IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 569.
#4401 3 years ago

Anyone done any nice GnR art blades yet?

Just thinking, may be better if mirrors are reporting to be too tight.

#4402 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Back to https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/88#post-6046120
I have (almost) fixed the drumstick behavior, but I am unable to fix the drain from the guitar lock (left side from player point of view is SDTM), and I think the rate of drain in the right outlane on a drop from the upper playfield is abnormally high.
I share 2 slo mo video in case someone has an idea. FYI, I leveled properly my game.
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0h5n8hH4PHiPC
thanks for your help and Happy New Year !

I have that same problem for drains off the left side of the guitar lock. Consistently SDTM when released. The right side seems to push the ball away from the center while the left is straight down the middle.

From watching your videos it looks like the balls trajectory is changed once it falls down onto that step beneath it. After investigating the issue on my own machine I believe the ball is hitting the ramp support before it drops to the playfield. This is pushing it back towards the middle and causing the drains (at least on my machine).

20210101_101337 (resized).jpg20210101_101337 (resized).jpg20210101_101400 (resized).jpg20210101_101400 (resized).jpg20210101_101416 (resized).jpg20210101_101416 (resized).jpg
#4403 3 years ago

It appears that list picture is the adjustment you made that fixed it?

Quoted from paulbaptiste:

(at least on my machine).

#4404 3 years ago

Played GNR for the first time last night. Amazing game. Gonna sell my Rick and Morty to buy an LE.

#4405 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It appears that list picture is the adjustment you made that fixed it?

No. Just a different angle. I haven't made any adjustments.

#4406 3 years ago

I wonder if playing with the coil release speed settings would help?

#4407 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I have that same problem for drains off the left side of the guitar lock. Consistently SDTM when released. The right side seems to push the ball away from the center while the left is straight down the middle.
From watching your videos it looks like the balls trajectory is changed once it falls down onto that step beneath it. After investigating the issue on my own machine I believe the ball is hitting the ramp support before it drops to the playfield. This is pushing it back towards the middle and causing the drains (at least on my machine).

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don't have the game yet but just looking at your vid, I wonder if before bending stuff, you could try putting a small piece of mylar on the ramp support to possibly change either the rotation or deflection of that ball hitting the support. Maybe even 2 or 3 layered pieces to help deaden the ball deflection. Just spitballing ideas

#4408 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Don't have the game yet but just looking at your vid, I wonder if before bending stuff, you could try putting a small piece of mylar on the ramp support to possibly change either the rotation or deflection of that ball hitting the support. Maybe even 2 or 3 layered pieces to help deaden the ball deflection. Just spitballing ideas

Thatā€™s what I did with the drop dead ball foam as seen in my pic a few posts ago - itā€™s working well, but a more permanent solution would be nice.

#4409 3 years ago

A lot of people in these GNR and LZ threads, are saying most of you have not even played GNR or LZ yet you bash it. Well I have put in hours on a GNR and had a blast. GNR is a very fun, enjoyable, exciting in your face top game. I am what you JJP fans call a stern fanboy. But I still like other games from OTHER BRANDS too. I don't understand the hate for GNR or LZ, especially if you have not put hours on it and have given it a fair chance.

#4410 3 years ago

Maybe someone with a game that is adjusted properly can take a slo-mo?

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thatā€™s what I did with the drop dead ball foam as seen in my pic a few posts ago - itā€™s working well, but a more permanent solution would be nice.

#4411 3 years ago

I have no issues with the lock release going STDM or the drumsticks, but the upper field return being deadly into the right outlane has been there from the beginning for me too. Game is well levelled back and front, and I have tried adjusting pitch from around 6.2 (horrible) all the way to 7.5 and it seems to make no difference. I feel this game needs to be at least at 7 degrees - anything less and it's just too slow. I leave it a touch over 7 and it plays great.

Karl mentions in his video that the return into the right outlane was the one thing he tuned on his game, and he "fixed" it by moving the guide. You can see in his video that on his game the ball exists much higher and it ends up hitting right below the upper flipper.

Eventually I figured out that I can prevent the drain with a good nudge *just* as the ball is traveling over the last post - right when it's going over the rubber ring. If I execute it properly I end up with the ball in just about the same spot as on Karl's machine.

I was considering adjusting the guide like Karl did, and I think if I made that correction my average scores would triple instantly, but I don't think I am going to do it. As I get better at the game I am finding some of the multiball songs to last a really long time, and that brutal drain is a major equalizer and I feel it balances the game nicely.

Besides, that perfectly timed nudge to avoid the drain is a nice skill to practice, even more so during multiball chaos! I am going to leave it as is and just think of it at GNR: Hardcore Edition.

#4412 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

A lot of people in these GNR and LZ threads, are saying most of you have not even played GNR or LZ yet you bash it. Well I have put in hours on a GNR and had a blast. GNR is a very fun, enjoyable, exciting in your face top game. I am what you JJP fans call a stern fanboy. But I still like other games from OTHER BRANDS too. I don't understand the hate for GNR or LZ, especially if you have not put hours on it and have given it a fair chance.

Take it somewhere else mate. This is an owners thread for gun's and roses, not a comparo thread. No-one here is bashing any machines we are just talking about the new gun's and roses machines we are either getting or have. There are no JJP fan's here or Stern fanboy's as you call them, just people talking about gun's and roses machines.

Pretty pathetic attempt at a troll.

#4413 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Take it somewhere else mate. This is an owners thread for gun's and roses, not a comparo thread. No-one here is bashing any machines we are just talking about the new gun's and roses machines we are either getting or have. There are no JJP fan's here or Stern fanboy's as you call them, just people talking about gun's and roses machines.
Pretty pathetic attempt at a troll.

I really dont think they are trolling, but I understand why you may have taken it that way.

Fanboys are toxic in any event.

#4414 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I have no issues with the lock release going STDM or the drumsticks, but the upper field return being deadly into the right outlane has been there from the beginning for me too. Game is well levelled back and front, and I have tried adjusting pitch from around 6.2 (horrible) all the way to 7.5 and it seems to make no difference. I feel this game needs to be at least at 7 degrees - anything less and it's just too slow. I leave it a touch over 7 and it plays great.
Karl mentions in his video that the return into the right outlane was the one thing he tuned on his game, and he "fixed" it by moving the guide. You can see in his video that on his game the ball exists much higher and it ends up hitting right below the upper flipper.
Eventually I figured out that I can prevent the drain with a good nudge *just* as the ball is traveling over the last post - right when it's going over the rubber ring. If I execute it properly I end up with the ball in just about the same spot as on Karl's machine.
I was considering adjusting the guide like Karl did, and I think if I made that correction my average scores would triple instantly, but I don't think I am going to do it. As I get better at the game I am finding some of the multiball songs to last a really long time, and that brutal drain is a major equalizer and I feel it balances the game nicely.
Besides, that perfectly timed nudge to avoid the drain is a nice skill to practice, even more so during multiball chaos! I am going to leave it as is and just think of it at GNR: Hardcore Edition.

Nudging has worked well for me. My concern are the guests who play my game. I want to give them a good experience. Thinking about moving it like Carl did as well. But I might try a slightly larger rubber to see if it kicks it up just a little bit.

#4415 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I really dont think they are trolling, but I understand why you may have taken it that way.
Fanboys are toxic in any event.

Not as sure as you, come into an owners thread and accuse the participants of bashing one machine which we like enough to lay thousands on, or another which no-one here is even talking about, let alone bashing?

Certainly walks like a duck.

#4416 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Played GNR for the first time last night. Amazing game. Gonna sell my Rick and Morty to buy an LE.

Stop up and play mine until you get one.

#4417 3 years ago

I think the CEā€™s are going on the line next week. Boy Iā€™m excited if I see pics Monday morning.

#4418 3 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Stop up and play mine until you get one.

Nice! Played it at a friends on New Yearā€™s Eve. Couldnā€™t get enough

#4419 3 years ago

I'm in on LE... I think it'll be 1-2 months out. Just guessing.

#4420 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Still many of us waiting on day 1 orders for the le and se. They are moving on to the ce and will be running those for month's. So unfortunately long waits for everyone especially if you ordered after day 1 and especially recently. I hope things get rolling a little more smoothly now that they have made 200-300 of them.

#4421 3 years ago

Anyone know how to fix the keyboard from constantly scoring. Before a ball even plunged I hear the keyboard.

#4422 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone know how to fix the keyboard from constantly scoring. Before a ball even plunged I hear the keyboard.

Recalibrate sensors in sensor test

#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Still many of us waiting on day 1 orders for the le and se. They are moving on to the ce and will be running those for month's. So unfortunately long waits for everyone especially if you ordered after day 1 and especially recently. I hope things get rolling a little more smoothly now that they have made 200-300 of them.

Adding to this I meant they have made 200-300 after the 100 or so that were ready at release. So sld be around 300-400 worldwide or at least shipped at this point in time.

#4424 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Recalibrate sensors in sensor test

Ok too many beers...itā€™s the bass guitar. Any hints? Thanks for the quick response.

#4425 3 years ago

Thereā€™s a sensor test that encompasses keys guitar neck skill shot lane
GO there do a recalibration and let it finish before exiting

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4426 3 years ago

I am thinking about getting GnR. Luckily there is one on location where I am moving this week so I will get a chance to play the game. How does sales tax work these days if I buy from someone outside my state?

#4427 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Nudging has worked well for me. My concern are the guests who play my game. I want to give them a good experience. Thinking about moving it like Carl did as well. But I might try a slightly larger rubber to see if it kicks it up just a little bit.

Iā€™m think that Karl moved the guide towards the player so that the ball makes more contact with that rubber ring. I actually moved my guide towards the back of the game and now it always goes in the right inlane.

#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am thinking about getting GnR. Luckily there is one on location where I am moving this week so I will get a chance to play the game. How does sales tax work these days if I buy from someone outside my state?

If they sell a certain amount to your state they are required to charge you sales tax.

#4429 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If they sell a certain amount to your state they are required to charge you sales tax.

Collect sales tax. Youā€™re obligated to pay it either way.

#4430 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Iā€™m think that Karl moved the guide towards the player so that the ball makes more contact with that rubber ring. I actually moved my guide towards the back of the game and now it always goes in the right inlane.

Oh, noted. Thanks

#4431 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Collect sales tax. Youā€™re obligated to pay it either way.

Yes youā€™re right but no one does.

#4432 3 years ago

Incorrect, if its an out of state order, there is no sales tax. The exception is if the dealer is out of state but has a "warehouse " or shipping facility in state. Then taxes are required.

#4433 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Incorrect, if its an out of state order, there is no sales tax. The exception is if the dealer is out of state but has a "warehouse " or shipping facility in state. Then taxes are required.

If a dealer sells a ton to your state, youā€™re gonna get charged sales tax on top of the game. If they donā€™t do much business in your state, youā€™re clear from them charging you.

You owe in either case though, but again, no one ever pays.

Look up Nexus rules for more info.

#4434 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes youā€™re right but no one does.

Taxation is theft :p

#4435 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If a dealer sells a ton to your state, youā€™re gonna get charged sales tax on top of the game. If they donā€™t do much business in your state, youā€™re clear from them charging you.
You owe in either case though, but again, no one ever pays.
Look up Nexus rules for more info.

This is supposed to be a happy thread and you dare bring up nexus rules?

I didnā€™t know you were such a troll.

#4436 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I will try to replace the rubber with a slightly larger one see if it makes a difference before trying to bend the rail guide. I would also prefer to not remove the left ramp as much as possible.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have -slightly- raised the left of my game and it seems to have improved the SDTM. However, the ball is still going to the right flipper from the left guitar lock, which is interesting. I might try to add a pice of rubber on the left side of the guitar lock to push the ball to the center, which can help it falling onto the guide and pushes it to the left flipper and not the right one.

#4437 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Taxation is theft :p

Yep certainly makes the game no fun

#4438 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

75% of balls exiting from my upper playfield were draining out the right outlane, even with nudging sometimes, and this was with the ball completely missing the rubber due to the factory rail setup. The rail has some play designed into it for adjustment to prevent this I assume.

#4439 3 years ago

OK so in my case, ALL of my issues were coming from the left/right level: I thought it was leveled correctly, BUT it was not, the iPhone I used (PinGuy app) was not accurate enough due to the camera module, so I used an iPad mini and the game was slightly toward the left side, by a little less than 0.1'.

After a perfect level left/right, the ball coming from the upper playfield is correctly bouncing on the rubber and does not go anymore in the right outlane. Also, the center guitar lock is not SDTM anymore, ball is still going to the right flipper but enough to not drain.

FYI, I noticed on my game that the guitar lock diverter was moving by itself when the flipper bats or the pop bumpers were activated, and the balls were always going to the left side of the guitar. I checked the manual (page 122), and there is a tiny spring washer (wave disc spring, part 21) that is supposed to provide some resistance to the diverter. Mine was totally loose. So I (CAREFULLY, do not drop it!!!) unscrewed it, with 2 pliers I bent the spring washer, reinstall everything, and problem fixed !

Even if I have not read any problem like this, I think this information can be useful for the community.

#4440 3 years ago

I got this t shirt for Christmas.. pretty awesome.

Maybe jjp can make a goldn girls wizard mode ....

20201225_092819 (resized).jpg20201225_092819 (resized).jpg

#4441 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I ordered oct 14th, I was just told 2nd quarter of 2021.

#4442 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I ordered oct 14th, I was just told 2nd quarter of 2021.

If the CE's start to be built on Monday and there staying with them until all 500 are built, you're looking at least 10 weeks until they get back onto the LE and SE package if they're producing 50 a week.

#4443 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There was a service bulletin on that mech that my distributor sent to me. The split washer wasnā€™t included on a small run of games. JJP sent me a kit with the 2 screws, 2 flat washers, and 2 lock washers with instructions. Easy Peazy fix, takes a 7/64ā€ Allen wrench.
Hit up your distributor to have JJP send you out the washers kit (or go get them at Loweā€™s or Home Depot?).

After finding the screws I looked for the bracket and it was underneath the shaker cover. Thanks for pointing out the bulletin. I fixed mine up this morning!

#4444 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

If the CE's start to be built on Monday and there staying with them until all 500 are built, you're looking at least 10 weeks until they get back onto the LE and SE package if they're producing 50 a week.

Yep this is true. I would say SE and LE should get back in the line late March or early April.

#4445 3 years ago

Question for SE owners ... are you still enjoying your game or do you have regrets not getting an LE?

#4446 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yep this is true. I would say SE and LE should get back in the line late March or early April.

Iā€™m really hoping JJP increases their capacity from the current ~50 games a week (if accurate). Iā€™m not expecting them to be Stern (~250 games a week) but I see no way they can get out more than 1 new game a year at their current rate. It may take them 5-6 months just to knock out the day 1 orders

#4447 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Iā€™m really hoping JJP increases their capacity from the current ~50 games a week (if accurate). Iā€™m not expecting them to be Stern (~250 games a week) but I see no way they can get out more than 1 new game a year at their current rate. It may take them 5-6 months just to knock out the day 1 orders

Itā€™s been like that from 2013 to today. I donā€™t think it will change. Iā€™m ok with 1 a year. Thatā€™s just me.

#4448 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I will try to replace the rubber with a slightly larger one see if it makes a difference before trying to bend the rail guide. I would also prefer to not remove the left ramp as much as possible.

I had a bag of these little rubber cabinet door stops that I got for my buddies Dracula. $3.00. I put one at the bottom of the metal post and it actually works fantastic. It does not impact my right flipper shot around the center orbit at all. I'm not sure how long it'll stay on. The one I put on Dracula 5 months ago is still there.

IMG_20210102_192652 (resized).jpgIMG_20210102_192652 (resized).jpg
#4449 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Itā€™s been like that from 2013 to today. I donā€™t think it will change. Iā€™m ok with 1 a year. Thatā€™s just me.

I thought Jack had mentioned his goal was 2 games for last year. Obviously COVID messed things up but I thought part of the reason for the factory move was they outgrew the old space. Itā€™s rough for people that ordered an LE on day 2 to maybe not see a game for 6-7 months. Iā€™m not sure how you grow the business like that.

#4450 3 years ago

I suppose most of us will have to live vicariously through Karl and his twitch streams. Doing that right now in fact...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/89?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.