IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 568.
#4701 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

My guess is a software or firmware update from JJP is necessary. No doubt the technical team is on to it.
Edit , just realised Kermit recognises the problem as well.

This is true

61A28EC1-D0D6-4A1B-B7D8-EFD9040045D7 (resized).png61A28EC1-D0D6-4A1B-B7D8-EFD9040045D7 (resized).png
#4702 3 years ago

I hooked up my Bose ear buds to the Bluetooth with out any issues.

#4703 3 years ago

75 Plays on my LE and the playfield is flawless. I looked at it closely and cleaned/waxed it today. She’s a beautiful machine. With all the balls flying around I imagine we will have to do this often. I played my woz for awhile today and it seems like slow motion now haha. Going to order some ninja balls right away as the stock balls are dull. Also a titan set on standby is a must. I appreciate how the invisaglass channels are tight in this game and there is zero speaker rattle with the bass/shaker unlike my MBrm.

#4704 3 years ago

New flipper rubber is a must on this game. I went with the slim titans and its a vast improvement. Helps with the flipper hop too that I had.

#4705 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

For those having return trajectory issues from the upper pf, after 5 days of playing mine went from hitting the rubber just below the upper right flipper to hitting the metal guide for the plunged ball to playfield below it, I supposed next would be the right outlane.
If you unscrew this post and then push it forward and re-tighten it then you're back in action. When I went to unscrew mine I was surprised at how loose it was, you can sneak a skinny screwdriver through the ramp or I used a little 90degree ratchet screwdriver, no need to remove ramp and took one minute.
[quoted image]

Did this on mine. Worked like a charm. No more right outlane ball losses .

#4706 3 years ago

Skull shooter Rod came today .
It's pretty cool , lots of detail .

IMG_20210110_173217 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_173217 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_173249 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_173249 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_173334 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_173334 (resized).jpg
#4707 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Skull shooter Rod came today .
It's pretty cool , lots of detail .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You get mail on a Sunday?

#4708 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You get mail on a Sunday?

The Couriers come all days and hours now , it was good thing to wake up to .

#4709 3 years ago

What are your thoughts on the way the headphones sound on this machine. I may be having an issue with just mine. The volume is very low even when turned all the way up using either wired or Bluetooth. And the sound is terrible. Anyone else having this issue? Or any suggestions on fixes. I don’t have this issue with any of my other JJP games. All sound great with headphones. Thanks for any help given.

#4710 3 years ago
Quoted from Headwires:

What are your thoughts on the way the headphones sound on this machine. I may be having an issue with just mine. The volume is very low even when turned all the way up using either wired or Bluetooth. And the sound is terrible. Anyone else having this issue? Or any suggestions on fixes. I don’t have this issue with any of my other JJP games. All sound great with headphones. Thanks for any help given.

I haven’t been able to get Bluetooth headphones to work but plugged in they sound amazing. I will say that I have to crank the volume up to like 36-37 to get them decently loud but quality is excellent for me. Maybe check the audio connections at all places? One may be lose somewhere.

#4711 3 years ago
Quoted from Headwires:

I have the same exact issue. Quiet and poor quality. Pretty sure it’s not my headphones because my sterns sound great. It’s the one thing on GNR I dont like. I may ask my distributor to talk to JJP about it.

#4712 3 years ago

Any sense for when the next code update will be? The desert mini wizard mode desperately needs to be coded.

#4713 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have the same exact issue. Quiet and poor quality. Pretty sure it’s not my headphones because my sterns sound great. It’s the one thing on GNR I dont like. I may ask my distributor to talk to JJP about it.

Same with me. All my other pins (All JJP) sound great. It’s just this pin and it is the only thing I too am disappointed with.

#4714 3 years ago
Quoted from Headwires:

I’ve had zero issues with my headphones. They sound awesome plugged directly in, and it can get seriously loud.

#4715 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

sO WHERE Is that First In Home Photo of A CE G&R . Want to see it, better yet i want to be the first to post said picture !

Coming tomorrow, my friend! I’ll post an unboxing video and plenty of pics

#4716 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I’ve had zero issues with my headphones. They sound awesome plugged directly in, and it can get seriously loud.

Wish mine was that way. I need the headphones when everyone is a sleep lol. But that isn’t happening right now. Even with the volume all the way up you can barely hear anything. And the sound quality bites.

#4717 3 years ago
Quoted from Tbarne07:

Auto Plunge issue

Check out post 4059 above yours brother. Same exact issue???

#4718 3 years ago

This game is so ridiculously good. I am absolutely blown away by it so far. Just played "You Could Mine" for the 1st time. Holy shit what a good use of the shaker during that song.

#4719 3 years ago

The wait is finally over! No issues so far. I did change the balls because they looked a little dull. My boy was pretty pumped to get the first GC score.

2021-01-09 17.55.08 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 17.55.08 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 18.41.33 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 18.41.33 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 19.18.23 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 19.18.23 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 19.18.36 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 19.18.36 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 20.21.26 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 20.21.26 (resized).jpg
#4720 3 years ago

#542 in the house today. Flipper rubbers swapped out and lior mods going in next. Born on date was 12/20/20

D0F0AA99-9112-4C39-B507-94694BA50569 (resized).jpegD0F0AA99-9112-4C39-B507-94694BA50569 (resized).jpegE6CBFD02-8108-4AD6-8ED5-5524783BC38E (resized).jpegE6CBFD02-8108-4AD6-8ED5-5524783BC38E (resized).jpeg

#4721 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

#542 in the house today. Flipper rubbers swapped out and lior mods going in next. Born on date was 12/20/20.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#4722 3 years ago

I added a sub to mine the other day. Wow, what a difference. Really helped balance out the midrange level. I used the pinnovators kit.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/guns-n-roses-limited-edition/products/pinsub-subwoofer-kit-multi-system-blue

#4723 3 years ago

On the topic of Bluetooth support... thought I'd mention that I hooked up an older Yamaha ATS-1060 sound bar that we bought at Costco several years ago. The specs say it has bluetooth "v2.1 + EDR" (whatever that means) and it's been working flawlessly. So maybe that's a clue? Perhaps the gear inside the pinball machine is more reliable with an older Bluetooth device?

Having played with the Bluetooth a little bit now I have to say I like the fact that the pinball machine remembers what volume you were at for the Bluetooth versus the built-in speakers. It is kind of a bummer that when you hit the Bluetooth button on the front of the pinball machine, the pinball machine doesn't automatically reconnect to something that you connected to previously but I really have to hand it to Keith and company for the way they implemented the Bluetooth connection menus on the screen, it is very intuitive and easy to use.

All in all, using the sound bar which I just placed on top of the head is really working great for me, and the sound is damn good. I also have a subwoofer-out RCA port on the back of the sound bar which I connected up to a 12-in powered sub that sits underneath my pinball machines, but it's almost not even necessary because this particular sound bar does have a pretty decent bottom end.

#4724 3 years ago
Quoted from Headwires:

I’ve had the same issue. Very low volume even when maxed out. Same no matter which headphones I use.

#4725 3 years ago

Got my game yesterday, lit up my translight today. Before and after.

IMG_20210110_180425_776 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_180425_776 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_180425_778 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_180425_778 (resized).jpg
#4726 3 years ago

So the verdict is carbon balls? Are they a significant upgrade over stock? The vendor’s description mentions that carbon balls aren’t super shiny either...

#4727 3 years ago

Standard shiny balls are still plenty shiny. Get those and never look back.

#4728 3 years ago

I'm going to use the gold balls from back alley when my game finally shows up!

#4729 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Standard shiny balls are still plenty shiny. Get those and never look back.

Per posts above, the concern with standard balls is the magnet and getting magnetized

#4730 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Per posts above, the concern with standard balls is the magnet and getting magnetized

Standard balls won’t ever magnetize.

Get standard shiny balls from Titan pinball. I’ve never had one magnetize and have used them for years.

#4731 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd have new ones handy in case they magnetize quick.

I like to clean the easy to reach areas and give it a coat of wax and let it rip.
LTG : )

Am I misunderstanding him here about the likelihood of replacement balls magnetizing?

#4732 3 years ago

Also from ballbaron.com:

USE IN GAMES WITH MAGNETS: Some games which use magnets will rapidly magnetize the Ninja ball after just a few plays – those we are aware of include Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones (Stern), and Dialed In. Other modern Stern games can cause chrome pinballs including the Ninja ball to become magnetized over time, leading to balls sticking together (usually in the trough). If you suddenly experience drained balls not being “seen” by the game, your balls have become magnetized. If your game has magnetic features, try our Polaris carbon pinballs.

#4733 3 years ago

That’s ball baron. All theirs magnetize.

Titan pinball’s standard shiny balls don’t.

#4734 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks

#4735 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my game yesterday, lit up my translight today. Before and after.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you going to be selling this?

#4736 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

From Titans website....

NOTE: IF YOUR GAME USES MAGNETS, THERE IS A SMALL CHANCE THAT YOUR PINBALLS MAY BECOME SLIGHTLY MAGNETIZED, CAUSING BALLS TO STACK OR STICK IN THE BALL TROUGH OR TO EACH OTHER. EACH GAME IS DIFFERENT AND THESE CHROME PLATED BALLS CAN BE FINE IN MOST GAMES THAT USE MAGNETS, BUT NOT SUITABLE FOR SOME.

#4737 3 years ago

That’s from the super shiny pinball. Get the standard shiny ones.

#4738 3 years ago

This game is amazing. Eric has figured out how to catch lightning in a bottle. I hope JJP sells out of LEs they deserve the success.

#4739 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This game is amazing. Eric has figured out how to catch lightning in a bottle. I hope JJP sells out of LEs they deserve the success.

I agree with you 100%

That said, this is my first JJP pin in the 'Lawlor' redesigned cabinet. I had no idea just how much they'd broken the premium calibre sound platform as compared to e.g. THLE. Literally. WOZ and THLE are night and day better on this front. Bummer, but we can't live in the past.

I'm having a blast with it nevertheless. Love the light shows! It's just such a stark contrast (sound-quality wise) when I switch from e.g. R&M or TBL (or ever DPLE) over to GNRLE.

On the upside, oh boy am I having fun just staring at it while in jukebox mode. We really love live music here and the videos plus lightshows are such a great, unexpected feature. I made some short recordings of them to share with non pinheads and they think I'm nuts but yeah, cool stuff.

#4740 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I agree with you 100%
That said, this is my first JJP pin in the 'Lawlor' redesigned cabinet. I had no idea just how much they'd broken the premium calibre sound platform as compared to e.g. THLE. Literally. WOZ and THLE are night and day better on this front. Bummer, but we can't live in the past.
I'm having a blast with it nevertheless. Love the light shows! It's just such a stark contrast when I switch from e.g. R&M or TBL (or ever DPLE) over to GNRLE.
On the upside, oh boy am I having fun just staring at it while in jukebox mode. We really love live music here and the videos plus lightshows are such a great, unexpected feature. I made some short recordings of them to share with non pinheads and they think I'm nuts but yeah, cool stuff.

Whoa wait there is a jukebox mode? :O

#4741 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You have to enable it in the settings. You can do just music, music/video or music/video/lights. I'm not entirely sure of the controls but I know the lockdown bar button turns it on and switches songs. The only way I've found to stop it though is to enter and exit settings.

#4742 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Quoted from jhoward1082:

You have to enable it in the settings. You can do just music, music/video or music/video/lights.

The only way I've found to stop it though is to enter and exit settings.

Yes it's awesome. When enabled in settings the jukebox starts up right after you power up the machine, and any time you're not in a game it picks a song and goes on again.

If you want to stop it, just hold the Action button till you see confirmation on screen.

Here are some examples, each are a minute or two's worth:

November Rain

Live and Let Die

Coma:

#4743 3 years ago

Wow that’s so freaking awesome!!!

#4744 3 years ago

It’s a cool feature. Keep mine in music only mode for now so I cant see any of the song modes.
Yes, torture.

#4745 3 years ago

I tried my Bluetooth Galaxy Buds. They connected but the sound is very thin. I'm really not a fan of these earbuds, but I don't think they normally sound this bad. I tried my Sennheiser over the ear noise cancelling which I think sound great and was unable to connect. I may need to initiate pairing, I'll look into it some more. I also tried my wired Sennheiser's and they sounded perfect. I have headphone jacks on a handful of games. I always love it when I plug them in but find I rarely use it after testing. I can see this being huge on location if it's quick and easy with the wireless bluetooth. I'm sure the bugs will get worked out eventually. I find that bluetooth overall is a troublesome platform, I'm surprised someone hasn't figured out something better.

The game has about 50 plays in just over 24 hours, 40 of them are probably mine. I don't think I've ever put this many plays on a game in a day. The immersion and lightshow is so far ahead of anything I've ever played. Code clearly isn't finished, but is still a ton of fun. I got to an album mode a couple times today, I think it was a Use Your Illusion that was just some hot rods racing in the desert. Just a placeholder?. I'm a huge GnR fan, but I don't think I'm biased. If the game stunk I'd be super pissed. It's amazing and with some code polish I think will be one of the best ever. While I'm a big GnR fan there are some songs I'm done with, but I still pick them to see the lightshow. You don't need to be a fan to like this game, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

#4746 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Yes it's awesome. When enabled in settings the jukebox starts up right after you power up the machine, and any time you're not in a game it picks a song and goes on again.
If you want to stop it, just hold the Action button till you see confirmation on screen.
Here are some examples, each are a minute or two's worth:
November Rain
Live and Let Die
Coma:

Come on Seriously...... How can ANYONE not think that display of light animation and integration isn't kick Ass! I don't care which Brand you like you have to appreciate all that went into that fricken awesome display. Hate to say it but this will Never be replicated or beat for a pinball experience. Amazing stuff impresses me every time I play. Dare I say, if they simply rebooted this pin again with a different band I would be in again its that good.

#4747 3 years ago

liorillusion mods installed, shits looking good! Can’t wait for the topper reveal!

9C3CFD02-8ACF-414F-A82C-A924094ECE4E (resized).jpeg9C3CFD02-8ACF-414F-A82C-A924094ECE4E (resized).jpegA0E84E16-F924-4B1F-9078-B0C924B04322 (resized).jpegA0E84E16-F924-4B1F-9078-B0C924B04322 (resized).jpegF0BD84A0-8C1F-4170-A50F-809B11602AC6 (resized).jpegF0BD84A0-8C1F-4170-A50F-809B11602AC6 (resized).jpeg

#4748 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

liorillusion mods installed, shits looking good! Can’t wait for the topper reveal!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the red shooter? The standard is black yes?

#4749 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where did you get the red shooter? The standard is black yes?

Yes, Marco I do believe as it was recommended with the skull surround. You also need a shorter spring:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9253-KN51943

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/266-5010-00

#4750 3 years ago

Go ahead, Big Pimpin’! Lior the art of pinball rocks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/95?hl=pinhigh1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.