pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 563.
#4551 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Try these mate, I think the Haus may do them soon hopefully
The 2 best supplies down under
https://pinballhaus.com/
https://www.rtbb.com.au/
Speaking of parts, no one has mentioned balls ?
Guessing JJP balls are great from the factory ?
My first JJP so I don't know

Balls and Rubbers suck. You may want to order new sets now!

#4552 3 years ago

Just posted. OMG.

6790D2FB-24E3-4E21-AB1F-4343C8B6E85C (resized).jpeg6790D2FB-24E3-4E21-AB1F-4343C8B6E85C (resized).jpeg
#4553 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Balls and Rubbers suck. You may want to order new sets now!

Ah ok, thanks for that.
I haven't read anything bad about balls, just bad flipper rubbers ? I was thinking JJP being a premium product would be using first class balls and rubbers ?

#4554 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Ah ok, thanks for that.
I haven't read anything bad about balls, just bad flipper rubbers ? I was thinking JJP being a premium product would be using first class balls and rubbers ?

I've already replaced my balls. They were not great.

#4555 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just posted. OMG.
[quoted image]

keep calm (resized).jpgkeep calm (resized).jpg

It has begun......

#4556 3 years ago

Well it is here! Now to get it downstairs and set it up. Looks like I am number 361.

20210105_143558 (resized).jpg20210105_143558 (resized).jpg
#4557 3 years ago

Has anyone with a machine looked at splitting from the hot rails and adding another set of rgb led's under cab/backbox, mimicking the CE to some degree. I wouldn't have thought it would be particularly difficult.

EDIT - or is their a spot on a board already? same board for ce and le?

#4558 3 years ago

# 304 has arrived ... wow, what a machine!

IMG_2673 (resized).jpegIMG_2673 (resized).jpegIMG_3171 (resized).jpegIMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
#4559 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

# 304 has arrived ... wow, what a machine!

Nice score Vicki

#4560 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Try these mate, I think the Haus may do them soon hopefully
The 2 best supplies down under
https://pinballhaus.com/
https://www.rtbb.com.au/
Speaking of parts, no one has mentioned balls ?
Guessing JJP balls are great from the factory ?
My first JJP so I don't know

Thanks, i'll get onto Babak, he's just shipped me 50 ninjas and 50 carbon balls. Didn't think to ask him if he does titans. I use Nino all the time too.

#4561 3 years ago

Not that I am super anal about stuff, but I went over my machine just to see if I had any clearcoat issues and It does.One looks like a crack and the other seems to be overspill that will probably crack eventually. Game born date was 12/20. Haven't even plug it in yet.

20210105_201208 (resized).jpg20210105_201208 (resized).jpg20210105_201327 (resized).jpg20210105_201327 (resized).jpg
#4562 3 years ago

Also hope this isnt a bad sign. I was checking my plugs to make sure everything was secure and the board had, "no good" written on it with a sharpie. Kind of makes me nervous . Hopefully it works.

20210105_203024 (resized).jpg20210105_203024 (resized).jpg
#4563 3 years ago

I would just make sure and take detailed pics, send to your distro to get it documented and let them know if any of this gets worse.

#4564 3 years ago

This game is fantastic
Just played the Propaganda mode
Not sure how I got it

Very cool , “ let’s play a game “

#4565 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Game of the century if you ask me

This game has the best light show and sound
I’ve ever played before
And I’ve played many

Who knew Slash had such developing skills

#4566 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I’ve ever played before
And I’ve played many

Yeah. Really hoping Eric tools some notes and observed Slashes creative process for his next pin. Lol

#4567 3 years ago

Maybe a little sandpaper to sand the lip off?

Quoted from Gambeno:

other seems to be overspill

#4568 3 years ago

Looking to beef up the Bass on your G&R machine? I came up with this mod because I was very disappointed with the bass response from the stock setup. Super happy with how this turned out and easy to do!!

#4569 3 years ago

Silly question.

Is that clear or is that Mylar? There is Mylar is that area...

Quoted from Gambeno:

Not that I am super anal about stuff, but I went over my machine just to see if I had any clearcoat issues and It does.One looks like a crack and the other seems to be overspill that will probably crack eventually. Game born date was 12/20. Haven't even plug it in yet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#4570 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I’ve ever played before
And I’ve played many

Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah. Really hoping Eric tools some notes and observed Slashes creative process for his next pin. Lol

After all these years, Slash finally found his calling.
JJP...Slash...The Matrix...2022

#4571 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Silly question.
Is that clear or is that Mylar? There is Mylar is that area...

Good lookout! After touching it a bit I believe it is Mylar.

#4572 3 years ago

Btw, this games light show is INSANE. Videos do not do it justice.

#4573 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Btw, this games light show is INSANE. Videos do not do it justice.

Glad to hear this. From some of the LZ guys, GNR is nothing but lights and boring.

#4574 3 years ago

Excellent.

Quoted from Gambeno:

Good lookout! After touching it a bit I believe it is Mylar.

#4575 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would just make sure and take detailed pics, send to your distro to get it documented and let them know if any of this gets worse.

This is just one benefit of purchasing your game from a trusted distributor - the good ones are unbelievable advocates.

#4576 3 years ago

Interesting that they show GnR Standard Sold Out. Doesn't seem there were That many interested in the standard, Or there were Way more LE interests then expected.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 11.07.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-05 at 11.07.23 PM (resized).png
#4577 3 years ago

So one thing I'm getting is that we should be replacing all the rubbers on the game with something like a Titan. Does anybody have a list of all the rubbers or is somebody offering a kit for this game already that I can purchase from my CE?

#4578 3 years ago

Forgive me if someone already mentioned this, but I would love to see JJP implement the ability to create and save player profiles in a future firmware update.

I love how TBL has this feature and wish others would do the same, particularly for home users. It makes it so much easier to save scores and/or achievements.

#4579 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

So one thing I'm getting is that we should be replacing all the rubbers on the game with something like a Titan. Does anybody have a list of all the rubbers or is somebody offering a kit for this game already that I can purchase from my CE?

There is already a ring list on Titan. In my opinion the only Must on arrival are the (2) flipper rubbers. Stock is Old School rubber and will not last and for me throw the game off.

#4580 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There is already a ring list on Titan. In my opinion the only Must on arrival are the (2) flipper rubbers. Stock is Old School rubber and will not last and for me throw the game off.

Tyvm... Putting in my other today

#4581 3 years ago

#195 arrived today. Lots of issues unfortunately. I think thee machines just need to settle in.

Pitch 6.8ish

With the ball in the shooter lane and not touching anything, I score points and the annoying mic drop or unplugging a guitar sound keeps going off. Also in gameplay when hitting flippers I randomly get that mic drop sound over and over again like a switch is stuck or the vibrations from the shaker or flippers are triggering it. Also somehow I can achieve a patch by hitting the flipper buttons with the ball in the shooter lane? Maybe some wires are crossed. Oddly this does not happen during a song.

I do get consistent drains from the UPF to right out lane as well as off the initial launch going SDTM.

I also get hangups on the gate underneath the drumsticks in the right orbit.

The UPF Vuk coil needed to be increased from 10 to 18 in order to get the ball up on the bass ramp.

Working with JJP on a few of these.

Todd

#4582 3 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

#195 arrived today. Lots of issues unfortunately. I think thee machines just need to settle in.
Pitch 6.8ish
With the ball in the shooter lane and not touching anything, I score points and the annoying mic drop or unplugging a guitar sound keeps going off. Also in gameplay when hitting flippers I randomly get that mic drop sound over and over again like a switch is stuck or the vibrations from the shaker or flippers are triggering it. Also somehow I can achieve a patch by hitting the flipper buttons with the ball in the shooter lane? Maybe some wires are crossed. Oddly this does not happen during a song.
I do get consistent drains from the UPF to right out lane as well as off the initial launch going SDTM.
I also get hangups on the gate underneath the drumsticks in the right orbit.
The UPF Vuk coil needed to be increased from 10 to 18 in order to get the ball up on the bass ramp.
Working with JJP on a few of these.
Todd

I would put the game is switch test to help you get to the bottom of that. Could be a stuck switch or too sensitive.

#4583 3 years ago

Anyone have issues with the right spotlight? The lights are fine but mine won't move up and down. It'll move left and right. Checked all the connections and they are good.

#4584 3 years ago

From Post 1017:

Quoted from wdbthree:

Great support from JJP today. For anyone who has a spotlight that isn't making full range of motion, here are the things we tried (mostly obvious, but: thought I'd pass along):
-Under Setting, Test, Device Test: put spotlight through paces and see what is not working (for mine, vertical axis on the left spotlight)
-Check the two 3-pin servo connectors/wires directly behind the spotlights. reseat to confirm good connection
-Check the connector on the Playfield Controller Board; reseat to confirm solid connection and that wires are intact (see attached pic)
-Swap the 3-pin servo connectors between the left/right and run Device Test again. Basically: confirm it's a mechanical issue vs. a signal/wiring issue.
In my case, move on the step #5: wait for a new Left Spotlight Assembly to replace the faulty specimen. I asked for the servo make/model to just try swapping it out in the interim; but: the engineers discourage DYI. They need to be calibrated as an assembly (which the warranty will cover).
In the meantime, going to keep playing the hell out of this game. saggy spotlight or not.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Looprunner:

Anyone have issues with the right spotlight? The lights are fine but mine won't move up and down. It'll move left and right. Checked all the connections and they are good.

#4585 3 years ago

This game is awesome, but the drains sdtm are real. The game is a lot tougher then I thought it was going to be. One question I do have is the spinning record suppose have some play in it? Mine isnt low or wobble or anything, but I can pull up on it and seem to cant tighten screw anymore.

#4586 3 years ago

For those having return trajectory issues from the upper pf, after 5 days of playing mine went from hitting the rubber just below the upper right flipper to hitting the metal guide for the plunged ball to playfield below it, I supposed next would be the right outlane.
If you unscrew this post and then push it forward and re-tighten it then you're back in action. When I went to unscrew mine I was surprised at how loose it was, you can sneak a skinny screwdriver through the ramp or I used a little 90degree ratchet screwdriver, no need to remove ramp and took one minute.

Upper PF return guide post (resized).jpgUpper PF return guide post (resized).jpg

#4587 3 years ago

Service Bulletin 12/08/20 NOTE:

My game is #469 born on 12/20, I checked the bulletin before first game and mine had the flat washers the bulletin said some shipped without, so I thought I was good.
First game last night on the 8th day of play I heard a thud, looked in the cab and there was the Diverter jam plate and screws/washers. When I set up the game all I did was look and notice the flat washers were there, but after thinking back on it my flat washers were installed on the wrong side of the lock washers.
So new owners if you're checking the bulletin and see the silver flat washers be sure to look closer and see if the darker lock washers are in front or behind them. The order should be screw, lock washer, flat washer, jam plate. If yours are backwards just get an Allen wrench and unscrew it and put it all back in the correct order. Maybe this could use some locktite but that wasn't included in the bulletin either.

#4588 3 years ago

CE owners rejoice. CE's on the line. they even tossed in an Eric.

ce on the line (resized).jpgce on the line (resized).jpg

#4589 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

CE owners rejoice. CE's on the line. The even tossed in an Eric.
[quoted image]

#4590 3 years ago

After getting the jam plate sorted I added a few things, here's how the Tilt speaker blades and flipper toppers look, and some Titan accent colors on the bottom 3 flippers, left the top mini rubber factory since it was better than the bottom ones and kept some original red. I think the yellow brightens up that flipper area and ties in with some yellow down there, and a purple looked really good on the upper right but decided to go with the electric blue for now. The tilt toppers are a lighter red than I would've wanted but still add some nice accent.

IMG_3338 (resized).jpgIMG_3338 (resized).jpgIMG_3332 (resized).jpgIMG_3332 (resized).jpgIMG_3336 (resized).jpgIMG_3336 (resized).jpgIMG_3334 (resized).jpgIMG_3334 (resized).jpgTilt Blades (resized).jpgTilt Blades (resized).jpg
#4591 3 years ago

<blockquote cite="#6057570"One question I do have is the spinning record suppose have some play in it? Mine isnt low or wobble or anything, but I can pull up on it and seem to cant tighten screw anymore.

That’s normal.

#4592 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

<blockquote cite="#6057570"
One question I do have is the spinning record suppose have some play in it? Mine isnt low or wobble or anything, but I can pull up on it and seem to cant tighten screw anymore.
That’s normal.

Yes, it should float up and down. Gravity keeps it in place.

#4593 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

This game is awesome, but the drains sdtm are real. The game is a lot tougher then I thought it was going to be. One question I do have is the spinning record suppose have some play in it? Mine isnt low or wobble or anything, but I can pull up on it and seem to cant tighten screw anymore.

That is normal for the spinner.

#4594 3 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

This is just one benefit of purchasing your game from a trusted distributor - the good ones are unbelievable advocates.

You got that right!I had an early Wonka that was a real lemon I called Zach @ Flipnout and he worked directly with JJP to work it out.By the way I still love playing it!

#4595 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

CE's on the line. they even tossed in an Eric.

Maybe he'll be one of the surprises people find in their game ?

LTG : )

#4596 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For tech support?

#4597 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

For tech support?

No. To help drink your beer.

#4598 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just got an email that my LE will arrive in the first half of february. Glad to know it won't be long now.
By the time my machine reaches europe he could be an extra skeleton in the game. Better keep him there for some new cracking game to develop.
My earlier won signed by the inhouse designers upper playfield is also on route to me so i am quite happy with his autograph on that one. I contacted JP de Win also to sign it and he is onboard for that. Benefit of living in the same country. The only designer missing is unfortunately Slash. But who knows. Maybe i am one of the lucky ones to find a signed poster in the box and that would complete it.

#4599 3 years ago

First game on LE. Played for about 5 minutes and collected all band members and started a song. Machine went power off like it’s blown a fuse. Can’t find anything obvious loose...where should I start?

#4600 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

First game on LE. Played for about 5 minutes and collected all band members and started a song. Machine went power off like it’s blown a fuse. Can’t find anything obvious loose...where should I start?

I’m hearing this a lot. What’s going on here?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/92?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.