IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I’m really curious to see if Stern is going to put in the effort with Zeppelin to compete with GnR.
Time will tell.

It would be a tragedy for LZ (and Stern) if it weren’t at least on par with GnR.

I grew up In the twilight of Zeppelin and ironically, in the prime of GnR. I’m not really a big fan of GnR but after seeing the game, I’m in on an LE. It’s just an amazing game from a design and integration standpoint - like no other game out there, period.

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Just so everyone knows from the factory the initial ball save from the plunge is like 2 seconds.
I don't know what the multiball one is though.

From what I’ve gathered from game-play vids; you build up ball save from awards and rewards.

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So I'm making lemonade out of lemons. Burned on the CE (I will mention of it no more)...but...gave me the inspiration to rearrange my office/man cave and make room for the LE. Just so happens I think it's gonna fit in better in my office as a showpiece versus the gameroom, where I had planned the CE, with the color and brick artwork. Score. Best part is, the office is on the first floor!!! First pin I don't have to disassemble and carry up stairs. This actually turned out for the best in retrospect. (and yep, I'm OCD like that with the tape outline my curse )[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Slide saves NOT allowed.

2 weeks later
#1688 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Im sure this is more general pinball troubleshooting, because It happens across all manufacturers, but has anyone dealt with flipper hop on JJP games? Any tips on how to fix, etc? Sure its easy, just never had the issue fortunately.
Basically any time the ball rolls down to the left flipper it hops badly.

On other games, I’ve loosened the ball guides and used a metal ruler/straight edge to get both flipper and guide aligned to remedy ball hop.

10 months later
#15270 2 years ago

Adding fans to the flipper coils and have 12v fans.

Anyone know where to pull 12v from under the playfield?

#15272 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You don't. You pull it from the power supply in the backbox.

Found it….

Thanks
834766E7-F38D-43E3-8D73-B94C4E59202D (resized).jpeg834766E7-F38D-43E3-8D73-B94C4E59202D (resized).jpeg

#15296 2 years ago

I’ve tried the ‘move the one way gate’ trick and I added a washer under the ramp support but I seem to still be having an issue.

Has anyone bridged the right ramp to drumstick transition in a successful way?

82272423-832D-4EFD-9D08-77BF6F3FEF30 (resized).jpeg82272423-832D-4EFD-9D08-77BF6F3FEF30 (resized).jpeg
#15339 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

What do you all think?

Looks sweet - should be a gold top Les Paul though.

#15352 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ain't conversational impetus grand!
We are motivated by the same force.
Nice chatting with ya!

The goldtop is just iconic Slash to me.

#15425 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Well, 94 games in the books now on my game. I think I've solved a couple issues but not all.
First of all, playfield looks great so far, no hint of pooling or any other problems yet, so that's good.
I found the autolaunch to be weak, and occasionally taking two tries to launch a ball out. I was able to raise this by just one increment in the coil settings and now it seems perfect.
I found that I was getting a lot of weak flips right into the out lanes and that the left ramp was real hard to get to. I raised the flipper power by one increment in the coil settings and now the game plays much better.
As of right now though, my biggest issue is the center scoop! After about 70 or so games, my center scoop was firing balls SDTM. As suggested in the thread, I slightly loosened the 2 screws holding the center scoop in, then twisted it as far to the left as I could (there was a bit of play so I was able to turn it enough. Re-tightened and it was fantastic. However put 24 more games in the book and the scoop is once again firing the balls SDTM. I know one person in here suggested tilting up the scoop with a washer or two underneath but I don't quite have the dexterity to do that without removing the upper playfield (which I think is beyond my novice abilities, at least for now, maybe I'll build up more confidence).
So basically, I was able to correct the problem, only for the problem to be back within 24 games. Why is the scoop working it's way over like that? Would you suggest lowering the power of the scoop so that it doesn't work it's way out of alignment? I don't know, but I can't be removing my glass after every 25 games, there has to be a more long lasting fix.
Has anybody ever contact JJP Support about this issue? What have they said?

Add two washers to each screw on the left side of the scoop as you’re looking at it with the playfield up. Fixed mine this way - center of the left flipper every time now.

#15436 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I’m having a hard time following…
Add the washers on the underside of the playfield?
Can you provide a pic?

I literally just left on a business trip last night so no pics. But, yes - washers on the underside of the PF.

Remove the 4 screws that hold the scoop to the underside of the PF and add two washers to each screw to both screws on the left hand side (between the playfield and the mech) so that the scoop is ever so slightly canted to the left and it will move the eject farther up on the left flipper.

#15437 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Appreciate the reply. So these washers go under the playfield? So in this picture, it's the screw in the upper left and lower left of this view that need additional washers?

Yes.

The washers get placed on the left screws between the playfield and the mech.

#15438 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Are you saying it can be loosened from underneath?

Yes.

I tried shifting mine at first with no real change. The washer trick worked for me.

3 weeks later
#16425 2 years ago

So….

I was in a song with 4 balls in play and locked them all in the guitar lock. No power chord, No missing balls, no stuck balls - nothing until the ball search fired and didn’t find anything - then all the balls unlocked. It’s probably the 4th or 5th time this has happened.

Anybody have this happen?

#16426 2 years ago

I can see why this game is multiball heavy. Lots of cheap drains and doinked balls off the flipper tips.

Yeah, yeah…. play better.

#16432 2 years ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

A number of balls required to trigger power cord will vary depending on circumstances before you start a song.

Yeah, but why would it do a ball search?

#16482 2 years ago

There should be a scorbit achievement for most hits on the cross target. Pretty sure I’d be the World Champion Cross Target Smasher. More specifically…. flipper — cross target — drain.
EB37E40F-9FD8-4A1D-A3E7-A9F3BF538CC9 (resized).jpegEB37E40F-9FD8-4A1D-A3E7-A9F3BF538CC9 (resized).jpeg

#16510 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Lower your flippers a tad and you will be nailing that ramp instead of clunking it off the targets

Does this mean

1) flipper power
2) flipper angle (lower towards drain)
3) flipper bushing height

Thanks.

#16709 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Anybody here tweak the outer orbit guide rails in order to get a clean loop flipper to flipper? Right now my left to right orbit works perfect with a good shot. If I hit a right to left orbit it nicks the left sling instead of hitting the flipper. I had to do this with IJ before wondering if anybody has done this and any tips.

Mine is the same way but only if the ball comes around the orbit with some speed.

It isn’t bad enough for me to get the hammer out…. yet - but I am interested in the solution as well.

#16749 2 years ago

So your left to right orbit (clockwise) clears the right sling, but right to left (counter clockwise) hits the left sling - correct?

Yep. I’ll be digging into this this weekend.

#16802 2 years ago

Ok not completely understanding this? Anybody got a pic. Each screw on the left side of the scoop? There is a scoop with 2 screws. If your facing it from the flippers it’s 1 left screw, one right screw. 2 washers on the left side screw under the scoop (tilting the scoop to the right?) or 2 washers on both left & right screws (lifting the scoop)

Left side has washers between the mech and the wood - right side does not. Cants the entire mechanism. I haven’t had a single sdtm from the scoop since adding this. A little trick I learned from Monster Bash.

E292B2C3-D6EB-48F8-A813-84003A27C1E7 (resized).jpegE292B2C3-D6EB-48F8-A813-84003A27C1E7 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#17107 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Ran into a conundrum now that I’m more acclimated with patches and boosters prior to starting a song, the effects of band frenzy and how Fender patch with thunderchucks helps drive the jackpot higher during band frenzy within a song…. So what about power chords? This is my dilemma.
It seems counter productive to waste a band frenzy opportunity trying to get a big powerchord jackpot. So my strategy has been either get the powerchord asap when song starts, or don’t bother.
Maybe after I get a band frenzy I’ll then go back and try for a powerchord jackpot. But the largest 6 ball one I’ve gotten wasn’t even 10 million points whereas band frenzy has given my jackpots boosts of over 10 million and more on average.

I’m finally figuring out the relationship between all those components as well.

Scored a 116M song jackpot on Nov Rain last night. The patches were a HUGE contributor to band frenzy (twice last night in Nov Rain) and song scoring.
7F20225A-A1FD-4D67-BD99-F455CAC1FA96 (resized).jpeg7F20225A-A1FD-4D67-BD99-F455CAC1FA96 (resized).jpeg

#17235 2 years ago

There should be a patch that extends the applause jackpot time. That ball gets caught up top when song jackpot is lit - you’re fucked.

#17319 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I'm not disagreeing with your point, but there are technically 27 multiballs.
21 different song multiballs (dif rules,) 4 booster multiballs, plus Tour and Coma mb.

If there weren’t so many multiballs, ball times would be seconds. Game is a drain monster with the feed off the launch and wide outlanes.

#17428 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Dobler You're not wrong, there are some subtleties to challenges. To be clear, the goal here is to "taunt" someone into playing a response game. This is because you want to get a bit of a ping/pong back-and-forth experience. That casual nature makes it more fun. However, you're right, it's unbalanced, so making this something like you have x days to overcome the person's score sounds pretty great to me.
The change on our side is insignificant, though I would prefer to finish the visual enhancements and ability to choose which challenge you're playing on first, then work on changing this concept of changes to beat it. This is all whirling in my head, I need some time to let it settle...

Why not implement several challenge types - i.e. V1, give a person x days to beat your score. V2 could be a one shot (one game) deal. V3 could be a a one week ‘dog fight’ challenge where the end of the week, high score wins. V4, ‘King of The Hill’ where you blast a challenge to a group and after x days the winner is the high score holder of the group. The most popular type of challenge will quickly become obvious.

Just an idea.

#17430 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's been mentioned before, but I hope pinball_keefer puts a pop bumper kill command like he did for WoZ in GnR. I had a 27 million jackpot pissed away just now because the ball was involved in the pops from before jackpot timer was called until the song ended. It was ridiculous. A two flipper temporary kill of the pops like he did on WoZ would have been perfect.
But for this one, RIP 27 Million jackpot. The pops did it.

Yep - been fucked a few time by the pops.

And while we’re asking for stuff…. can we get rid of “start song” as a mystery award - this one got me twice in a single game.

#17431 2 years ago

And maybe it’s just me, but I think if you collect the applause jackpot for the song and start encore right after, shouldn’t the bonus for the encore jackpot start at the value of the collected applause jackpot for the song?

I feel a little deflated doing so well then starting encore having to build a jackpot from scratch.

#17434 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

No. That would kill the importance of the shot. The song value carryover is perfect. Your jackpot builds WAYYY FASTER in your encore.

No, I mean only if you collect the applause jackpot. Then the applause jackpot becomes the beginning value of the encore jackpot.

#17440 2 years ago

Went to install my cliffy scoop protector and found this ….

6EEC62D2-B579-47E1-BE15-1AB6AD55222F (resized).jpeg6EEC62D2-B579-47E1-BE15-1AB6AD55222F (resized).jpegECA62650-E40A-4AF1-8D68-C1412C80EE8E (resized).jpegECA62650-E40A-4AF1-8D68-C1412C80EE8E (resized).jpeg
#17449 2 years ago

Makes sense. I’m assuming there’s a key post where to purchase these should they go out?

I just ordered a few from Amazon —> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09686JQG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

Not as cheap as zaphX but they’ll be here Friday.

#17451 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wrong part! That's 17g, should be the 20g version.

Your link is the same exact specs and same exact part number…..

E8A6EFDA-BE0F-40F9-B897-388E970467BC (resized).jpegE8A6EFDA-BE0F-40F9-B897-388E970467BC (resized).jpeg
#17475 2 years ago

RE Emax servos:

As long as the specs and voltages are correct it won’t make a difference if they’re 17 grams or 20 grams. These servos are labeled this way for model airplane builders worried about how heavy the parts are. This pinball machine is never gonna fly.

#17519 2 years ago

Any idea why my auto launch fires every time there’s a ball in the shooter lane?

As soon as a ball gets queued up the auto-launch just fires it into play. Happens some games for every ball and other games are normal?? Definitely intermittent.

#17535 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Engage sw history in menu, palm hit playfield.
If no switch is triggered there is a good chance that the skill shot sensor board is triggering unwanted automatic launch.
You will see it happening before your eyes in sw history. Usually sensor 4.
If so try removing sensor pcb and carefully blow out inserts. Then carefully remove and re -seat all cables on sensor pcb.
[quoted image]

First thing tomorrow - thx!

#17614 2 years ago

To those of you who have changed out the servos…..

My replacements seem to be slipping in the housings which makes the spot point all crazy. I did notice there was a plastic ring (like some sort of heat shrink tubing) around the gear of the original that would not go on the replacement servo gear. Did anyone experience this issue - any easy fixes out there?

#17619 2 years ago

In an effort to get more consistent ball feeds from the shooter lane and fix some cheap drains during multi-ball play, I added a about 1/2” of fuzzy velcro to slow the ball exit and feed the flipper more consistently.

I’m seeing about 1 in 20 launches going sdtm now as opposed to about 1 in 4.

Just putting this out there in case someone else is getting cheap drains off the feed.

8804B540-2079-449B-8CA4-7B5110ED1376 (resized).jpeg8804B540-2079-449B-8CA4-7B5110ED1376 (resized).jpeg
#17624 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I believe an earlier post from zaphX indicated the servo teeth may have rounded out (stripped) the grooves in the plastic cavity that's possibly why its slipping.
I don't know for sure. But I do have 6 Spotlight upgrade kits imported in over the next couple weeks from Germany if anyone wants one when they arrive.. I have 5 of 6 slots available @ $110 per kit shipped. PM me if you are interested in one of these remaining slots.
And there's more... Act now, and I will throw in a free bumper diverter! (thanks to PinWoofer )

My son is printing a set of the spotlight repair items from thingverse - hopefully that fixes it. In the mean time, I’m going with the plumbers tape idea Mattyk suggested.

Thank you, though.

#17679 2 years ago

Deleted

#17709 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Have any of you guys made any changes to your "Game Settings"? (ie any of the rules) to make the game harder, or easier? So far I've just been using the defaults that came with the machine. I notice there are some built in 'presets' that you can use but I've never tried loading them.

I changed the applause jackpot time…. yeah - it’s my game.

1 week later
#18095 2 years ago

The album modes and especially Slash Solo needs refactoring. They are an absolute waste of time.

1 week later
#18265 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

This is a real long shot but I found this screw when cleaning out the cabinet of the new (to me) GnR. Any ideas?[quoted image]

Looks like the screws for the metal shield that mounts to the back of the playfield.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18266 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I don’t know how you effing guys do it that are getting like 80 million 200 million etc. I feel like I’m pretty effing good and generally kick ass at this game and I’m pretty typically like 2.5 mill occasionally I get like a 20 million game.
I think at one time I got like 19 patches and I got shit for score.
Stylistically I’m a rock star. Score wise I’m balls.

Patch strategy and band frenzy is a big part of my scores.

#18398 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

For some reason my left guitar lock isn’t properly releasing balls during multiballs. The optos are properly registering and the coils fits fine in testing mode, but during gameplay I just get the continuous drum roll/light effects like the gate is about to drop but never does. Any thoughts?!
The only thing I’ve done around that area recently was add the two washers under the scoop eject, but I can’t see why these would be related. I did have to bend the guitars guide a bit last week because one of the optos wasn’t properly registering so wondering if I may just need to tweak that some more? Again, not sure why that’s help tho since the optos are working in test mode.

Check the c-clip and washer that holds the spring in place on the up post. Mine was all jacked up - easy fix all I did was reassemble it and haven’t had a problem since.

#18423 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Oh yah, but all those things didn’t matter if I couldn’t hit applause jackpot or didnt cash out song. All good. Some days game kicks me ass. Not a bad thing. Only thing I didn’t know about was pops and spinner during band frenzy. Thanks for the tip.

You can adjust the time on applause jackpot in the settings to limit your frustration until you get better.

#18428 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think I saw that in settings under snowflake.

Ha! Not offended at all.

My game my settings and more fun for the non-pinball peeps that come over to play.

#18581 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Video of skill 4 going bananas.
Its like too sensitive.
Im unsure if each reflective opto has individual gain ?
Its like sw4 is over amplified
I just want to back it off or get rid of it.
It really spoils the game when ball auto launches because of this 1 crazy switch.
I can live without 1 skillshot.

Mine autolaunches like this sometimes too. Mine is fairly intermittent but needs to be addressed for sure. I’ll be following in your footsteps soon. Please post all you find out - I’ll do the same.

#18583 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I will do,
and thanks
When you get a chance can you go to sw history and find out which sw is triggering your auto launch ?
I believe that the problem is somewhat common. There was a post on fb about it.
Interesting to note, always skill 4 !
There has to be a solution, It may lay in code ?
I have reason to believe that sensor gain/calibration could be a factor.
Hoping that Keefer is onto it.
I got a feeling that hes getting pressured to bang out toy story code.
GnR code is so awesome however there are some bugs that need to be squashed.

I’m working overseas for little while so I won’t be able to grab those logs for a few weeks.

And it doesn’t happen every game. Now that I think about it’s probably happened only a handful of times in about 200 games but it’s super annoying when it does. Still needs a fix.

#18614 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Skill 4 update.
As there was little point removing a row WHT/ORN or a column GRY/BRN, I had to figure out direct switch isolation.
Doesn't help my eyes are 54 years old now.
I connected my laptop to a bigger screen so I could see blown up schematic.
Found R53 22 ohm SMD VDD feed for reflective opto IR4 control (appears each IR is amplified and controlled individually)
I have removed R53 SMD to disable skill 4 effectively.
I guess I will need to live without this switch until a solution is figured out.
Again I think reflective opto gain can be controlled with code.
Looking forward to next code drop.
Why my game is super sensitive I don't know.
I did also try some spacers between PCB and playfield to try and reduce sensitivity, did not help.
Even though I have had some little electrical hiccups along the way it has been good in a way to help me understand JJP's a little better.
To me JJP GnR is always gonna be the GOAT
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great job troubleshooting. Excited to get back and have a fix for this.

Did you check for debris in the insert that could possibly trigger a false positive? And you can still earn a skill shot with opto 4 disabled just not a super. I’d be okay with that.

#18615 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thx. I swear I was playing tonight and not always getting letters when it drained there. I'll check it out again tomorrow.

Sometimes the upper drain awards a single letter and other times two letters. Not sure what the conditions are for double letters but that’s what I’ve noticed.

#18620 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamer74:

The GNR art blades I received from Little Shop of Games included the protectors in the box.

Same here.

#18744 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I don't like that particular wire switch either. I don't have issues with the others. For me it's the left to right that Is awkward and makes the ball hop in a strange way sometimes when it goes over it at specific speeds..
I'm in the states and would pay 35x2 to have a better mousetrap if that's just swapping with MRS switches... is it plug and play?

Without these switches my R&M would be a pretty box of lights. Worth every penny.

#18755 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'll give that a try.
My pf incline is approximately 6.8 degrees which is normal. I'm surprised nobody else is having this issue, makes me wonder what's different about my setup?

Mine barely makes it over the left side but it always makes it. I keep expecting it to hang but it doesn’t.

#18802 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Who says Album modes aren’t worth anything. 63mil DD!
Had a real chance to blow the game up to before tilting a 40mil paradise city song lol.
[quoted image]

I’ve only finished DD a hand full of times and it feels like it takes 10 minutes to complete. I can play a song for 3 to 4 minutes and get into 100M+ bonus. I just think the album modes need a better reward for taking you off the songs.

#18808 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I can only get scores of 7-8 million so these album modes scores I see here are mind blowing where I'm lucky to get 100K on an album mode.
What am I doing wrong that I suck this bad?
I do the normal Fender patch and then go some combo of Gun, Shirt/Poster, Thunderchuck, Vader/Duff before starting a song. Still get max of 5 million cashout on songs
Yes I try to play the booster multiballs as well.
Is there a patch combo that works better for crap players like me that gives me a chance to score 10-15 million?

I go for the band member patches first - helps to start band frenzy then go for pops. And always continue the song.

#18810 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Please tell me the strat to get 100 mil in 3 to 4 minutes.
As for album modes; desert demolition is good scoring wise IMO, takes 2 or 3 minutes to complete if you know what you’re doing and can trap up. The other 3 album modes need a serious boos. I just did a 120 album level tear down the wall, completed it, and only got 20 mil. Very low compared to DD.
But what the game really needs is slash solo to be stackable with the rest of the game!

Look up

#18812 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I was being Facetious.
While I agree album modes need some beef. The point of my desert demolition score (60+mil?) is I did it by cashing out of songs. I think I only encore’d once.
I have my game set up pretty difficult and would have to say my typical scores are in the 20-30 mil range. That doesn’t mean I don’t get 100+ mil games. but it was nice to get a 100+ mil game because of desert demolition and not a huge applause jackpot.

Tear down the wall takes longer than DD! Granted, I usually have to redo many posters and end up draining with a really shit score.

#18813 2 years ago

I’ve had several games where I lost multiple applause jackpots totaling more than my GC.

#18815 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I would think it would be near impossible to complete without the patch.

Sounds spot on. I haven’t made it through yet.

#18883 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wow. Steep!
Anyone in USA paying sales tax on their pin?

#18889 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Slash is a cool dude...

Well, his mode blows.

1 week later
#19216 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Hey Steve. There are combos embedded throughout. First obvious one is during one of the multiballs (ignite the flames?). The one where you’ve got to hit both ramps.
I think there are a ton more especially in the songs. The game takes a ton of time but the benefit to your point isn’t obvious. As for me… I’m all about keeping the song alive and coolly grooving shots with the tunes and building the crowd noise.

Part of this game’s appeal is the ‘mayhem’ analogous of a concert. I listen to the callouts way more than the blinky lights during a song.

#19220 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Here's the Cliff's Notes version of the rules/goals/objectives.
Pre-Song
-------------------------
Lights MB: Hit target on upper playfield, then pink shots
Amp MB: Spell AMP in left inlane, then yellow shots
Crowd MB: Hit skill shots / under flipper shot, then blue shots
Pyro MB: Hit pyro target behind Slash hat. All shots count towards jackpot which you collect with action button.
Maximize these MB jackpots as much as you can to boost your song level before starting the song. I like to stack all 4 at once.
In-Song
-------------------------
Shoot the lit shots for the song to keep it going and keep the rock-it meter boosted.
Lock all active balls on the neck for power chord.
Try for band frenzy: Shoot active band members (indicated in lower right of LCD, active/up next). Colored dots in revolver show the ones you've got.
That's the basic idea. When you're ready for them, patches (collected by spelling GNR) will give you boosts toward different objectives.
EDIT: Oh yeah, combos - I think they do exist. One that I know of is left orbit to Coma target (hold up right flipper) which lights Coma.

Collect the band member patches first. My $0.02

Edit - more of a strat than a rule but works well.

#19239 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Without question - trying to walk before running here

Quoted from Ecw0930:

So I was explaining g'n'r to my dad. He's 67 and has played pinball and knows the basics (hit the lights). But we all know g'n'r is a different beast.
I legit had to teach him in stages, and left the patches for dead last and even hesitated at that. He was intrigued but almost like "yeah right buddy". Hahaha
I told him the single best thing about this game is....
My kids can step up and rip on it, play a song, and rock it. Or, my pinball buddies can come over and dive deep into it. It's never the same twice unless you choose it to be. It's not (as) linear as a normal pin.
Love that about it.

For sure - many ways to play.

I only bring up the patches because you have no choice but to collect them even if you’re just banging around, whether you’re going for them specifically or not, so you may as well choose wisely - band members first for me.

#19243 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I love the structure of the patches and greatly appreciate the thought and construction of the patches combinations.
Im looking forward to achieving them all and getting the mystical Pinball patch. I hope that there is a great reward for that one.

I’ve gotten close. Had all but 3 …. one day.

#19328 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Scorbit failure here
Won't claim my slot
Wasted way to much time uninstalling and reinstalling apps , far out why does it have to be so difficult
My network is good, the app decided to shit itself for no reason

I found Scorebit frustrating in its current state as well. Going to let it mature for a while and perhaps revisit it in a future version.

Utilities -> Scorbit Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Scorebit Integration you can turn it off there.

#19389 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I will enjoy this game for many years. I usually stop playing games I've mastered or have become boring. This ain't going to be one of those...not in this lifetime.

100% agree.

You’ll know you’re really pissed at it when you do a right outlane death save and give it a big “FU*K YOU.”

Quoted from sevenrites:

I did walk away last night to regroup but never returned as intended. Lots of F bombs were dropped, along with some overly aggressive bumps. Anxious for today's action, whenever I get to it.

#19391 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

… the metal rail mostly stops this.

That’s why you have to do it from the right outlane. And being 6’4” 245 helps

#19492 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I think you are right. I always look at the revolver by the flippers to keep track of locked balls. I’ll have to pay attention to the guitar next time

I thought the revolver shows the band members collected and/or the band member shot that is active.

#19578 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Anyone know where this should be located please, found in rear left of cabinet.[quoted image]

Should be on the coffee table - it controls the Apple TV box

[~ couldn’t resist ~]

#19834 2 years ago

Where are you guys sourcing stock rings from?

I tried Titan 2” on the slings and they’re way too tight. I know I can and should go up to at least 2-1/4” if I go Titan but I’d like to keep the rings stock.

#19948 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

I need to replace some servo's on my spotlights. I'd like to go with EMAX ES3054 since they seem to be the most reliable from what I've heard. Only problem is that since I'm in Canada, the shipping prices seem super high. Is there a good Canadian retailer that has EMAX 3054 servos for a decent price without ridiculous shipping?
I've noticed a couple amazon.ca resellers that have them but they ship from China with an ETA of like 6+ weeks? yikes.

A decent hobby shop catering to RC devices should have them or equivalent servos. I would search locally if shipping cost is a deterrent.

#19998 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

… or just leave as is.

7C3728B6-0043-4614-B7D8-01A5398023A7.gif7C3728B6-0043-4614-B7D8-01A5398023A7.gif
#20163 2 years ago

Get a fucking room.

#20281 2 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

I am happy to report I have just joined the club. Im currently setting up the machine. I noticed this piece of metal coming through the playfield, and there is a piece of Mylar over it. Is this supposed to be here? Sorry for the rookie question, it’s just something I haven’t seen before in other games.
[quoted image]

Supposed to prevent ’death-saves’ … but it doesn’t if you’re really pissed.

#20298 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Works really well on my game.

Really, really pissed.

2 months later
#21469 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So I got those nice big t nuts.
Holy hell! The TEETH are bigger than the original t nut!
I had to snip the teeth down and hammer it in place.
Anyone else have a better way of doing this?
[quoted image]

Dremel with a cutting disk.

54984644-81DA-4AA8-82AF-C9E498CA8D30 (resized).jpeg54984644-81DA-4AA8-82AF-C9E498CA8D30 (resized).jpeg
#21502 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Why is dremeling needed?

To shorten and keep the prongs sharp. Can’t really cut them with snips and the stock length requires a LOT of torque to seat into the wood.

#21518 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Hey all, I’m having issues. Only had the game a few weeks, but what’s most frustrating (other than I’m still terrible at it) is that I’m having to slap Dave the plunge from going straight down the middle about 75% of the time. Anyone else deal with this that has a way to fix it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/353#post-6606282

5 months later
#23035 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

This is an interesting argument, however you have to look at what you get for the price, mid 6s vs mid 9s. Is the light bar colors and upper playfield worth 2.5-3k? I see people argue both ways.

I own an LE and played an SE on location. They are miles apart in terms of gameplay and experience. Save up for the LE.

2 weeks later
#23233 1 year ago

Has everyone that wanted a replacement PF received their PF or been contacted about the availability of the replacements?

I reached out and got my name on the list a very long time ago but I haven’t been contacted.

#23236 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

As someone mentioned earlier, it seems like Doris (customer service mgr) is the one driving that bus; she contacted me about mine.
[email protected]
Maybe just send her a copy of your original request/confirmation.

Thank you.

3 weeks later
#23525 1 year ago
Quoted from May:

Flipper on today, guitar locks and the piano locks were acting weird.
I got points while my ball was still in the shooter lane.
Everything calibrated, then it was just the guitar, calibrated again, then the piano again,...Any ideas?

Wipe off the sensors with isopropyl and wipe out any dust.

Go to the ‘stuck switch’ test to see which ones exactly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Lounge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.