IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 562.
#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where did you get the red shooter? The standard is black yes?

Does anyone make a large size Bullet shooter knob? Seems that would look rather cool in this pin.

#4752 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Does anyone make a large size Bullet shooter knob? Seems that would look rather cool in this pin.

This is my planned version.

shooter (resized).jpgshooter (resized).jpg
#4753 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

The specs say it has bluetooth "v2.1 + EDR" (whatever that means) and it's been working flawlessly. So maybe that's a clue? Perhaps the gear inside the pinball machine is more reliable with an older Bluetooth device?

EDR = Enhanced Data Rate
It was a much bigger deal back when the BT 2.0 spec was released.

I have been told that we will soon see a software update that should hopefully address the existing BT connectivity issues.

This is my Yamaha SR-C20A sound bar ("topper"), which honestly outperforms any similar-sized/priced Bose, Sony, or Vizio.
It has two full size drivers, dual passive radiators, and a built-in 3-inch "sub." You can also turn off the front LED indicators within the app.

20210109_221227 (resized).jpg20210109_221227 (resized).jpg
#4754 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

EDR = Enhanced Data Rate
I have been told that we will soon see a software update that should hopefully address the existing BT connectivity issues.
This is my Yamaha SR-C20A sound bar ("topper"), which honestly outperforms any similar-sized/priced Bose, Sony, or Vizio.
It has two full size drivers, dual passive radiators, and a built-in 3-inch "sub." You can also turn off the front LED indicators within the app.
[quoted image]

A few questions from someone with no soundbar experience .
Does it make a big difference
Does it sound good
Does it automatically pair when you turn the game on
Does it work in conjunction with the back box speakers
Is there a delay
Thanks for any feedback .

#4755 3 years ago

Yes it's awesome. When enabled in settings the jukebox starts up right after you power up the machine, and any time you're not in a game it picks a song and goes on again.
If you want to stop it, just hold the Action button till you see confirmation on screen.
Here are some examples, each are a minute or two's worth:
November Rain
Live and Let Die
Coma:

OMG! I can’t wait for mine

#4756 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I added a sub to mine the other day. Wow, what a difference. Really helped balance out the midrange level. I used the pinnovators kit.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/guns-n-roses-limited-edition/products/pinsub-subwoofer-kit-multi-system-blue

Thank you! Just ordered the kit plus the extension cord

#4757 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I was thinking about this for a while now. I agree it should be considered, I mean, there’s a hole in the skull. Plus, since the gnr logo background is in fact a bullet... it could be the perfect match for the knob

#4758 3 years ago

On the topic of Bluetooth support... thought I'd mention that I hooked up an older Yamaha ATS-1060 sound bar that we bought at Costco several years ago. The specs say it has bluetooth "v2.1 + EDR" (whatever that means) and it's been working flawlessly. So maybe that's a clue? Perhaps the gear inside the pinball machine is more reliable with an older Bluetooth device?
Having played with the Bluetooth a little bit now I have to say I like the fact that the pinball machine remembers what volume you were at for the Bluetooth versus the built-in speakers. It is kind of a bummer that when you hit the Bluetooth button on the front of the pinball machine, the pinball machine doesn't automatically reconnect to something that you connected to previously but I really have to hand it to Keith and company for the way they implemented the Bluetooth connection menus on the screen, it is very intuitive and easy to use.
All in all, using the sound bar which I just placed on top of the head is really working great for me, and the sound is damn good. I also have a subwoofer-out RCA port on the back of the sound bar which I connected up to a 12-in powered sub that sits underneath my pinball machines, but it's almost not even necessary because this particular sound bar does have a pretty decent bottom end.

GnR looks to be the most epic pin from ANY manufacturer to date. Now we can just hope the game gets the audio support from JJP hardware engineers and sound mix team to take JJP GnR pin over the top.

So far we have Integration and Lights that are Amazing !
Video and art that are next level !
Oh man , and thank you Eric, Slash and Team JJP for Juke Box !!!!!!!! This is a must for EVERY music pin.
insert ( Ripped off with Iron Maiden ! .... )

But then, Sound ??? What's goin on.
Audio is obviously one of the major components to any pinball, especially a music pin.

I'm shocked to hear so many pinsiders with GnR audio issues ??? Lets hope JJP gets the sound quality/mixing and BT connections to the ultimate level of satisfaction and reliability soon.

ps, it is understandable that the new BT hardware will have compatibility and teething problems, just hoping there is a strong focus to get this awesome tech to a well functioning and user friendly level.

#4759 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I added a sub to mine the other day. Wow, what a difference. Really helped balance out the midrange level. I used the pinnovators kit.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/guns-n-roses-limited-edition/products/pinsub-subwoofer-kit-multi-system-blue

Highly recommend Pinnovators as well, Great products, excellent communication and customer support.

These 3 bad boys run the pinnovators kits and a well defined/set up, sub is kick ass on any pin.

Gonna be interesting when my first JJP........ GnR turns up.......... 3 against 1 , haha.

Challenge Call out to JJP team to whack Stern Pinball in the audio quality department as well ????

pisd (resized).jpgpisd (resized).jpg

#4760 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

EDR = Enhanced Data Rate
[quoted image]

Is there a way to hook it up besides bluetooth? I hear BT sucks right now on gnr.

#4761 3 years ago

There is a headphone jack, you can use that.

Quoted from Dantesmark:

Is there a way to hook it up besides bluetooth? I hear BT sucks right now on gnr.

#4762 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

There is an audio out jack in the backbox. You could split it there.

#4763 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Yes, Marco I do believe as it was recommended with the skull surround. You also need a shorter spring:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9253-KN51943
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/266-5010-00

Marco is out of the red shooter now, but Pinball Life also has it and less expensive.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-rod-red-translucent-knob.html

#4764 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

A few questions from someone with no soundbar experience .
Does it sound good
Is there a delay
Thanks for any feedback .

I can address these, one at a time...

It makes a difference, but of course YMMV due to differences in brands, sizes, features etc of various sound bars. For example, highdef uses a similar but smaller soundbar than mine, and he is saying that even though his smaller one doesn't have discreet tweeters in it, it sounds good. That's a plus because the one I happened to have lying around is wider than the head of the pinball machine, which looks a bit off. I did just buy a cheap, off-brand soundbar that's 32" to test with as a potential long-term solution. I'll be messing with it later today and if it's any good I'll report back.

Does it sound good
Damn good, but IMO because it is situated above your head it won't be as impactful as other cabinet designs where a high-quality and amplified 2-way driver is installed aside the DMD/LCD display. It is difficult to make comparisons because it isn't a music pin but FWIW my R&M sounds clearer during gameplay. I hesitate to say that if R&M was playing music it would beat the soundbar atop GNR but it's possible. What I can tell you is that when I have the soundbar active on GNR and the volume is up it certainly fills the room. Not sure but that might annoy whoever is nearby playing a different pin. Just food for thought.

No. When the game comes on the internal cabinet audio is active. You have to hit the button that's on the left side of the coin door to make the change to use bluetooth every time you boot up the machine. You then need to use the BT config menu to select the soundbar as the source to connect to every time. This is something I hope they can add to what's currently in place - namely the ability for it to automatically re-connect to the last-used device if you simply hit the button on the cab.

no. if you connect to bluetooth it silences all internal audio.

Is there a delay
Not that I can see/pick up on, no.

Finally, on the topic of splitting the signal coming off the motherboard... a couple of things come to mind which I observed during testing. First off, the intensity of the line-level signal takes a hit when you use a simple 'Y' splitter. The line-level signal also takes a hit when it passes thru the ground loop isolator. (it just does, it's seems unavoidable.) Soooo, when I use a simple Y splitter and configured both halves of the signal to employ a ground loop isolator, I found that it was difficult to get the overall volume to where I wanted it. As another Pinsider mentioned earlier, the better approach is to use a headphone amp with multiple outputs as opposed to the simple Y splitter. They start at about $25 on Amazon, I just don't have one to test with. Of course the point of wiring a soundbar up this way (as opposed to via bluetooth) would be to make it so you could send the signal to the soundbar via an aux input on the soundbar, avoiding the need to re-connect via bluetooth. Be careful though, as many modern soundbars don't include an aux input nowadays. One other advantage to choosing bluetooth for the soundbar connection is that many soundbars also integrate DSPs that expand the theoretically compressed audio being shared via bluetooth. In theory, and with all else equal, for some soundbars it could just 'sound better' if you play it via bluetooth.

#4765 3 years ago

These are the cherry on the top!
20210111_163115 (resized).jpg20210111_163115 (resized).jpg20210111_170222 (resized).jpg20210111_170222 (resized).jpg20210111_170113 (resized).jpg20210111_170113 (resized).jpg20210111_170102 (resized).jpg20210111_170102 (resized).jpg20210111_170229 (resized).jpg20210111_170229 (resized).jpg

#4766 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

These are the cherry on the top![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!! those sideblades are sick!!!! Guess i will have to check out Tilt graphics for those.

#4767 3 years ago

Is there a delay
Not that I can see/pick up on, no.

There is a delay if you can get Bluetooth to work. It’s about 1/2 second. Keith Johnson confirmed this during an interview.

#4768 3 years ago

This is the best pinball in the world. PERIOD! There I said it. No regrets.

#4769 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for sharing this. I was on the fence about getting these for my LE. Definitely a good look.

#4770 3 years ago

It takes a while to understand the complexity and form a strategy. The more you play it, the better it gets.

This game is very underrated.

Quoted from Skyemont:

This is the best pinball in the world. PERIOD! There I said it. No regrets.

#4771 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

very nice!

just ordered a set and they are on sale too!

#4772 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It takes a while to understand the complexity and form a strategy. The more you play it, the better it gets.
This game is very underrated.

This has been my experience as well....the more I play, the better it gets.

#4773 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

There I said it. No regrets.

Its not very Pinside of me if I don’t post this in response
350A13A8-393E-4D60-8809-99F5CB90E079 (resized).jpeg350A13A8-393E-4D60-8809-99F5CB90E079 (resized).jpeg

#4774 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Did you have to pull the playfield out to install them?

#4775 3 years ago

Made this topper for my GNR pin

IMG_2690 (resized).jpegIMG_2690 (resized).jpeg
#4776 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Nice work on the side blades!! They match the LE look really well. I was going to do black chrome, but I think I like this even more. Thank you for sharing!

#4777 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Did you have to pull the playfield out to install them?

Hell no, I never do that to install them. Just take your time and find the top edge of the side board with the decal. Takes 2 minutes, I always have the playfield raised up to get on either side of it.

#4778 3 years ago

If it helps I cut a 2x4 and prop the back end of playfield up (to bottom of cabinet )with front on the stands .Everytging is completly out of the way ,easy as throwing a magnet on your refrigerator .

#4779 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If it helps I cut a 2x4 and prop the back end of playfield up (to bottom of cabinet )with front on the stands .Everytging is completly out of the way ,easy as throwing a magnet on your refrigerator .

Got some pics of this process?
Would be very interesting to see it in action.

#4780 3 years ago

Ok one last time what do you guys think of th ce compared to the le?,I can get an ce now and not wait months and save a few thousand?

#4781 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Ok one last time what do you guys think of th ce compared to the le?,I can get an ce now and not wait months and save a few thousand?

If you're looking at a CE second hand that is going to cost almost twice that of an LE, for myself the differences don't justify the premium. Being an LE owner, the main thing I might potentially miss is the undercab and backbox lighting tied into the game. I'm not sure how much it adds but the more lights the better in my opinion. I'm hoping someone in the mod community comes up with something cool. The CE topper I don't really care about because I know Lior is going to come up with something incredible that is probably way cooler. I also prefer the LE art package better but that's up to personal opinion. The main drawback to an LE at this point is the 2-3 month wait before they start shipping again.

#4782 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

If you're looking at a CE second hand that is going to cost almost twice that of an LE, for myself the differences don't justify the premium. Being an LE owner, the main thing I might potentially miss is the undercab and backbox lighting tied into the game. I'm not sure how much it adds but the more lights the better in my opinion. I'm hoping someone in the mod community comes up with something cool. The CE topper I don't really care about because I know Lior is going to come up with something incredible that is probably way cooler. I also prefer the LE art package better but that's up to personal opinion. The main drawback to an LE at this point is the 2-3 month wait before they start shipping again.

Wondering the same thing. You can’t get a CE for 10k

#4783 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Wondering the same thing. You can’t get a CE for 10k

I mean jeese, you could keep your LE order and go buy pretty much any other game out there NIB to play for the same cost while you wait for your LE to ship.

#4784 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

You mean an SE? CE is the collectors edition and costs more than an LE

#4785 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

CE v LE?
No comparison,(except it is the same game), the CE is the version you want(unless you don't like the art package or are funds constrained.)

SE v LE?
Unless you can't stand the LE art package, wait for the LE.

#4786 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Sorry I meant the se

#4787 3 years ago

I am sorry I meant the se!

#4788 3 years ago

I can get a used se not a ce sorry,

#4789 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I can get a used se not a ce sorry,

That makes a bit more sense as there are only a dozen or so landed CE's.

#4790 3 years ago

I am asking the se owners out there that have played the le

I have played the le but not the se

#4791 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am asking the se owners out there that have played the le

I have played both and while both are fun there is sadly no comparison LE is the only option in my opinion. CE or LE, a coin flip if you have money to waste.

#4792 3 years ago

Sorry about that I can get those letters confused

#4793 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am sorry I meant the se!

That's what I thought. My advice is wait on your LE. No question about it.

#4794 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

That's what I thought. My advice is wait on your LE. No question about it.

The thread is being overrun by Cats!!! lol

#4795 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That is a shit ton of Felines!

#4796 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

1rcuo100.gif1rcuo100.gif
#4797 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Screenshot_20210112-142605_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210112-142605_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4798 3 years ago

That CE is incredible...... the reflections ...jeez!
It looks way better than all the proto and early release photos.
I sure wish I snagged one.
Still the LE is a beauty so I’m happy and looking forward.
The ONLY thing I really don’t like about the CE is the purple apron with the roses. It looks kinda dull compared with the LEs red.
It’s still a masterclass though

#4799 3 years ago

Seen some ce delivered on fb... sld start seeing more pics on here soon of them being delivered.

#4800 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

LTG : )

catthing2 (resized).jpgcatthing2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/96?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.