IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6339 3 years ago

Hi guys,
I have terrible internet where I live so need to download the 1.14 software upgrade to a USB drive to then update my game. On JJP site there are two versions - USA Mirror and EU Mirror. I have no idea what these different versions mean so what would I use for my game in Australia?
Thank you.

1 week later
#6564 3 years ago

I've got a problem I'm hoping someone may be able to assist with....

I have terrible internet where I live so went to update the game software with a USB drive. I booted the game, inserted the USB drive and then noticed the screen was blank and also none of the service buttons would work either. I powered the game off, removed the USB drive and now when I turn the game on, it boots straight into a screen that says "Enter Password". On this screen no buttons work either.

I don't think I did anything wrong (or did I??). What can I do to get my game back again? Appreciate any help!!!!!

IMG_4602 (resized).JPGIMG_4602 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#8418 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thank for all of the nice accolades, guys!
Now that we've got our copy of GNR and have it dialed in I'd say its among the best sounding titles of all time.
Tweeters - with the factory backbox and sound board you can get away with the originals but adding PinWoofer power absolutely necessitates our aftermarket tweeters. Because of the world-wide shipping glut and supply constraints, we can't offer the tweeters on their own, but you are guaranteed to get them when you purchase the late JJP PinWoofer system (i.e. GNR). (Existing late JJP PinWoofer owners can still purchase one set per serial number as a stand alone.)
Adding external bass is great if that's what you like (and our system and accessories support it), but doing that alone - you'll miss out on the rich array of well mastered audio. You really have to hear it to understand. The percussion effects from the jets are amazing and punch hard - like the drum kit is in the machine. There are a huge array of effects that are masterfully done and crystal clear; little guitar riffs and things you don't otherwise hear with clarity. You can also play loud. Slash's Les Paul / Marshall combination is amazing too.
We're hugely excited about GNR.
Have fun!
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

That all sounds great! Just to clarify; the link above has the tweeters included with the kit or is that something you purchase individually?

1 week later
#8865 2 years ago

Can someone please tell me who it was that's selling a lighting kit to illuminate the backglass borders that are around the display? I'm sure I read that someone was selling this somewhere in this 178 page thread. Thanks

#8871 2 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

Lermods sells s nice kit.

Great, I'll check it out. Thank you.

#8872 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Would you be able to share some pics of the installation? This looks great

This isnā€™t the for sale post but a nice DIY

Thanks very much for that. I'll have a look and see if it's within my capabilities.

#8893 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Anyone having issues with the decals on the side of the machine coming off or wrinkling? The decal on my right side is starting to wrinkle near the flipper button, which sucks
[quoted image]

Yes I have this on one side. It was like this when it arrived. Not great but not enough o cause me too much grief over it.

#8988 2 years ago

I just noticed the images from the camera on my game are all weird. The picture has gone to a pink color. Any idea what this could be or how to fix?

Also I used the jukebox feature yesterday while playing pool with a mate in my games room. Such a fantastic feature to have as it makes the game into a real feature even when it's not being played.

#9008 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a start I'd turn the game off. Reseat connector at camera and motherboard. Be sure they are on tight. If there is a video card on the motherboard, be sure it is on tight too.
LTG : )

Thanks for the advice. I did exactly that and all connectors seemed to be okay. I then turned it on and now all's good. Must have been something a little loose after all. You're a legend Lloyd - thank you.

#9009 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

^^^ Also on the subject of mods
Now that I have an ETA of mid June for my pin.
I have already received my exceptional Lior Skull + Button mod.
Whatā€™s the best side blades to get for the LE?
Iā€™m usually a mirror man but thinking vinyl this time around due to clearance.

I just installed black mirror blades. I too was concerned about clearance but it's actually fine. No issues raising or lowering the playfield at all.

#9024 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Did you get them from kjs are they really shiny .

Yep got them from KJS. I got the black which look good but I think if I did it again I'd just go regular mirror blades. The black are shiny but a bit more subtle with the reflection. It's hard to say without a direct comparison of both but as I said, I think I'd go regular mirror blades if I had my time over.

#9104 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Went with the soft white (amber) LED strips. The artwork is fantastic and too bad JJP didnā€™t light it up for shit. Oh well thatā€™s the cheapest mod there ever was and well worth it especially running the jukebox IMO.
[quoted image]

That looks fantastic. Thanks for the detailed photos as well. I will give this a go myself.

1 week later
#9627 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story#post-6277621
I wouldn't bet on it being next or even if ever.
A couple years ago it was expected at TPF - JJP showed YBR. A month later it was expected at MGC - JJP showed Willy Wonka. Last time around it was expected JJP launched GNR.
So until JJP announces any game. It isn't official until then.
Too many variables. Too many things can happen. Like a game or two bantied about that vanished when JJP got the Hobbit license.
LTG : )

I hope it's not Toy Story. They've already done a heap of kids themes! Hope they keep the adult vibe of GnR going!!

#9993 2 years ago

Does anyone have Lior's 4 piece speaker set on their game? I'm just looking for feedback on how it looks on the game. Lior has made it so I know the detail and quality will be great. It's just that it's quite expensive so just looking to hear opinions of whether it's money well spent.

#10011 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I do not believe he has shipped any yet. With everything going on in his neighborhood, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they are delayed for a bit. I have ordered a set. He posted an update in his GNR mods thread a day or two back. I would check there for the last update.

Thank you. I didn't know that they weren't actually out yet. Tough times for him for sure!

#10012 2 years ago

My GnR LE is a Nov 2020 build and my playfield appears to be perfect. I have ordered the PETG washers so I'm hoping I won't find any nasty surprises when removing the posts.

#10190 2 years ago

Wow lots of topper coming for this game. I have heard JJP is releasing, then there's Lior's and now also Pinball Bazaar. Great to see some options. I can't wait to see when they are all released.

#10349 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A product we are sad to offer but unfortunately for now you have to protect your investment. These mylar rings can be used after playfield repair using an iron etc. I however STRONGLY suggest using these to protect the playfield post areas BEFORE damage happens! A preemptive solution. Very simple to install and while not guaranteed has proven to mitigate or avoid issues long term which are often not reversible once the damage is done. Take a few minutes to protect your investment! This size was designed to support Both large and small playfield posts. You do Not want anything smaller as the goal is to bond that mass area as one so it stays together and does not pool up or allow the post to bite in or twist the surface area. Kit is sold as a pack of (10) which should be enough for most any game. Free US shipping on this kit!
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

It appears The Mod Couple don't ship to Australia - at least that's what it's telling me when I'm trying to checkout on their store. I'm hoping PinMonk has some of these coming??

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10491 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm a bit confused about the washer situation as there seems to be so many options now.
Can someone please rank these in order of best solution to worst and and experience you've had post installment (how many plays post operation)
PETG Washers
Titan Silicone Washers
Cliffy Carbon Fibre Washers
JJP Issued washers

Also mylar circles and smaller washers (as per HEP suggestion) are two options you're missing. I keep ordering these parts as people suggest them and now I have them all coming to me. When they all arrive I won't know which ones to use now.

It would be nice to have a spare playfield to do some testing on with all of these options. With us all only having the one playfield in our game we want to get it right the first time. It would be nice if someone with a spare playfield and an interest in fixing this problem could do some testing for us. Someone like maybe JJP?? But then if JJP did this, it would be an admission of faulty playfields and opening a whole can of worms for them that they don't want to touch.

#10681 2 years ago

Yeah Jim-Beam when's your cabinet lighting kit going up for sale?? I want one

#10758 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Anyone with Pinwoofer want to share their settings? Got mine installed, still trying to get the levels dialed in.

I just used the settings from the Pinwoofer site and mine sounds fantastic....

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-amplifier-settings/

#10778 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Got my LE yesterday. Build date may 2021. Black washers on the slings, metal washers on other posts. Everything looks good so far. I'll be adding cliffy cf washers when they show up. Few small issues, had to adjust the shooter lane switch. One of the sling switches was in front of the rubber.. The artwork is wrinkled near one of the hinges. And the diverters in the guitar necks are stiff, so the ball hangs up there some. Other than that, seems to be playing well.

That's a shame about the wrinkled decal. I have a little bit of that around my left flipper button. Man that's an awesome looking room you have there too!!

#10823 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Has anyone installed mirror blades? I purchased some but it looks like there isnā€™t enough room on both sides. One side looks like it would clear, but the other would be too tight and the Playfield will not shift over. Everytime I set the Playfield down, it seats where it wants to seat and thereā€™s no shifting it to make room for the mirror blade. Thoughts?

I bought mirror blades and prior to installing I looked and thought it would be too tight. I just installed them anyway and it surprisingly fits fine with no problems lowering or raising the playfield.

#11007 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My pooling has gone from under the plastic washers.
And the art.
And the clear.

Mate are you just kidding or has the playfield around the posts actually worsened after installing the PET washers?

#11009 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Fell to bits when i undid the posts, carefully.

Undid the posts for the first time to install the washers OR fell to bits after the washers were installed and you undid posts to inspect?

If it was undoing the posts for the 1st time; is there anything different you would do next time that would assist in preventing damage removing the posts? I'm just about to do this to my game is all.

#11011 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes first time, i don't see the point in undoing them over and over if you can see through the washers.
Different?
Not buy it in the first place. My last JJP.

ok fair enough.

1 week later
#11369 2 years ago

Can someone please show me what you've done to prevent air-balls from the L ramp entrance target going down the left outline? I have seen something about this in the 228 pages but can't find it now.

When I first read about a fix for this, I had never seen it happen but last night it happened to me 4 times!

#11384 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

DIY for this is keyposted in the CE owners thread. I'm making plug and play ones now that are in final testing for fit that will be thicker than the 1/16" one in this earlier test fit.
[quoted image]

That's great. Please be sure to let us know when it's ready because I'll buy one!

1 week later
#11725 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

We need a big hard post in a very tight hole please JJP.

Mmm Oh yes please!! Now youā€™re really on to something!

#11875 2 years ago

Wow thatā€™s fantastic and also so special because your daughter made it for you!

#11910 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

There is this aftermarket topper I have seen.
https://pinballsales.com.au/product/rock-topper/[quoted image]

Itā€™s difficult to tell what that is and what it does. Thereā€™s not many details on the page about it.

2 weeks later
#12629 2 years ago

Just interested in people's thoughts on using a small amount of water-thin super glue on the clear around posts. I have used this in the past to seal small areas of touch-ups and also chips in playfields. You'd only need a very small amount just where the washers and posts contact the playfield and it is very hard once dry. This might help seal areas that are already damaged or maybe harden the clear in the post area to prevent it from happening at all.

Maybe it's a terrible idea?? Any thoughts?

2 weeks later
#13230 2 years ago

I just removed my upper playfield to add some protection under some of the posts and install a scoop Cliffy. I have assembled it all back together and now have a strange problem where the left ramp diverter won't lower - it stays up all the time. I can manually push it up and down so it's not caught up on anything.
I have gone into coil test and it won't fire. Strangely though, the upper playfield VUK (to the bass ramp) fires with every coil test as well as the one I have selected.
I have checked the plugs that I disconnected and all seems to be right. Any thoughts on what's going wrong here? With the removal of the upper playfield and the corresponding plugs for it; which would have something to do with this problem?
Thanks for any assistance.

2 weeks later
#14102 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Im going through old posts and Im looking for the post about the iron everyone is using to stop the pooling posts, No luck! What flat iron should we buy?? THANKS!

I just used a hair dryer to warm up the area a bit and then tightened the PETG washer down. If you then remove the PETG washer, you will see the area is perfectly flat again after this. It seemed to work perfectly for me without the need to buy an iron.

Scary to see just how soft the clear coat is if it softens with a quick blast from a hair dryer!

2 years later
#26855 4 months ago

Hi guys,

Just hoping for some assistance....

I just sold my GnR and it was shipped quite a distance to the new owner. All was perfect when the game left me but upon starting it up, the new owner has some errors. I am trying to assist him to get the game going but unsure where to tell him to check for these cables/connections. Where can I tell the new owner to check for these? (Image attached of the errors)

Thanks for any assistance.

image000000 3 (resized).jpgimage000000 3 (resized).jpg
#26860 4 months ago

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Sending this information on so hopefully he has some success!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
8,400 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Drac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.