IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kkoss24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LE buyers..... Any timeline given on getting your game?

I’m pretty sure my guy told me November //December For LEs if you got in today but I asked to be kicked down the line a bit I don’t want to sell my IMDN .

Quoted from delt31:

LE buyers..... Any timeline given on getting your game?

#150 3 years ago

Ordered the LE from JJP today. Will look good next to Maiden!</blockquote

Damn right it will cheers buddy!!

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

damn - I certainly expect LEs before then. Although you don't seem to be in a rush so that works out for you!
Anyone else? I would think games should be shipping out now so possibly getting one this week

They had 100 LEs ready to ship but I’ll bet those went fast

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Anyone else notice that the right flipper appears to sit slightly higher than the left?

Yeah saw that

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

LE #960 reporting in!

Holy shit they sold that many today ?

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

I hope they did ! JJP numbers are not representative of the # sold. You can request specific numbers.

Thanks I didn’t know that .I put deposit down on LE n just mentioned to him I would like to be down the line a bit so I didn’t have to sell a pin .So I didn’t actually get a number yet .

#288 3 years ago

Shit that’s not good .I preferred the art in LE myself and ordered one but I had a feeling the CE would boom in value right off the bat .Hearing that is real upsetting hopefully there’s a resolution for all of you .Best of luck to all !

#289 3 years ago

Although when I was on the fence I now remember my guy saying “If you order a CE I can’t guarantee it “.He was stressed I’m sure there was a Boom in sakes I can’t wait to hear the actual numbers .

#718 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well said. It’s really hard to describe this game without experiencing it. Yes the videos show some game play and animation but this is Truly Not like anything anyone has ever experienced in a game before. Almost draws you in to some effect like your In the experience. I can typically review a game by a review play but this one is oddly different because the immersive experience simple doesn’t come across in video. As you get deeper into each song the mood just grows and your adrenaline to go further builds. Never honest thought a band based game could draw you in like this.

Man I had a feeling before the trailers came out this was something special just by the vibe around those involved .Statements like this from people in the industry should send warning to all ! If you want a LE get it reserved !Pre October 2020 5000 LEs would have seemed outrageous but apparently not for this 8th wonder of the world ! Great job to alll I can’t wait to get my hands on these flippers !!

1 week later
#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok just finished adding the Sound bar and Polk Audio sub to GnR LE. Simply Wow! Very easy install SB simply splices into the 3.5 jack on the left of head and the wire feeds straight out the top with the provided plastic plug in the top head and add 2 strips of velcro to secure. Sub, just the typical wire through vent and tap to base speaker in cabinet. For me....I'm a bit surprised I think the Sound bar added the best bang for $50. Sound simply pours over you loud and clear. Huge difference when you turn it off. I like the sub allot granted I have never been a thump the house base kind of player but still really sounds great. Overall a worthy upgrade for this title for sure.
[quoted image][quoted image]

All I care about YB is that your hyped about the this machine ! I can sleep easy now I’m not one to put a magnifying glass on I just want fun games !! Speaking of Family Guy is Awsome big thumbs up to PL on this one !!! It has the whole package 4 Sho!!!!!The crew is playing FG more than WOZRR n IMDNprem and were awaiting GnR whenever it comes I’m not in tgat crew when it’s ready it’s ready!!!Peace to all don’t be upset get happy that you have monthly opportunities!!!!

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Wrong.
You can use several source on 1 subwoofer, and to preven any conflicting electric signal, you can use pinnovators:
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer
I have 4 pins (Metallica, Tron, Iron Maiden and AC/DC) connected to the same Polk PSW10, works like a charm !

Sweet lineup

3 weeks later
#2989 3 years ago

I was told My LE will be April/May if lucky unless Covid stalls then who knows .

#3120 3 years ago

First day order .Was told April/May if lucky and I believe him! Like the previous guy I’m fine with whatever .Getting anxious does nothing just forget about it until you get the call is my advise !

1 week later
#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Told the wife I would sell one for GNR... made it fit and in no hurry
[quoted image]

If she makes you sell one I’d buy the DP for my kid

3 weeks later
#4234 3 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Can I wake my 9 year old up now so we can play?
[quoted image]

Great Christmas bud!!! Congrats I was told I’m up there Jan/fed we’ll see .Trying not to watch any vids I want to go in blind .

#4275 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I'm not one to brag, but when you're brother is the designer, you end up with some cool stuff.
Christmas 2020. Gnr se/le playfield personalized and signed to me by slash.[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s badass !! That’s a good brother !

#4278 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Which distributor? I’m with Coin Taker. Last update was February delivery.

I don’t know how this NIB goes it’s my first but I’m thru GAP and he told me I was “up there” on list and would be possibly Jan or early feb latest if that helps .

#4287 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you are waiting for an SE or LE, and you don't get your machine before the CE run it'll be March at the earliest. Once the CE's hit the line, I don't think they are going to stop until they are done and that will take a couple months.

Thanks that’s good to know .I’m fine waiting as once it arrives I’ll bet the others get ignored for quite sometime .

2 weeks later
#4778 3 years ago

If it helps I cut a 2x4 and prop the back end of playfield up (to bottom of cabinet )with front on the stands .Everytging is completly out of the way ,easy as throwing a magnet on your refrigerator .

#4824 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm particularly interested in how you do this. I've tried Kidcrisso's method but ruined the decal in the part where the playfield is lifted, not either side of it

I’ll take a picture of it n post soon .Honestly it’s real easy my 12 year old put his FG side blades on himself this way .

#4825 3 years ago

Does anyone know where they’re at in factory on builds for LEs.I’ve been playing it cool but I’m starting to Envy you lucky ducks Lmao .No pincades to go to I need a new fix and that fix is GnR.As always appreciate any help thanks .

#4832 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I’m interested to see this process, if you can elaborate a little more or have pics.

I’ll take some pics this weekend but basically pull the playfield up to where it’s sitting on the legs up by apron .Then I cut a 2x4 long enough to hold back end of playfield up past the side rails where you can still get your hands in there to install .Just find a flat area to put 2x4 against PF where it’s not hitting any wires (2x2 would work also ) and down to either the bottom of the cabinet or the top of control box .The next time I do this I’ll probably use 2 -2x2s one on each corner there was a little sway with the last one .I’ll actually make a vid when my GnR comes .

#4833 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

The way I understand it is CE's have been on the line since the beginning of Jan and will be until the full run of 500 is completed. Rumor is they can complete and ship 50-60 per week.
Estimated end of Feb early March LE's will be back on the line.
So, We should see LE's shipping early or mid March.

Thanks guys I’m going back into depression lmao

#4848 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Or just show up at his house and ask to play! I'll PM you his address. Target later evening hours, he will Love the surprise!!!!

Lmao ...even though he’s in Indiana he’s 4 1/2 hrs away .I have talked with him I’m sure We’ll meet up at some point .I’m just getting started let’s see how much insanity my wife can take

#5067 3 years ago

What’s the latest on LEs back on the line ?

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just play mine till they go back on the line. Lol. May be awhile but Worth the wait! Expect April is my guess.

Sounds good Dave ,I’ll hit you up soon I can’t take the wait any longer

3 weeks later
#5934 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

They still working through the CE's? Any word when they'll start LE's again? I haven't heard a peep from JJP since they took my LE deposit back in early Oct so just checking in here.

Think April and everything will be ok

#5980 3 years ago

Zach at flipping out is the other one - and they are at the new hiked price by the way.
I guess since LEs are a sure thing for the long term they are switching to SE to just get them over with and out the door on this final batch and then spend the next year+ cranking out LEs</blockquote

24832EA2-AEF7-4C4D-B0A9-0AB1B51738CC (resized).jpeg24832EA2-AEF7-4C4D-B0A9-0AB1B51738CC (resized).jpeg
#5981 3 years ago
240EABD3-D4C7-47FE-9C7F-5E29C0FAD10C (resized).jpeg240EABD3-D4C7-47FE-9C7F-5E29C0FAD10C (resized).jpeg
#6062 3 years ago

Happy to hear people getting theyre games .Does anyone have any info where they’re at w builds I’m confused hearing a SE n LE being delivered I though they were doing all 500 CEs then moving to LEs.

#6066 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Look at the locations of the posters. the LE's are in Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

The CE going out was more what I was curious about .

#6067 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Look at the locations of the posters. the LE's are in Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

Sorry SE I meant

1 week later
#6491 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

Just received an email saying my SE is on it's way to me in Canada. My first pinball.

Congrats bud

#6558 3 years ago

Cmooooonnnnnnnn Aprilllllllll !!!!!!

2 weeks later
#7277 3 years ago

Full payment in and spot is cleared ! Now I’m in full blown clock watching mode .Reminds me of being young the day after thanksgiving counting the hours until Christmas .

2 weeks later
#7873 3 years ago

Any word on the Le delivery dates ? Been off the grid last 12 days going home tomro what are we looking at

#7883 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

When did you order? The continuation of fulfillment for week-1 orders back in October has officially re-commenced. Several of us paid in full through distributors two weeks ago and were generally told “a few weeks” for delivery. I think we will start to see delivery confirmations starting this week. But it really depends when you ordered.

Great news I ordered hours after release .I asked to be kicked down the road wasn’t ready yet but paid in full 2 weeks ago also .Was told was at top of the list so happy days on the horizon :)Thanks

#7884 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Put a deposit down for an LE this past Friday and was told December.
This is my family’s second game (currently own a JP pro), first JJP, and first NIB pin. Are there any “must have” accessories/mods/upgrades that we should consider for our LE?
Also, are there any issues with the first-run LEs that have been identified and will be corrected with future production models? I am thinking of the clearcoat issue with the JP playfield that got corrected on our by stern since it was a later model. Just curious.
Thanks

Check out The Mod Couple

#7890 3 years ago

Back in business just in time my LE will delivered in a couple hours

#7894 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

LE 551 picked up yesterday from Trent (Tilt Amusements)!
Added mirror blades and shooter lane protector and it's good to go. This is actually a very hard game and takes a lot of getting used to! Very glad there are so many multi-ball opportunities. [quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats !

#7902 3 years ago

869 in the house ! Stopped for a break it’s going to be a late night .JJP and team Eric you fing rock !

36A0D106-47E1-4CAF-B537-2DBB6A72F6C7 (resized).jpeg36A0D106-47E1-4CAF-B537-2DBB6A72F6C7 (resized).jpeg6337DCBA-96BC-4AAD-BCF5-C0F481E64F54 (resized).jpeg6337DCBA-96BC-4AAD-BCF5-C0F481E64F54 (resized).jpeg
#7913 3 years ago

I saw in instruction sheet to screw leg seats all the way in .The floor is level where it stands but is this the proper pitch for this game? Seems a bit slow but fun never the less.That was some serious fun last night .

#7914 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What to do here, seems a bit odd to have two sides that have “Truck this Side Only”. Are others’ boxes like this?
[quoted image]

It’s the side with the blue tilt indicator .

#7915 3 years ago

That’s what I was told yesterday when the guy dropped it off .

#7937 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Something to look out for; the ramp diverter to the upper playfield was rubbing the ramp. I caught it and re-shaped the guide before damage was started. The limit-of-movement in the guide-plate-assembly located under the playfield may allow this to happen if we're not careful.[quoted image]

Good catch .Any thoughts on the pitch for this pin I had all the adjustments screwed all the way in last night like it said in direction sheet .seemed a little slow but reguardless fun .floor is level just wondering what people were doing for pitch .

#7940 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

See my previous post, but bubble touching 2nd line from bottom is a pretty good sweet spot for me.

Thanks bud

#7952 3 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Pitch is critical in this game. The steeper i make it, the more ball control i have. Harder, fast pins play better steep imo. Definitely experiment with it. I also lean slightly left.

Thanks for the info .I’ll keep tweaking in small increnements .

#7953 3 years ago

Can anyone help with a question .My first NIB for registration when asked date of purchase woukd that be deposit,Paid in full or delivery date ?

#8123 3 years ago

Has anyone heard from Pingraffix on power/mirror blades ? I like the black mirrors but waiting to see what they come up with before I decide .

#8164 3 years ago

Can anyone help .my first night to dive in was going to update 1.21 last I read either internet or USB is fine is that still the concensus ? 2nd I can’t find the back box keys nothing has been moved was wondering where they would put these they’re not in coin box or hanging on door any help would be appreciated .

#8172 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Keys should be on the coin Mechs on the inside of the door. Otherwise, look everywhere. Maybe they fell off.
Depends what code you are on when updating. If you are on 1.19 you can use wifi. Some of the codes in the teens broke the wifi.

Thanks.The ring was spread they were in the back hiding .

#8248 3 years ago

I’ve only had the game a week with not much time to play .I was getting a little frustrated with the fast games but I’ve realized I was just jacked to get to a song and rock out (which is not a bad option ).I tried something different tonight ,I turned the volume all the way down and just worked the build ,paying attention to the progress on the playfield and back box .This really seemed to help me a lot as I did not want to start a song until I was ready.I’m going to take a break and return with volume down still to pay more attention to collecting band frenzy during a song .Baby steps for me anyway .

#8307 3 years ago

So to all the tournament players why does this pin seem to “worry” you .I’m still trying to figure out where the start button is but if I was a Playa I would be exited to draw this pin in a tourney .You would never be counted out as there is a buffet of ways to score huge on any given ball pretty quick like .

#8440 3 years ago

I have a early wake up call so I’ll tackle this seemingly easy fix tomorrow but out of curiosity has this happened to anyone ? The plastic bent upwards and is a hair from touching/scratching the stage screen .We only have 40-50 plays on it so I’m not sure when it even happened My only worry is it happening again and scratching the screen .As always any help is greatly appreciated .

547D1E9D-A135-409D-B809-3E7EC84BA33F (resized).jpeg547D1E9D-A135-409D-B809-3E7EC84BA33F (resized).jpeg93962928-B011-4DEB-A4B7-EEAAF6AC3238 (resized).jpeg93962928-B011-4DEB-A4B7-EEAAF6AC3238 (resized).jpegFDBD370F-97B2-4ACA-A1EA-D0795EA5D487 (resized).jpegFDBD370F-97B2-4ACA-A1EA-D0795EA5D487 (resized).jpeg
#8470 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’ve got the same issue on mine. Didn’t see a way to secure it. Let me know what you find out.

I will, I’m thinking about cutting a piece of rubber to length then slit it so plastic sits inside it then wedge down .I would just push it down but am worried if it happens again it will scratch the screen .I’ll send pics when I do this over the weekend .

#8471 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I was able to fix this issue on mine by bumping up the power on the left flipper by 2. After long play, I can still backhand the left ramp.

Thanks I’ll try this also ,when the fade starts can’t get anywhere in this game .Trying to hit with the right flipper ends badly quite often .

#8773 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm in the same boat. The Appetite stand up is deadly. I watched a little of IE pinballs stream and he was going up with the right flipper...he did note that he lowered his flippers slightly from factory (flopped)...similar to Jurassic Park I'm assuming for making those side shots easier...I'm just gonna keep practicing but there is a definite narrow window of opportunity on that right flipper to not hit the dreaded Appetite standup and drain immediately versus going successfully up the ramp. I try to backhand it like the Death Star Ramp but it's really tough to time it perfect, you can do it if you hit it on the roll or a fast slap save...
It's a good challenge. I remember when the helicopter shot on JP was was nemesis..now I can hit that shot all day
I'd say the 3 hardest shots on GnR are : 1. Under the flipper - crowd 2. Left Ramp without draining 3. Left and right orbits when your panic flipping during a song

Well put

#8779 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This. I've learned so many useful things from Lloyd The Great.

I second that, Lloyd you’re Awsome !To Ipgnr, I was there last year just get loose n dive in .When you breakthrough it’s life changing .Remember theres nothing you can do that cannot be undone .

#8826 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

20 years ago.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : David Gersic coined the phrase.
[quoted image]

Damn I thought it was “lovable trustworthy guy” all this time

CF486569-BAB8-482A-ACFA-45632A12F35F (resized).jpegCF486569-BAB8-482A-ACFA-45632A12F35F (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9270 2 years ago

Looking for some advice on the scoop .I’ve played around with the L/R pitch and scoop strength but no matter what I do the best I can get is having to hard nudge with a double slap to possibly save 1/7 balls otherwise SDTM.I’ve watched streams most notable buffalos original which showed the scoop was sending the ball right smack middle of the left flipper .Before I get into tinkering with the scoop is there anything else in the adjustments I can try to correct this it’s almost making the game unenjoyable .Almost.Thanks for any help .

#9273 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Adjust the hood slightly

Thanks CW

#9283 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:When I installed my Cliffy on the scoop, there is a little play in the hood as Chuck mentioned to adjust it. There are two hex screws holdingit in place. You should be able to stick a small hax driver or phillips head bewtween the guitar lock off ramps and loosen then retighten to offset / aim the scoop a little more to the left so it contacts the left flipper...I would guess there are a couple mm of play in the hood.

Thank you

#9319 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How's the angle on the scoop hood? (Note mine aiming at the left flipper)
[quoted image]

A comparison and that’s as far as I can go left with the hood loosening/sliding/retightening the screws .Everything else checked out fine .I was thinking about drilling a new screw hole but it will be too close to the original spot actually would be in it causing a need for a sleeve and backfill .I’ve just unplugged the game for now as I won’t have time to tackle this for at least a month in the meantime I’ll get w JJP support and see what they say .

C23AF5C1-6A0A-4839-A19B-E0B5CF96D821 (resized).pngC23AF5C1-6A0A-4839-A19B-E0B5CF96D821 (resized).pngEFAD3F6D-52BC-464A-8976-FC142EE6E0DB (resized).pngEFAD3F6D-52BC-464A-8976-FC142EE6E0DB (resized).png
#9327 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That should be a simple hood replacement...mine looks eactly like the 2nd one in the pics..I wonder if yours was machined incorrectly?
Is the hood base in yours sitting flush with the back of the vuk hole?
Redrilling holes probably won't work as you may have a small lip of the hood edge protruding from the right side into the vuk hole, which may cause more prolems with ejections and rejections than it fixes.

Yeah I’m assuming the template they used was set too far toward right flipper because you can see the scoop hole is not aligned correctly with the pocket .Basically it’s all installed shifted toward the right flipper about 1/4 inch roughly leaving me no room for the correction .

#9329 2 years ago

I was so frustrated playing and my kids stopped playing it because of having no chance .It wasn’t until I watched some streams that I noticed this .Oh well I’ll see what they say first .

#9332 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Gotcha, yeah a screen shot of the two side by side would speak volmes with your distro/JJP..
JJP might have a new part out to you in a couple days.
Barry has been awesome with support for me.

Thanks FF ,but what I’m seeing the problem is where the openings (drilled holes and router pocket )are .This seems a playfield issue .I hope I’m wrong we’ll see .

#9337 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I dont know how wide spread the center scoop draining down the middle is, but a software correction may help. If a ball drains down the middle from the scoop on certain shots, perhaps it can be programmed to just shoot out another ball. Doesnt look to be a lot of adjustment that can be made.

It’s nearly every time .The best I got it was having a chance at 1/8 balls with a “hard “ double slap w nudge and even then I would just catch the very end of the flipper .It’s all good I’m not going to throw a tantrum or anything ....At least until I hear what they have to say haha...

#9339 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah that hood definitely looks aimed wrong to me. I wouldn't drill new holes, I would examine the holes on the scoop hood - they should allow for it to aim further left when secured in place. If they don't, maybe a new scoop hood is in order?
Good luck, I know this is a pain and the SDTM drains are frustrating. I feel confident it's fixable though. Interested to hear how support goes as they certainly know more than we do about these games.

Thanks I’ll post after they get back to me .Im kinda happy I thought my playing was severely regressing .This is why we need rows of pins I’m trying to explain this to my wife .....not going well

#9340 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you take any pictures of what is going on with the upper playfield removed? Screw holes in the playfield, scoop hood, and scoop protector?
Maybe it's something simple, like the holes are off on the protector...in which case dumping it and the liner in favor of a Cliffy is a nice fix. I'm very happy with mine.

As of now it looks like the whole template was aligned wrong .Case in point follow the mystery insert on those pics and look where the points end up .Looks all set way back and to the right .

#9341 2 years ago

Sorry meaning where the mystery insert point is compared to the scoop hole .

#9343 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's not you, that thing should very reliably eject to the left flipper.
You can see the consistent behavior in my stream from last night: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1015035998
I catch from the scoop all the time.

Your stream n Buffalos is what led me to this conclusion I thank you both for doing your streams .

#9345 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What’s the quickest way to blow the game up? Like competition style play….

Light a 1/4 stick in the scoop hole .haha

#9354 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Here is mine before doing the Cliffy, it looks about the same as yours to my eye.[quoted image][quoted image]

Your right this is best examined taking the upper PF off .Hopefully I’ll get some time tonight to deep dive been working long ass days but get to sleep in tomorrow .Thanks for all the help I’ll post later when I figure something out and/or hear back .

#9401 2 years ago

With all the multi balls (love it) how often for ball swaps .

#9407 2 years ago

First I apologize I would back read but I have a small window today to fix this scoop issue .I started removing upper PF and looking for steps for the rest I have guitar neck loose and Axl off looking for what needs removing toward the upper upper PF to the left any help much appreciated

#9426 2 years ago

I’m down to finding where this yellow/black harness goes under the UPF.I thought this did not have a home when I started but can’t remember I got pulled away before I could finish up .I had to drill to expand the pivot holes on the scoop bracket to get it to swing out further so I can get the ball on the flipper (sorry my wife took my phone to get a new screen protector I have no pics )it was no big deal .Any help with info on this wire harness would be much appreciated I’m exited about playing a proper game

557E4D47-0A7F-4EA9-8B3C-56406C136CA1 (resized).jpeg557E4D47-0A7F-4EA9-8B3C-56406C136CA1 (resized).jpeg
#9427 2 years ago
0DFC152A-AF94-40FE-AB64-A8E951EAB63F (resized).jpeg0DFC152A-AF94-40FE-AB64-A8E951EAB63F (resized).jpeg
#9428 2 years ago

Never mind doesn’t matter .All that work I got the hood moved left and still the same SDTM every single time completly ruins every game .It’s unplugged looks like another Stern night .

28887625-8F20-4E5B-AF2A-45FD6540FFC3 (resized).jpeg28887625-8F20-4E5B-AF2A-45FD6540FFC3 (resized).jpeg
#9432 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It looks like it should be aimed more left than what it is. You could try opening the holes of the hood larger so you can turn it more.

Thanks bud I just did that tonight .I opened it more so it can swing left it was pretty straight before that .I actually moved it about 1/4 inch I thought that would do it .I start 3 weeks of 14 hr days tomorrow so it can sit and collect dust thats all it’s good for right now

#9434 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When you have it on again and the glass off, try slo-mo recording the kickout with your phone both dead on at playfield level looking towards the scoop, and overhead with the flippers in view. It can be very helpful for fixing these kinds of issues.

Thanks that’s smart thinking .

#9435 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agree, it doesn’t look aimed left enough compared to mine.

I should’ve compared it to yours before I put it back together .JJP said they’ll send out another “snubber” didn’t know that’s what it’s called .I wish I had my phone when I had it apart but it still looks to me the whole mech is seated out of wack .Thanks for your help I’ll get to it again d St one other day .

#9442 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Take pliers, grab the hood and bend it one way or the other.

Thanks CW that’s what I’ll do now that another is coming .Still I don’t think it’s a good idea to do that while it’s in place I’ll take it out again and put it in the vice I want to drill the holes to swing more anyway .At least I got one to play around with to see what works .

#9444 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve done this on every game I’ve ever worked on with a scoop hood. It’s not a problem and the tiniest adjustment will change the balls path dramatically.

So I’d imagine take it by the right side where the back meets the curve “hood” and bend toward the left flipper is that correct ?

#9454 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Chuck is correct here..just a little bend goes a long long way...you can take the hood out without moving the upper playfield using a thin 1/4 in hex driver (I wouldn't use phillips driver as you'll strip it at the angle you'll be removing it)
Mine wasn't bad from the factory but it was hitting closer to the tip of the flipper than I would like for control..no SDTM's
What I did to make an adjustment was to screw the hood to a block of wood, didn't have a vice handy, then using pliars protected by a microfiber, bent itslightly to the left gripping the sides...refit it..first time was a little much, hitting left sling...second time was the charm hitting almost dead center on the left flipper consistantly...But you'll have to make small adjustments...just dial it in slowly

I can’t take the hood out without removing the Upper P/F . .I can acess the screw on the right with a long shafted nut driver but the left is way too far under to do anything with .I’ll take pictures when it’s all off again (I’ll need to send to JJP anyway).Right now it’s just finding time which I don’t have for awile.This is basically what I did .

C12D6C4E-2DB3-4069-A4BF-B45576881E3B (resized).jpegC12D6C4E-2DB3-4069-A4BF-B45576881E3B (resized).jpeg
#9455 2 years ago

In the future it would be easier if these were hex screws I would think .Better bite and fits tight spaces .

D1EA404F-2BCA-4BFD-BA27-3BE6BADB1CA9 (resized).jpegD1EA404F-2BCA-4BFD-BA27-3BE6BADB1CA9 (resized).jpeg
#9456 2 years ago

On the bright side of things I found these at a local hardware store in the clearance bin for $4.These will be helpful in the future I’m sure .

AC25649D-7ACE-4797-AB75-9EAF79EB2ED6 (resized).jpegAC25649D-7ACE-4797-AB75-9EAF79EB2ED6 (resized).jpeg
#9492 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Added some clear PETG https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html washers.
I did the entire playfield yesterday, here's a sampling. Fun little project. Used the Yelobird flat iron technique on some areas.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet .Looks way better with the clear nice job .

#9493 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Added some clear PETG https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html washers.
I did the entire playfield yesterday, here's a sampling. Fun little project. Used the Yelobird flat iron technique on some areas.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had to move the out lane posts as my family hates this game because of short ball times .Obviously a big problem is my scoop that’s been posted but JJP is sending out a new snubber hood so I’ll bring it to work and drill swivel slots so I can get that ball to the left flipper .Something is definitly off on my pin in that area I’ll take pics when I have it apart again which won’t be for a few weeks can’t find the time .

#9495 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Thanks for the update, I'm really curious to see the hole alignments you have there causing that issue, It'll get fixed, just stay with it..One day you'll have that Eureka moment and solve it

Thanks I’ll get it with new snubber I will drill holes to swing further but I’m not getting why I have to do this I havnt heard of anyone having this issue but it’s there for sure .It will help slot next time to post pics and get input the more eyes the better .

#9509 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah I wasn’t gonna say anything, but I have a feeling JJP GNR went up in value after these last couple of Stern releases. Not saying they aren’t good, they are. This pin just set a very high bar that we might not see crossed (even by JJP) for a while (if ever)

I hear ya .I will never say “bolted to the floor “ again as I would be a hypocrite for selling my WOZRR.On that note I have 0 issues with dumping $$ in this one to mold it to my liking as it is far and beyond the best pinball machine ever made .Case in point you get real good at it blah blah you have 21 songs to constantly try to beat a high score .This pin stands on its own .

#9563 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m officially in the club
[quoted image]

Congrats ,clear your schedule

#9581 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Can someone enlighten us on what exact moment the game takes your picture? So many pics of me staring at my dick lol I can’t figure it out

Lmfao

#9582 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I get them off the stand up targets right in front of the left ramp and they would drain down the out lane too. I think that disk is there just to protect the light but am confused how it’s helpful. The fix for this is to go to Lowe’s or any hardware store that sells clear corner protector used to protect wallpaper edges. Cut it down and use the plastic screws to keep it in place. Solved my problem. There are a few pics on here in earlier posts. For my machine it was mandatory to prevent this air ball drain at really inopportune times ruining a good game.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Miller-LLC-48-in-Plastic-Corner-Guards/1184387?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-pnt-_-google-_-lia-_-133-_-thinnersandsolvents-_-1184387-_-0&placeholder=null&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4v2EBhCtARIsACan3ny7vVMFXz3qMC9q-cKmSiKmKrzFQKCvOkEaHvwZ1Q-JhInXDzx-8XUaAmD2EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks for the info

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9807 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Success!! Minor tweak to the left pawl on the flipper and now I can backhand the left ramp with a +2 on the flipper (probably be better once my PinMonk fans get here)..It was a slight, slight, slight correction and bam, all the difference in the world. Can still make the right orbit and it doesn't feel like I'm exploiting the left ramp...it's not a guarantee and feels like I have to aim for it...not too easy.

Great feeling when you figure something out and get a pin locked in .To me that’s as satisfying as flipping .Congrats bud !I’m down with a scoop issue and have been too busy lately but I will get it worked out this weekend with some free time that unfortunatly popped up .

#9809 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Very very true...good luck with the scoop!

Thanks FF I’ll get it right .The funny thing is, as much fun as I had playing it without noticing the issue I’ll be double exited to start it up again when fixed.Hands down the most exiting pin I’ve ever played .My kids are bugging me to get it right and I will .I can relate to this pin personally as theres work to do before you get the payoff .Work hard ,play hard thats how I roll and is there a better phrase to describe the feeling when a song starts ? Heeeel no ! Lmao

#9864 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Posted these on the other thread. Unacceptable for a new game.
[quoted image]

Looking at that picture it seems to me metal washers are the worst thing you can put under a post that’s threaded into a PF.I would think the best thing to use would be a rubber washer .It needs to have “give”.I used to build high rises years ago and that’s exactly why we built them to sway.A post on a pinball machine is no different except getting hit by a steel ball going ?70 mph is more severe than a 70 mph wind burst .Now that I’m thinking of this I’m going to put a thin rubber washer under every post .If I can find them like 1/16 or 1/32 in width I don’t think I would lose must action .Best of luck bud I’d try the yellobird iron on that and when I get to installing these and test them I’ll post on it .Best of luck to all this pin is too much fun to give up on

#9867 2 years ago

Bingo

5907E96C-4D16-48CE-8881-B8E1E4C14C72 (resized).png5907E96C-4D16-48CE-8881-B8E1E4C14C72 (resized).png9AA8AB4D-7294-4A22-AC6A-15F18CD92C99 (resized).png9AA8AB4D-7294-4A22-AC6A-15F18CD92C99 (resized).png
#9869 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just be careful. Some kinds of rubber blends can interact poorly with the clear. Maybe do a test one or two in an out of sight area for a while first.

That’s a great idea I’ll do that as I have no issues yet it can’t hurt .I like experimenting I have a “never give up “ attitude .Thabks for that last IMDN order bud can’t wait to dress her up .

#9870 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just be careful. Some kinds of rubber blends can interact poorly with the clear. Maybe do a test one or two in an out of sight area for a while first.

Or maybe put something like a “stick on “ material on the underneath that will not effect it ? Any suggestions would be welcomed .

#10209 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can't agree more. In most Any trouble shooting exercise the safe bet is to ask "what is the last thing we did". For CPR and Mirco the answer seems to be Digital printing. Fairly common knowledge even to those that just paint a simple fence. The quality of the end product is how you prepare the foundation. The best clear or paint means Nothing with a crap primer or prepared surface.

well put my friend

#10320 2 years ago

Happy weekend to all .I finally have the time for the “scoop from hell”.They sent a new snubber bracket and Im still where I was .Seems the holes drilled into PF are way off .Setting it as is in holes is nowhere close .I drilled the snubber last time slightly and that wasn’t enough .Ill try to drill further just because i want to play the thing real bad but does anyone have any suggestions as if i drill the holes wide to swivel i believe it will be an ongoing problem coming loose here n there .As always much appreciated .

3509EE4A-C711-4193-B5E6-3F08CF71D92B (resized).jpeg3509EE4A-C711-4193-B5E6-3F08CF71D92B (resized).jpegB32E3384-ABFC-46EA-8F46-657700BCD708 (resized).jpegB32E3384-ABFC-46EA-8F46-657700BCD708 (resized).jpeg3CE2C865-63A9-4A0D-A6A1-6B776DBA2783 (resized).jpeg3CE2C865-63A9-4A0D-A6A1-6B776DBA2783 (resized).jpeg3991E4F8-6A3F-4083-9D0F-B35D7408064C (resized).jpeg3991E4F8-6A3F-4083-9D0F-B35D7408064C (resized).jpeg
#10323 2 years ago

definitly drilled facing the wrong way .I’ll also have to drill the end of the left side also to miss the ball lock .There won’t be much left of left side after that

2A12E4F7-BC64-429E-AD3C-90071B37F48F (resized).png2A12E4F7-BC64-429E-AD3C-90071B37F48F (resized).png
#10326 2 years ago

does anyone have a picture like this with scoop open i want to compare before i try something

2608144E-E3FF-4EBC-8F3F-1B29C2B2A567 (resized).png2608144E-E3FF-4EBC-8F3F-1B29C2B2A567 (resized).png
#10350 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's what I have when I put my cliffy scoop on ...sorry I don't have any of just the holes.
You can see my scoop hood though. In the factory versus what I bent it to
Have you just tried screwing the hood to a piece of wood then using pliers, bend it to the left...it's pretty malleable and doesn't take much....Yours doesn't look like it would need much adjusting...I wouldn't cut swivel holes...your scoop hood bracket would be jutting out into the scoop hole possibly causing interferece or strange reject deflections
Factory
[quoted image]
Bent
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks FF ,and thanks to all.My first thought was pliers but it didn’t seem right after i had loosened and swung the original.After exhausting every option in settings ,toying with leveling ,and nudging like SR i drilled both holes, widening the range of both to swing left.I would guess 1/4 inch each and still couldn’t touch the flipper .JJP sent a new snubber ,so this time i kept the right hole as is and drilled the left 3/8 inch swinging left .Then took off 1/8 off the back as it was touching the ball lock .Next polished up and laid mylar on the underside .It’s now in the sweet spot and Im at peace (after I get a T nut the right is MIA).Out of curiosity does anyone have any thoughts on the matter because i’m still thinking either the fastener holes are off or the scoop hole is .last but not least big shout out to modcouple on the shadow box

12628844-468A-4B97-9B68-8DDD06348D03 (resized).jpeg12628844-468A-4B97-9B68-8DDD06348D03 (resized).jpeg9FF7138B-189D-4006-A545-4DC56829CCF6 (resized).jpeg9FF7138B-189D-4006-A545-4DC56829CCF6 (resized).jpeg0FF4D9D4-8945-49A8-AB9D-0F8EAD920D29 (resized).jpeg0FF4D9D4-8945-49A8-AB9D-0F8EAD920D29 (resized).jpegCC874AB8-D54B-47CE-9E09-F5B81829027C (resized).jpegCC874AB8-D54B-47CE-9E09-F5B81829027C (resized).jpeg
#10366 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah, alignment looks way off, sorry I can't help with pics atm, still waiting for my game. You may want to check/replace your balls ? Pf looking scuffed up, should polish out.

We only have about 40 plays on it .lI did put new titan pinballs in last night .I keep my pins clean but 40 plays?

#10483 2 years ago

Has anyone figured out anything about the fog target ? When I was customizing the snubber to work I saw this under the playfield just hanging free and it lead to the fog target area .My best guess is this has something to do with the topper coming out .Any thoughts ?

0C691C01-D94D-49B8-A4DF-824AACA7E300 (resized).png0C691C01-D94D-49B8-A4DF-824AACA7E300 (resized).png
#10607 2 years ago

Is anyone else using post it’s with patches ? I’m doing 2 in each bottom corner until I get them down .This is worse than the ACT test.This pin has so much going on like when you get a patch set for a certain song then you think all is good in life until you have to hit that albums target enough times to get the song on deck .Then if that’s not enough hit the scoop to start the song without hitting another target by accident all the while you better have built up your ball locks and song value .Man I do not understand the “nay sayers “ on this one .Must not have tried to play it right I guess .

#10608 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m so sick of OCDing about my playfield, this game just rocks

Damn straight !

#10613 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You can just press the action button when the song is starting (you get 3 seconds) and then pick whatever song you want. That’s what I do, No need to hit death targets.

less scoring if you pick your song brings down the song value .Not sure on the actual amount though .

#10688 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

LE 952 has landed.
[quoted image]

“welcome aboard kid .”

#10690 2 years ago

poll question ...Am i being a weirdo ? ..Got 2 boys 12/13 n they have 3 kids staying over .Looks like they all drank red bull bouncing off walls .I told them complete BS on why 3 Pins are unplayable (Gnr Imdn Dp)n left Family Guy to take the abuse .I’m fine when they’re relaxed but they look like a Hype train if you will .I’m panicked to the point where I want to install booby traps to inflict pain like a mouse trap if they disobey and push start on my most treasured .I’ve never been in this situation before looking for guidance .My OCD is at a level i’ve never been to I’m shaking like leaf .Please help.

#10693 2 years ago

If you are worried about people breaking your pins you shouldn’t own them. Visit them on site and you’ll never have to worry. On the other hand, even if they damage them, it will be something you can teach them how to fix. And make them bring you beers and a burger. PS, your kid and friends were drunk. Sorry, not Sorry

lmfao .I’m on vaca this week but still working a sider . I was in a bind then collected myself n took them all down to play .I explained quick like what they want to shoot for then they took control .Lots o fun they actually were asking ?s.I’m starting a league this fall (one member just bought his first )now i’m thinking about a youngster league also .That’s the whole thing about pinball .It gets faces away from the screen and puts them to use .There is no better hobby !

#10694 2 years ago

If you are worried about people breaking your pins you shouldn’t own them. Visit them on site and you’ll never have to worry. On the other hand, even if they damage them, it will be something you can teach them how to fix. And make them bring you beers and a burger. PS, your kid and friends were drunk. Sorry, not Sorry

u the best Chaka

#10696 2 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Eh, let them play. They can’t do worse damage than you just playing it.

Well put .This is what it’s about .The youngsters will have to carry this hobby eventually .Until then give me Black Sabbath ,Friday the 13th,Godzilla ,The Shining ,blah blah because after that the tic tic gen is taking over with themes like .....Tic Toc .

#10697 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:Well that’s sound like the right way. I learned a lot growing up on pins. Sounds like you’re on the right path. Good luck

I took them both on trips to get the pin they wanted .It has been a great bonding experience and both had to help w the mods they picked out . Honestly it’s been a great connection for us .

250C3293-49F2-4FA4-9D2B-EB6E8A1F8CC7 (resized).jpeg250C3293-49F2-4FA4-9D2B-EB6E8A1F8CC7 (resized).jpeg3DD0740B-EED9-4D72-96A0-CAB1D0B12119 (resized).jpeg3DD0740B-EED9-4D72-96A0-CAB1D0B12119 (resized).jpeg7A981255-DE03-4D81-B435-B002C687E0E0 (resized).jpeg7A981255-DE03-4D81-B435-B002C687E0E0 (resized).jpeg
#10822 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Has anyone installed mirror blades? I purchased some but it looks like there isn’t enough room on both sides. One side looks like it would clear, but the other would be too tight and the Playfield will not shift over. Everytime I set the Playfield down, it seats where it wants to seat and there’s no shifting it to make room for the mirror blade. Thoughts?

I heard this pin is tight for mirrors .I just put them on my DP and took the middle screws out they were catching .When i get time i’m going to try a countersink bit on the blade to see if it helps .Very careful like because the screw head needs to catch and hold .Other option i’m thinking about is a adhesive dabbed in 6-8 spots .Either way get blade protectors whichever route you choose especially mirror blades .I wanted them but am waiting to see what pingraffix comes up with but they’ve been quiet recently .

#10839 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why not surround the edge of the scoop with Mylar, then if you want added protection put the cliffy on top?

Mine came like that .You can see it goes just beneath Mystery and to the right close to the record .

75358EF6-22B1-445E-A587-2D96572DB540 (resized).png75358EF6-22B1-445E-A587-2D96572DB540 (resized).png
#10841 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does it go all the way to the edge of the scoop where the artwork ends? That’s the most fragile part.

To the wood .You can see in this pic .Then left just above the band members head .

CE62FB63-D9B0-4D21-ACE5-0ABD031E7778 (resized).pngCE62FB63-D9B0-4D21-ACE5-0ABD031E7778 (resized).png
#10843 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s good. Makes me wonder how the previous poster had a chip come off then. Maybe theirs had no Mylar?

Maybe his was early .I received mine early April .

#10846 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

center scoop damage is hit or miss
I have a first run SE and never had any damage on the center scoop after 500 or so plays
I now have a cliffy just in case though

Im with what you had said before .I’m done worrying about the PF.I’ll take advice from the vets for sure and do what’s necessary but this pin is so much fun we’re just going to play the shit out of it .I feel bad for some people had some serious damage but I would advise not to give up on it .I don’t think we’ll ever see a pin in a museum behind glass so let’s rock!!

#10847 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, game #1028 finally came after an 8 month wait. Seems to have been worth the wait but it did arrive with the usual litany of NIB problems. The latch bar would not lock, the right flipper coil fell after 10 plays due to the coil stop screws falling out, the start button had 2 connectors not tied to it, and one connector for the upper left lane was not connected. Got them all fixed and I am really enjoying the game now. It really is a bit multi-ball heavy though. But, the shaker seems too intense and I am afraid it will shake my second floor loose. Short of disconnecting it, does anyone know how to lower the shaker effect? I can't find anything in the manual or the game menu. Also, my game does have factory installed washers (May 21 build date) but should I also install the Mylar washers that Yelobird sells? Thanks in advance for any guidance/tips.
[quoted image]

The multi balls will get really enjoyable when you start learning the game .Need a packed chamber before you hit that scoop to start a song .

#10854 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Also does anyone know how to adjust the angle that scoop fires out at? Mine is way towards the center compared to the ones I see on stream and I was exploring how to adjust that when the chip happened.

Thats a touchy subject for me lmao .Follow what the vets say .

#10855 2 years ago

Has anyone heard anything from pingraffix as far as mirror or power blades ?

#10971 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This should be fun!!![quoted image]

Is the opener Wolfgang VHs band ?

#10972 2 years ago

I put my glasses on .Can’t wait to hear Mammoth .I believe it was VH original band name .

#10984 2 years ago

I’m starting to have a plan nightly now to try to understand the scoring more .Tonight’s goal get to Jungle with both the gun and rose patch .What other patches (if time lmao) would you suggest ? I was thinking bra/undies for double scoring do these patches stack like that ?

#10995 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For scoring: fender! Possibly best patch in game.
Next 2 for scoring: Vader and Duff skull. They are right next to each other (and 5 clicks away from fender) so easy to access.

Thanks for the tips .Went decent last night, I drained a couple of times trying to hit the appetite target to switch song .Then I had built up nicely on the last ball of my last game so I just switched to jungle so could see it through . I couldn’t get the ball cradled at the end to collect the jackpot which was very frustrating but that’s what this is all about .Will be going for the same tonight hopefully with a payoff so i can move onward to another “plot”.Soooooo much fun !

#10999 2 years ago
Quoted from sanantoniopinhea:

Just an update on shipping. I ordered on 10/11/20 directly from JJP and just got the email a moment ago regarding the pinball shipping this week. If you ordered close to this date you should be getting notification soon!

congrats

#11118 2 years ago

I’m cranking my spare snubber down with pliers on a piece of wood tonight before I install it .That being said ,if anyone has a pic like this can you please send ..I just want to know if those 2 holes to mount snubber bracket on should be parallel to the back side of the scoop which obviously are not .I had a couple people tell me these are off from where theres are at but no pictures yet .Thanks for the help .Whatever the deal is I’ll be rocking tonight

03EA8BD8-5CE8-4CD5-AC6B-1DBD53E50EBC (resized).jpeg03EA8BD8-5CE8-4CD5-AC6B-1DBD53E50EBC (resized).jpeg
#11166 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

If anyone knows him personally, tell him he’s already missed. I have so many of his posts saved, I know I owe him a beer. Man that’s such a shame.

i second that .

#11260 2 years ago

Can anyone elaborate on this a bit please .What does it mean by “all 3 in lanes can be cycled to move GnR letters “.I’m struggling with patch collecting I’ve noticed sometime I nudge them ball to the GNR lane and it doesn’t register a letter also I’ve let balls drop from UPF and not advanced a letter .Trying to understand this .I’m finally playing consistently better I’m trying to learn a little more every play the game is slowing down finally

C1A72AF7-FDC8-4F4D-B50F-C98998D3A559 (resized).pngC1A72AF7-FDC8-4F4D-B50F-C98998D3A559 (resized).png
#11261 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I just go ham and and I also try and bring in all 4 booster mb at the same time if I can.

watching Karl’s streams it looks like he sets up the boosters all before bringing MB in is this a fair assessment ?

#11263 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Not sure why your letters aren't registering. You should be spotted a letter from the UPF when not in song mode or the G N R lane. Might have a finicky switch or opto? Just guessing. You should be able to cycle the letters through all 3 lanes. For example you get an A in the Amp lane..you can hit the right flipper and move it to the G N R lane so now you would have a lit G...you could also switch it back to the A M P lane and have your A back. It works the same through all 3 lanes as well as the top AXL lanes.

Thank you .Is that timed after the switch is rolled over ? Like do you just have a short time to switch it over before it sticks ?

#11264 2 years ago

I’ve never noticed this .The pin has been very fast thinking for me lmao .So much going on it’s awsome .

#11497 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

You wont be disappointed.

Ive been waiting on Pingraffix .High quality blades can’t wait to see what they throw down .Thanks for the heads up .

#11541 2 years ago

Let me start by saying I truly love the style of play .It’s Unique which I’m all about with a modest collection .I’ve been in touch with JJP on this but can someone please ,please send a pic of your scoop undressed . This is my Achilles heal and I can’t seem to get it right .Does your holes for the snubber run parallel with the back of the scoop insert or is it off centered like mine ?A few people have told me these holes are way off but have not received a pic as I’m guessing not many ,If any have taken the UPF apart as much as I have .This is a dream pin for me but it’s getting frustrating .The base of the snubber does not allow me the room to drill out enough to get the ball center left flipper .Yes I understand ,I’m still new but I’m not incompetent .This shit is right up my ally as far as what I do for a living .Please if anyone can help I’d greatly appreciate it ,We want to enjoy this game .I will be turning the pliers on my last scoop and hopefully will work (thanks Chuckwurt)but I need to know first and foremost are these holes in the right place .Thanks to all for help

54C979AD-3D36-42F7-A3AC-44B90CE1D1EB (resized).png54C979AD-3D36-42F7-A3AC-44B90CE1D1EB (resized).png97ED67D7-3A68-49B5-A13C-D21D828C4136 (resized).jpeg97ED67D7-3A68-49B5-A13C-D21D828C4136 (resized).jpeg
#11624 2 years ago

I’ve thought of increasing the song ball save time just to let balls drain as they take a little time to come back in play .Just to try to get more time with 1-2 balls before the chaos begins.Any thoughts on this theory?

#11626 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Doesn’t sound good in theory to me. But does get me thinking. I wonder if KEEFER can use his brainpower to create some kind of rule:
• reduce ball saver time drastically
• songs start with one ball
• lockdown bar button is then used to add your additional ‘locked’ balls into play. So if you have 4 locked balls at the beginning of a song, then you get to use the action button at anytime to add a ball into play. The more balls you have in play, the higher your song level. out lane switch temporary disables the action button.
I don’t know. Food for thought. A little late in the game to change those rules though probably.

That’s very interesting I like it .Either way I love this pin it’s so exiting .It’s just if you do what’s correct and lock the 6 it’s so hard to hit anything your aiming for .I find myself just starring at the flippers until I get down to 3 balls .

#11627 2 years ago

I must add I probably lock 6 every 12-15 songs lmao .

#11748 2 years ago

Finally grew a brain cell n listened to the vets w the scoop .Pull off ,screw to 2x4. use tape on hood ,squeeze pliers and twist sweet spot 10/10 shots .Apologies for all the chaos .The GnR lane was just the switch was twisted up bent back to match others wallah.Have 1 pooling post (the one by the A),will be using the small iron before installing the mylar ring n I don’t care after that this game is the shit .Funny thing is after fixed those issues last night played a game with a quick drain first ball just trying to see if all worked .Started 2 songs Better 144 and This ILove 117 (stared at my dick during instead of looking for shots) then the Slash solo (They can’t wreck the masters solo w this scoring much longer)and ended with my highest score yet 27.6.Great night and thanks to all for the help.

#11749 2 years ago

Oh and if someone has Dereks number call him and get him back in the mix .It’s boring without him .

#11765 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Glad to see you got it straightened out...I mean bent It's tough at first to start fabricating and tweaking your games, but after a while you don't think twice about correcting the mistakes the factory overlooked.

Thanks FF ,there wasn’t a second that I thought of bailing on this pin .Way too much fun .Nothing like hitting a jackpot .I’m finishing up a after work job and looking forward to only working my day gig for a couple months .Now Ill really get some serious play in finally .

#11929 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do others have these two wires that go to nowhere? This is in the bottom left of the playfield when raised.[quoted image]

Yes .I just used those for a start button mod I purchased .

#12013 2 years ago

Man this pin is exhausting when you get a couple good ones back to back .

#12216 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Anyone have a solution?

I went through this .There’s 1 solution .Pull the hood out ,screw it to a board ,Put painters tape around it ,then take you pliers and twist toward the left just a little bit .

#12288 2 years ago

Not from Detroit nor complaining but I’m baffled how this one wasn’t used anywhere unless I’m missing it ?

2486722E-4D50-4EAE-BECD-43FF5B28CE9C (resized).jpeg2486722E-4D50-4EAE-BECD-43FF5B28CE9C (resized).jpeg
#12289 2 years ago

Does anyone know if PG is coming out with mirror or power blades ?

#12290 2 years ago

On another note I am from Chicago and this is badass ! Might sway me .

E54D2E60-9750-49E5-A7D5-1E180C541C59 (resized).pngE54D2E60-9750-49E5-A7D5-1E180C541C59 (resized).png
#12291 2 years ago

Cleared up a bit

56C5FD8C-91EF-4143-833F-EF94150A3640 (resized).jpeg56C5FD8C-91EF-4143-833F-EF94150A3640 (resized).jpeg
#12293 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's on the right cabinet artwork. Cool poster.
[quoted image]

Lmao

#12294 2 years ago

After that going back into hiding

#12295 2 years ago

In my defense I have a barrier covering that side as it’s the first pin entering downstairs .As I said before my lil guy is famous for “accidents” lmao

#12382 2 years ago

Did the 1.22 just come out today ?

#12388 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
LTG : )

My bad ,I just seen I downloaded 1.22 yesterday but don’t remember seeing “new” next to it yesterday .

#12394 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Fitted the Cliffy protector at the scoop- went pretty well, took me about 2 hrs.
Took a break before re connecting the upper playfield wires.. and can’t remember if I unplugged these two from each other.. yellow wires
Actually they are both female so no idea - an little help!?[quoted image][quoted image]

I know there was at least 1 set of wires that was open not sure on the second i’ll look back in my pics .

#12395 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Fitted the Cliffy protector at the scoop- went pretty well, took me about 2 hrs.
Took a break before re connecting the upper playfield wires.. and can’t remember if I unplugged these two from each other.. yellow wires
Actually they are both female so no idea - an little help!?[quoted image][quoted image]

this should help

1AFD047D-7773-41D2-8BFA-933738B75E04 (resized).png1AFD047D-7773-41D2-8BFA-933738B75E04 (resized).png
#12603 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks. April 2021 build.

Same build date .Waiting on response .Was going to install mylar rings n large washers but the art pulled away when taking the metal washers off .

1B6CD778-469E-4DD1-8E0B-5A50257A4838 (resized).jpeg1B6CD778-469E-4DD1-8E0B-5A50257A4838 (resized).jpeg2C2A90AD-BE3D-4AF4-8301-6891A7C91C74 (resized).png2C2A90AD-BE3D-4AF4-8301-6891A7C91C74 (resized).png584C7155-A839-41A4-88E2-A1569BE5950E (resized).jpeg584C7155-A839-41A4-88E2-A1569BE5950E (resized).jpeg7F0863B7-427B-4EE4-B66C-58C7FF385606 (resized).png7F0863B7-427B-4EE4-B66C-58C7FF385606 (resized).png7F33B4B9-1B39-4638-A402-2FB824EA9416 (resized).jpeg7F33B4B9-1B39-4638-A402-2FB824EA9416 (resized).jpegAFE640AC-4738-46E4-B21E-B47C482B002F (resized).pngAFE640AC-4738-46E4-B21E-B47C482B002F (resized).pngE60156A5-4CA6-4A05-8FA4-3F10EE30BC72 (resized).jpegE60156A5-4CA6-4A05-8FA4-3F10EE30BC72 (resized).jpeg
#12608 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Should all the posts at the outlanes have rubbers on?
My game on left only 1 post had one on

The ones left off were on purpose .Your all good .

#12609 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Do the playfields with issues have this under the playfield? [quoted image]

what is that ?

#12611 2 years ago

I thought he was talking about the blueish hue on the rag .

#12622 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sucks for sure. Mylar ring + JJP black washer and you’ll be back in biz.

His looks like mine where even the bigger washers won’t cover the chipped area .

#12624 2 years ago
Quoted from HeyZeusss666:

All of my scores are posted on scorbit. HeyZeusss666 if you want to follow me. Karl D has a score over 750mil on scorebit. I'm on a CE and I'm not sure if comnbines the scores with the le's.

That’s insane .I couldn’t imagine a hour long game on this .I would need a blood transfusion after .

1 week later
#12947 2 years ago
Quoted from Str8nm:

Just picked up my LE. Machine is leveled. Everything out of the VIP chute goes straight down the middle and drains. How can I fix this? Couldn't find an old post on this? TIA

I tried drilling holes on hood to swing to the left but eventually had to screw it to a board and twist it with pliers .After that it’s mid flipper every time .

#13118 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Anyone else suck at Civil War and Coma or is it just me?
This is after 362 plays.
[quoted image]

Going by your chart I suck at everything although I may have topped you in those 2 .My problem is it sitting unplugged for 1/2 the time it’s been here .I have to do the bulletproof kit n washers altogether and can’t find time until next week probably .

#13119 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Also, during a song, you can reset the timer by getting the ball to the upper playfield and then shooting the ball into the VUK.

Thanks for the tip I did not know this .

1 week later
#13478 2 years ago

I’ll stay nice in this thread .I agree the robot eye start button with the trumpanzee control is perfect ! Also the modcouple shadowbox is a must looks incredible and the flipper toppers are second to none ,I even feel the extra weight adds a little muscle to them if that makes sense .I’m finally on vacation from my regular job this week so Monday I’m taking kids on a fishing charter as school starts mid week but I’ve cleared my schedual after to get the kit and new rubbers installed so we can get back at this adrenalin rush .Just please understand ,I’d imagine most of us with the PF issues just want a personal call on the subject with a plan (whatever it may be) in place .Everyone’s case is different and should be addressed as such .As far as I go I just want honest closure and move on from there .I have always stuck to my guns (no pun ) that I truly love this pin and am sticking with it no matter ,just please JJP show us some respect and you’ll be rewarded with lifetime customers .To all enjoy your games that’s what it’s there for .That’s why we buy these it’s entertainment at its best .

3F756820-F0E1-44F3-849D-CEE0FB51A96D (resized).jpeg3F756820-F0E1-44F3-849D-CEE0FB51A96D (resized).jpeg41662749-08A8-49FF-87EF-842A89D010D4 (resized).jpeg41662749-08A8-49FF-87EF-842A89D010D4 (resized).jpeg
#13592 2 years ago

But I’m enjoying looking at large box in my living room as I contemplate opening or selling it.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2115acaefb11fe8aab25ee4b92a6c5852ab061a1-1629081671-1800"};
//]]>

I’m in the pissed off crowd and Id say open it and Jamb the Fuck out .It’s incredible ,I just look at it as If I don’t get square ,this will be my last JJP and couldn’t pick a better one.

#13692 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Having had my GNR for 9 mos now. I’d have to say the code updates are coming along, just working on that final stamp of approval…[quoted image]

With the Pirates crew still waiting on they’re update I’m guessing it’s going to be awile.

2 weeks later
#14444 2 years ago

Looks like I’m going to a expo early on saturday

F3270C66-B62F-4E63-A34B-80A7CEFCAB92 (resized).pngF3270C66-B62F-4E63-A34B-80A7CEFCAB92 (resized).png
1 week later
#14908 2 years ago

After 6 weeks finally got some time today to work on it .Got done what was needed to play .Felt nice to play some GnR again .Looks like I’ll finish it off Saturday night and put this in the rear view .

29ACF536-5F59-4342-9892-6A863405900C (resized).jpeg29ACF536-5F59-4342-9892-6A863405900C (resized).jpeg
#14923 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9596619c4e699beaf3a88458ac34407dc555e8ad-1631632041-1800"};
//]]>

Sven's stage mod kit looks great too!

Yeah it sure does ,and at a modest price .Sven did a great job.If you have this coming keep the amp for the bass VUK up about 1/4 -3/8 up from bottoming out .First ball got stuck had to move it up no biggie at all .

#15009 2 years ago

Great night in Chicago!Took my oldest kid to his first concert. Was great to hear Duff on vocals for “I wanna be your dog”.Had to leave early as it was a school night.I could swear I heard them playing “the Seeker” as we were driving by when we left the parking garage and I’m assuming they ended with Paradise City as it wasn’t played earlier.Fantastic show ,couldn’t pick a better one for his first .

547870EA-18B7-4BB9-98D7-FD05DA6F0DF6 (resized).jpeg547870EA-18B7-4BB9-98D7-FD05DA6F0DF6 (resized).jpegBCAE47F3-8F12-41EB-97F8-1BC616F31113 (resized).pngBCAE47F3-8F12-41EB-97F8-1BC616F31113 (resized).pngC30B8085-671C-4BA8-A2A3-E680E0BF6B55 (resized).jpegC30B8085-671C-4BA8-A2A3-E680E0BF6B55 (resized).jpeg
#15016 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

They did play The Seeker, with Slash on a Flying V guitar! You also missed Knockin' on Heaven's Door and of course they ended with Paradise City. You apparently also missed the complete gridlock for miles around the loop with the impromptu Mexico parade. I got home around 1:30.

lmao .Yes he’s an 8th grader we left at the start of night train i believe .I payed a arm n leg to park in garage right next to the park so i could get him to bed early .Was home in Crown Point by 11:20

#15166 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Totally off topic but we just had a massive earthquake , everything's fine but we never have earthquake's . Such a weird feeling

Hope all is ok .Yeah that is strange in your part .Be safe !

1 week later
#15444 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Well, 94 games in the books now on my game. I think I've solved a couple issues but not all.
First of all, playfield looks great so far, no hint of pooling or any other problems yet, so that's good.
I found the autolaunch to be weak, and occasionally taking two tries to launch a ball out. I was able to raise this by just one increment in the coil settings and now it seems perfect.
I found that I was getting a lot of weak flips right into the out lanes and that the left ramp was real hard to get to. I raised the flipper power by one increment in the coil settings and now the game plays much better.
As of right now though, my biggest issue is the center scoop! After about 70 or so games, my center scoop was firing balls SDTM. As suggested in the thread, I slightly loosened the 2 screws holding the center scoop in, then twisted it as far to the left as I could (there was a bit of play so I was able to turn it enough. Re-tightened and it was fantastic. However put 24 more games in the book and the scoop is once again firing the balls SDTM. I know one person in here suggested tilting up the scoop with a washer or two underneath but I don't quite have the dexterity to do that without removing the upper playfield (which I think is beyond my novice abilities, at least for now, maybe I'll build up more confidence).
So basically, I was able to correct the problem, only for the problem to be back within 24 games. Why is the scoop working it's way over like that? Would you suggest lowering the power of the scoop so that it doesn't work it's way out of alignment? I don't know, but I can't be removing my glass after every 25 games, there has to be a more long lasting fix.
Has anybody ever contact JJP Support about this issue? What have they said?

How’s goin bud .I have too many hours to count working on this pin it’s a part time job.Anyway if you want it fixed for good take it out,screw to a piece of wood,put painters tape on hood and twist with pliers down and to the left otherwise it will keep coming loose .

30AC0D16-C17B-4D2F-98DB-F4E7CB8E3154 (resized).jpeg30AC0D16-C17B-4D2F-98DB-F4E7CB8E3154 (resized).jpegB2DA7C35-10CC-4232-9E5B-B5C83AAC1FA9 (resized).jpegB2DA7C35-10CC-4232-9E5B-B5C83AAC1FA9 (resized).jpegB61F4417-534A-447F-98E2-07DDCFBEDF1D (resized).jpegB61F4417-534A-447F-98E2-07DDCFBEDF1D (resized).jpegE6B14309-DF16-452A-BBDB-EBE573667447 (resized).jpegE6B14309-DF16-452A-BBDB-EBE573667447 (resized).jpeg
#15445 2 years ago

Sorr that was supposed to be a side PM oops

#15475 2 years ago

I was upset early on but I’ve done a 180 since .I think zaphX had said something like “why worry over something you can’t control ,play the shit out of it and back yourself up with the new PF next year “.Something like that anyway .I’ve just done the basic areas best I could ,tweaked what I had to tweak ,and have been enjoying the shit out of playing it again .I’m so glad I didn’t sell it .I like pins that break from the norm and this game is on its own .Now for some fans and side art since it’s staying home where it belongs .By the way ,how’s the Scorbit ? I’ll read up on it but was wondering how people are liking it .Thank You to zaphX ,yelobird ,and Mike at GAP for being very helpful when I was losing my shit .Rock on pinheads !

#15643 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I don’t understand: I have a good ball going in Double Talkin Jive, song playing for a few minutes, power chord going, 3 balls on the play field, Jackpot at 11 mil and rising fast, then flippers go dead all 3 balls drain. Is that supposed to happen? Never had a chance to cash in the jackpot.

It happens quick .That’s where you either jump around like you just won the super bowl or fall to the ground crying like you lost it :)Unless your KDE where your just like “coo”.

#15644 2 years ago

KED my bad

2 weeks later
#16487 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Put the machine back together. Lay a pinball on the top edge of the lockdown bar so the ball's on the glass and also touching the lockdown bar. If it doesn't move left or right, you're level enough.
Operator tricks.

Thank you for that little trick buddy.

#16517 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Sorry I should have been more clear. Lower the angle a bit (#2). I was bricking a lot of shots, especially during multi ball. After adjusting the angles I am hitting the left ramp much more often and also the orbits. Scores have definitely gone up and games are lasting longer.
Trade off is it will be more difficult to backhand the left ramp for easy patch collection but I accept the trade off. Game is more fun now

What about raise the left and lower the right ? I was going to try this tonight just for the hell of it .What’s your thoughts ?

#16532 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Long night tonight,,,,,, my gnr is bein delivered tomorrow!! Doubt if I'll sleep

Adult Christmas Eve !

#16744 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Farmer style!! # 1776 showed today, bicentennial number is pretty cool. Sept build , no issues at all. What a great game!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats HF ,I’m glad you got yours bud !!!

#16862 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Raw dog that shit and don’t worry about it.

Lmao

3 weeks later
#17715 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Not gonna lie, I've considered doing that too. For some reason the Center Scoop is the strangest thing for me. If I I don't want it, I hit it non stop. But if I need it to collect an applause jackbot i always bang the ball 'off the goal post' without getting it in. Obviously thats my own short comings as a novice player though. I'm getting a little better though. Maybe.

It’s been on my mind since after the first 20-30 plays .My highs now are 20s-40s .That being said ,I had one of those nights yesterday and missed 2 big ones in consecutive games .The later was 60 plus on Coma ,and I got lucky to have it on the right flipper just as the Lotto countdown began .Yeah I should’ve took a second to breathe but had one of those fucked up feelings where you know your fucked as soon as your fingertip compresses .I should’ve slapped that bitch!!!The Moral of the story is that if I would’ve adjusted the timer in my favor ,I might have had another shot .I might have hit that shot but would I feel the same as I will when I square it up the right way ?

1 week later
#18074 2 years ago

You would have to look in the manual but if the screw doesn’t tighten I’m guessing a missing washer or ring under ? Just guessing .

2 weeks later
#18489 2 years ago

I have come to a conclusion .In my love/hate relationship with this pin (my first NIB) I have sided with love ! I’m still upset over having a brand new “toy”, I spent 9800 for , falling apart from the beginning and being muzzled from the company I purchased it from .But recently I started playing it with the notion that I needed to step aside and just play it without thinking about what happened .Just play the damn thing and come to a conclusion to sell or not .I chose not , and I want to be in the mix to purchase from them again but if I don’t get a reach out , at least to explain themselves over what happened and how they will improve the situation I won’t look they’re way again .I am a pimple on the ass of this hobby but I have morals and so should they .I’m not asking for much ,just a reach out to say your sorry and I’ll be all good going forward .It’s up to you JJP .Do the right thing or lose a fan .

1 month later
#19367 2 years ago

Working on GnR tonight what’s the difference between “full install” and “delta” ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kkoss24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Kkoss24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.