IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leo13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1869 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I think the short answer to this is no. You would get sound from one pinnie drowning out the other
Go back a bit in this thread and you'll read some excellent suggestions on how to set up an external sub woofer. It seems easier to do on a JJP machine than a Stern machine, which in my case needed a kit

Wrong.
You can use several source on 1 subwoofer, and to preven any conflicting electric signal, you can use pinnovators:
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

I have 4 pins (Metallica, Tron, Iron Maiden and AC/DC) connected to the same Polk PSW10, works like a charm !

3 weeks later
#3046 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I ordered the day after the reveal

I ordered (and pay the deposit) the 5th of October... Still no ETA

1 month later
#4375 3 years ago

LE#169 has landed today and... what a game !

I love GnR, and this is why I pulled the trigger the day after the announcement for a LE. There was a lot of hype and buzz around the light show, how "amazing" it was, and this game was a Winner...

I can certify that this was NOT overhyped, and this game is blowing my mind since I installed it ! The light show is truly a new yardstick for the pinball industry ! HOMERUN for JJP !

I have 3 questions regarding the game:
- when the ball "drain" from the upper playfield, it goes to the right outlane 8 out of 10 times. Is it normal ?
- when the ball goes up the right ramp, it does not stay in between the drum sticks but between the right one and the cabinet, then hits the metal ramp wall and gets pushed onto the playfield instead of going down to the right flipper. Is it normal ?
- when the ball gets into the left lock of the center guitar, and gets released, it's 8 out of 10 times a SDTM. Is it normal ?

FYI, my game is currently setup around 7' (instead of 6.5' as recommended).

#4390 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There was a service bulletin on that mech that my distributor sent to me. The split washer wasnā€™t included on a small run of games. JJP sent me a kit with the 2 screws, 2 flat washers, and 2 lock washers with instructions. Easy Peazy fix, takes a 7/64ā€ Allen wrench.
Hit up your distributor to have JJP send you out the washers kit (or go get them at Loweā€™s or Home Depot?).

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/Service%20Bulletin_GNR_Left_Ramp_Diverter.pdf

#4395 3 years ago

Back to https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/88#post-6046120

I have (almost) fixed the drumstick behavior, but I am unable to fix the drain from the guitar lock (left side from player point of view is SDTM), and I think the rate of drain in the right outlane on a drop from the upper playfield is abnormally high.

I share 2 slo mo video in case someone has an idea. FYI, I leveled properly my game.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0h5n8hH4PHiPC

thanks for your help and Happy New Year !

#4397 3 years ago

Unfortunately I have a rubber on that post, I replaced it with a Titan's one, it's a little better but still gets too many drains in the right outlane.
BTW, what is the black pad you have in the center of your guitar ? Is it something you've added ? I dont have anything there, and the SDTM from the guitar is the most annoying problem, nothing you can do to save a good game when the ball is released from that spot

For the drumstick issue, it was mainly due to the extra steepness of my initial setup. After getting close to 6.5', the ball gets rarely between the drumstick and the cabinet.

#4436 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Iā€™m think that Karl moved the guide towards the player so that the ball makes more contact with that rubber ring. I actually moved my guide towards the back of the game and now it always goes in the right inlane.

I will try to replace the rubber with a slightly larger one see if it makes a difference before trying to bend the rail guide. I would also prefer to not remove the left ramp as much as possible.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thatā€™s what I did with the drop dead ball foam as seen in my pic a few posts ago - itā€™s working well, but a more permanent solution would be nice.

I have -slightly- raised the left of my game and it seems to have improved the SDTM. However, the ball is still going to the right flipper from the left guitar lock, which is interesting. I might try to add a pice of rubber on the left side of the guitar lock to push the ball to the center, which can help it falling onto the guide and pushes it to the left flipper and not the right one.

#4439 3 years ago

OK so in my case, ALL of my issues were coming from the left/right level: I thought it was leveled correctly, BUT it was not, the iPhone I used (PinGuy app) was not accurate enough due to the camera module, so I used an iPad mini and the game was slightly toward the left side, by a little less than 0.1'.

After a perfect level left/right, the ball coming from the upper playfield is correctly bouncing on the rubber and does not go anymore in the right outlane. Also, the center guitar lock is not SDTM anymore, ball is still going to the right flipper but enough to not drain.

FYI, I noticed on my game that the guitar lock diverter was moving by itself when the flipper bats or the pop bumpers were activated, and the balls were always going to the left side of the guitar. I checked the manual (page 122), and there is a tiny spring washer (wave disc spring, part 21) that is supposed to provide some resistance to the diverter. Mine was totally loose. So I (CAREFULLY, do not drop it!!!) unscrewed it, with 2 pliers I bent the spring washer, reinstall everything, and problem fixed !

Even if I have not read any problem like this, I think this information can be useful for the community.

#4522 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Trying it now. Thanks for the advice!!

It definitely changes the behavior of the left guitar lock, thanks for the tip !

To all, could you explain me or tell me where to find the strategy regarding the patches ? There are way too many and I don't know the impact of getting them.
Also, this game is f* difficult ... I consider myself as an average+ player, but the best score I could do in the last week was 11M and getting a song jackpot above 2M is a fantastic score... I must have missed something in the rules I tried to max out the 4 boosters but it's is still VERY difficult to have a decent score on this game.

What about you ?

#4531 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

[...]
Hope this helps. Oh, and hereā€™s the patch sets if this helps. Courtesy of kermit24 :
[quoted image]

Thank you so much ! It does help indeed, and this is the first game I'm having real fights with ! It will take time before being able to have a 6 digits score, and this is fantastic as a home pin !

Need to go and practice thanks again !

#4540 3 years ago

Never such issue with my game. Looking at the ball stuck on the guitar diverter, are you sure you have the correct steepness ?

#4628 3 years ago

I have 2 questions today:

1) My top-left pop bumper (the one with the cymbal) does not have any light. Is it normal ?
2) How do you increase "Make some Noise" value ? (multi ball launched when shooting under the top-right flipper)

thanks

#4679 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

To the best of my knowledge, both left and right orbits/loops should feed cleanly to the corresponding flipper and not hit the sling. It may require removing a ball guide rail and bending it (removed and off the playfield to not cause playfield damage). Mine had to be adjusted when I first got it.

Mine works exactly that way, orbits shots land on left or right flipper.

#4680 3 years ago

Has anyone tried to pair a Bluetooth device ?
I tried with a pair of AirPods Pro and a Bose Soundlink, none of them worked:
- the AirPods cannot be connected (even if they are seen in the device list)
- the game reset when trying to connect the Bose Soundlink !

Is there any other USB Bluetooth dongle that can be installed and offer better quality ?

#4694 3 years ago

As suggested before, try to change the coil setting and make it slower from 3 to 4. It changes the ball trajectory
In my case, I had to PERFECTLY level the game left/right to have the ball falling onto the right flipper 95% of the time

#4695 3 years ago

The bluetooth dongle is a CSR4.0 (https://www.amazon.com/Multiform-Bluetooth-Wireless-Adapter-Windows/dp/B01C2OQ4E2/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top)

On my machine, it does not work, and neither the AirPods Pro or a Bose Soundlink speaker cannot be paired.

Is your Bluetooth works fine ?

#4699 3 years ago

Headphone jack work fine here. I was considering purchasing a Bluetooth 2.1 Speaker sets but if the connection cannot work correctly this is a no-go.

#4902 3 years ago

Can someone show how the Coma ball save mech works on the CE ?

#4953 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

What are you guys scoring on GNR? 13 Million is my high so far.

Same for me, but I lost a 34M jackpot yesterday with Estranged song. I'm still crying.

#5051 3 years ago

Today I finished You could be Mine song, I got the Applause jackpot, but then there was no Encore mode and I went back to the pre-concert mode to earn a new song.

Is it normal ?

#5112 3 years ago

Anyone to make a lexan shield to prevent the ball from draining in the left outlane after hitting the left ramp target and jumping over the left plastic ?

#5202 3 years ago

I noticed a weird behavior today, and I was wondering if this is a bug or intentional:

I played to get all 4 patches regarding the boosters (Firecracker, Lights, Amp and Horn Hands).
I got Lights, Amp, and I started the Lights and Amp multi ball, which I both maxed out.

Then I got the 2 others patches, and when I wanted to start Ignite the flames multibal, I noticed that I had to start from scratch the Lights and Amp... they were not maxed out anymore...

Is that a bug ? Or is there a time limit where the boosters can be kept maxed out, then they roll back to 0 ?

thanks

#5316 3 years ago

Update via WiFi went as smooth as possible, connect, download, reboot (2 or 3 times) then done !

I can't tell the same with the bluetooth connectivity, where I can't pair my AirPods Pro or a Bose Soundlink. I did not try anything else yet, but if you know a better USB Bluetooth dongle that work with GnR, let me know !

#5341 3 years ago

FYI, if you have like me some issues with the left ramp flap jumping out of the right hole, I found a solution : just cut the head of a zip tie and insert it to the outer wireframe. Problem solved !

Gnr_Ziptie (resized).jpegGnr_Ziptie (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5497 3 years ago

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the drawback in connecting the headphone jack to an input from a 2.1 system instead of using a line-out (which implies purchasing an accessory) ?

#5539 3 years ago

Happens to me many times , the ball hits the right target at the entrance of the left ramp and jumps over the left plastic to drain in the left outlane.
There is definitely a polycarbonate shield to be made here to prevent this !

1 week later
#5765 3 years ago

Good to have updates and bug fixes, but still no Desert Demolition in this update

#5817 3 years ago

LTG

I have downloaded the 1.13 update and prepared the USB stick to proceed with a local installation and not being dependent of the busy servers, but it's been 2 hours and the update is still progressing. (see attached photo).

I wonder if the game reboots automatically after the update and because the USB stick being plugged in, re-start over and over again with the update.

If this is the case, the auto-reboot MUST be disabled, I can't stay in front of the game during 1+ hour waiting for the update to complete t unplug the USB drive at the right time !!!

IMG_7505 (resized).JPGIMG_7505 (resized).JPG
#5907 3 years ago

FYI, You don't need to unplug anything to update your game via USB. ANY USB slot available will do the job. Just saying...

#5922 3 years ago

Do you know how to tighten the spinning record to stop it wobbling ?
height adjustment is ok, but I could not find how to stabilize it, so from time to time a ball get stuck at the edge of the spinning record and the playfield.

1 week later
#6195 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My dialed in, Wonka and now guns and roses, all use 5V USB color LED strips I bought on clearance at Walmart for five dollars.
Wonka and Dialed in had an empty USB port on the computer that I used to power the strips for the back glass border. Guns and roses did not have an empty USB port so I used a small USB hub for power. Works and looks fantastic.

Yes it does, it's in the daughter board near the tilt mechanism, next to the Bluetooth dongle.

#6355 3 years ago

LE from December 2020, Code 1.14, no issue with Magnet

1 week later
#6869 3 years ago

Is it normal that the code updates on JJP website are gone ?

#6925 3 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Pretty sure the 1.17 code is pulled. 404 error in the game trying to find it and 404 when trying to manually download it.

I noticed that yesterday already

#6936 3 years ago

I go at first to get the 4 boosters patches (Light / AMP / Horn Hand / Firecracker) because the game is so drainy, it's better to be able to start several times the booster multi ball before starting a song.

Then I use to select the 4 sponsors in order to enable the extra ball.

After a song, get the patch to help you in the mini wizard mode you are qualified for.

1 week later
#7477 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Whatā€™s the fix for this? This diverter just does what it wants. Maybe not tight enough and it flops around. Locked four balls on the left side. Game went into ball search.
[quoted image]

I had the same issue, and what you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want to do is tighten more the diverter: you will ruin the screw and won't have any effect.
You need to unscrew and CAREFULLY remove the diverter, and be sure to NOT lose the wave disc spring (tiny almost flat washer) that fits between the post and the diverter. Then, once removed, you need to CAREFULLY bend the spring washer to make it curved. Then re-install the diverter, with the spring washer bent it should bring some resistance to the diverter and it won't move as free as it used to.
Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 12.11.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-21 at 12.11.29 PM (resized).png

#7513 3 years ago
HateYou (resized).pngHateYou (resized).png
#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Hi gunners,
finished the topper incl. soundbar yesterday. Now the LE is the better CE because of it's artwork [quoted image]

I'm interested too in installing a soundbar, so any detail about your setup will be highly appreciated

2 weeks later
#8022 3 years ago

1 of my blue pad around the center scoop is almost dead, do you know where to find this part ?
In the manual, the reference is 25-100007-00 "Snubber block" but I can't find this reference anywhere.

Closest I could find is https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5067-00 but hey, $2.90 for a small piece of rubber ???? And I'm not even sure this is the good one...

IMG_7597 (resized).jpegIMG_7597 (resized).jpeg
#8025 3 years ago

Yep, that's the part ! thanks, I did not even know about this store !

#8086 3 years ago

FYI, Flipper bats from Titan won't help. I broke mine in a little more play than the OEM ones, but nothing really satisfying.
I installed some Super-bands ones, and so far so good.

#8433 2 years ago

I won't update from 1.19 until I see Desert Demolition implemented

#8813 2 years ago

Regarding the spotlights, I have my right one freshly replaced (kudos for top-notch support from JJP) after the X-axis died.
However, I think the problem COULD happen again, because I noticed the right spotlight is under excessive stress during test mode:
- when the left spotlight is tested, it moves and you can hear the servo stops almost instantly after reaching its position
- when the right spotlight is tested, it is different, and I can clearly hear the servo still trying to move the spotlight even after it reaches its position. It is also moving LESS than the left one, which could explain why the servo is still running even if the spotlight cannot move anymore.

I have checked several and nothing prevent the right spotlight to move freely, it simply does not have the same area covered than the left one.

pinball_keefer Could you explain if there is a signal sent back from the servo(s) that you check to spot moving the spotlight ?

#8815 2 years ago

Can you check if the servo is still powered when the spotlight stops to move ? If yes, then there could be some change in the code to prevent excessive stress on the servo(s)

1 week later
#9208 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

They are all dying. All vertical. I wonder what percentage of people have had this issue.

WRONG

My right spotlight died on the X-axis (I received the replacement in few days, kudos to JJP for great support)

1 week later
#9687 2 years ago

Considering the number of playfield with manufacturing defects, is there any class action to have Mirco do the right thing ?

#9689 2 years ago

It seems unbelievable that JJP cannot make Mirco liable for so many playfield manufacturing issues.

#9734 2 years ago

For the record, my LE have same issues:
- pooling at the left inlane
- 3 posts with pooling and art tearing
- other spots of pooling (not in visible areas)

#9736 2 years ago

Dec.2020

#9757 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Where do you buy this? I don't see Cliffy's for JJP GnR on his website?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#9814 2 years ago

As you can see on the shared pictures, the washers were installed under the posts but it is only making the damage larger: the art and clear are pooling around the washer.

Pay attention to the posts that can be hit hard repeatedly by the ball, you will probably find some damages on the playfield

1 week later
#10252 2 years ago

Just email Cliff, and he will send you an invoice. Be patient, he is 4 weeks back on these protectors !

#10258 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well done! Between the servos (easy to get) and the control arms (apparently easy to print) we are able to keep these things happy for years to come.

I ordered 4 ES3054 just in case

#10573 2 years ago

As I read before, people make mistake about Cliffy's carbon protectors: they are NOT intended to be used alone !!! Fix your pooling, install the carbon ring (stick it to the playfield so it won't move) then re-install the post with its washer. That way, the washer could slide and move on the carbon protector and NOT tearing the clear/art.

More photos here : http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

CF-washer-compare (resized).jpgCF-washer-compare (resized).jpg
#10577 2 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Can you make a recommendation on how many of Cliffā€™s small and large carbon rings a GNR LE will need to protect the game? Thanks.

Sorry I cannot recommend anything as I am "simply" a game owner like you, so I have no legitimacy to tell you precisely what to do, only sharing my own experience and advices from professionals.

Large carbon protectors are used with star post and other large ones, where 3/4 ID are used with small post WITH their washers.
Please consult http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm for more details

#10580 2 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Actually, Cliff said to check Pinside for a recommendation on how many washers and size to buy for the LE. I guess Iā€™ll wing it. I was only looking for a ball park. I donā€™t have my game yet, but want to be prepared for when it eventually arrives. But thanks anyway.

I purchased a set of 10 small washers, not installed them yet as I'm waiting for JJP regarding the tickets I have opened. I dont want to make any intervention before their inputs.

#10676 2 years ago

This looks really GREAT !

#10706 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Every post with a metal washer under it is a good start.

Most frequent occurence of clear pooling / art torn is at:
- left inlane post where the ball drops
- upper playfield at lock entry
- posts just below the A,X,L lanes
- post at Bottom right of pop bumper (especially the one below the right plastic ramp)

Feel free to complete the list

1 week later
#11103 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Is it just me or are you guys adjusting your scoop every so often to keep the ball ejecting to the sweet spot on the left flipper?

Never adjusted mine ! Never had a SDTM from the scoop

1 month later
#12241 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Iā€™m replacing JJP posts with WPC ones- Tight fit, post doesnā€™t move [quoted image]

Is it the post you are talking about ?
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base.html

#12381 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Whatā€™s peoples
Thoughts- just fitted Cliffy protector on scoop..
The main piece. I put the hole protector from JJP back in..
I didnā€™t use the small Cliffy that goes on the back.. what are people doing?

Double check that the scoop protector does not interfere with the openings of the 2 rods that release the balls from the guitar lock. I had to re-disassemble and remove the scoop protector to trim it with a Dremel.

#12578 2 years ago

Maybe it's time to use Cliffy's technic so any washer (PETG, metal,...) can move without damaging the playfield ?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/JJP-GNR/CF-washer-compare.jpg

2 weeks later
#13216 2 years ago

I installed Cliffy's carbon ring under washer on spots where the clear was badly pooling / chipping. I believe it adds an important buffer surface between washers (whatever material, metal or plastic) and the shitty playfield.

#13219 2 years ago

I removed (and reinstalled) the upper playfield to clean underneath, but I dont remember where the RJ45 connects to the node board: does it goes to connector marked LB1 or LB3 ?

I can't find the information in the manual. Thanks.

#13225 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's the gray one in this photo:[quoted image]

Thanks Zaph It's then the LB3

#13245 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When I had this it was the screw in the top where the record meets the shaft. You can slit the decal with an exacto to find the screw head, hold it steady, and twist the shaft underneath until it's tight.

Had the same wobbling, I simply pressed with my finger in the center of the decal while I was screwing underneath. When the disc stops wobbling you can stop.
I also added to the screw some loctite, worked like a charm and the record never wobbled again.

#13346 2 years ago

I noticed some micro power-cut on the left flipper during some games. When I tried to diagnose in the test menu all was fine.
Is anyone else experiencing the same behavior ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leo13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Leo13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.