IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HarryReimer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5070 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it. Beautiful and plays great right out of the box. All connections to the topper are there as well. Only small issue is the spring to the plunger is to weak. It wonā€™t even make it past the gate. I can switch out the but the ones I have are too powerful so the skill shot is to hard to make. Other than that, Iā€™m loving it. See ya later. Going back to learn new stuff.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is a work of art. Congrats!

1 month later
#6973 3 years ago

My wonka had that missing too.. That is terrifying when it slips off the rail, my wonka never did thankfully I discovered it was missing before that happened. I had to cut a peice to fit it and paint it.

1 month later
#8033 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Off the plunge?

It craclks me up when someone is willing to drop 10k+ on a pin, then is completely outraged about a 50 cent rubber.
Just buy Titans. Have them on hand. Replace them when they need to be.
Really a petty thing to bitch about IMO.

Its not really. This has been an issue since launch. Easy to fix. You and the other folks here can fix it easily, its no big deal. I know people who do not know how to take the glass off. This is now a luxury item, you dont expect to buy a mercedes benz and have the steering wheel start peeling...

You know why this is going on. Same reason Stern coil stops are garbage, they bought 10,000 of these rubbers and they are committed.

What puzzles me is WTF does JJP not hold its vendors accountable? When playfields start chipping MIRCO should pay for it. Send these rubbers BACK to the vendor.

#8035 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I mean...they even threw in spares in the coin box.

I do love your optimism. Why would I want another crap set of rubbers... Like yes, our burger tastes awful.., here have a free one.

#8041 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It keeps the game from being unplayable while you wait for new ones to land.

Brillant. Again, you are a glass half full guy.. enviable.

1 month later
#10250 2 years ago

3 weeks later
#11455 2 years ago

I heard that Pingraffix is going to release pinblades July 4th 2021 you may want to wait to see these.... I hear they are something special...

#11459 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Where did you hear this?

I hear things.........Its nice having important friends.

#11461 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

All my friends are important.

Damn right, my friends are the family I chose.

#11474 2 years ago

You wont be disappointed.

1 week later
#11837 2 years ago

I use Line Conditioners on all my pins. They output a steady 120 volts regardless of what the electrical company provides. And they are inexpensive. I estimated each pinball machine uses 2 amps of power or 240 watts. This line conditioner is 1200 watts.. I put 3 pins on each line conditioner.
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 3.46.28 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-01 at 3.46.28 PM (resized).png An AC power conditioner is the typical power conditioner that provides "clean" AC power to sensitive electrical equipment. Usually this is used for home or office applications and provides surge protection as well as noise filtering.

1 month later
#13920 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I played Houdini for the first time this past week. Just had enough cash for a few games, but I was totally intrigued. I think people spend their time hating on games because it assuages their FOMO since no one can have all the games, and they want to feel more confidently better about the ones they have?
For my part, I love pinball because itā€™s so easy to see what a labor of love every one of these machines has been for someone, so I honestly have a hard time disliking/hating almost any game. Did they get everything right? Did they miss some opportunities? No, yes, but they worked their butts off and made something worthwhile, and it doesnā€™t take much time with a game before you begin to see what they were after and appreciate it.
Snap, forgot this was a GNR forumā€”let me say that the game is a week and a half old in my house and seems to be actively beating the crap out of meā€¦ but I got 22m today and all is forgiven.

Who knows the reason, but why hate on a game you either haven't played or is just not your taste? Lots of games I dont like I see no need to write negative comments on the game its a hard way to spend the day being negative. I did not appreciate a Houdini until I owned one.. Game kicks my ass which i love in a home environment..

3 weeks later
#14958 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Any videos around of it in action? You're selling it but it's your static picture with a big metal frame to hold 4 little spotlights that makes it look blah. Don't get me wrong, It's still cool, but I'm just not reaching for the "buy it now" button based on what I've seen this far.
P.s. I added to my statement. The comment about the servos stays the same which is the part of my post you quoted.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-guns-n-roses-stadium-topper

1 month later
#16277 2 years ago

My left orbit spinner is not working does not register in the switch matrix testā€¦ any advice?

#16289 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check the connector plug under the PF for the wires that go to the spinner opto?

Yeah, I unplugged it and reconnected it.... strange.

#16380 2 years ago

I have one other weird issue.. Only half of the right HOT RAIL illuminates during the game as shown in the photo.. What makes it weird is that on bootup the hotrail illuminates as intended. I have 1.25 installed BTW... So its strange that it does WORK during boot up but not in game play....

IMG_4978 (resized).jpgIMG_4978 (resized).jpg
#16382 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Any chance the two hotrail connectors got swapped at the controller board under the playfield? The left one doesn't have as many LEDs so if the right hotrail were plugged into the left connector, it might behave like that.

I will check tonight... Thanks so much.

#16395 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Any chance the two hotrail connectors got swapped at the controller board under the playfield? The left one doesn't have as many LEDs so if the right hotrail were plugged into the left connector, it might behave like that.

That was it... they were reversed at the factory. Thank you!

1 week later
#16834 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

My left orbit spinner is not working does not register in the switch matrix testā€¦ any advice?

Fixed, the spinner opto was bad. JJP expedited a new opto to me...

Ken Holland rocks.

#16964 2 years ago

I got my stadium topper from PinGraffix this week and I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY how cool this topper is. It looks fantastic in personā€¦ It has exceeded my expectations. I was concerned that it was going to be too much light all the time and it is perfect, it connects to the light board under the playfield and it syncs up to the lights perfectly on the playfield. It is really well made and it took me only about 10-15 minutes to install. If your on the fence about this topper I totally recommend itā€¦ beats a lit piece of acrylic on the topā€¦ HOME RUN. My basement has low ceilings and it fit fantastically best thing I added to my Guns N Roses machine!

IMG_5106 (resized).jpgIMG_5106 (resized).jpg

#16969 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Your videos aren't working .
I'm hoping to see it in person soon .
Great to see you're really happy with it .
Man , that is a tight fit under your ceiling .

Thanks for letting me know got hit with copyright issue.. took sound out. Works now.

#17046 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Man love the tour poster art. Where did you get it come?

I got the posters on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GudrunBergShop?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1030362576

TOUR (resized).jpegTOUR (resized).jpeg
#17106 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

To all of you with subwoofer and stock tweeter audio (a combo I love). The pinnovators Tap and RCA input is a godsend. Was getting ground feedback on the speaker level input into my KEF KUBE subwoofer and installed the pinnovators connection last night. Several awesome things happened.
No noise and auto on off on the sub works perfectly (expected this outcome)
Signal strength or efficiency is significantly better (was able to dial down the volume on the sub)
The sound was way more pure and allowed me to fine tune the crossover much better (had to be lowered a bit (maybe 72ish)???
Net is from the top end to deep low end Iā€™m perfectly blended and could not be happier. Can feel the bass in the chest a but it isnā€™t boomy and muddy-ing the sound (wasnā€™t earlier either).
Another cool thing is Iā€™m using the wireless input on the kef kube for my home theater (Audessy room corrected) so my sub is serving two great purposes!

I agree, I only use the pinovator taps... I think the sound is better and I have less issues that the alligator clips.

#17179 2 years ago

I know it was discussed before, My shooter rod tension is really weak, any advice on someone who dialed it in?

#17190 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

It's a light spring, like on TZ, for making the skill shot. If it won't even reach the target at the back of the lane, then something else is wrong. Is the plunger tip hitting the autoplunger arm as it passes by because the plunger is bolted into the cabinet too high? Is yours a CE that shipped with the wrong (too long) barrel spring (the outside one)?

Its an LE.. I have to look, thank you.

1 week later
#17629 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So my LE is delivering Wednesday!
Got a call from JJP on NOV 2nd that my pin was getting ready to ship, and shipped it last Tuesday Nov 9th to the local trucking company.
I scheduled some vacation time off starting this week on Thursday & Friday plus all next week with the holiday.
Hoping the pin would deliver sometime during this time...
Got a call 10 minutes ago from the trucking company they are delivering this Wednesday.
Just shy of 11 months from order date and the day before my scheduled time off.

Congrats... its worth the wait.

#17635 2 years ago
Quoted from JPKnapp:

Thinking of buying but this forum has me concerned. I've never bought a new pin, so forgive the naivety, but is this level of "I'm fixing/ adjusting/ replacing normal?"
Also, if I was to buy one 2nd hand, is there a manufacturers warranty that transfers or is it only original owner warranty?
Thanks all.

For a game THIS complex... Yes. its pretty normal.. I have not had any issues I have not expected yet.. always tweaking and adjusting as there is so much in the game...

Warranty does not transfer.

#17652 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Guys! I checked with Agima2000 and he approved printing some of these free of charge for disty to PinSider's. So, I printed some overnight. They are printed with PLA so there's no guarantee they will be strong enough to last the lifetime of the playfield, but free is free and who knows.
I'll send a few to Vespula, but is there a volunteer to take these off my hands and give them out? Thanks!
[quoted image]

I printed this last night and installed it.. Fixed an annoying random issue... thank you to whoever uploaded it.

1 week later
#17829 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's why I said to use a pinball. PinGuy app has been shown to be wrong pretty often.
Stick a pinball on the glass where it meets the lockdown bar, right above the action button and see if it moves. If the machine really is perfectly level, it will not move from the center. This is pretty close to foolproof and much more accurate for left to right level than the pinguy app.

The pinguy app has been rendered useless to me. My Iphone 13 pro cameras stick out so far I cannot level anything with the phone anymore.

2 months later
#20220 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Record stickers just showed up. Now I won't feel bad poking a hole in mine to level the record.
[quoted image]

Nice... I ordered my set dont need it yet but Im sure it will come in handy over the years.

#20235 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Email barry at JJP (bengler AT jerseyjackpinball.com) with your serial number and tell him you bought a NIB jjGnR want to be on the list for a spare playfield. He should email you back a confirmation that you are on the list. Then you will be contacted when they are done building GnR (likely Summer) to sell you the spare PF for $500.

Barry? You aint gunna see. him no more... he's gone.. and thats that. Email ken holland.

#20236 2 years ago

Ken is a good egg.

#20238 2 years ago

He left and he is now at American Pinball again.

1 week later
#20494 2 years ago

Added hot rails on the floor...

7 months later
#22975 1 year ago

Im pretty sure they said Summer 2022...

Quoted from twinturb089:

Me too. I just started collecting again after 10 years. Bought a woz 3 months ago and now thisā€¦ā€¦..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Im coming to YOUR House for mixed drinks...
IMPRESSIVE.

2 weeks later
#23190 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't get it. What happened to releasing software updates at JJP? Stern is cranking them out and then crickets from JJP. I was at a pinball league this past weekend and myself and the other 3 GNR owners all said this game desperately needs score balancing, additional mode polish, etc. There's a reason GNR has been taking a hit on the used market lately and a big part of that is code related. Please listen to your customers JJP.
Hopefully this latest public GNR code update is a game changer as it needs to be. JJP still has some of the best programmers in pinball and I know they can deliver great code work as many of their past games (especially WOZ and Hobbit) have already proved that.

The code change on Wonka made the machine a permanent fixture in my collection.

4 months later
#24569 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Itā€™s been a long time.
And agreed, JJP Guns isnā€™t a pin you walk up and flip a couple games and youā€™re killing it. Instead itā€™s killing you the first 3 or 4 games. Thatā€™s why I havenā€™t got started again, I need a good 3 hour window. I have other pins that you can flip straight out the first game, so Iā€™m glad one sets a high challenge bar. It took me several years to get eternal life on Indy and only got the Billion bonus legitly once. Worth the challenge. I still think the strategies are still being figured out on this pin. So if youā€™re casually trying to enjoy this pin in a noisy bar it will be a different experience than an empty bar or home play.
Now whereā€™s my Scorbit password?
[quoted image]

Diary of a Madman (Ozzys BEST ALBUM) would make a KILLER PIN.

5 months later
#26032 7 months ago

If you are playing the beta code.. is it stable? I was hesitant to put beta code on the machine but, its looking like its all we may get..

Let me know what you guys think.

4 months later
#27228 3 months ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I am still struggling with the price of this board. Is it just me, or is this on the very high side for what it is?

No, the board is actually REASONABLE considering its the entire I/O board.

To do this to just to update the flippers makes it expensive...

It appears its just bigger caps.. wonder if someone has the guts to swap out the caps.

1 week later
#27333 89 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Youā€™re Pinball Lifeā€™s Salesman of the Month. It was like Kryptonite and had to buy one as well. Goodbye $400
[quoted image]

same here Chaka, I wonder how many Pinball Life has sold now.

#27376 84 days ago

I received my board yesterday and installed it, the install took about 30 minutes as I took my time and labeled the wires which was unnecessary as they are keyed so its near impossible to put the wrong plug in the wrong connector. That said, I recommend taking photos of where everything goes... triple check everything prior to power up and you should be fine.

The only struggle was to line up all the stand offs.. take your time you will be fine.

On to the changes. Initially it doesn't feel radically different, I have a factory build no fans, no precision flipper bats.. I started playing and it became very apparent that its more power and consistent.

The ball now goes up all the ramps with minimum effort, you no longer feel like your PUSHING the ball. If you have played GF or TS4 you will understand the feel here.

The pops also feel ALOT more powerful, not sure if thats my imagination or not.

The real change is during song mode with endless balls flying at you, the power remains pretty great.

So far, this has been worth the upgrade.

#27377 84 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd say these are a step below GF. Really close to Toy Story feel. TS and GF (and GNR now) have the same board and coils but for some reason GF flippers just feel a little bit better.

I have all three machines, I suspect you think GF still feels better is due to the open design of the playfield more than the actual flipper power..

#27381 84 days ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

Apologies if I missed this up the chain, but how "technical" is the install? Is it just plugging/unplugging things? Does it involve soldering? I'm brand new at this stuff so the work factors in just as much as the cost does for me

No soldering, however if you have never swapped a board on a pc or pinball machine it may be a nerve wracking experience.

If you take your time, take lots of photos, you would have no issues...

#27449 80 days ago

It appears you have power, try this First.

#27485 77 days ago

I am confused by the radio silence, what should have been a victory lap for JJP..

The flippers are now terrific with the new board... If only they would update the code.... GNR prices would stabilize.. If they released a competitor to Insider Connect... another home run.

If the prices stabilize people would be more willing to buy NIB. It should be priority to release new code.

I would hope patience would pay off...but its coming up on 4 years since released...

#27519 75 days ago
Quoted from altan:

The more I play with the stronger flipper solution, the more Iā€™m amazed. Iā€™m probably going to turn down the right flipper a bit. As it stands, 90% of the shots from right flipper up the left ramp go to the guitar lock.
Probably want to require a bit more finesse on that
lol. Good problem to have.
Iā€™ve been a defender of JJP flippers in the past, but cannot deny I donā€™t want to go back.

100 percent.. the more Im playing with the new board, the more thrilled I am. Blown away at what a better playing game it is now. Last night I was in multiball and hit a ball with another ball and it flew up the ramp into the guitar lock... NEVER saw that before.

3 weeks later
#27683 52 days ago

Not sure why we dont just install a reset button to make our lives easier, which is all the jumper is doing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HarryReimer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=HarryReimer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.