IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 3 years ago

FYI photos of the CE don’t do it justice! The PURPLE POWDER COAT and MIRRORED RADCALS are a thing of beauty!

5 months later
#7146 3 years ago

Our favorite Pinball Podcaster is going to have a field day with the lack of QC from JJP on these Software Updates...first they break the Wifi...then they break the game. I guess I’ll be waiting a while to update....

#7162 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I don’t mind the Spaghetti Incident either but why the decal without songs represented in the game. Did they play songs from it on the NITL tour?

Future DLC (via ultra-reliable WiFi). Jack has to keep the lights on!

#7165 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Kind of a surprise here didn’t know you were a JJP fan?

3 of my 6 pins are JJPs.

#7323 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I should also state it was shipped with code 1.16 with no issues so far with anything. The flow the game is phenomenal.

Wow they sent you a machine with a version of the code that is known NOT to be upgradable via WiFi. Kinda messed up actually when you think about it.

#7395 3 years ago

Could someone please clarify how one would know if they have the “magnet issue”?

#7525 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

JJP hasn’t said why they are failing or what the fix is, and haven’t acknowledged the problem on Pinside. The best way to test it is to check for continuity across the magnet’s coil lugs. No continuity means the fuse has popped.

To be clear, the part is a thermal switch, not a fuse.

#7535 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It took me a long time to dethrone my wife's 20M score but I did it!
[quoted image]

Of course you had the benefit of the added power chord bonus and she may not have.

1 week later
#7753 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This fucking game. Mr Brownstone last night, she said 'shoot the ramps'.
I hit left/right ramp combo 5 times. I never get 5 ramps in a row, never. Just not good enough at pinball to that.
Booed off stage.
Turned the game off in disgust.

Try not cradling the balls so much.

FYI the game boos if you do that during a song.

2 weeks later
#8111 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Theoretical question, what happens if I accidentally install the LE software on my SE via USB?

Like a transformer, the additional LE hardware features move out of secret compartments and into place on the playfield! (theoretically)

#8200 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I cancelled my gnr LE order early on and then regretted it thinking I could have been $1K ahead of late buyers that paid the $10.5.
I played it again recently and agree with some on here.. game is not for me because of how it shoots. And when I thought about it, it’s how I feel about most if not all of the JJP games.
Led Zeppelin stays. LOL.
Will have fun playing JJP on location with everyone though.
Happy for all the guys here finally landing their games though, it’s been a long time coming.. or so it seems.

Your wallet thanks you...

#8442 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Beta build 6 seems to be addressing coil heat!
[quoted image]

It would be interesting to measure the dB’s of the potential buzzing against the dB’s from the Tehitian Breeze fans and compare the fade.

Added over 3 years ago:

*Tibetan (not Tehitian...that would be counterproductive)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8444 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The (desperately needed and welcome) software changes won't eliminate the flipper coil fade. It will just delay it, which might be good enough for another 20% or so of the users that won't have to deal with it since they play shorter games.. Stern Spike has excellent hold management and it still has fade. You cannot escape the heat problem it if you play a pin long enough.

Mine currently exhibit fade symptoms well within 20 minutes. This is likely due to the multitude of multiballs I typically hit PRIOR to ever starting the song, and even then I tend not to start a song until I have at minimum 3 locked, creating another multiball scenario during the song. All these multiballs seem to contribute to faster fade and hence my desire to minimize as much as practically possible.

Bottomline, I’ll take all the help I can get wrt fade!

#8506 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You don't want to "minimize" the multiballs. It sounds like you don't understand the game rules.
The pre-song multiballs are boosters, your goal is to hit as many jackpots for them as you can prior to the song, which will maximize your song jackpot.
Stacking them helps achieve this.
They are an intentional part of the gameplay and if you're trying to avoid them, you're missing the point.
I mean, if you want to minimize your score and your fun, go for it.

You misunderstood. I’d like to minimize THE FADE as much as possible.

Iow, if using both the new code and Tibetan Breeze could help minimize the fade, I’m all for combining them.

#8508 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you installed the beta code? It sounds like it helps a lot.

Nah, I stayed away from the beta just in case they “accidentally” threw in a brick that prevented wifi updates. Again.

#8512 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's a choice between extreme fade or the beta with much less fade, I'd take the beta. You can always do a USB install if things go sideways, but I don't expect a repeat of the wifi debacle.

How long before beta becomes official? I can keep busy with the other pins while waiting. And speaking of waiting, are you expecting your fans to ship soon or still weeks out?

1 week later
#9031 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I like my red though on my LE [quoted image]

Matches the brick orange armor.

1 week later
#9605 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Do you know where I am?!? I’m in the jungle baby! [quoted image]

Lovely! Now how bout a view of it among the 15 games in your collection?

#9650 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Joined the club
[quoted image]

That is likely the the only moment that GnR appeared darker than the other 3 pins and you managed to capture it in a still! Congrats!

1 year later
#23283 1 year ago

Was there an Equalizer setting for audio added to GnR similar to the one JJP added to the TS4 beta? If so, was there a post with recommended settings?

#23286 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's in Utilities - Graphic Equalizer.
LTG : )

Thx! Anyone post recommended settings for the EQ?

1 year later
#26924 4 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

B37 is out!
More song mode lamp show fixes.

Sorry, what was the “lamp issue”?

#26942 4 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

This game shoots sooo much better with these. Looks pretty nice too I might add[quoted image]

Night & day difference! Just make sure you have the Super Bands…

#26966 4 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Just played nightrain on b38
Light show rocked!
Felt like when I first got it.

So which songs are still broken?

1 week later
#27009 4 months ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I’m having a Christmas Eve party at my house and I’m going to let people play my brand new GnR. I’m sure it’s going to be a hit, but I’m a little worried about how much it’s going to be played. It’s going to be a 4 hour-ish party, will the machine be ok if played for that long? Anything I should do to make sure it goes ok?

Your flippers will overheat causing weakness in the power and affect the ability to consistently make shots….and knowing is half the battle!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Freakyguy666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.