IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 567.
#4251 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Could not agree more, he's one of the best! I want to watch but I also want to save discovery and secrets for myself.
Hopefully the CE will happen next month.

He really did an amazing job in capturing how good this game really is. If you have one on order, I don’t blame you not watching. But it’s definitely worth a view at some point. I learned quite a few new things, like... « Spoiler! Click to reveal. the fender patch! »

#4252 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Karl is a great player and his streams are direct video and audio capture. The best stream quality out there. Worth watching.
Merry Christmas all!

The first one hour is probably the best available video of GNR and could be used as the game reveal. Watching that hour and hearing the songs play uninterrupted should top the list for anyone interested in learning what GNR pinball is about. By then, you’ll have a decent idea of what game play is like and whether it is for you. What strikes me while watching this game, is how immersed you can get playing it and how much fun there is at whatever your level of interest. Same goes for all JJP’s and is especially true with POTC also. Start simple and peel back the layers as you can handle it. Carl is practically a pinball wizard on GNR after one week, while most mortals will remember the frenzy and feel like they are barely in control.

#4253 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

He really did an amazing job in capturing how good this game really is. If you have one on order, I don’t blame you not watching. But it’s definitely worth a view at some point. I learned quite a few new things, like... « Spoiler! Click to reveal. the fender patch! »

I have one on order and on the way to europe as we speak. It should arrive in january and I am looking forward to diving into this game. It's gonna be epic

#4254 3 years ago

I'm not one to brag, but when you're brother is the designer, you end up with some cool stuff.

Christmas 2020. Gnr se/le playfield personalized and signed to me by slash.

20201225_133907.jpg20201225_133907.jpg20201225_133913.jpg20201225_133913.jpg
#4255 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Also , is there something missing here ?
[quoted image]

Yo guys
Can anyone check their LE and see if I’m really missing something here ?

#4256 3 years ago
09A307C9-646A-4F4C-A59C-639910B87587 (resized).jpeg09A307C9-646A-4F4C-A59C-639910B87587 (resized).jpeg
#4257 3 years ago

Joined on Tuesday, but I just had to do this before the first play...

3FEC52A9-009E-42D9-B7E7-48AA95995A87 (resized).jpeg3FEC52A9-009E-42D9-B7E7-48AA95995A87 (resized).jpeg
#4258 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

[quoted image]

It’s like that on mine too

#4259 3 years ago
Quoted from Balint:

[quoted image]

Have you used these before? Or anybody else on this thread? I know it protects the playfield but multiple people told me that dust gets underneath of it and can sometimes make it worse. I also realized this won't stop the pulling from happening either but is what I was told true? I'm only inquiring because I would really like to put one on my CE.

#4260 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Have you used these before? Or anybody else on this thread? I know it protects the playfield but multiple people told me that dust gets underneath of it and can sometimes make it worse. I also realized this won't stop the pulling from happening either but is what I was told true? I'm only inquiring because I would really like to put one on my CE.

I’m using these for a couple of years now and had no issue with dust. It just gives me a peace of mind. No dimpling, protects the scoops and all of the switch holes as well as the place where the ball falls off the ramp. It does make the gameplay a little different though.

#4261 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I'm not one to brag, but when you're brother is the designer, you end up with some cool stuff.
Christmas 2020. Gnr se/le playfield personalized and signed to me by slash.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thats pretty sweet no mather from who you get it. Its nice to be close by the fire. I have the designer team (including your brother) signed upper playfield incoming. Unfortunately Slash was not around for that signing but, damn i picked a sweet game as my first JJP game. I missed his debut title because the run ended early. Maybe i will get my chance at pirates later in life. Have a good holiday snd enjoy that stunning piece of art.

#4262 3 years ago
Quoted from Balint:

I’m using these for a couple of years now and had no issue with dust. It just gives me a peace of mind. No dimpling, protects the scoops and all of the switch holes as well as the place where the ball falls off the ramp. It does make the gameplay a little different though.

I appreciate the insight. Could you further elaborate on the different gameplay?

#4263 3 years ago
Quoted from Balint:

It’s like that on mine too

Same

#4264 3 years ago
Quoted from Balint:

[quoted image]

How hard was removing the upper playfield and right ramp?

#4265 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I appreciate the insight. Could you further elaborate on the different gameplay?

Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like it’s a softer surface than the clear. I see it like this, I can always remove it, it’s not an irreversible thing

#4266 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How hard was removing the upper playfield and right ramp?

I would say it’s not hard, there’s 4 or 5 screws holding the upper playfield. The only thing is that you have to cut quite a few zip ties under playfield. I had the same ones, just took pictures where they were and I put them back after I got done

#4267 3 years ago
Quoted from Balint:

Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like it’s a softer surface than the clear. I see it like this, I can always remove it, it’s not an irreversible thing

I'm sorry to keep asking questions but it seems like you have the most knowledge that I've spoken to so far about these. Have any of your machines seen anywhere on the protector from continuous use? And how would you like to come out to Philadelphia and put mine on?

#4268 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I'm sorry to keep asking questions but it seems like you have the most knowledge that I've spoken to so far about these. Have any of your machines seen anywhere on the protector from continuous use? And how would you like to come out to Philadelphia and put mine on?

They are ok, but I wouldn’t say there’s an excessive use. I had a great time the last time I was there so I’d be happy to help

#4269 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I’ve had these on 3 or 4 games and hated them on all except WoZ. It helped the speed on WoZ, but the ball sliding around felt so unnatural that I garbaged them. It also caused air balls.

#4270 3 years ago

If you are going to add the playfield protector, one of the first steps is to remove all playfield parts attached to the topside. That can be pretty daunting on this game. Sure many areas are no problem but others may not be. So my question is why not cheat in the few hard to reach areas by cutting the protectors with a blade to fit around the interference? You still want to install decal on dust free surface, but if you aligned the cut edges at install, they would be sealed. Say you made the cuts in strategic places. I am wondering about that approach for other games too. It is not ideal but would it be so horrible? That would encourage more people to be willing to do it themselves.

#4271 3 years ago

If you cut it to take a short cut in places, you’re going to have problems with balls getting hung up.

And dust is going to get under them eventually since they’re just floating on the pf.

#4272 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’ve had these on 3 or 4 games and hated them on all except WoZ. It helped the speed on WoZ, but the ball sliding around felt so unnatural that I garbaged them. It also caused air balls.

If you cut it to take a short cut in places, you’re going to have problems with balls getting hung up.
And dust is going to get under them eventually since they’re just floating on the pf.

Not surprised...not a fan of these whole PF protectors. Hell, even cliffies & mylar cause minor gameplay issues (I only use cliffies/mylar when necessary). The whole idea of having a clear coated PF is to protect the PF. In a home use environment, I just can't imagine having PF damage. I've owned quite a few games over the years and never had a problem with PF wear. I think these whole PF protectors create way more problems than they solve. And the effort to install this on GNR...OMG!

#4273 3 years ago

Just play the damn thing
Who cares about few bruises
That’s all part of the experience

If you want to keep it new just don’t play it
LOL

Merry Xmas playing pinball all day

Rock on !!

#4274 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Just play the damn thing
LOL
Rock on !!

Well, it is a one time effort. So presumably you could spend a day fiddling with it and be playing the game the next. That might require you make a shortcut to get game back together, or maybe not.

The more I thought about it, I’ve decided :
If you don’t have the experience or knowledge to do something right,
If you don’t have the skills or interest in learning something,
If you don’t have the right tools or equipment for the job.
If you don’t have a general plan of attack or the attention to detail needed,

Do not start the project. Run and hire someone who can do it, or forget about it. So how much should someone charge to install a playfield protector on a brand new GNR? Exclude the effort to transport the game and assume the protector costs $300. Just labor, o/h and profit is ... ???

Of course the holy grail would be for JJP to offer them as an option to be installed at time of payment. Not too late for that. I guess they’d need to absolve themselves of deficiencies caused by the product or it’s installation. But it shouldn’t be difficult for them. Come on JJP. CE owners are a picky bunch. Offer to install a playfield protector for a fee and give these 1%’ers a present for 2020.

Merry Christmas, Pinside!

#4275 3 years ago

Christmas 2020. Gnr se/le playfield personalized and signed to me by slash.[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s badass !! That’s a good brother !

#4276 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Still holding out hope that I get mine in next few weeks... I noticed many distros getting multiple orders allready but mine hasn't even gotten one yet. So hopefully they get a few here soon so I can have mine. Guess will see..so happy for everyone that got theirs so far . Merry Christmas

Which distributor? I’m with Coin Taker. Last update was February delivery.

#4277 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well, it is a one time effort. So presumably you could spend a day fiddling with it and be playing the game the next. That might require you make a shortcut to get game back together, or maybe not.
The more I thought about it, I’ve decided :
If you don’t have the experience or knowledge to do something right,
If you don’t have the skills or interest in learning something,
If you don’t have the right tools or equipment for the job.
If you don’t have a general plan of attack or the attention to detail needed,

Do not start the project. Run and hire someone who can do it, or forget about it. So how much should someone charge to install a playfield protector on a brand new GNR? Exclude the effort to transport the game and assume the protector costs $300. Just labor, o/h and profit is ... ???

Of course the holy grail would be for JJP to offer them as an option to be installed at time of payment. Not too late for that. I guess they’d need to absolve themselves of deficiencies caused by the product or it’s installation. But it shouldn’t be difficult for them. Come on JJP. CE owners are a picky bunch. Offer to install a playfield protector for a fee and give these 1%’ers a present for 2020.

Merry Christmas, Pinside!

Merry Christmas!

From my understanding JJP did offer them installed on some machines, Hobbit for example. I think that's a great idea to offer up to the customer.

#4278 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Which distributor? I’m with Coin Taker. Last update was February delivery.

I don’t know how this NIB goes it’s my first but I’m thru GAP and he told me I was “up there” on list and would be possibly Jan or early feb latest if that helps .

#4279 3 years ago

Now that is cool! Jealous!!

#4280 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Just play the damn thing
LOL
Rock on !!

Agreed 100%. Just play the machine. That's what it was built for. Clean and wax the playfield when needed, change balls and rubbers as necessary, and its all fine. Playfield protectors change the feel of the machine and inevitably end up looking like hammered dog shit.

#4281 3 years ago

A mate of mine once said that women were like dogshit.

When his wife asked what he meant he said the older they get, the easier they are to pick up.

#4282 3 years ago

If you are waiting for an SE or LE, and you don't get your machine before the CE run it'll be March at the earliest. Once the CE's hit the line, I don't think they are going to stop until they are done and that will take a couple months.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I don’t know how this NIB goes it’s my first but I’m thru GAP and he told me I was “up there” on list and would be possibly Jan or early feb latest if that helps .

#4283 3 years ago

Will the Playfield protector affect the sensors for where the piano keys are .

#4284 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Will the Playfield protector affect the sensors for where the piano keys are .

That’s a good question. You also have the skill shot sensors and the ball locks.

#4285 3 years ago

It works

#4286 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Yo guys
Can anyone check their LE and see if I’m really missing something here ?

Here’s my LE.

BD1E9C1C-8459-45DD-932C-3B0DCE25F619 (resized).jpegBD1E9C1C-8459-45DD-932C-3B0DCE25F619 (resized).jpeg
#4287 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you are waiting for an SE or LE, and you don't get your machine before the CE run it'll be March at the earliest. Once the CE's hit the line, I don't think they are going to stop until they are done and that will take a couple months.

Thanks that’s good to know .I’m fine waiting as once it arrives I’ll bet the others get ignored for quite sometime .

#4288 3 years ago

I wouldn’t bet against it.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll bet the others get ignored for quite sometime

#4289 3 years ago

Received some of my GnR merch today. Nice quality stuff!

41D2772B-44D8-4653-9C55-1A6E3F66C2C8 (resized).jpeg41D2772B-44D8-4653-9C55-1A6E3F66C2C8 (resized).jpeg
#4290 3 years ago

Anyone can tell me where switch 21 is located
Under playfield
Damn thing keeps scoring

BDC709ED-D9D4-4F5A-80A7-DABA15419B3C (resized).jpegBDC709ED-D9D4-4F5A-80A7-DABA15419B3C (resized).jpeg
#4291 3 years ago

How to adjust this switch ?

1216C18E-2B67-4EC1-BDD0-6FE71BCD8496 (resized).jpeg1216C18E-2B67-4EC1-BDD0-6FE71BCD8496 (resized).jpeg
#4292 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Anyone can tell me where switch 21 is located
Under playfield
Damn thing keeps scoring
[quoted image]

Keyboard in front of the scoop has three inserts. Go into the menu and recalibrate them, I had to do this on my new game... I had the opposite problem with nothing scoring including the skill shot and the guitar locks.

#4293 3 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Keyboard in front of the scoop has three inserts. Go into the menu and recalibrate them, I had to do this on my new game... I had the opposite problem with nothing scoring including the skill shot and the guitar locks.

Thanks for the feedback

#4294 3 years ago

Dumb question: I’m just trying to prep some things before the arrival next week, does GNRLE come with Invisaglass? I’m too lazy to go back and look through the threads.

#4295 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Dumb question: I’m just trying to prep some things before the arrival next week, does GNRLE come with Invisaglass? I’m too lazy to go back and look through the threads.

Yes

#4296 3 years ago

Received some of my GnR merch today. Nice quality stuff!
[quoted image]

Did youget an email or anything that it shipped? I ordered a banner but haven’t heard anything? Thanks

#4297 3 years ago

Anybody else have issues with this little bastard like me? This keeps popping out.

20201226_150640 (resized).jpg20201226_150640 (resized).jpg
#4298 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Anybody else have issues with this little bastard like me? This keeps popping out.[quoted image]

Mines popped out once.

#4299 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Anybody else have issues with this little bastard like me? This keeps popping out.[quoted image]

Multiple times. Finally stretched it out a bit and threaded wire all the way through the bracket hole. You want to be sure and thread the wire far enough so the switch leaf will fall into far end wire and that it rotates smoothly.

#4300 3 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Did youget an email or anything that it shipped? I ordered a banner but haven’t heard anything? Thanks

It said that there was a 3 week lead time on orders with banners. We likely won't hear anything until after the new year for those.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/86?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.