IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 568.
#4851 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As there is already a steel ball being launched around the playfield I suspect no damage will be incurred when it does eventually appear. I am betting I'm not the only one in this hobby that lost a screw, washer, or even tool while doing service only to have it mysteriously appear during a random game lol. Replace with any nylon nut and Play that awesome game.

That random game is always a great game though. Do you stop the game or finish the ball and risk letting it scratch something????

#4852 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Extra lights are literally just the under and behind cab light strips that you can easily add yourself for $20. The LE art imo is the best as well, but either choice is great. Both are beautiful, but other than a minimal ball lock mech, and glitter, you can add all the other features onto the LE for under $1000 easy.

You can improve your LE for sure. But I have seen the CE and LE side by side today. The CE is superior. It’s stunning. The sparkle in the playfield is freaking gorgeous.

#4853 3 years ago

LTG

Is this post atop the plastic correct? We had a broken rubber underneath but do not see how it attaches only around the two posts. It seems like this post attached to the top of the plastic should be underneath.

Didn't see anything in the manual on the rubber placement.

20210113_142746 (resized).jpg20210113_142746 (resized).jpg20210113_143143 (resized).jpg20210113_143143 (resized).jpg20210113_143158 (resized).jpg20210113_143158 (resized).jpg
#4854 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The question is, how do the lights interact with the game and how would an LE owner hook them up?

I’m sure it can be done if somebody really cares, but honestly I don’t think they’re that big of a deal. I wouldn’t personally bother with them. The glory of this game is on the play field.

#4855 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You can improve your LE for sure. But I have seen the CE and LE side by side today. The CE is superior. It’s stunning. The sparkle in the playfield is freaking gorgeous.

It should be superior. It was $3000 more. Like I said, both are amazing. Every mod can be added to the le other than sparkle and the ball lock that doesn’t really change anything . I had my choice of either model day one and I just personally liked the le better. It’s completely subjective, but yeah the CE is gorgeous just like the LE. Hell, I played an SE last week and even that one looks much better in person. Jjp did great on all models.

#4856 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Is this post atop the plastic correct? We had a broken rubber underneath but do not see how it attaches only around the two posts. It seems like this post attached to the top of the plastic should be underneath.

These pictures may help.

LTG : )

DSC00445 (resized).JPGDSC00445 (resized).JPGDSC00446 (resized).JPGDSC00446 (resized).JPG
#4857 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The question is, how do the lights interact with the game and how would an LE owner hook them up?

Yeah I’m curious how much of a difference it makes being all addressable RGB leds. Like can you even tell from the player’s perspective or does it just end up looking like 1 solid color. If that’s the case, the sound activated undercab lighting kits may be an OK alternative.

#4858 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

As well as the Sparkle the CE also has Green lower pf highlights compared to LE Blue highlights. Sorry about the low res, Im sure that they both look amazing in real life.

20210114_084643 (resized).jpg20210114_084643 (resized).jpg20210114_084711 (resized).jpg20210114_084711 (resized).jpg
#4859 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lmao ...even though he’s in Indiana he’s 4 1/2 hrs away .I have talked with him I’m sure We’ll meet up at some point .I’m just getting started let’s see how much insanity my wife can take

Show up at around 11 PM… but just make sure you tell him Dave from the mod couple said it was OK.

#4860 3 years ago

The stage is set. It's Guns n Fricken Roses, go Big or go home! We knew we would have to raise the bar mighty high to be worthy of the front of this amazing game. Introducing our full detail 3D Guns n Roses Illuminated coin door shadow box Mod. We really wanted to push some new challenges and detail with this game for a full 3D effect top to bottom front to back. Starting with our custom laser etched rose/ivy/skulls acrylic lense truly gives a new depth to detail when lit or not. Resin cast high precision pieces each individually Hand painted, airbrushed, and clear-coated unique down to the airbrushed Gibson guitar. .45 cal logo hand painted bullets and each 3D piano Custom made to order based on game model and number! Available for SE, LE, and CE. Plug and play installation with instructions included. Each customer will need to provide their personal game number after order or we will reach out. The band is ready, order now! LOVING this game, thanks to all for your support and interest. Available now.

The Mod Couple

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1A (resized).jpg1A (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#4861 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As there is already a steel ball being launched around the playfield I suspect no damage will be incurred when it does eventually appear. I am betting I'm not the only one in this hobby that lost a screw, washer, or even tool while doing service only to have it mysteriously appear during a random game lol. Replace with any nylon nut and Play that awesome game.

Thanks! I just really needed some validation it was OK to play, it's my first and I don't want it to get hurt.

#4862 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The stage is set. It's Guns n Fricken Roses, go Big or go home! Available now.
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

mqdefault (resized).jpgmqdefault (resized).jpg

#4863 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Extra lights are literally just the under and behind cab light strips that you can easily add yourself for $20. The LE art imo is the best as well, but either choice is great. Both are beautiful, but other than a minimal ball lock mech, and glitter, you can add all the other features onto the LE for under $1000 easy.

Topper?
Signed by the band?

Plus the backbox and undercab are part of the lightshow, they're scripted

#4864 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Topper?
Signed by the band?
Plus the backbox and undercab are part of the lightshow, they're scripted

Yeah, I’m not sure the le is programmed to duplicate the light show of the CE, likely it’s not. For wonka, the undercab lights in the CE did not work in the standard that I had.

#4865 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

About $75

#4866 3 years ago

So the skill shot after being shot goes back to the plunger area most of the time. Should I slightly bend it backwards to fix it? What's your guys opinion?

#4867 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Off the Modcouple site... $109.00

Very nice mod!
A0A0B6D3-C557-4364-8FBE-9D5D5BFF159C (resized).pngA0A0B6D3-C557-4364-8FBE-9D5D5BFF159C (resized).png

#4868 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The stage is set. It's Guns n Fricken Roses, go Big or go home! We knew we would have to raise the bar mighty high to be worthy of the front of this amazing game. Introducing our full detail 3D Guns n Roses Illuminated coin door shadow box Mod. We really wanted to push some new challenges and detail with this game for a full 3D effect top to bottom front to back. Starting with our custom laser etched rose/ivy/skulls acrylic lense truly gives a new depth to detail when lit or not. Resin cast high precision pieces each individually Hand painted, airbrushed, and clear-coated unique down to the airbrushed Gibson guitar. .45 cal logo hand painted bullets and each 3D piano Custom made to order based on game model and number! Available for SE, LE, and CE. Plug and play installation with instructions included. Each customer will need to provide their personal game number after order or we will reach out. The band is ready, order now! LOVING this game, thanks to all for your support and interest. Available now.
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Impressive, two thumbs up Mod Couple! It looks amazing!

#4869 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Impressive, two thumbs up Mod Couple! It looks amazing!

Thank you very much though much of this creation was my wife’s vision. For such a unique and immersive game we needed to stay true to the wonderful experience that is JJPGNR. What an adrenaline rush this game is. If only I played better.... lol

#4870 3 years ago

I put similar rgb exterior lights on a few games of mine a few years ago that were triggered by different things. While it was neat it wasn't very noticeable in my dark room while playing and I haven't bought any since as it doesn't add much to the player perspective. It was cool lighting up the room as a spectator but its mostly just me playing anymore . Still neat to have on the ce with all the other differences but only thing I really wld ever see is the playfield and topper/ sound bar . I dont think the the ce is in anyway superior especially for 3k more but it's a gorgeous package and I wld get one if the option came up for a fair number. However the le is amazing in it's own right and I'm totally fine with it as im sure many others are also. I'd even be happy with the se and what it offers for the price. Jjp did a great job on all g@r models and bc of that they have their best selling pin and a machine that most people will want in their collection at some point. Great job to everyone involved...

#4871 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

So the skill shot after being shot goes back to the plunger area most of the time. Should I slightly bend it backwards to fix it? What's your guys opinion?

Try loosening the nuts, angle it more towards the left > playfield exit, retighten.

#4872 3 years ago

Karl's livestreaming GnR right now with temp gauge on-screen as part of the testing baseline of coil temps for the Pinmonk JJP fan kit before the fans are added. I'm interested to see how high they go in 90-120 minutes. If you are, too...

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

Edit: jjGnR is the new raw coil temp record holder at 219F after 2 hours. Destroyed Rick and Morty's 187F record.

#4873 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try loosening the nuts, angle it more towards the left > playfield exit, retighten.

I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the insight.

#4874 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the insight.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

No problem. And to clarify - you want it to be higher on the cab side, lower on the playfield side so it is angled down to the left towards the playfield exit (counterclockwise adjustment). I’ll try to get some pics if that doesn’t make sense.

#4875 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl's livestreaming GnR right now with temp gauge on-screen as part of the testing baseline of coil temps for the Pinmonk JJP fan kit before the fans are added. I'm interested to see how high they go in 90-120 minutes. If you are, too...
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball
Edit: jjGnR is the new raw coil temp record holder at 211F after 1hour 8 minutes minutes. Destroyed Rick and Morty's 187F record.

Wow that's warm and I'd bet alot of fading took place? Have u tested other jjp pins in particular potc?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4876 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow that's warm and I'd bet alot of fading took place? Have u tested other jjp pins in particular potc?

Just doing JJP now. jjGnR is the first tested. It'll be interesting to see what it holds the temps down to once the fans are turned on.

But yeah, jjGnR and jjPotC are the two I get the most requests for that don't have kits yet. So they're tested first. It should be for sale soon if there are no hiccups in testing. Ideally the kit will work for all JJP.

#4877 3 years ago

As far as the LED's for the undercab/backbox, I'm betting it's similar to my homebuilt PC that has addressable RGBW lighting built into the motherboard, either that or it's a separate addressable controller. This would supported by the motherboard if it's possible. Now if JJP made those RGB headers unusable in the firmware for the LE then we're out of luck...I can't imagine they made only 500 special boards for the RGB headers, too much cost there. So unless they code it out, there should be a way to access or add on those lights. The reason I say addressable and not just alligator clipped GI strip LED's is that you can see different lights on the strip performing different ways during the Jukebox mode.

#4878 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'm sure they are hot but even having group events at the house running that game full multiball city for 6 strait hours we never noticed any issues at all with the flippers? Granted we didn't put our fingers on them but that seemed like common sense lol.

#4879 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm sure they are hot but even having group events at the house running that game full multiball city for 6 strait hours we never noticed any issues at all with the flippers? Granted we didn't put our fingers on them but that seemed like common sense lol.

The hotter right one is a 11629, the biggest coil, so it can power through heat better, but still has fade.

#4880 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The hotter right one is a 11629, the biggest coil, so it can power through heat better, but still has fade.

Not doubting but curious if there is an actual manufacturer heat fail point defined? I have seen this (I assume heat) issue with API games and Spooky games but not so much on JJP personally. Guess it would help if I was a good enough player and could notice the difference lol.

#4881 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not doubting but curious if there is an actual manufacturer heat fail point defined? I have seen this (I assume heat) issue with API games and Spooky games but not so much on JJP personally. Guess it would help if I was a good enough player and could notice the difference lol.

From what I've been told, the temp testing hasn't been done by any of the manufacturers (dunno about CGC, but all the others). It's kind of a weird oversight because I think there's a lot of science in there that can help mitigate the heat/resistance loop before fans become necessary.

The reason I moved JJP to the next on the list to adapt the Tibetan Breeze kit for primarily is I've had a lot of players asking for a kit for jjPotC and jjGnR. Karl was really not feeling the flippers on longer games due to the fade and since I haven't gotten a GnR to do the testing firsthand, he offered to test to speed the development along. So fade on it is a thing, for sure.

#4882 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I have all JJPs except GnR and flipper fade is very noticeable for me in longer gameplay sessions. Any game where you spend a lot of time in multiball cradled up is a major culprit...Hobbit, Pirates, GnR for sure...could easily see WoZ as well. I'm 100% a buyer for JJP kits.

#4883 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I have all JJPs except GnR and flipper fade is very noticeable for me in longer gameplay sessions. Any game where you spend a lot of time in multiball cradled up is a major culprit...Hobbit, Pirates, GnR for sure...could easily see WoZ as well. I'm 100% a buyer for JJP kits.

The big mystery for me is why on Spike2 pins cradling up doesn't raise the temps appreciably. Spooky/JJP and older Sterns the temp keeps going up as long as you cradle up, but on Spike you see a change of only a degree or two in a half hour of cradling solid. Awesome, but I don't get why that's the case (at least not yet).

#4884 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Good points. I guess thats why I questioned it or didn't notice. GnR is by code design a game that does not Allow you to cradle the ball or the mode ends unlike traditional game play. I know the fans Do work well on those other titles no doubt. Cool stuff.

#4885 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

GnR is by code design a game that does not Allow you to cradle the ball or the mode ends unlike traditional game play.

During the song modes, yes, but there can be loads of cradling before the song modes during booster multiballs.

Thank you PinMonk for sending out the test equipment. Very much looking forward to seeing the change with fans in play next session and glad to have a solution for JJP games finally!

#4886 3 years ago

I have definitely noticed fade in hobbit and potc on longer games.... I'm sure g@r will also do to all the mb.

#4887 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The big mystery for me is why on Spike2 pins cradling up doesn't raise the temps appreciably. Spooky/JJP and older Sterns the temp keeps going up as long as you cradle up, but on Spike you see a change of only a degree or two in a half hour of cradling solid. Awesome, but I don't get why that's the case (at least not yet).

Can you measure current draw on coils as part of your testing Vic ?

Hold has to be minimal right ? Guessing same coils used in Spike 2 if so, I can only guess there must be a sweet spot that Stern has found/produced in the drive circuit ?

Thanks for your efforts Vic.
I'm lucky not to play long enough to experience fade, but I could imagine how much it must suck. Pretty unfair for tourney players too I reckon.

#4888 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Can you measure current draw on coils as part of your testing Vic ?
Hold has to be minimal right ? Guessing same coils used in Spike 2 if so, I can only guess there must be a sweet spot that Stern has found/produced in the drive circuit ?
Thanks for your efforts Vic.
I'm lucky not to play long enough to experience fade, but I could imagine how much it must suck. Pretty unfair for tourney players too I reckon.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff I want to measure (playstyle button frequency, hold frequency, current, etc) to try to answer the "why" some arrangements perform better than others, and some flipper coils get really hot fast while others only get moderately hot or take a long time to heat up. But for now, I'm trying to get the kits adapted to all the major platforms first, then try to answer the bigger questions. A JJP kit will be the third platform, then I have older Stern SAM/Whitestar and B/W to do.

Stern uses smaller coils than something like the 11629. 219F would destroy Stern coils, but the 11629 on GnR powers through it, a little weaker, but still working. But something is different about the Spike hold pulses because there's almost no heat added while in hold. That's the biggest mystery so far. I would think dual wound bally/williams coils could compete with that, but no. They continue heating up when held on the machines tested.

#4889 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I put similar rgb exterior lights on a few games of mine a few years ago that were triggered by different things. While it was neat it wasn't very noticeable in my dark room while playing and I haven't bought any since as it doesn't add much to the player perspective. It was cool lighting up the room as a spectator but its mostly just me playing anymore . Still neat to have on the ce with all the other differences but only thing I really wld ever see is the playfield and topper/ sound bar . I dont think the the ce is in anyway superior especially for 3k more but it's a gorgeous package and I wld get one if the option came up for a fair number. However the le is amazing in it's own right and I'm totally fine with it as im sure many others are also. I'd even be happy with the se and what it offers for the price. Jjp did a great job on all g@r models and bc of that they have their best selling pin and a machine that most people will want in their collection at some point. Great job to everyone involved...

Don't forget the COMA lock

#4890 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

As far as the LED's for the undercab/backbox, I'm betting it's similar to my homebuilt PC that has addressable RGBW lighting built into the motherboard, either that or it's a separate addressable controller. This would supported by the motherboard if it's possible. Now if JJP made those RGB headers unusable in the firmware for the LE then we're out of luck...I can't imagine they made only 500 special boards for the RGB headers, too much cost there. So unless they code it out, there should be a way to access or add on those lights. The reason I say addressable and not just alligator clipped GI strip LED's is that you can see different lights on the strip performing different ways during the Jukebox mode.

I believe it’s coded out. The wonka CE undercab lights did not work on my standard.

#4891 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Don't forget the COMA lock

Doesn’t that lock basically just act like a second ball trough, releasing a ball back to the ball trough itself? I’m guessing it was an afterthought mech just to try to add to the CE list. That’s how I understood it works from hearing eric talk about it. It’s something I guess, but didn’t miss it on the other models I’ve played.

#4892 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Doesn’t that lock basically just act like a second ball trough, releasing a ball back to the ball trough itself? I’m guessing it was an afterthought mech just to try to add to the CE list. That’s how I understood it works from hearing eric talk about it. It’s something I guess, but didn’t miss it on the other models I’ve played.

Yes, it’s like a second drain. Once the post releases the ball, it goes down to the ball trough.

#4893 3 years ago

Does the Coma Lock have the ability to put the ball back in play? or does it just drop the locked ball into the trough and then the trough kicks a ball back into play?

#4894 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Does the Coma Lock have the ability to put the ball back in play? or does it just drop the locked ball into the trough and then the trough kicks a ball back into play?

No, it just drops it into the trough.

#4895 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Nice work on the side blades!! They match the LE look really well. I was going to do black chrome, but I think I like this even more. Thank you for sharing!

After giving it a lot of thought , I think the black mirror blades are the way to go .
They accentuate the light show but not overpowering and give the whole cabinet a more dynamic feel .
My only concern is how tight it will be and possible scratches , I hope cabinet protectors will solve that problem .

#4896 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No, it just drops it into the trough.

That’s exactly what I thought. I originally thought it would be way cooler and fire the ball back into the play field. Unfortunately, it definitely isn’t anything that adds to the game imo.

#4897 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thank you very much though much of this creation was my wife’s vision. For such a unique and immersive game we needed to stay true to the wonderful experience that is JJPGNR. What an adrenaline rush this game is. If only I played better.... lol

Please sign me up for one of these

#4898 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just doing JJP now. jjGnR is the first tested. It'll be interesting to see what it holds the temps down to once the fans are turned on.
But yeah, jjGnR and jjPotC are the two I get the most requests for that don't have kits yet. So they're tested first. It should be for sale soon if there are no hiccups in testing. Ideally the kit will work for all JJP.

An interesting note - I had a coil burn out in my wonka a week or so after getting it. Nothing else was damaged...transistors all seemed fine etc...but the plastic wrap on the coil literally came off from the heat.

Not sure if this is related or not...

#4899 3 years ago

I have noticed the coil on the diverter, the curved one on the ramp to upper Playfield gets almost too hot to touch after playing. Don't think coil fade is an issue with this one.. It does get damn hot though

#4900 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No problem. And to clarify - you want it to be higher on the cab side, lower on the playfield side so it is angled down to the left towards the playfield exit (counterclockwise adjustment). I’ll try to get some pics if that doesn’t make sense.

Makes sense now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/98?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.