IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNavidad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8580 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Dear God I hope it's not the fall. I ordered mine Dec 1 and I'm hoping for end of May, but I have not been told any dates.

I ordered mid October from a distributor and was told sometime this summer. While the nebulous timetable is frustrating, at least all the early production issues will be identified and addressed. I've played the LE on location and a number of games on my friend's CE. It's worth the wait!

2 weeks later
#9472 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So have any November LE orders been fulfilled? Seems like they are still shipping October orders for LE.

I'm an early October order (through a distributor) and was told sometime this summer. Fingers crossed it's sometime in June!

1 month later
#11219 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Good discovery and hoping this fix works…maybe we need to tell Doc too….
[quoted image]
Lol

How about trolling somewhere else and stay the hell out of the owner's thread with your incessant bullshit.

#11482 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

I was just notified that mine is shipping in 30 days… pinball star is the distributor, and ordered on 10/7.

I also received notification that my game is ready to ship. Are you having the same reservations about accepting a game with the potential for playfield issues? I'm really torn because I absolutely love the gameplay!

#11486 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Are you helpless in repairs and unable to do the work discussed in the key post by fooflighter? If so, you might cancel.

Not helpless, no. It's just that I have this absurd notion that when I drop 10k for an elaborate toy, I'm going to be able to play the game instead of shutting it down for an extended period of time to iron a pooled playfield and install additional washers. Out-of-the-box adjustments are one thing, but I'm not eager to invest time in a machine to address aesthetic issues on a brand new game.

#11525 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Then I think you're in a great position to take the game. Latest ones seem to have some modifications indicating positive changes are happening at JJP. I understand what you're saying and everyone here agrees with you, but it is what it is. Accept the shipment and enjoy the best pin ever made!!!

I have to agree with that last statement. The superlatives don't do justice to the magic and majesty of this pin. Every time I've played it, I've walked away smiling and thinking about the next time I'll have an opportunity to play it again. It might be the biggest adrenaline rush I've ever had on a pinball game. Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#12091 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I wish the song patience could be permanently unlocked if you beat the song or hit certain objectives. I like that it’s available as a patch at least, but would prefer it be like getting to end of the line on Metallica, and permanently opening it up. Just a thought.

I was wondering that as well. I know Patience is tied to a patch and must be unlocked in order to be played. So does the song need to be unlocked each game? Or, once unlocked, is it available for each subsequent play? Based on the post above, there's no way to permanently unlock it......which sucks!

2 weeks later
#12795 2 years ago

20210723_141610 (resized).jpg20210723_141610 (resized).jpg20210723_172658 (resized).jpg20210723_172658 (resized).jpg20210723_172711 (resized).jpg20210723_172711 (resized).jpg

LE 1561 in the house! July build with all the new fixes; the game looks and plays perfectly out of the box. I had to make one small adjustment to fix an intermittent drain from the song scoop SDTM but it now functions perfectly. This game is otherworldly! For those waiting for your game, the pin is definitely worth the wait and you may take comfort that your build will have all the latest tweaks and adjustments.

#12796 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
LE 1561 in the house! July build with all the new fixes; the game looks and plays perfectly out of the box. I had to make one small adjustment to fix an intermittent drain from the song scoop SDTM but it now functions perfectly. This game is otherworldly! For those waiting for your game, the pin is definitely worth the wait and you may take comfort that your build will have all the latest tweaks and adjustments.

1 week later
#12999 2 years ago

20210801_164355 (resized).jpg20210801_164355 (resized).jpg

I have some mylar starting to lift just below one of the pops. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? Do I just try to re-adhere to the playfield? Does it need to be heated?

#13003 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

That post looks like the cause. Any pooling under that black washer?
Could try and stick it back down. Heat would help. Replacement would be best.

I agree. I'm a little hesitant to remove the mylar for fear of pulling up the playfield art. The game has fewer than 60 plays so it might still have enough adhesive on the bottom to stick. I'm not sure about pooling under the post - it arrived with the newest factory fix a week ago. (washers, longer posts, etc.).

#13009 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Heat would help there too. Slow and easy wins that particular race.
Maybe a razor and trim?

Hairdryer on the lowest setting for 20 seconds or so? Then try to reapply?

Quoted from Digimatt:

Interesting… I was about to post about the exact same issue. I’ve got it in 2 spots. I’m not quite sure how to remedy. I may try loosening the post and trimming with a razor blade and hope it adheres. The mylar is under the washer so I think that’s what’s causing it. [quoted image][quoted image]

I'm going to try to re-adhere (fingers crossed!) And trim back as a second option. The game is so new the mylar should stick. Here's hoping!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNavidad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=CaptainNavidad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.