IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 568.
#4601 3 years ago

If I turn the switch on and off there is a low hum but no power to anything else. Called JJP and left a message

#4602 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Iā€™m hearing this a lot. Whatā€™s going on here?

Hmmm. I havenā€™t. Seen a few post of resets but itā€™s not prevalent.

#4603 3 years ago

Eureka! Thanks Steve and Barry for the quick help. Turns out the power supply cord wiggled itā€™s bugger self loose in shipping. Funny it let me play two balls first before going TU. So happy this was an easy fix! JJP support is the best.

#4604 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Eureka! Thanks Steve and Barry for the quick help. Turns out the power supply cord wiggled itā€™s bugger self loose in shipping. Funny it let me play two balls first before going TU. So happy this was an easy fix! JJP support is the best.

Fantastic. Their support is second to none! That includes you Lloyd!

#4605 3 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

#195 arrived today. Lots of issues unfortunately. I think thee machines just need to settle in.
Pitch 6.8ish
With the ball in the shooter lane and not touching anything, I score points and the annoying mic drop or unplugging a guitar sound keeps going off. Also in gameplay when hitting flippers I randomly get that mic drop sound over and over again like a switch is stuck or the vibrations from the shaker or flippers are triggering it. Also somehow I can achieve a patch by hitting the flipper buttons with the ball in the shooter lane? Maybe some wires are crossed. Oddly this does not happen during a song.
I do get consistent drains from the UPF to right out lane as well as off the initial launch going SDTM.
I also get hangups on the gate underneath the drumsticks in the right orbit.
The UPF Vuk coil needed to be increased from 10 to 18 in order to get the ball up on the bass ramp.
Working with JJP on a few of these.
Todd

Try calibrating the guitar, keyboard and skill shot sensors... Same test in settings for all.

#4606 3 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

#195 arrived today. Lots of issues unfortunately. I think thee machines just need to settle in.

The UPF Vuk coil needed to be increased from 10 to 18 in order to get the ball up on the bass ramp.
Working with JJP on a few of these.
Todd

I had the same issue with the upper playfield bass guitar vuk. Initially the vuk was too weak to make it up onto the bass ramp. So I had to increase the coil power quite a bit. As it turns out I discovered that the coil stop on that vuk coil was loose and too far away from the coil. Overtime it started causing all kinds of malfunctions with that bass ramp and that vuk. I ended up having to unscrew the entire mechanism and remove the two nuts for the coil stop and move it closer so that there was a tight fit. Completely solved the issue and I was able to turn the coil power back down to the factory settings. it works perfectly now. In general, there are a lot of things that were not installed correctly from the factory. Mostly having to do with screws not being tightened enough or cold solder joints. Seems to be pretty common on these LEā€™s. My guess is that there is some new personnel over there on the factory line that may be new to the job.

#4607 3 years ago

Well my right spot light, Left and right axis servo died. Moves up and down in test just fine but no Left or Right movement. I did notice that it got hung up on the far right hexagon led light casing durning a game.. and it was intermittant after that and now no left or right movement..

#4608 3 years ago

Damn...all these different issues out of the box is making me nervous about getting mine.
Seems like most people opening these pins have issues right away or within the first few games.

#4609 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Damn...all these different issues out of the box is making me nervous about getting mine.
Seems like most people opening these pins have issues right away or within the first few games.

Donā€™t worry. Not really more than any other new machine.

#4610 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Well my right spot light, Left and right axis servo died. Moves up and down in test just fine but no Left or Right movement. I did notice that it got hung up on the far right hexagon led light casing durning a game.. and it was intermittant after that and now no left or right movement..

Make sure the wires are routed properly and have slack to move around. If they donā€™t thatā€™s when the servos could run into trouble. Iā€™m sure JJP will take care of it if one of the motors is bad.

#4611 3 years ago

October 5, 2020 - GNR trailer! Pin release of the century! Amazing game and marketing job by JJP! I call my distributor and order a game.

94 days later ...

Jan 5, 2021 - no game and not expected to ship for a month or two.

Yes, I am whining about a luxury item, a toy. Someone get me some cheese!

#4612 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

October 5, 2020 - GNR trailer! Pin release of the century! Amazing game and marketing job by JJP! I call my distributor and order a game.
94 days later ...

Who is your distributor?

#4613 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

94 days later ...

If your talking about a CE Iā€™ve got plenty of cheese here for you if your tired of waiting?

865FA707-9466-43DC-8027-4EC0019A0695 (resized).png865FA707-9466-43DC-8027-4EC0019A0695 (resized).png
#4614 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

94 days later ...

LE or CE?

#4615 3 years ago

CEā€™s?

E392FBEE-5247-42E2-81A4-BF5D8F06F990 (resized).jpegE392FBEE-5247-42E2-81A4-BF5D8F06F990 (resized).jpeg
#4616 3 years ago

It so beautiful!!!

#4617 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Glad we were able to help.

#4618 3 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Try calibrating the guitar, keyboard and skill shot sensors... Same test in settings for all.

Also... Make sure the lens above the sensors are clean, a damp cloth is all you need to clean them.

#4619 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I think most people donā€™t come on here to say everything is perfect. The only issue I have had so far was the coma target needed adjustment.

#4620 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

CEā€™s?
[quoted image]

More than likely giving this pic.

Screenshot_20210107-122503_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210107-122503_Facebook (resized).jpg
#4621 3 years ago

Kaneda just said Distros are receiving games tomorrow.

#4622 3 years ago

These came in the goodie package... I think the Mylar is for in front of the flippers? Plastic caps I have no idea

FCD7EA01-EB7F-4FB7-BC5C-9900FAAF3D43 (resized).jpegFCD7EA01-EB7F-4FB7-BC5C-9900FAAF3D43 (resized).jpeg
#4623 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

More than likely giving this pic. [quoted image]

In this pic yes. Lol. But the other pic I wanted to make sure.

#4624 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Should have seen the Avengers thread. I ordered Avengers just before Gunners and was pleased to have them both coming. I got so nervous about all the issues with avengers that i cancelled my order. Their QC was incredibly lax, people were getting machines with many issues. Some of them were design issues where the balls would be stuck constantly in the subway etc. Haven't kept up with that thread since, but the amount of issues out of the box here are miniscule compared.

#4625 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Should have seen the Avengers thread. I ordered Avengers just before Gunners and was pleased to have them both coming. I got so nervous about all the issues with avengers that i cancelled my order. Their QC was incredibly lax, people were getting machines with many issues. Some of them were design issues where the balls would be stuck constantly in the subway etc. Haven't kept up with that thread since, but the amount of issues out of the box here are miniscule compared.

Pins are very complex. There is no perfect pinball except my Addams Gold. Other than that, you will have to work on your pins right out of the box. Machines are not putting these together. Will some have more issues than others, you bet. Iā€™m hoping mine is very minimal.

#4626 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Pins are very complex. There is no perfect pinball except my Addams Gold. Other than that, you will have to work on your pins right out of the box. Machines are not putting these together. Will some have more issues than others, you bet. Iā€™m hoping mine is very minimal.

QC is an organizational structure, it's not related to pinball, but to management practices. Some companies give this a higher priority than others.

Releasing a product with design faults is a different problem. I cancelled my order because of both these issues.

I know there are likely to be some issues with my JJP when it gets here. i also know that it was more likely there were going to be more serious issues with the avengers. that is all.
I'm not a fan of any particular company except Williams/Bally as you can see from my collection. Prob's have more Sterns than anything if you count companies still in existence.

If i wanted design faults I'd buy another Spooky, at least there's a payoff in quirk.

#4627 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

These came in the goodie package... I think the Mylar is for in front of the flippers? Plastic caps I have no idea

You opened the goodie bag?! Oh no your pin just dropped $1,000 in value to the snobs here.

#4628 3 years ago

I have 2 questions today:

1) My top-left pop bumper (the one with the cymbal) does not have any light. Is it normal ?
2) How do you increase "Make some Noise" value ? (multi ball launched when shooting under the top-right flipper)

thanks

#4629 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

[quoted image]

Mylar is for in front of the slings.

#4630 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I've already replaced my balls. They were not great.

Thatā€™s what she said

#4631 3 years ago
3187164C-AC7A-4F42-92EF-0148DB6A4489 (resized).jpeg3187164C-AC7A-4F42-92EF-0148DB6A4489 (resized).jpeg
#4632 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I have 2 questions today:
1) My top-left pop bumper (the one with the cymbal) does not have any light. Is it normal ?
2) How do you increase "Make some Noise" value ? (multi ball launched when shooting under the top-right flipper)
thanks

There is no light in the top left pop as it has a steel plate covering it for the cymbal. normal.

#4633 3 years ago

Guys, the black cap or caps from the lucky owner who received 2 of them in his goodie bag is a cover for your camera per a nice guy named Ken over at JJP. My game never came with a locking Hex wrench for the back box, but JJPā€™s support has been outstanding and he told me a few weeks ago. Lucky you could use one from other games. Great to hear some of us owners finally coming out of waiting dormancy.

#4634 3 years ago

I will never get work done again.

B2CC256B-A50D-4FBD-90A1-84FCE3192A21 (resized).jpegB2CC256B-A50D-4FBD-90A1-84FCE3192A21 (resized).jpeg
#4635 3 years ago

What is this?

Screenshot_20210107-182908_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210107-182908_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4636 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

What is this?
[quoted image]

Wtf?

#4637 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Interesting that they show GnR Standard Sold Out. Doesn't seem there were That many interested in the standard, Or there were Way more LE interests then expected.
[quoted image]

I don't think SEs are sold out....are they?

#4638 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I don't think SEs are sold out....are they?

Good guess that JJP know it's going to be a while before they go back on the line and don't want people whining that they are waiting to long.
Smart money may say that they'll open the order process back up for them once they are closer to putting them back on the line.

It's an entitled society nowadays. I want it and i want it now, applies like it does to children with us rich people.

#4639 3 years ago

Good guess that JJP know it's going to be a while before they go back on the line and don't want people whining that they are waiting to long. Certainty show as sold on their website.
Smart money may say that they'll open the order process back up for them once they are closer to putting them back on the line.
It's an entitled society nowadays. I want it and i want it now, applies like it does to children with us rich people.

#4640 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Good guess that JJP know it's going to be a while before they go back on the line and don't want people whining that they are waiting to long.

That would make sense

#4641 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I think it's a bit of a crap shoot with respect to QC, because in my limited time in this new hobby, it looks like whomever is on the line doing the work could actually affect the quality. Regarding AIQ, I have a Premium and like you was concerned about the subway issues but after following the forums realized that Stern fixed it so I purchased one and sure enough the mfg date was after the subway mech update and it has worked flawlessly. I did have 1 issue after just 10 plays with the spinner disc (disheartening), but Stern responded quickly (from a helpful contact from a Pinsider) and it was a 5 minute Loctite fix. Working perfectly and I probably have 700-800 games on it.

Now.....this is a JJP GnR thread.....so, like you I've been reading it closely to help me decide (thanks all of you owners - really appreciate the insight and thoughts on the game) and I'm slightly concerned reading about all these issues. When I test drove a LE recently, it did have some issues (balls getting stuck, odd ramp rejects sending the ball OFF the playfield and draining). My gut feel is major issues will get sorted out and minor issues can be dealt with DIY - realistically any order I place is 4-6 months out anyway so I'm more confident things will be OK.

GnR played well - lots of fun and and had that "one more game" feel - I'm leaning yes on it, but have some other considerations to deal with so can't quite pull the trigger yet.

Overall, although I'm a total noob, I'm coming to the conclusion to buy what you want to play because if you make a decision based solely on some type of QC reliability perception you may end up being more disappointed in the long run. I'm guessing there is a large standard deviation in pinball with respect to QC based on the assembly/manufacturing process. Also, those who have problems tend to report them more than those who don't - so there's that aspect.

In summary: Buy what you want to play. If I didn't have the other considerations to deal with at the moment, I'd order the GnR LE and not worry about any QC issues.

Just my 2 cents.

#4642 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I think it's a bit of a crap shoot with respect to QC, because in my limited time in this new hobby, it looks like whomever is on the line doing the work could actually affect the quality. Regarding AIQ, I have a Premium and like you was concerned about the subway issues but after following the forums realized that Stern fixed it so I purchased one and sure enough the mfg date was after the subway mech update and it has worked flawlessly. I did have 1 issue after just 10 plays with the spinner disc (disheartening), but Stern responded quickly (from a helpful contact from a Pinsider) and it was a 5 minute Loctite fix. Working perfectly and I probably have 700-800 games on it.
Now.....this is a JJP GnR thread.....so, like you I've been reading it closely to help me decide (thanks all of you owners - really appreciate the insight and thoughts on the game) and I'm slightly concerned reading about all these issues. When I test drove a LE recently, it did have some issues (balls getting stuck, odd ramp rejects sending the ball OFF the playfield and draining). My gut feel is major issues will get sorted out and minor issues can be dealt with DIY - realistically any order I place is 4-6 months out anyway so I'm more confident things will be OK.
GnR played well - lots of fun and and had that "one more game" feel - I'm leaning yes on it, but have some other considerations to deal with so can't quite pull the trigger yet.
Overall, although I'm a total noob, I'm coming to the conclusion to buy what you want to play because if you make a decision based solely on some type of QC reliability perception you may end up being more disappointed in the long run. I'm guessing there is a large standard deviation in pinball with respect to QC based on the assembly/manufacturing process. Also, those who have problems tend to report them more than those who don't - so there's that aspect.
In summary: Buy what you want to play. If I didn't have the other considerations to deal with at the moment, I'd order the GnR LE and not worry about any QC issues.
Just my 2 cents.

In my experience, JJP machines take more dialing in out of the box than Sterns. Yes, I know, they have more stuff blah blah blah. But almost certainly a JJP machine will involve pulling the glass dozens of times in the first few weeks of ownership. It's better to expect that going into a purchase.

#4643 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

What is this?

There is one on the WOZ too.

LTG : )

#4644 3 years ago

Definately not trying to make it Stern V JJP, i don't really believe all that crap. I just think the virus has made a big turnover in staff that contributes to the QC issues. the big one that made the difference in avengers was the design issue. Couldn't believe that wasn't discovered before games shipped, play testing machines in the factory before shipping should have revealed it, let alone development testing.

I may still get one down the track if all that shit is fixed.

But anyway, Gunners!

#4645 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is one on the WOZ too.
LTG : )

It's a joint dispenser. Blunts out the bottom and scoobies out the top.

#4646 3 years ago

And let it begin......$20K for a CE in the marketplace.....

#4647 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's a joint dispenser. Blunts out the bottom and scoobies out the top.

Does anybody want to venture a guess what the hellthe white switch is for.

#4648 3 years ago

I think also there are quite a few newbies in the hobby as a good number of these issues arnt really big issues at all for a seasoned hobbiest (no disrespect to anyone who has posted an issue of course) but I do think that is a factor.

#4649 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Does anybody want to venture a guess what the hellthe white switch is for.

Looks like an on/off rocker switch. Maybe undercabinet lights??

#4650 3 years ago

I put my external sub, and game on this outlet so I can control it together and also surge protect.

63A20E43-BD6A-42F7-8373-8FEFF13F2F4C (resized).png63A20E43-BD6A-42F7-8373-8FEFF13F2F4C (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/93?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.