IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8075 3 years ago

Just received our GNR LE yesterday.
Wow, Just wow are we having a blast playing this game.

Now please excuse me if these two questions have been answered here already as I have not had time to go through this thread like I need to yet.

I only have two issues that effect game play as pictured in these two photos.

1. The left ramp diverter is not flush to the left side of the ramp. This causes the ball to sometimes smash directly into it and send the ball screaming back down the ramp. I see that there are two nuts holding it in place but they only seem to allow for up and down movement of the diverter.
The only way I can see to fix this would be to remove the diverter and physically bend it a bit, but that is a last resort.

2. It looks like 2 flat head screws are missing from my ramp exit area. Correct? Can't imagine this would be left loose on purpose.
Now I realize that by putting in whatever size screws are apparently missing it will move my ramp just a smidge to the right. But after holding it in place with my fingers, it still does now allow the diverter to stay completely out of the balls way.

Any tips or tricks appreciated.

IMG-9986 (resized).jpgIMG-9986 (resized).jpgIMG-9988 (resized).jpgIMG-9988 (resized).jpg
#8261 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Is anyone else having problems with their spotlights? My left spotlight quit moving up and down, talked with JJP technical support and they are sending me a new assembly. Just looked at my right spotlight and noticed the plastic linkage that moved the light up and down is broke as well, guess I will have to replace both now.

Yes. 3 days in on ours and the left spotlight stopped moving up and down.
The linkage is totally busted.
Sent a tech support email but they won’t get ii until Monday.
Guess they may need to beef these parts up a bit.

#8263 3 years ago

Couple of quick questions.
What lights the locks on the Gibson upper ball lock? (Other than Mystery awards)
And is the girls voice in the game callouts Melissa from the band or a voice actor?

#8615 3 years ago

Is there another source for the Symbol decals other then Pingraffix?
I was going to purchase a set then found out they charge the flat $8.75 shipping on these.
Maybe it is just me, but it bothers me knowing they can be sent for a postage stamp.
I looked for other things to put in the cart with them but could not find any other items I wanted.

#8626 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you want to DIY it, you can get some inkjet vinyl cling paper and just print them yourself. If you have a cricut or a cameo4 you can make a perfect circle cut, but even without it, you should be able to get reasonable results.
But even with shipping, ~$16 shipped for two isn't TERRIBLE. You'll probably waste more than $16 of time tracking down the materials to make your own.

Thanks.
No it is not the end of the world or anything.
Just thought I would ask here before biting the bullet and way over pay for shipping.

1 week later
#8944 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Just an FYI…I’m on 1.20 and got my first Encore freeze in a long while. It appears that it is mostly fixed as I think this was a fringe case with the timing. I was on Mr. Brownstone with one ball left, and I lost the ball down the left outlane with a Coma ball save in play…during which the song then went into the Applause jackpot timing (last 15 sec of song). Unfortunately I didn’t hit the center scoop in time and lost a big jackpot. The game then went into the Encore animation and froze.
I’ll submit via JJP support ticket to let them know too. Anyone else seen this one crop up again?

Yes. Just had this happen a couple of days ago.
But we were not paying any attention to what was going on when it happened. Had to reboot the game to fix.
We are running whatever the latest full release code is. Not a beta.

1 week later
#9484 2 years ago

Just installed our replacement left side spotlight a few days ago.
It has the newer white servos and works like a champ.
Our right side one went out as well but Ken at JJP has been so nice working with us and already has the replacement on the way.
They realize they got a bad batch of these things and are taking care of everyone that has them break.
This game is freaking amazing. My whole family has become JJP snobs. lol
We were not even slightly tempted with the Mandalorian release today.

#9536 2 years ago

We have been waiting on our sling rubbers to pop and it finally happened.
Replaced with the spares in the coin box.
I know that people have been having luck with ordering 1/4" size up.
What size are the rings that shipped so I can order some slightly larger replacements for when these two blow.

2 weeks later
#10394 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

If you hold the action button when scoop is lit to start the mode it will disable it

Wow. So glad to get this clarified. We kept trying to hold the button down after the ball went into the scoop to start the mode as that made the most sense.
Glad there is at least a way because Desert Demo is useless until it gets programmed.

#10424 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You’d still need to play it to get to Not In This Lifetime right (assuming it’s there already, lol)?

Probably.
My son got to Not in This Lifetime last week. He only will tell me that it was mind blowing. lol
Will be awhile before I even get close.

#10725 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Make sure the switch is centered in the cutout. If that doesn’t solve it you can bend it down slightly.

This is correct.
I had to do this to most of my inlane and outlane switched as well as the top rollovers.
Most came from the factory way to high and would interfere with game play.
Just make sure the ball will still trigger the switch when it rolls over it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10993 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For scoring: fender! Possibly best patch in game.

And the best washer in the game.

Sorry could not resist.

1 week later
#11394 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I noticed today my axl magnet stopped working. JJP is sending a new coil. For those that have put in a new one, did it last? Seems like it will just go bad again

I have a new magnet coil on the way as well. Turns out there is a fuse under the coil wrapper that blows. I guess it is not easily replaceable because they just mailed me an entire new coil.
Maybe they have addressed this issue with coding so it won't happen again. But I have no idea if they have or not.

#11492 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure it's a thermal switch and not a fuse.

Thanks. I'm sure you are correct.
Went back and looked at my email from Jersey Jack and they did call it a fuse. Oh well. Either way it failed. lol.

#11507 2 years ago

Got my new magnet coil installed today.
Works great.
Decided to take a peek under the wrapper on the old coil.
Here is a photo just for fun.

17055011-A4B8-4254-A2F5-ABB8C55E19E5 (resized).jpeg17055011-A4B8-4254-A2F5-ABB8C55E19E5 (resized).jpeg
#11540 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This really is kind of a kludge solution for the magnet coil. I wonder if they could manage the heat better by changing the duty cycle, hard pulse to grab and then into a hold pattern that's less hard on the coil until the ball is released.
Or maybe even some kind of resistance output on the coil line so when the resistance gets above a certain point, the software knows and the magnet feature is just not available, so software compensation takes over? Seems like there must be a better way...
Did you get a picture with the whole part visible so the number is shown that would give us a clue what temp it's turning off at?

I saved the coil. So I will take another photo it a bit and post it up.

*Edit* and here it is

96E9E53E-751D-43C6-A03F-EB2E12A15896 (resized).png96E9E53E-751D-43C6-A03F-EB2E12A15896 (resized).png
#11700 2 years ago

After installing my new top magnet coil from JJP I played one game and the magnet grabbed the ball perfectly. Once.
It has never grabbed it again.
I put the game in coil test mode and when I hit the start button the magnet will repel the ball but it does not grab it.
Is the normal?
When during a game should this magnet be active?
My old broken coil would not do anything in the coil test mode so at least this one is doing something.
Just wish it would grab the ball during a game like I know it should.

#11703 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I believe the magnet should be active whenever you need to collect Axel

That does make sense.
My very first shot with the new magnet did grab the ball.
But it has yet to do it again many games in.
Frustrating.

#11815 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Amazon has the EVGA Gold 550W ATX power supply on sale right now for $40. Retail is $119, and street is usually around $75-80, so a very good deal on a good power supply to have on hand if you have any JJP machine from Wonka forward. Cheap insurance against a power supply failure at exactly the wrong time.
amazon.com link »
Good deals today on the 650W ($55) and the 700W ($70) Gold+ too, but they're a little overkill in a JJP machine unless you're modded out the wazoo.

Thanks,
Grabbed one to keep in my cabinet for the future.
Great price.

3 weeks later
#12719 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Added a few more cool trinkets to the front of GNR LE. Fridge magnet and GNR AFD keychain. This game is so much fun to mod!
[quoted image]

Looks great. Where did you get the fridge magnet? All I can find online are full size posters and very large poster magnets.

2 weeks later
#13310 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Great find .
I couldn't decide , but I ended up going with a red set .
The detail on them is full on .
And they're so cheap , ( compared to what's "officially" available ) it doesnt matter if you decide you don't like them .
Did you just super glue them to the plexi .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Edit , I saw you say , you basically use fishing line , I'll try super glue

Love the look of these red drums.
I do think I would take off the mic because it is way out of scale for the drum set.
Who uses a mic that is as large as a bass drum? lol.

1 year later
#23769 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Download the beta. The next release is coming along.

What is new in the beta code?
What is being worked on for the next release?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I recently got conflicting reports.
Eric told me new code was coming soon.
Then I go to the IAAPA show in Orlando last month the the guys in the Jersey Jack booth tell me no new code is coming anytime soon. That they have higher priorities. WTH?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=Arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.