IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

First reaction to video: the scoop and the spinning record. That's going to the 80% of the shot interaction by your average player. And both are kinda ehhhhh. A scoop dead center, and the spinning record toy we've seen a million times. The middle area is really where you want the big interactive toy or money shot. And it's a scoop?
So what is the big interactive mech in the game? The balls lock on the Gibson head. There's a little upper playfield. A spinner and 3 ramps. Feels like something is missing...
I mean, it looks ok. But certainly nothing that blew me away at first glance. I'm sure the audio and light shows will be out of this world.

Fully agree. This game looks awesome, will sound awesome, and will probably play awesome. Just missing that one toy. It would be as easy as adding A marshall amp to bash, making a big thump sound when hitting it. You take away the amazing lighting, and it's a pretty basic game, the most basic on JJP's line up. I will still buy it, but slightly let down, especially after Eric's Pirates was amazing, I was expecting the same form.

#216 3 years ago

I think it will be difficult to make a music pin going forward and NOT copy JJP or look really bad compared to JJP. Things like drumsticks and pick spinners
and intense light shows should be in the next music pin from other manufactures. I think JJP put a whole lotta pressure on upcoming music pins. What can Queen and Led Zeppelin do in their pins? I don't know. Congrats JJP!

#263 3 years ago

New video up....with potential spoiler

https://wgntv.com/news/deans-list/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-on-the-death-of-eddie-van-halen-bands-latest-pinball-release/

Look at the background at 1:16 in the video...Brand New POTC

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Give it up. As far as I know never happening.
That game likely was a showroom model in NJ and was shipped to Chicago for the showroom there.
LTG : )

Yes that's a valid point. Sorry for getting excited.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wrapping up some work - will post my thoughts soon but to summarize.....
If you're a GnR fan, this is a great game. If you don't care about the band, I can see people picking this game apart. By no means is this game (IMO - taking the GnR fanboy blinders off) one that will resonate with non GnR fans simply b/c of it's great gameplay or toys. For me, a GnR fan - it's a must have.

I think with that in mind, movies seem to be a safer theme. People are really specific with the music they like. Movies seem to cast a wider net of fans. I think Toy Story will be a hit with a larger group of people. If 500 CEs sold in 1 day I can see TS 1000 CEs selling out in first day. Also JJP should do a comic book themed pin, since movies/comic movies are the biggest hits right now. Something pinball companies should start to reconsider is video games as pinball machines, especially icons like Mario, Sonic, PacMan, etc. The 3d modelling is already done. Also since bars are popular locations, bringing back sports themed pins as they would also cast a large net.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't care how many game launches I've watched, I will never understand people throwing over $12,000 at a game without even seeing real gameplay, let alone trying it for themselves.
It's a phenomenal package. I saw the press kit last Friday and had to bite my tongue from saying a word about it, because I really was impressed by what I saw. And if you're just a wealthy collector and not a player that's cool, it's your money.
But all I've seen so far is one kick ass package. As far as how it shoots and plays? No clue. Light shows, theme integration, and loving design aren't the same as great gameplay. (LCD looking pretty sweet too. I assume it's still JP doing that?)
Keefer is a great player and thoughtful programmer, but that doesn't mean the vision of this game will line up with what you're looking for. Im with SKB, I really hope it's not a multiball fest. Maybe it's supposed to appeal to more casual players by giving them lots of long playing balls to flail at, I dunno.
Hey, all you whales out there, throw your money at new games and keep the hobby afloat, I'm down. But I hope the gameplay can keep up with everything else the game shows and it's not just eye candy.

I think tomorrow stream will answer a lot of questions, but I too fear this is just a multiball marathon, which honestly, I hate multiballs, not much skill and just swing for the fences. I'll line up a nice shot in multiball and gets hit by two other balls in the field. I usually craddle them and play one or two at a time, but I guess that's a no no in this game. I'm okay with chaos once in a while, but if that's every song, and the goal of the game is to play songs, then that's going to just hinder the game for me.

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Did u try connecting a sound bar to the game? interested in hearing if that works

Bluetooth sound bar might be a good option

#381 3 years ago

Hope they add "Yeseterdays" to the setlist in the future, and "Knockin' on Heavens Door"...I understand why Knockin' won't be there since its a cover but Yesterdays such a good song.

#390 3 years ago

Every game in your collection will look super dark after playing GnR

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Joined the club Today!! Wow!!! what a game!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! BTW, how do you like TMNT? It's the only stern I have my eye on currently.

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

JJP posted some better stage pics for the SE. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There is definitely more room for mods on that stage. LE and CE looks packed with little to no room for mods on the playfield.

#1013 3 years ago

They should of used the bottom right Axl. It resembles him more.

#1099 3 years ago

I wonder if there is a way to pull the concert animations from the hard drive, or mod it, where it only shows concert animations and not the concert footage.

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I normally respect Caucasian2steps reviews on Pinside but his early review on the LE just seems off. IMO no game is perfect, but sounds like he either absolutely despises the theme or the game he played just wasn’t level at all.
What stood out was a design flaw comment based on experiencing drain issues on plunge but I’ve had absolutely ZERO issues.
Just an odd take as a first impression.
Oh well, hope folks give the game more than one shot out in the wild!

Meh, he gave Munsters a 9 and GnR a 6...That's all I need to know.

#1198 3 years ago

What are the dimensions of the box the machine comes in?

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

How about some inner blades of a crowd??[quoted image]

I'd rather see something similar to the playfield art. Maybe skeleton crowd rocking out. Hopefully someone like Brian Allen does some side blades for this machine.

#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Gotcha, just loosened it and turned. Checking now. Thanks for the help.

Keep us updated. Did it solve your issue?

#1439 3 years ago

Wow that BM66 would drive me bonkers. I'd go haywire on Stern.

#1855 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Now if I can just get it to stop rattling and ruining the song, that would be awesome

You should be able to turn off the shaker in settings. I always do. Not a big shaker person myself.

#1890 3 years ago

Does anyone know if I can use a Marshall Amp as an external speaker/sub. Or maybe I can use my old marshall amp take out the insides and put a sub in there...hmm..

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Full disclaimer, I LOVE Elvira 3. Have you seen its 1k topper? Looks like a 3rd grade art project that got a c-

I dislike toppers. I think CGC makes great toppers, Stern's black knight is a great topper and their batman is also a great topper, everything else is just plastic crap. Elvira's topper isn't that bad actually, just a bad price. I would never pay close to 1k for a topper. Topper adds nothing to my game, don't need it. It's a cool decor piece if done right, but like I said, personally, none of them are really done right, except CGC keeps hitting them out of the park.

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Prepare to be amazed!
Friendly tip… Don’t try carrying that big’ol son of a bitch in the box!
It’s really heavily as hell! It popped my shoulder when I tried to do that! (Getting old i guess)
I wasn’t gonna set it up right away so I figured I’d bring it into the house with the box and all until I was ready to unbox it. Yeah that was a big mistake!

What do you mean man? How much heavier is cardboard box?

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

New Mod from Lior!!!
Link to the Art of Pinball Thread below for more pics!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/2#post-5946933
Click for all the photos direct to the Instagram site
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHL-me4Hf5P/
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic. IMHO it looks better than the CE shooter plate. LE owners can pimp out their machine to look better than the CE.

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Sorry but no.... LOL
Just jealous they couldn't get a CE or afford it.

That's totally your opinion man! I love the LE as is! I like it stock better than the CE to be honest, love the red, and artwork. Suits the game better. Also I like the CE artwork, nothing bad about it, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on the LE at all. Also I'm not even a fan of a shooter plate, so mod or CE doesn't matter to me personally, because I personally don't want a skull there. The action button sculpt looks better with the guns, so the mod to me looked better than the CE. But...that's just my opinion, and what makes me happy! I'm not jealous at all, I didn't miss out on the CE because I can't afford it, or got denied...Just didn't appeal to me. That's all, why would I be jealous when I'm getting an LE, we are both playing the same game. It's like you bought a Mustang and I bought the same one, but I'm jealous because yours has racing stripes...lol. Also I personally never liked toppers, I think they are silly and don't ad anything to the game. Only topper I actually like is Monster Bash, and MM, as well as Black Knight from Stern. Otherwise, not a fan of them. I like playing pinball and CE and LE have the same pinball playing experience, except for a lock that I could care less about! Also to be completely honest...I hate the modified GnR cross on the side of the back cabinet. As an AFD fan, and a fan of that album/artwork it just doesn't sit well with me seeing Adler and Izzy replaced and the cross being extended. Cheers, enjoy your CE!

#2318 3 years ago

Anyone know, or think they will add any more songs? Is it even possible?

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

My record assembly came loose again.
Attaching the exploded view from the manual.
I can’t seem to tighten #4 to the disk #11.
I put pressure on the spinner and tighten #15 with my 1/4 nut driver but it doesn’t seem to tighten up. So I’m guessing it’s stripped or maybe I just need to lift the decal up and put a screw driver on #16 while tighten #15?
But then, if I lift the decal, will my decal on the disk be ruined?[quoted image]

Are you using locktite?

#2637 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

After comparing the list JJP gave me to my personal machine, it appears the only incorrect quantity was on the 3/8 o.d. post rings. JJP said 8, I count 14. The rest of the quantities in the kit I created should be good to go 100% for the LE model. New link to the corrected kit.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1503

Thanks for the hard work. Appreciate it!

1 week later
#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It was just announced GNR are coming to Australia next year for massive Stadium concert tour .
They're playing them on the radio all day today and giving away tickets , I don't know if I should go or not as I'll have the concert experience in my back room

Notice their logo on the promotional poster for that...Original GnR Cross logo, not that mess they put on the side of the CE cabinet.

#2913 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

[quoted image]

Yup, that's the logo that should of been on the machine, not the extended one with new members. If you're designing a cabinet based on Appetite for Destruction, you use the original cross. But I don't care since i didn't get the CE, but if I was a GnR fan and purchased the CE, that would bother me. Espeically if the original band gets back together, which they were super close in doing prior to the Not in this Lifetime Tour.

Edit: Previous poster just said the longer cross suits the side cabinet...true. Good point. Visually it suits that area, but what bothers me is this idea of a "new" GnR, and all the songs are from GnR without those extra people. I don't even know why they added to the band.

#2915 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Now I understand your point with Appetite F.D..... but what about Melissa and Frank?... they’re part of G N’R and they’re in the game.

Yah, I agree, it's a tough call. I'm just glad I don't have the extended cross anywhere in the LE. But you're right aesthetically it looks better and the other members are part of the game, but do you need to change a band logo? They really haven't done anything beside tour with the band. They took no part in making ANY of the songs and to eliminate Izzy and Adler from the logo is a disrespect, because Izzy wrote most of the songs that band plays on stage. Adler was the man that produce the drumming the new guy Frank just copies. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, but I don't think Melissa and Frank and Dizzy would be mad if they use the GnR logo. Like I said...look at the logo they are using in an upcoming tour, it's the classic one. Interested to see if they use this Jersey Jack extended logo in any GnR material going forward.

#2986 3 years ago

I saw a slash hat with a pinball shooter rod somewhere and now I can't find it. Anyone know who's making that shooter rod?

#3053 3 years ago

Anyone have video of the Jukebox attract mode?

#3055 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Does anyone have a GNR I can buy?

It's funny, we don't hear about any new owners here, or unboxing, or anything. Its the same 5-8 ppl in here that own the game. Wonder how many LEs they are making a week. We had a few new people in this thread last month, but it was all SE's. Seems like the rollout is slow, and if its because they are figuring out playfield issues, then I'm cool with that, take your time.

#3105 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Here's a screenshot during one of songs in Jukebox mode with the setting Music plus Video & Lights.
[quoted image]

Nice! I wish there was an option to have the video portion just show the graphics instead of the live concert footage. Would of been perfect!

#3109 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I'm pretty sure the custom animation doesn't run the entire time behind them during a concert. A lot of the time the big screen behind the stage is showing the band. Its not all live footage in Jukebox mode.

You may be right...but if I recall correctly, there is a custom animation running through the whole concert, it may not be on the back screen but in the "Not in this Lifetime" tour, I believe there was a constant animation on the stairs as each step had a screen. Could be wrong, it's been a while since I last saw them live. Also there is a constant animation in the corner when the live is being shown, and they switch between the two, so I believe there is an animation for the entire song.

#3244 3 years ago

Month ended....no merch.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 9.36.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-30 at 9.36.27 PM (resized).png
1 week later
#3546 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I was told my game was shipping either last Friday or today....and it showed up today. Nice surprise!!!
No Slash poster in the box was a minor disappointment BUT The Spaghetti Incident? The F$!&ING SPAGHETTI INCIDENT? Unbelievable.
The incredible sound and light show are tempering my disappointment but I’ll learn to live with it.
[quoted image]

Spaghetti Incident is much better than Chinese Democracy. Also do I see finger prints? Did someone try out the record easter egg?

#3673 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

....the idiot is going to shit everything down ....

Holy Shut, too funny!

1 week later
#3931 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was about to give up hope. Based on the LZ thread, GNR shots are shit. Thank you so much. I will keep my order for GNR!

Pinball is fun, I've played quite a few machines and enjoyed some more than others. GnR is the only pin that put a permanent smile on my face the whole time I was playing it. It's fun, I'm not going to over analyze the shots, flow, art, music etc..to me it was instant fun and that's exactly what I want from a machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
7,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=BallPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.