IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 568.
#4451 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

I suppose most of us will have to live vicariously through Karl and his twitch streams. Doing that right now in fact...

I love Karl's streams and look forward to watching them...after I get my game. I don't want to spoil the joy of discovery before my CE lands.

Hopefully not too much longer.

#4452 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It’s been like that from 2013 to today. I don’t think it will change. I’m ok with 1 a year. That’s just me.

I’m okay with that too. But they aren’t making one new game a year.

#4453 3 years ago

Today when I started a game, the 4 Vendor patches were not available. I always try to collect those first and thought it was odd that they were not in the line up. Has anyone noticed this? A few games later they were in the line up again.

#4454 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I love Karl's streams and look forward to watching them...after I get my game. I don't want to spoil the joy of discovery before my CE lands.
Hopefully not too much longer.

Same here. I haven’t even watched a video of the lights. Trying to be totally surprised.

#4455 3 years ago

I've watched Karl's latest stream 3 times already. I'm not even buying the game. It's awesome!!

#4456 3 years ago

Some Inspiration from Karl’s stream + tips from Hogbog in chat and...
What would you pick!?! I’m shitting bricks, Do you think I cashed out or continued?

6E69BD0E-C1D5-4853-B674-02DAB9373607 (resized).jpeg6E69BD0E-C1D5-4853-B674-02DAB9373607 (resized).jpeg
#4457 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Today when I started a game, the 4 Vendor patches were not available. I always try to collect those first and thought it was odd that they were not in the line up. Has anyone noticed this? A few games later they were in the line up again.

I haven’t noticed. Which are the 4 vendor patches? Is that the set that lights extra ball?

#4458 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Some Inspiration from Karl’s stream + tips from hogbog in chat and...
What would you pick!?! I’m shitting bricks, Do you think I cashed out or continued? [quoted image]

Damn! 4 times any jackpots I've seen. What tips did you learn outside of the stream? Anything to share?

#4459 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Some Inspiration from Karl’s stream + tips from hogbog in chat and...
What would you pick!?! I’m shitting bricks, Do you think I cashed out or continued? [quoted image]

Cash out for sure....What a score

#4460 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Damn! 4 times any jackpots I've seen. What tips did you learn outside of the stream? Anything to share?

Band member patches boost that members scoring while band frenzy is active. i.e. get Slash’s hat and you’ll boost his scoring switch when band frenzy is active (at least i think that’s how it worked). I believe I had Slash, Vater (Frank), Duff, Axl, and one other - Melissa maybe? I also had the fender patch which helps considerably (hashtag Goren!!). Reality is I don’t honestly know how much the band frenzy boosting helped as I had a bit of a lucky game going into that song by collecting a lot of booster jackpots prior and a starting song level of 152 with the Gun/Rose patch for increased scoring in the Paradise City song.

As for the game, I know the song really well so knew I was at the tail end, If I could cash in an applause and encore, I could have had a 100 mil game. So i went for it! ....and.....collected! However, the freakin encore song was patience haha and my adrenalin was so pumping i was not ready to hear that song. Drained but managed to beat Thirst for Carnage for the first time and ended just shy of 100 mil at 98 mil! Wtf!!?! So close to the 100 mil club haha.

#4461 3 years ago

Working on replacing rubbers and can’t remember if this left lane post originally had a ring or not? Mines missing.
Thx for refresher!

EB94EF72-2423-4D34-81DE-27FFED5D8957 (resized).jpegEB94EF72-2423-4D34-81DE-27FFED5D8957 (resized).jpeg

#4462 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Band member patches boost that members scoring while band frenzy is active. i.e. get Slash’s hat and you’ll boost his scoring switch when band frenzy is active (at least i think that’s how it worked). I believe I had Slash, Vater (Frank), Duff, Axl, and one other - Melissa maybe? I also had the fender patch which helps considerably (hashtag Goren!!). Reality is I don’t honestly know how much the band frenzy boosting helped as I had a bit of a lucky game going into that song by collecting a lot of booster jackpots prior and a starting song level of 152 with the Gun/Rose patch for increased scoring in the Paradise City song.
As for the game, I know the song really well so knew I was at the tail end, If I could cash in an applause and encore, I could have had a 100 mil game. So i went for it! ....and.....collected! However, the freakin encore song was patience haha and my adrenalin was so pumping i was not ready to hear that song. Drained but managed to beat Thirst for Carnage for the first time and ended just shy of 100 mil at 98 mil! Wtf!!?! So close to the 100 mil club haha.

Appreciate the info. Lately I've been trying to settle on playing the same 3 or 4 songs so I can get really comfortable with the song/shots. This has started to help. I've also exclusively been going after the unlimited multiball patch group, which is useful but doesn't boost my song scores. I think I need to focus more on the song performance.

#4463 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Appreciate the info. Lately I've been trying to settle on playing the same 3 or 4 songs so I can get really comfortable with the song/shots. This has started to help. I've also exclusively been going after the unlimited multiball patch group, which is useful but doesn't boost my song scores. I think I need to focus more on the song performance.

Vater & Duff patches will help boost general song scoring. Fender is awesome for band frenzy.

Quoted from Vino:

Working on replacing rubbers and can’t remember if this left lane post originally had a ring or not? Mines missing.
Thx for refresher!
[quoted image]

No rubber on that post.

#4464 3 years ago

Always never be cashin’

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you think I cashed out or continued?

#4465 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No rubber on that post.

Thank you sir!

#4466 3 years ago

I just swapped out the flipper rubbers on my GNR... OH MY GOD what a difference! I put super bands (I think) they’re off my Getaway HS2. Can someone take a close look and confirm if those look like super bands?

I love the way this game plays now! I hated the bounce that the flippers had before, it drove me crazy and I couldn’t get good ball control. The gameplay is amazing now. I was really hating the gameplay before with the original flipper rubbers from JJP.

I can’t believe I didn’t swap them out before.

Here’s a pic with my new flipper rubbers.
74FC3FF0-5518-4CE0-9540-CF5296DAF7C1 (resized).jpeg74FC3FF0-5518-4CE0-9540-CF5296DAF7C1 (resized).jpeg

#4467 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thx for refresher!
[quoted image]

Just for the record, I tried putting a rubber there, because that bare post bugged me. DONT do it. Talk about some left side drains.... it was awful. I took the rubber back off after just a handful of games.

#4468 3 years ago

Hey guys, picked up a SE today and loving it. Game is totally awesome. However I have played 15 games so far, and the game has reseted 3 times. All 3 times have occurred during a song. Anyone else experience this?, and know if it’s a software issue or not?

Installed 1.08 and still experiencing resets

#4469 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackpotjared:

Hey guys, picked up a SE today and loving it. Game is totally awesome. However I have played 15 games so far, and the game has reseted 3 times. All 3 times have occurred during a song. Anyone else experience this?, and know if it’s a software issue or not?

Edit, code 1.07 installed. Will 1.08 fix this?

#4470 3 years ago

I believe it does.

#4471 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I believe it does.

Cool, Thx for quick response

#4472 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I've watched Karl's latest stream 3 times already. I'm not even buying the game. It's awesome!!

I'm hoping he puts it up on YouTube so I can finish watching it. He was having a great game, Chinese Democracy, 185 song value, encore, beat the album mode, a couple extra balls, he was going to put up a monster score and I stopped watching to watch Tenet, worst decision I've made in 2021 by far.

#4473 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

I'm hoping he puts it up on YouTube so I can finish watching it. He was having a great game, Chinese Democracy, 185 song value, encore, beat the album mode, a couple extra balls, he was going to put up a monster score and I stopped watching to watch Tenet, worst decision I've made in 2021 by far.

I agree Tenet was a little disappointing. Saw it in the theater so the 2 buckets of popcorn and gallon of diet coke definitely took the sting out.

Karl's stream is on you tube. That's how I came across it. 2 hours and 42 minutes. I'll be watching it again today during my workout most likely or one of his tournament streams.
https://m.youtube.com/user/IEPinball

r/
Mike

#4474 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Question for SE owners ... are you still enjoying your game or do you have regrets not getting an LE?

No regrets. Still loving it. Has the same atmosphere, theme integration and choices whether to push your luck or cash out. Shot choices are just different missing the upper playfields.

Most people who play my game are not pinheads and have no clue anything is missing. They just have fun.

#4475 3 years ago

Im avoiding all videos of this game...dont want to ruin my first experience with it in person. My only outlet is reading these posts.

#4476 3 years ago

Some d-bag posted a spoiler vid on the Gun's N Roses (or Jersey Jack, I can't remember) facebook forum of a major spoiler in the game...it got reported and taken down thankfully for others but not before I accidentally scrolled past it - so that moment is ruined for me now

The d-bag's in question rationale for posting it without so much as a hint that it was a spoiler was because "he was so excited"...just be careful out there or avoid anything JJP GnR at all if a pic or vid comes up.

#4477 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Question for SE owners ... are you still enjoying your game or do you have regrets not getting an LE?

No regrets here.

#4478 3 years ago

I have never had a reset on my SE. So not sure its a code issue.

#4479 3 years ago

Getting excited.. can't wait to join club.. I debated about whether to keep my order for CE...but after studying the game more.. and Karl's stream.. should be a lot of fun and keeper.. so glad I got out of LZLE quickly..

#4480 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Getting excited.. can't wait to join club.. I debated about whether to keep my order for CE...but after studying the game more.. and Karl's stream.. should be a lot of fun and keeper.. so glad I got out of LZLE quickly..

After seeing LZ videos. Gotta say no contest. LZ aint bad but the art just does not do it for me and playfield feels a empty.

#4481 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Zero regrets, love the flow of the SE

#4482 3 years ago

No rubber on that post.

Thank you!...I was wondering the same thing!

#4483 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I own an LE but have played a lot of SE games on location. You can't go wrong with either version in my opinion.

#4484 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......!!!!

FF9E4746-616F-41C8-9205-40D6498BF618.gifFF9E4746-616F-41C8-9205-40D6498BF618.gif
#4485 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I agree Tenet was a little disappointing. Saw it in the theater so the 2 buckets of popcorn and gallon of diet coke definitely took the sting out.
Karl's stream is on you tube. That's how I came across it. 2 hours and 42 minutes. I'll be watching it again today during my workout most likely or one of his tournament streams.
https://m.youtube.com/user/IEPinball
r/
Mike

I've definitely watched that video more than I care to admit . I was talking about the stream from yesterday. The game was being pretty mean most of the stream but he was on his way to a great one towards the end. You should check out the Honest Trailer for Tenet, they nail it.

#4486 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

I've definitely watched that video more than I care to admit . I was talking about the stream from yesterday. The game was being pretty mean most of the stream but he was on his way to a great one towards the end. You should check out the Honest Trailer for Tenet, they nail it.

There's another IE stream coming?!?! This is great news. keep those new pinball streams coming please. Thanks.

I'll check out that trailer too. Thanks.

#4487 3 years ago

It was yesterday, but I don’t think he puts everything on YouTube so hopefully he does this.

Quoted from mikepmcs:

There's another IE stream coming?!?!

#4488 3 years ago

Silly question, is there any negative mechanical disadvantage to increasing the power of the flippers? When I backhand the left ramp with the left flipper it doesn't make it to the upper flipper. It barely makes it to the top of the ramp and falls down the hole. I'd like to give it a little more power. This is my first JJP game so I honestly don't know If they have a history of issues when you turn up the flipper power.

#4489 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

This is my first JJP game so I honestly don't know If they have a history of issues when you turn up the flipper power.

Any pinball machine has risk if you crank up flipper power. Break stuff, or early wear on flipper mechanism.

But you have to be able to make your shots. So strive towards making your shots but not sending the ball out the rear of the game.

Go into Settings - Coils - and increase the flipper strength for that flipper a little at a time. Get it to where you think it plays great. Stop there. Call it a day. Start playing and enjoying your game more.

LTG : )

#4490 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Silly question, is there any negative mechanical disadvantage to increasing the power of the flippers? When I backhand the left ramp with the left flipper it doesn't make it to the upper flipper. It barely makes it to the top of the ramp and falls down the hole. I'd like to give it a little more power. This is my first JJP game so I honestly don't know If they have a history of issues when you turn up the flipper power.

Adjust away! I'd increase 1 or 2 at a time until desired outcome is achieved. Flippers, Vuks, etc...
I'd check the leaf switches/eos of the flipper just to make sure it's adjusted right and clean just to be thorough as well. No harm in covering the bases.
I do currently own 3 JJP titles and have never experienced any increase in mechanical malfunction by adjusting power a few clicks.

#4491 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into Settings - Coils - and increase the flipper strength for that flipper a little at a time. Get it to where you think it plays great. Stop there. Call it a day. Start playing and enjoying your game more.
LTG : )

Thanks for the quick response. I increased the left flipper by two and it seems to do the trick. I just wanted to make sure that wasn't super frowned upon. Lol.

#4492 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Adjust away! I'd increase 1 or 2 at a time until desired outcome is achieved. Flippers, Vuks, etc...
I'd check the leaf switches/eos of the flipper just to make sure it's adjusted right and clean just to be thorough as well. No harm in covering the bases.
I do currently own 3 JJP titles and have never experienced any increase in mechanical malfunction by adjusting power a few clicks.

Good to know. Thanks!

#4493 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Good to know. Thanks!

Like Lloyd said though. Just until it reaches the objective. A pinball through the backbox and stuck in the drywall could cause some early wear.

#4494 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Like Lloyd said though. Just until it reaches the objective. A pinball through the backbox and stuck in the drywall could cause some early wear.

Lol. That is not the desired outcome!

#4495 3 years ago

#4496 3 years ago

Sounds like a voltage issue. Have you tested your voltage?

#4497 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Little update and clarification. Played some more today focusing on band member patches. Doesn’t appear to increase any scoring per say, but it spots them at the beginning of the song so you can get into band frenzy faster which equates to better scores. Add the fender patch into that and you’ll be smoking.

#4498 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sounds like a voltage issue. Have you tested your voltage?

I'm leaning with this answer. I'm betting there's a protection circuit that kicks in when say 5 volts gets interrupted or goes temp missing in turn causing a reset. I'd be willing to bet there are some loose nuts or wires or a ground that is causing this rather than a defective component. As far as troubleshooting goes, we are all different about how we approach things. My way would be to start simply by checking every connector and nut and bolt that holds boards, power supplies, voltage regulators, grounds etc...
I'd do it with power off first looking for an obvious issue. Be very careful where your hands are with power on.

Is there something in common when it resets? Like a shaker motor or a knocker or force of any kind, etc...

I hope this gets sorted quickly for you. Don't get discouraged, you'll find it.

r/
Mike

#4499 3 years ago

When do you get resets? Keep track of this. When u hit both flippers, multi ball, etc...

#4500 3 years ago

Hoping CE’s are on the line tomorrow. Who has gotten an email or call to pay your balance due and who was your distributor? Hopefully some will have their CE’s this month.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.