IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blindseer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2235 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I got an air ball to roll around the stage on the top left, does that mean the SE does have an upper playfield? :p

Ive had a ball launch off the left ramp on my WW into the back left corner. Does that mean I have a Wonkavator lock? Here is the clip.

https://www.twitch.tv/quasarsarcade/clip/WanderingFairLorisKappaWealth

#2376 3 years ago

Anyone else had issues with balls from the scoop will drain down the middle after 50 plays? I tried adjusting the vuk diverter and increased coil power plus lifted the right leg leveler but its hitting the bottom 10% of the left flipper instead of the middle.

#2377 3 years ago

Also inspect the balls that come with the game. This one had a major flat spot

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 1.02.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-06 at 1.02.15 PM (resized).png
#2382 3 years ago

LTG We have had balls stuck on the guitar pick spinners on our location GnR SE. Have any other operators expressed this issue?

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I haven't heard any. Maybe a drop of oil or super lube on the spinner arms where they go into the holder.
LTG : )

no the spinner ends up angled so they block the ball from moving also the chase ball logic shouldn't end the ball if a stuck ball becomes unstuck.

#2422 3 years ago

LTG can you guys put in a way to cancel a song start in case you want to increase song level? Also in the operator menu it would be nice to control mystery awards. The game plays very long for location play it would be nice to make ball saves mover conservative.

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

If you controlled mystery award, would it still be a mystery?

I am an operator I prefer games not to last 5+ minutes on average and the game gives out ball saver awards like candy

#2466 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think he is saying he doesn't want "start song" as a mystery award.

No I am saying that like in deadpool where you can cancel a battle to build your team ups i'd like a way to cancel a song start to build song values.

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What are you seeing for average ball time at your location?

The game has been in operation for 4 days

5 minutes 22 seconds on average plus with 212 plays the rubbers are already breaking. This is terrible quality We noticed that the flipper rubbers are wico did someone raid a 20 year old warehouse?
IMG_3144 (resized).JPGIMG_3144 (resized).JPGIMG_3145 (resized).JPGIMG_3145 (resized).JPGIMG_3146 (resized).JPGIMG_3146 (resized).JPG

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That looks like normal wear for soft red rubber

We get 3000 - 5000 plays on red rubbers. We had received a bad batch from Marco Specialties recently which we are using on our original black knight. Not sure if these rubbers came from that; also those clear slings are already tearing.

#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

wow, that's pretty good mileage...my Jurassic Park Stern reds and the replacements i got from PB life and Marco all lasted about 100 games before coming apart, I just switched to black rubbers and called it a day, On GnR I'll probably use red Titans though

You'll probably want to replace the slings as well or maybe replace all the rubbers and not worry about them for a while

#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I suggest stepping up the size a 1/4” to a 1/2” for the sling when replacing. It will help the silicone last longer. And stay on rotating them as well so you won’t have to replace them right away.

They shouldn’t wear that quickly regardless. I have games that have 1000s of play with silicone that don’t show that kind of wear. To expect an operator to check a game every few days for rubber wear is unrealistic. What if this game is on a location? If the SE is supposed to be more operator focused this isn’t a step in the right direction

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Silicone wears quick on high impact areas. I would put a super band ring on that post. Beware though. Once it’s on its not coming off unless you cut it off.

I appreciate your responses but you clearly have not operated a high volume route or arcade. Your suggestions are not realistic.

#2503 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This really isn't a debate - if you like the way the red rubbers play, buy spares and keep them on hand. If you want them to last longer, put Titans on.
I personally keep a stash of both on hand but find that Titans are what I like to run most of the time.

So if you like defective red rubbers you should keep a bag of them and replace them every day?

#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I do not operate them no. But have friends that do. They simply replace rubbers a lot. Sterns stock rubbers hold up well but the the games need cleaned a lot more.
Super bands seem to be what lots of OPs switch too but competitive players hate them.
Silicone can last a decent amount of time if they aren’t too small and you can get to your games regularly. If not, I suggest using super bands.

We use Red flipper rubbers on most of our games and get about 6 months of life out of them which is 3k+ plays. These rubbers seem to be defective. Our last batch from Marco specialties had this issue.

#2508 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah. That would be news to me if there's a batch that are more prone to wear than usual. I was just speaking on red rubbers in general.

I spoke with JJP support they did say they have a batch of defective rubbers. They are sending full replacements.

#2511 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My buddy operates in ATL. What he sees is hardcore pinheads the first month or so then the ball times drop as more casuals get to play the game. But yeah over 5 mins isn’t optimal.

Optimal is 1:30 to 2:00 on average. I have given feedback suggesting an operator default. While I can remove posts and increase the pitch if I cannot get the game times lower I’ll be forced to sell it.

A few operators warned me about long ball times on Aerosmith which might be why you don’t see them on route regularly either.

#2513 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think they are blowing smoke.
I saw early wear on both the translucent rings and on the flipper rubber. It's not like those two things are made the same or from similar batches.

I might just replace them all with black rubbers or titans. Looking forward to doing a full tear down ... :/

#2515 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Defective rubbers can cost you a lot of money and 18 years of headaches.

I guess I should just castrate the game then

#2527 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If my average game time was 1:30 I’d never return to the location.

A machine game time average is your average. If players get bored of long game times means they stop playing the game. This means that a game that a factory wants operators to buy wont. Stop conflating collectors with operators.

#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

So you guys that have had this game for 100 plays or more... do u love it? Gotten stale? Bolted?
Just curious on its lastability.
Thx a bunch!

I think the only people that will end up keeping this game is people who are fans of GnR. From a rules standpoint its pretty bland compared to other JJP and Stern games. It does a bad job giving good info to the player as to what to do and most players feel like they have no idea how they got a multiball which feels like it just happens. By default it hands out too many mystery awards and the game over uses the scoop which concerns me. Its too long playing to be a good tournament game without modifications. I'm on the fence about if its a good operator game at this point but ill know in the next few months of operating. It feels like a good beginner machine but only if you have more than a couple of machines in your line-up.

#2530 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Keith said they were just white rails and there was no upgrade to color. However, what limited video I have seen of the SE rails, they don't look like the same animation as the color.

If you are playing the game the white rails do an amazing job lighting up the playfield. Best lit game i have ever seen and want the white rails on all games; they do a better job than pin stadiums.

#2534 3 years ago

*sigh* I came on here to help provide issues to those who actually care. I'm done providing feedback to those on pinside.

#2536 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really? If my average game time was at 1:30 due to your settings I'd never play another game in your arcade

Is there an echo in here?

#2546 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:Really? If my average game time was at 1:30 due to your settings I'd never play another game in your arcade

So you wont play any new in box stern left at default settings at 6.5 degree pitch? Thats the average game time on all out of the box sterns. You are arguing your play skill with a location play average.

#2548 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Why did you edit your post where you stated the locations you operate? I didn’t find a Quarter Lounge in “South” Texas only the Dallas area. When I’m in the area I’d like to pay you a visit. Curious how your machines tuned for 1:30 game time actually play.

They play like out of the box games because of your gameplay skills. Which is not the same as a location average.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blindseer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Blindseer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.