IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Letā€™s see pics of the clear around the posts.

Why? The man spent a packet on this title, finally gets it to rock out and the 1st thing you ask him for is pics on a issue imo that is way over stated. Im sure he checked his game out but geez buddy... give the guy a chance to enjoy it before hitting him up for pics to appease some pinside crowd that probably arnt even invested in one... on an issue that is obviously isolated to a small production number.

#3362 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Itā€™s got lots going for it, but it also has weaknesses.
Same for AIQ.
Neither is perfect.
Iā€™ll be voting for AIQ since it has better shots and gameplay/rules imo. Those are the two most important things in a game for me.
GNR is amazing in all the other facets, but falls short in the shots and gameplay/rules compared to AIQ.
RM will get some votes, but I fully expect a close one between GNR and AIQ. AIQ will probably win solely due to more people having played it.

"This is an owners thread" ...is what the reply would be from you if anyone threw in a negative comment on Stranger things owners thread. Which is cool btw... don't have a problem with it. Just an interesting observation. And yes your comment did have a positive but more negatives thrown in... a good comment tbh. Maybe go easier on people who have a negative comment about ST in that owners thread and direct your negative comment to the other gnr thread if you want to be consistent that is.

1 month later
#4648 3 years ago

I think also there are quite a few newbies in the hobby as a good number of these issues arnt really big issues at all for a seasoned hobbiest (no disrespect to anyone who has posted an issue of course) but I do think that is a factor.

1 month later
#5700 3 years ago

Is there a gnr issues or fix thread with all up to date fixes etc?

#5936 3 years ago

Ok so installed 1.13 with 1.14 patch. Downloaded then it said finishing updating with the red bar.. all sweet. But the current code still says 1.07.

Have I missed an install step

2 weeks later
#6476 3 years ago

Is anyone having issues with their cam lights? My left cam light seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes syncs with the other light when songs are on and sometimes does its own thing.

In test it doesn't respond to left right... only on occasion. I've checked the cabling etc. All seems OK.

#6529 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

And I couldnā€™t convince myself to be happy killing the sweet flow and speed of the SE with an upper play field and ball lock. My brain canā€™t keep track of both a third flipper and upper playfield during 6 ball multiball. To each their own right?

The SE us cool to be sure but the LE upper pf doesn't kill flow at all. I like flowy games and I still prefer the diverter to be down to access that upper pf goodness. The lock shot and vuk are sweet shots to make. In particular the left flipper backhand intovthe guitar lock or vuk... such a smooth feeling when you make it. Each to their own of course but to suggest the SE shoots better is horse shit... jmho

1 week later
#7053 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wonder if i offer my LE up for sale if it will be the first one sold second hand?

If you do you should get quite good coin for it particularly in next couple months. Almost 17k new in Aus however there is a huge wait to get one. I've been offered 18k already for mine... bout a grand diff which some are happy to pay to get it sooner rather waiting up to a year or even longer. Its just what some punters will pay i guess to get one earlier. Crazy market atm.

1 month later
#8220 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I know, itā€™s cool. And no, you canā€™t. You cannot say the same thing about the Hobit or Dialed In, or really any other game.
Once you start to figure out one or two ways to do a little better, and you peel the first layer from that onion, the number of ways to approach the gameplay and to increase your score are insane.
So many ways to play (or not play) this game.
I could compare it to a TiVo. TiVo changed the way we watch TV forever, but the first day you have one there arenā€™t any shows on it so itā€™s not very useful for a while. Once it gets going though, itā€™s mind blowing.

The game is fantastic with so much risk reward make no mistake, but I beg to differ.

I think the game, for all the patch variations etc, is extremely linear when its getting a big score:

Max out all your minor multiballs
Lock balls
Start a song... hopefully get to encore...
Rinse, repeat.

Varying your patches can add to that score in many different ways but the outcome is negligible which path you take with them. the basic premise of said strategy for big scores never changes.

Not knocking the game at all, but it ain't deep... far from it.

1 month later
#9862 2 years ago

Posted these on the other thread. Unacceptable for a new game.

20210319_211056 (resized).jpg20210319_211056 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#13844 2 years ago

Is there a setting to turning off the spotlights/cam lights whatever they are called? As in movement whilst still lit.

#13977 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just wifi updated from 1.04 to 1.23.
i know, don't shame me, but i wasn't installing all the updates that were breaking the machines and i wanted an update that actually had more content and was proved stable.

What are some of the major code improvements you noticed?

3 weeks later
#15001 2 years ago

I watched a video to show how to remove the upper pf a while back, but can't find it now. I think it is Eric doing it. Does anyone have that link? Or know the steps for removing it? Thank you.

#15119 2 years ago

I have a small issue where the left ramp diverter is too low in the down position, and is clipping balls on the inner orbit or when the ball drop from the upper pf. Is there an adjustment or a fix for this? Cheers

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15122 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I asked the exact question a couple weeks ago. Super simple. Loosen the nuts that are located right under the ramp slightly then slide it up and re tighten. I think you pull the playfield out to the first position for easier access.

Awesome thank you. Do you mean the 2 nuts on the diverter?

#15169 2 years ago

I've always just used the bubble to set up my games. They all play just fine. They are there for a reason and they work fine.

Gotto say this thread is one of the most helpful on pinside. Every owner really goes that extra mile to help each other with issues. Good to see the issues are mostly minor fixes too.

3 weeks later
#16134 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just curious after the game boots up and comes to life anyone get a loud solenoid sound? almost like a knocker or an electric solenoid being fired. Its only on start ups and happens once, It everyone time and i cannot isolate where it's coming from.
I asked tech support and they have no idea

The up posts on the guitar neck reset on start up to release any trapped balls that may be there. That would be the coil firing off that you hear.

#16182 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah I get the same.
I don't understand why a clear or release trapped balls would be necessary if a full set of balls is detected in the trough ?

Im guessing it does it iin case the previous player got pissed off and turned the game off before any possible locked balls released on game end, but yeah it should also register in the trough.

#16184 2 years ago

Is there a setting to turn off some of the high score entries?

Its a pain when daily high score name entry comes up at the end of the game and your score is dogshit. Its annoying and I'm typically not a fan of celebrating mediocrity.

1 week later
#16781 2 years ago

I must have a bit of a unicorn as I have had zero

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

This outer orbit is fun as hell once you get the guide rail perfect. I just flipped 4 in a row super fast

Do all games require guide rail adjustment? Mine seems fine, but then again maybe I just havent noticed.

#16891 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Just started having this problem pretty much every game. Tonight at one point I had 3 balls stuck while the applause jackpot burnt out.
The gap between the ramp and drum sticks is too big. And the gate is too small. This is a really poor design to be honest. Like, it's really bad actually. There is no reason to not make a more accurate and better fitting ramp as well as a gate that is long enough and actually fits the spot.
I'm going to try a couple things tomorrow at some point. 1. Lengthen the gate so it gets to the vertical.part of the ramp and diverts the ball down the sticks.
2. Get the ramp closer as well as higher so it directs the ball down the sticks.
Not sure how this passed q.c. it's a super poorly made ramp design. Imagine the lines on a car. You don't want that much gap AND you want it to be even/straight. This is hideous and inexcusable. Hahaha.
I'll update after I mess with it.

I made a couple of small adjustments and I no longer have ball hang ups or rejects back through the gate.
I placed a small piece of rubber to fill the gap between plastic ramp and the drumstick.also bent the gate slightly back towards the ramp entry.
I love the innovation and theme integration of the drum stick ramp but the design execution is objectively shit. The plastic ramp should have continued over the sticks to a clean 180 turn around then drop onto the sticks (similar to the right ramp set up on stranger things. Just my observation.

#16898 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

All.
Of.
This.
That damn skull. Ugh. Get OUT of the way!
Announcements would be great!
And again... Skip slash solo option. Please.

As soon as I see slash solo lit I simply submit to the fact that I now must lock 6 balls to get the next song going. I know its required for no sympathy for the devil wm but it either needs to be lucrative scorewise or a skip option. In fact all the mini wizards to need a real boost up in scoring opportunities. They are simply not worth the time of day to complete.

1 week later
#17288 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Ok, my GnR was delivered last week and I'll start by saying, wow, it was worth the ten month wait! As for NIB/delivery issues, other than adjusting the lock-down bar, the game was near perfect! But jump back some months ago when all the PF issues were coming to light and I gotta say, I was seriously considering backing out (glad I didn't).
Anyway, pre-emptively I purchased, Cliffys, PETG washers, larger T-nuts, and some B/W posts, and for the past few days I've been hopefully "bullet-proofing" the pin. But I have to say, I'm not sure any of this stuff (other than the Cliffys) is necessary. Seems like JJP has done their best to mitigate the PF issues with washers (black), lock nuts, and longer/thicker posts. It's also possible the later PFs cured longer (mine has an October manufacture date on the back edge). Only time and game play will tell, but it does seem like lately there's been fewer people posting about PF delamination.
For me, I enjoy breaking down any pin I acquire (new or old), so adding the washers and a couple longer T-nuts (what a PITA), was mostly therapeutic lol. But again, imo with these later builds I'm not sure it's necessary.
Here's some pics of my over-kill...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good job. You dont seem to have used the B/W posts (thicker base) below the top lanes... there should be 2. Plus 1 on the upper pf. I would be changing those posts out quick sticks as the petg washers wont do shit after a while. Its an unfortunate fact but these playfields are still having problems specifically if you dont replace those 3 troublesome posts. How many games are on the game when those pics were taken? just curious. Not trying to alarm you as youve made a great start but i would also be putting silicon washers under the petg to absorb ball impact onto posts. The silicon helps prevent the posts/washers from digging into the pf and creating pooling and chipping problems.
20210920_144911 (resized).jpg20210920_144911 (resized).jpg

20211015_191059 (resized).jpg20211015_191059 (resized).jpg
#17292 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Thanks. For those two posts (below the Axl lanes) I used the longer T-nuts, so the B/W posts won't work. Btw, the posts used by JJP are just as thick as the B/W. As for the silicon washers, it's conceivable they could do more harm than good by introducing additional movement? Anyway, I decided to pass on those. There's also the question of keeping the metal washers (which I did); they will provide more even pressure across the center of the PETG washer, but also prevent the washer from flexing up at the perimeter as much. Who really knows, we're all just guessing!
[quoted image]

Ahhh interesting. My games factory posts were definitely thinner, May build i think.

#17359 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I've started following a couple of local Aussies on Scorbit, If you want to follow me I'm TEZ (didn't know which was the initials on the game & which was username lol)
Let the mere mortal scoring begin!

Id like to try a challenge or something but im still getting my head around it all. Not sure how it works. Ive set up an account etc but have no idea how you request or join a challenge.

#17390 2 years ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

The New Ultra + Pinstadium Concert Editions are beyond description. I was lucky enough to be a recipient of the first run of 50 Concert Editions. They improved the game so much in every way. They did not change the light show that Eric designed - they enhanced it. Most criticisms I have read have never seen these in person. I cannot tell you how much these improve visibility and add to the WOW factor of this game. Then Scott went and added Ultra +. I am speechless with the impact these lights have on this game. It is really amazing. This and the Pinwoofer mod make this game off the charts and without comparison. Unlike other games where you have to elect what flasher to connect Pinstadiums to, these completely sync with the game in every way. I love them so much much I paid full price for the updates (and no I am not trying to sell my first set for $650). Please PM me if you need any other information. If you have GNR, you have to get these as soon as Scott makes them available again.

Pinstadiums are a waste of coin at the best of times. Particularly on gnr. My gnr is a lightshow masterpiece without them and I doubt adding pinstadiums would do anything but water down the stock lighting effects... which are the best I've ever seen. Oh wait... I didn't see the word "Ultra" added in the product description. I may be wrong.

#17460 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

This is good to know.
Because mine are set to arrive tomorrow!!!!! Did not go with ultra. I felt it was a little overkill honestly.
But I'm beyond stoked to see what these bad boys will do.

This is a joke. 99% of pins benefit greatly from pinstadium lighting. New and old.
I doubt g'n'r will be any different and they should really enhance the entire experience.
I'm seriously considering pinwoofer next but I seldom play it up really loud.

You're absolutely right with the 99%... the one game in a 100 that doesn't benefit from those overpriced souped up $2.50 led strips is the lightshow masterpiece that is gnr

Maybe if they bring out an Ultra 2 super plus triple premium set, they might improve the game... might.

1 month later
#18643 2 years ago

Getting end of stroke stuck open errors for upper flippers. Anybody have an idea what the source of the issue could be. I've done all the basic checking under the hood etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=John1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.