IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 562.
#4151 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Is there a way to cancel the desert, wall, and carnage modes? I realize you need them to get to wizard mode. They just seem anticlimatic after playing a couple of badass songs. I've just been cradling up and letting them time out.

Holding the action button will unlight them.

#4152 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Holding the action button will unlight them.

Perfect. Thanks!

#4153 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Is there a way to cancel the desert, wall, and carnage modes? I realize you need them to get to wizard mode. They just seem anticlimatic after playing a couple of badass songs. I've just been cradling up and letting them time out.

Hold down the lockbar button to skip the album modes.

#4154 3 years ago

How do you adjust the picture brightness on the small screen on the playfield, mine looks washed out

I don't see it anywhere in the adjustments

Thanks
John

#4155 3 years ago

Just got the call from my distro... LE is ready to ship tomorrow! I can’t stand it I’m so excited for this game to get here. Merry Christmas to me 2020 is ending on a good note!

#4156 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When I last played it , it had over 1000 games , and no bullshit , the Playfield looked perfect , there were tiny dimples but I had to get down low on an angle to try to see them .
The best bit is , with the new batch of games going out , no one has reported any Playfield issues . ( touch wood )

I did notice some very slight pooling on the lower post of the left sling. But very minor.

#4157 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Just got the call from my distro... LE is ready to ship tomorrow! I can’t stand it I’m so excited for this game to get here. Merry Christmas to me 2020 is ending on a good note!

What??!! You no good rotten son of, hey congratulations! Nice Christmas present.

#4158 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I did notice some very slight pooling on the lower post of the left sling. But very minor.

Looked like light reflection to me .

IMG_20201223_080056 (resized).jpgIMG_20201223_080056 (resized).jpg
#4159 3 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

where did you find the above adjustments, is this for the large display or the small one on the playfield

Large display, and they're on the back of the monitor. Like a tv screen.

#4160 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Looked like light reflection to me .
[quoted image]

Either way very minor

#4161 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Either way very minor

Yep , and it was from the first batch , the new ones seem to be good so far .

#4162 3 years ago

Got the call, my LE shipped out yesterday! Going to be a great end to a shitty year!

#4163 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Quoted from screaminr:

Yep , and it was from the first batch , the new ones seem to be good so far .

Thread needs one of these counters.

569A2D93-6538-4AD2-8030-0C31E100D0A6.jpeg569A2D93-6538-4AD2-8030-0C31E100D0A6.jpeg
#4164 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

new place to get stuck
[quoted image]

Ha ha, I had that exact same scenario on mine like 2/3 nights ago! It worked its way out during the multi ball it happened on. So I didn’t get a picture.

I turned my flippers down slightly since I had turned them up a little for a bit more snap in the flippers. We’ll see if it happens again.

I was also getting crazy bounces in the left side that would just throw the ball into a left drain. Also will have to see if this improves or goes away after the adjustment.

#4165 3 years ago

Game Questions:

1. When we light "Advanced Band Member", Nothing happens, I would think that one of the band members would become solid but maybe I am missing something. DO you have to hit something to activate?
2. What does Band Frenzy do, We got it twice and didn't notice a scoring increase or a perk?
3. What is the best way to level your playfield?
4. Does all three drums light up or just the two? The one with the 2 cymbals doesn't light and we just want to make sure.
5. Our spotlights seem to be funny, When we run the test there are times it doesn't move, Anyone else's move weird?

The game is amazing, absolutely amazing, Just trying to fine tune everything!!

#4166 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have the SACS9 hooked to it currently and love it. I also have a PSW10 I can swap in, but I feel the level adjustments are better on the Sony. With the Polk you go from no bass to too much quickly. Very small window to find the perfect adjustment. I’ve heard great things about the pinwoofer products, but for the bang for buck, the sub is probably going to be a better bet. Curious to try pinwoofer.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Just ordered the Sony SACS9 and we are just wondering if you paired it with a speaker for the top? If so what did you use?

#4167 3 years ago

Advance band member doesn’t necessarily complete a band member. It just advances them a certain amount getting them closer to completion.

#4168 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Advance band member doesn’t necessarily complete a band member. It just advances them a certain amount getting them closer to completion.

That makes sense, THANK YOU!!!!

#4169 3 years ago

Looking at the poll there are 311 here on pinside getting the LE. Is that possibly correct? Aren't there only 500 of those being made?

#4170 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Looking at the poll there are 311 here on pinside getting the LE. Is that possibly correct? Aren't there only 500 of those being made?

5,000 LE, the "500" are the Collector’s Ed.

#4171 3 years ago

Thank you rolls royce. Ok I see 5000 for the LE. That sounds much better.

#4172 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Any playfield issues on the one at Pauls? Pooling etc? Being the only one in Australia I'm sure it's had a lot of plays

Timezone has one in Gold Coast as well

#4173 3 years ago

Have this spot on my upper playfield. I don't like to complain, but JJP has proven to be very disappointing with this. I sent an original email about it on 12/16. They responded and asked for some pictures. I sent pics and have not heard from them since. Just an update would be nice or acknowledgment would be nice. What does everyone think, is this acceptable on an LE?

IMG_1357 (resized).JPGIMG_1357 (resized).JPGIMG_1363 (resized).JPGIMG_1363 (resized).JPG
#4174 3 years ago

^^^Dude, honestly, I really wouldn't worry about that at all. Its not on the surface of the finished playfield. Probably where a knot of wood once was....

#4175 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Have this spot on my upper playfield.

Slash put his cigarette out on your PF! One of a kind!

#4176 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Have this spot on my upper playfield. I don't like to complain, but JJP has proven to be very disappointing with this. I sent an original email about it on 12/16. They responded and asked for some pictures. I sent pics and have not heard from them since. Just an update would be nice or acknowledgment would be nice. What does everyone think, is this acceptable on an LE?
[quoted image][quoted image]

If the blemish is under the clear and the surface is smooth I'd be fine with it. If it's a chunk missing, clear and all, I'd be pissed.

#4177 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Quoted from bridgeman:
[quoted image][quoted image]

More
More
If the blemish is under the clear and the surface is smooth I'd be fine with it. If it's a chunk missing, clear and all, I'd be pissed.

Its a chunk missing and it's not holding clear.

#4178 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

The bit in the center looks like its been clear coated.
This tells me it came from the factory like this. The chunk hasn't fell off during play.
So, it must have passed QC.

#4179 3 years ago

It looks like, a top layer of veneer, a hole exposing sub layer of veneer, both of which clear coated.

#4180 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

The "good" news is that upper playfields are -usually- not too expensive. I think POTC was $99.
Playfield swapping a mini playfield is not too daunting.

Not saying yours is ok, just saying that your absolute worst case scenario is not too terrible.

#4181 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

L.E. 0139 has arrived. I got some paint drip blemishes on the lockbar. Other than that, all seems fine.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They must just have a pile of the tags sitting in a box they grab at random. I have 134 and have had it since week 2 of the game being released.

#4182 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The "good" news is that upper playfields are -usually- not too expensive. I think POTC was $99.
Not saying yours is ok, just saying that your absolute worst case scenario is not too terrible.

JJP should be sending him a new upper playfield for free. It’s brand new.

#4183 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah, good point, if its really bugging you, that's a fix even I could do

#4184 3 years ago

At the end of the day.

Before these pins go out the door and get rubber stamped.

Whoever is responsible at JJP for casting their attentive eyes over the pin, they should ask themselves the Q:-

- Would I be happy with every aspect of this pin when unboxed in my home?

If in any doubt whatsoever, offending parts should be swapped out before shipping.

Never should be assumed, minor cosmetic issues may be overlooked by end user.
Not worth the customer dissatisfaction + associated costs to put right.

Does the above blemish fall within this criterion?

I guess it may.

#4185 3 years ago

Honestly it looks like a small dab of clear would raise it up level and shouldn’t be a big deal. Is it great? No. Is it a natural piece of the wood that doesn’t affect anything gameplay wise? Yes. Should jjp give a new play field for it? Not sure, but I’d lean no. It is cleared for sure, but I understand you not liking it. I think either a new play field or a small bottle of clear to fill it is a fair fix from jjp.

#4186 3 years ago

The clear didn’t fill the missing wood. I guess the discouraging thing is, this was obvious before the art was even put on the wood. I feel I would only be satisfied if the upper playfield was replaced.

#4187 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

The clear didn’t fill the missing wood. I guess the discouraging thing is, this was obvious before the art was even put on the wood. I feel I would only be satisfied if the upper playfield was replaced.

It shouldn't have come this way. A replacement is the right thing to do.

#4188 3 years ago

I expect JJP will end up sending you a replacement upper playfield that you will need to install.

#4189 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m out of patience. I’m going to buy a Wonka LE until it comes in.

I did the same thing! LOL. Got my Wonka in 3 weeks ago and it's awesome! Have my LE order in on Zep and it will be here in 2-3 weeks. So 2 machines to cure my heartbreak before I can sink into GnR. Now when does JJP get rights to NIN?

#4190 3 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

They must just have a pile of the tags sitting in a box they grab at random. I have 134 and have had it since week 2 of the game being released.

Yeah, specific numbers are there for people that request them, otherwise it is random number. Last batch for me was in the 330s, this batch was 130s.

#4191 3 years ago

And... I forgot to mention. One standard and two more limited editions dropped off today! Some very happy customers.

#4192 3 years ago

Ok. Band frenzy is a big deal. When you get band frenzy look up (or have a friend) at the LCD. Rip a spinner and watch the song jackpot shoot up! It’s switch hits and can help make your jackpot massive.

#4193 3 years ago

Wonder what here was supposed to go ?

ABAC9059-8CEF-4FB0-B0E7-C30246D3F103 (resized).jpegABAC9059-8CEF-4FB0-B0E7-C30246D3F103 (resized).jpeg
#4194 3 years ago

Also , is there something missing here ?

84E5C8BB-4A32-4934-8E44-708BEF933A32 (resized).jpeg84E5C8BB-4A32-4934-8E44-708BEF933A32 (resized).jpeg
#4195 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Wonder what here was supposed to go ?
[quoted image]

Guess would be the Coma ball lock mech for a CE

#4196 3 years ago

Anyone making a cool mod
To get ride of this unsightly thing by the Apron

9856F5CA-0DF6-409A-8D52-41D177281C0B (resized).jpeg9856F5CA-0DF6-409A-8D52-41D177281C0B (resized).jpeg
#4197 3 years ago
Quoted from gump79:

Guess would be the Coma ball lock mech for a CE

Yeah I have noticed that unlike Stern it seems JJP just does one version of everything and just leaves stuff off for the different levels. There are a lot of unused connectors under the SE playfield, and the left ramp is definitely the exact same ramp as the LE just without the diverter.

#4198 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I wonder how Eric is going to feel winning game if the year with this masterpiece?

One thing is for sure Jean-Paul will get animations of the year!!!
Twich IE pinball now

#4199 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Slash put his cigarette out on your PF! One of a kind!

Dude you beat me to it

#4200 3 years ago

Well....We had our audio board go bad on our LE GNR and as we are waiting for the replacement we connected a Ion Pathfinder external speaker and it sounded AMAZING!!!! Absolutely AMAZING!! So we are playing our hearts out and then the machine reset right in the middle of a song. As it started to start up again we tried to reconnect the Bluetooth and no go, What is going on??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Odessa, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/84?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.