. Twice with coin door open. Twice with it closed.

376E98A3-1AE9-42FF-82A2-38756747EAFF (resized).jpeg376E98A3-1AE9-42FF-82A2-38756747EAFF (resized).jpegF5BBD06A-7A5E-4399-BF7E-7BECD48E70E0 (resized).jpegF5BBD06A-7A5E-4399-BF7E-7BECD48E70E0 (resized).jpeg
#12403 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please try a few more times. ( you do have 1.22 in it ? )
LTG : )

Yes I have 1.22 in it.

#12408 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I hope that you got it now NightTrain, I was able in the second time,

No I haven't. I've tried four times now. Now sure why it would take even more than one time. I'm not a guy with a lot of free time on my hands. It takes over an hour for this to download, so I can only really try it once a day. I'd rather be playing the game during that hour.

JJP really needs to iron out this wifi updating issue. I bet there are 10-15 pages in this thread about people having issues updating their games. It's a simple wifi software update for crying out loud. This isn't new innovative stuff. This is old technology. The rest of the world has been doing this for years.

#12412 2 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

Has anyone experienced what seems to be sporadic auto plunge to start the next players ball even with the setting on never? The action button and flipper plunge settings are off as well. Running v 1.22

You need to go into settings and recalibrate those roll over lane sensors. It happens all the time. Another cute idea from JJP that doesn’t work well. Cool idea. Bad design.

#12418 2 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Yep I am also getting that so annoying as you step away for a sip of beer and it plunges...

Yes it's incredibly annoying. I remember showing my dad those the first time he played the game and telling them how cool they were. After a few games, it would auto plunge, so I'd go in an recalibrate them like I normally had to. He just looked at me, shook his head, and said "yeah....real cool..."

Lol!

#12487 2 years ago

Should I just keep trying to download and install this beta? Or am I wasting my time?
I’ve tried 10 times now. I either get a Download error or a failed to verify error. I’ve tried both my 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi. I’ve tried coin door open and coin door closed. Ives tried rubbing my belly while patting my head.

I’ve never had a problem with a WiFi update before. It’s always been fine on this machine and my Wonka too.

Is there another way around this? Can I just download the code somewhere and plug a USB in?

1 week later
#12937 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

1. I found my left ramp diverter was banging against the underside of the ramp. I added one of the thin 3M rubber feet/cabinet door protectors to the arm of the diverter and it has both softened the sound and prevented it from so violently hitting the plastic. An additional benefit is that now the diverter doesn't come all the way up past the ramp gap so any alignment or scraping issues are non existent as well. And because the height it is set properly, it is not close to hitting the playfield nor trapping the ball while it is down. So far it has worked great but if anyone can point any negatives that I'm not thinking about then please let me know.

No need for this. Just adjust the ramp diverter down a hair so it doesn't slam into the ramp. Mine was the same way when I first got my game. You could maybe fit a business car between the diverter top and the ramp now. So it no longer hits the ramp when it's up, but it's also still high enough to not hit the playfield when it drops down.

#13054 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Found a fun little skeleton guy in hospital bed hidden under the apron too

Did you notice your fun clear coat pooling from where the apron washer was?

#13115 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Quoted from weaverj:
what keeps balls on or releases balls off the gibson head? the code is tough to figure out.

During a song: if you lock a ball, there’s a timer in top left corner of display. If it gets to 0 it releases all balls, locking subsequent balls before timer runs out will reset it. Get all balls in play in the guitar for a powerchord jackpot.

Also, during a song, you can reset the timer by getting the ball to the upper playfield and then shooting the ball into the VUK.

1 week later
#13694 2 years ago

Has anyone been able to update to the latest beta code? These WiFi updates are starting to drive me insane. I was finally able to update Wonka via WiFi last night after about a dozen tries. I haven’t had luck with GnR yet.

#13720 2 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

Haha, I kinda said as a joke because I had problems downloading the update and it took me 4 times and when I read the update log it basically said that it fixed update download issues and no code changes. I had to laugh at the irony of the situation!!!

I’m in the same boat. I’ve tried downloading the latest Beta 12-15 times now. Still no luck. Was able to download the last one after a lot of tries. Can’t seem to get this one to go.

1 week later
#14012 2 years ago

Can someone who has updated to 1.23 please tell me if you're able to increase the flipper powers up to 32? I'm on Beta build 10 or 11 and I can. But I heard on 1.22 they were capped at power level 20. I don't want to update if it's going to cap me at power level 20. This game play WAY better with those flippers cranked up. The flippers still feel nowhere near as good as Stern's flippers, but when they are cranked up to 30, at least they don't feel so soggy and mushy.

Thanks in advance!

3 weeks later
#15168 2 years ago

Somebody help!!! We are trapped in the pinball machine!!!

Damn good show! The floor has a little pooling though…

9B71CAF5-D4FF-4B46-A54A-151E514B0986 (resized).jpeg9B71CAF5-D4FF-4B46-A54A-151E514B0986 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#16132 2 years ago

That game start intro is sick! Love it.

Super cool on the CE where the back box and bottom lights join in on the fun too. Wow!

JJP may have the worst customer service and management in the entire pinball industry, but at least their software team knows how to do their job. Nice work.

#16177 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For JJP, It pops up on the screen and make an audio cue. Stern ones are also in the instant info screens.
Another cool thing that Stern does is they show the achievements earned for that ball after it drains. This is a great feature because often you will hear the audio, but not be able to look at the screen to see what you did during play.

The way Stern does it is much better. I keep hearing the achievement noise but can’t look up to see what I got. Pretty annoying.

#16477 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Code requests (hope Keefer and Ted are reading):
• when you get a powerchord jackpot, It would be cool(er?) if the balls just did an unlock dump - spit them all out at the same time. I love it when it does this on a game over sequence after locking 4 or 5 balls.
> At least a setting to dump them after collecting a powerchord jackpot would be very welcomed.
• When song jackpot increases, there’s a cool animation in the bottom left corner of the display. Unfortunately, this animation completely blocks the current song value. Any way that can be moved to not block the song jackpot value?

+1 on the animation covering up the jackpot value. Very annoying.

3 weeks later
#17553 2 years ago

Need a little tech help here.

Whenever I’m in a song multiball, my coma lock up post keeps firing. It doesn’t do this in single ball play. Any ideas? Maybe a bad opto in the coma lock lane?

This is on a CE.

2 months later
#19586 2 years ago

Haven't popped onto this thread or really played my GnR for a couple of months now. I jumped onto JJP's website to see what has changed with code since I last played. Has there really not been a code update since October??? That's pretty ridiculous. There are still so many things that need polish and balancing in this game.

3 weeks later
#20387 2 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of the Lior bullet shooter rod on their CE? I want to see what it looks like with the CE skull.

#20391 2 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Here you go mate. I’m very happy with how it looks.

Thanks bud. I appreciate that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=NightTrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.